Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? (21227 Views)

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent / My Wife Is Always Sad Whenever I Send Money To My Family / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by countryman13: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
obembet:
I understand that most Nigerian are passing through alot currently because of situations of the nation. Some people are even find it so difficult to eat 3 times in a day which make them forget Thier dear parents.

Despite our challenges, we need to understand that we still have more strength to achieve so many things unlike our parents who only depends on us.

So let me put this to your my dear Nairalanders, when last did you send money to your dear parents?
My mother and father died 2014 n 2015 respectively
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by ManirBK: 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Olasyke:
Even though I don't talk to my dad no more, I still send him something every two weeks.

I bet he'll see this if it enters frontage
so did he withdraw
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by masterflowx(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Every month, unfailingly.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by magictonic(m): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
When my mother was alive, I sent her 10K one day. She called me several times and even sent me an SMS thanking me. I still have the SMS. (Ordinary 10K o).

I sent my Dad 100K one time. He called me and said: "So, it is only 100K, you could send me, after all these years". That day, I cried my eyes out in regret.

This is a man who did know how I went to school, how I survived, how I became a man, feeling entitled to my sweat. I even gave him 10x of what I gave my Mom.

They are both late now, but honestly, I wish my mother was still alive. I would give her more. That woman was an Angel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Nwunyeodogwu(f): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
[color=#550000][/color]
ecolime:
I'm an adult-orphan.

Wish my parents were alive to receive credit alerts from me cry

I can become your parent so you’ll be sending me money grin grin grin
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by planetx: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
My father is late , but my mother is on a #125,000 monthly allowance from me.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by hardon1(m): 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
ecolime:
I'm an adult-orphan.

But I guess there will still be some older ones you look up to. No human is completely an island
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Imij2(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
I send money weekly
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
ecolime:
I'm an adult-orphan.

adult orphan? We deh same League.. I just wish to send money to my mom if its just 1k but no chance.. the woman too suffered.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Respect55(m): 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
Today
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by AishaDant(f): 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
ecolime:
I'm an adult-orphan.

Aww I feel like giving you a big hug.

I am sure they are proud of you.

Just remain nice and calm. smiley

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Hotbreadandbean: 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
yemzone:
This morning, 500k cool
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by LalastiklaIa(m): 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijapikin2:
you not talking to your dad is worse than not sending him money. So stop sending him money and start talking to him.

Just my two kobo Sir

There are millions of people all over the world that don't talk to their dad because the dad never created that rapport between him and his son or show concern when it was needed. Infact he should not send him shishi again and still not talk to him. What nonsense sad angry

You these African parents you feel too big and important to apologise to your kids even when it's glaring that you are at fault.

Olasyke make sure you don't send a penny until he deflates his ego to make amends with you.

Since I was born to this moment I have never seen Nigerian parents owning up to their evil ways or say "it's my fault, I'm sorry".

Don't send shishi angry angry angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Faithy99: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by NAVYdogg: 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
I wish I still have one cry
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Goodson15: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
My own na every week ,first son no easy
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Iamthoney(m): 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
I place both of them on weekly allowance then every month I restock their foodstuffs, diesel, Dstv subscriptions, fill their fuel tanks for their cars every two weeks and help them pay their gateman and cook every month for the last 7years and I’m gonna keep doing so till they take to road no more

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Hotbreadandbean: 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Desusi: 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
Na me still dey chop their money. grin grin grin
Very stingy like my son.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Padipadi(m): 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
Sweetplum:
Yesterday evening.
Last Bullet:
Op, is that you below? You are extremely handsome. grin grin
This is VeryWickedMan head. This girl is wicked
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Hotbreadandbean: 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
Iamthoney:
I place both of them on weekly allowance then every month I restock their foodstuffs, diesel, Dstv subscriptions, fill their fuel tanks for their cars every two weeks and help them pay their gateman and cook every month for the last 7years and I’m gonna keep doing so till they take to road no more
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by GRACEGLORY: 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Dead that spiritual bullcrap. There are millions of people in the world that have cut off their parents and no damn blessing ceased undecided

Just for your info. Dele Alli a former Tottenham player has nothing to do with his parents undecided

I understand your perspective since your definition of success is materialism by nature.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Desusi: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
ThePolemicist:
People will say they gave so and so for you..
But I’ll say.. So did their parents. And I too will do same.
They had a choice to have me & also had a choice to be responsible. Both for which I am grateful.
I feel everyone should plan their lives properly so as not to be liabilities or exclusively dependable on your children.
Investments and other measures should be put in place to arrange for the retirement times.
The viscous cycle has to continue. Don’t hamper the quality of life for the younger generation.
Contribute not solely cater for.
You are part of the reason why their op wrote this thread.A Yoruba adage says "bi okete ba dagba tan,omu omo re lo n mu." So you expect your father to still be struggling after 65 above with useless investment.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Asour: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
internationalman:
Pray make you get parents like Otedola and Dangote them, na them go still dey send you money even after you don marry.

While some parents keep taunting their children for being too old living and depending on them, others are are feeling too lonely and would even pay their children to park in with them.

To keep the world moving and economy going, certain things are unbalanced to maintain equilibrium.

Life nor go ever balance
Life nor go ever b

They do so BUT they still want their kids to be independent. Nobody, especially and even Rich people like people who aren't motivated.

The US Oil industrialist, Koch, as rich as he was, wanted his sons to be up and doing even though he left them a lot.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by LalastiklaIa(m): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
Iamthoney:
I fit see 5k collect. If I fit see

Ecobank

1 99 3 0718 65

Thanks
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by NeckingNgulping(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2022
My mother is dead.. If she was alive, i would have given her the entire world.. But you see my father, shishi, i no go give am. A very wicked man..

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Bigfish121(m): 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
I do most her monthly cable subscription and also pay her rent.its not easy though.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by olisaEze(m): 10:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
Today, even though I need it more than them, I still send it on time because I know they denied themselves a lot just to do same for me! I have the world’s greatest parents no cap! They didn’t have to put up with my mess but they did, and that’s what love really is!! grin

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by BABANGBALI: 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2022
ecolime:
I'm an adult-orphan.

adopt me as your father and be sending the money to me

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by obembet(f): 10:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
magictonic:
When my mother was alive, I sent her 10K one day. She called me several times and even sent me an SMS thanking me. I still have the SMS. (Ordinary 10K o).

I sent my Dad 100K one time. He called me and said: "So, it is only 100K, you could send me, after all these years". That day, I cried my eyes out in regret.

This is a man who did know how I went to school, how I survived, how I became a man, feeling entitlted to my sweat. I even gave him 10x of what I gave my Mom.

They are both late now, but honestly, I wish my mother was still alive. I would give her more. That woman was an Angel.

Sweetheart u did the right thing, u have sow a great seed, u are not in position to judge ur dad, thank God u are a man now, u will understand better.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Ifakiland(m): 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
I don't owe them anything....didn't beg them to birth me in the first place so make nobody put pressure of jeun omo on me. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by byinks(f): 10:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
My dad just sent me 1.8 million yesterday...he's the greatest dad ever ! grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Many Units Of Electricity Goes For 1000 Naira. / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? / Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.