Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf (67608 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by ike007(m): 8:57am On Sep 23, 2022
That's how they are.. Muslims...very useless People. I wish they would just stick to their own.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Originalsly: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:

This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.

Is it a requirement to wear the hijab in the US? No. She has the right to not wear it. Is it a requirement for him to give her the interview? No. He has the right to not show up. Is it he who wanted the interview?... or is it she? She. So who is the loser? She shot herself in the foot. She craved for the opportunity to be the first to interview an Iranian President on American soil and lost it because she refused to wear a scarf.

There is a time and place for everything.

If she wanted to show support for the Iranian women protesting against the wearing of hijab ... this was not the time nor the place for her to do it.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by chris31(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2022
Irrespective of your religion respect other people religion or believes no one is born with religion
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by frog12: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2022
this is a lie

WhatCanIsay:

Read well, she had hosted interviews with more than 4 other Iranian Presidents without having to be subjected to wear a scarf.

Why break in protocol? It seems the Iranian President wants to score a cheap point by taking the unnecessary steps! Why must she have to wear it? Will the president go blind if he sees her hair? Why do most of you make irrelevant things critical even to the extent of killing people for it?

What's really wrong with you people?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Cocolatti(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
Amanpour's reasons are very valid.

If she was in Tehran to interview him... she would have worn the scarf. She wouldn't even have a choice, na command.

But he's on foreign territory, he should be the one to adapt... even if they had requested him to wear baggy jeans.

It's a REQUEST not a COMMAND, so you can still accept or reject.

" When in Rome, you behave like Romans"

Them for insist make he wear knickerbockers sef. grin
That is the problem with Islam. They want the World to do their bidding, but never respect other people's right.

4 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 8:59am On Sep 23, 2022
placeofallure:

Did you hit your head against something?
How could she have known that he wouldn't agree to leaving the head bare?
You didn't see the demand of president as outrageous, even on American soil?
You are nothing but a common misogynist!

Thank you Amanpour for being resolute. You will not trample on my right in Iran and still have the audacity to try it outside your territory. Radarada! Tan ni?

I will take the insult. It's a very good raining morning afterall. Thank you.

Secondly, to answer your question. How could she not have known for crying out loud. With the tense situation of this same matter in iran.

Or why do you think she is interviewing him? Was it not to address thw situation in iran which this same woman segregation issue is one of it.

It was planned, she knows he would reject it. Its all for clout.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by frog12: 8:59am On Sep 23, 2022
hahaha. they use black magic?

JaskanFactor:
They are actors, both reporter and president, soon enough they will let the world know what they acting out, that they want the rest of the world to join in. Its normal for actors not to care how much fool they make themselves.
Whom ever is still watching CNN really needs help, cnn is not fit for viewing cause thier programming is a combination of disinformation, mind control operations, and black magic.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by frog12: 9:00am On Sep 23, 2022
lies

folake4u:
I'm very happy that Christine Amanpour stood her ground. This is not the first Iranian President she'd be interviewing but this current one wants to "impose" the head covering at last minute.
Make it make sense please? There are salient issues at hand, people are dying and protesting in Iran but na headscarf and "respect" be your problem for another man land. angry

Nonsense! undecided
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by kenex4ever(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like the africa leaders that licks the feet of the europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, he know he will never accept to that, so why shedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president religious doctrine.

It is definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda set of medias would have make us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world
U need to pay attention to your English writing skills.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by muykem: 9:01am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like the africa leaders that licks the feet of the europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, he know he will never accept to that, so why shedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president religious doctrine.

It is definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda set of medias would have make us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world
You suppose to be in Afghanistan not Nigeria. You want interviewer to dress according to his religion beliefs and not according to interviewer beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by osazsky(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Originalsly:

Is it a requirement to wear the hijab in the US? No. She has the right to not wear it. Is it a requirement for him to give her the interview? No. He has the right to not show up. Is it he who wanted the interview?... or is it she? She. So who is the loser? She shot herself in the foot. She craved for the opportunity to be the first to interview an Iranian President on American soil and lost it because she refused to wear a scarf.

There is a time and place for everything.

If she wanted to show support for the Iranian women protesting against the wearing of hijab ... this was not the time nor the place for her to do it.

so if she wanted to protect the interest of Iranian female slave that has been subjected to hijab and deprived education,she for wear hijab..very funny..blacks are really monkeys i swear
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Flamemignon1(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it
Islam loves making women feel inferior

6 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Acidosis(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2022
While I support her stance on the matter, I hope the world is also aware that there are certain dress code people must adhere to and embrace before meeting the queen/king of England?

I hope our anger will be sustained when we get to know the strict dress code required for a meeting with a queen from England??
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Nawttiboi007(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2022
That’s why ur religion embraces war like the best way to your heaven with seven female virgins
lhordspy:

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 9:02am On Sep 23, 2022
damosky12:

Lol. Don't bring Jesus into this... Don't patronise Christians.

Jesus and his servants aren't religious bigots. Those Jesus mostly had issues with were people who were dogmatically religious.

First, the Iranian President is on US soil. You can't force someone to dress as you'd like in their own country.

But this just tells you about Islam. It's always been about force. It spread through force. It is synonymous with extreme force and violence.

Virtually everywhere there's Islam, there's violence. Use Nigeria as a microcosm of this argument...

It's very painful we africans won't see the light. We are just blind my religious sentimentalism.

Cant you see clearly it was a trap by CNN to justify their hate against the iranian government??. The president knows this, and he still stood on is doctrine. He is a king
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by anonimi: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2022
donbrowser:
You obviously didn't read the article. She used to work in Iran and that period she covered her hair because it's the rule in Iran. Now she's in USA and Iranian president still want to compel her to do so.

Her father was Iranian and she lived there until she was 11 years old.

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Flamemignon1(m): 9:04am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
The requested interview was just a ploy to paint Iran bad amidst the hijab controversy going on in Iran. Of course she vividly know the Iranian president won't grant her request.

Is like you don't know this western reporters.
And it worked because it was the number one trending on socials 7-8 hours ago with celebs taking a jive at it
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Amayabor1: 9:05am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Stop being dumb and foolish at the same time. Amanpour has interviewed almost all past Iranian Presidents and none has ever asked her to wear a head scarf. If the interview occurs in Iran, she always obeys local laws and wear a head scarf. If the interview occurs outside of Iran, and the country where the interview took place doesn't require women to wear head scarf, she doesn't wear any.

This is the US where the interview was supposed to take place. The Iranian President can't tell her what and what not to wear. When he gets back to his country, he can give such orders.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by ayorboy(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2022
WHY DON'T YOU MENTION ANY MUSLIM CLOSE TO YOU WHO HAD PREVIOUSLY OR RECENTLY TERRORIZE YOU. Is it proper to say Christians and Raping are 5 and 6 just because we hear sex scandal of Pastors day in day out and even Raping and having canal knowledge of minors?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by osazsky(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2022
Wait o if woman done reach 98 years she go still they wear hijab..cuz the last time i checked amanpour is close to 70..so ittanian president prik stand for this old woman..wat is really wrong with muslim men.their prik they stand anyhow unconditionally no wonder i keep seeing videos of them fuking cow thats y i no longer eat beef..no wonder they band public display of mannique by botique operators in the north..there was a day i used chisels to put holes on our fence then..my muslim friend prik just stand automatically..then i was young and didnt read meaning to it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Akanoaaa(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2022
Why these people always trying to force the way of their life on people? Why can't they respect someone else choice for once? Must everything go their way?

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by donbrowser(m): 9:08am On Sep 23, 2022
anonimi:

Her father was Iranian and she lived there until she was 11 years old.

According to the article. She worked as a journalist in Iran.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2022
Religious idiots
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by AdamuKD: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Shut up Islamic headslaming terrorist. Islam is the problem of the world

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by fserpent: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2022
advanceDNA:

Yes....the stúpid man had no right to expect a woman he ddnt knw to do what he wanted just becos he wants to talk with her in a neutral location.....its orritating

He just proved Hijab is clearly a tool of making men inferior to women....what was going to happen at the interview??...was he going to get sexually tempted by the hair of fully clothed 64 year old Christiane Amonpour??
He did not force her. That is his demand she can choose to do whatever she wants.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Horla1000: 9:10am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:
U called for an interview and he accepted and u want it on ur own terms , instead of his.. I will not blame the president...there's a tough situation in his country now concerning the hijab and CNN and Western media as usual wanna make it sensational... the women in his country are protesting and u want to interview him without a hijab so that the protest will now get out of control....Western media and manipulation

Thank you, you just nailed it.
Amanpour knows vividly well of the protest going on and wanted to take advantage of the situation. Don't mind this westerners.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Flamemignon1(m): 9:10am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:
U called for an interview and he accepted and u want it on ur own terms , instead of his.. I will not blame the president...there's a tough situation in his country now concerning the hijab and CNN and Western media as usual wanna make it sensational... the women in his country are protesting and u want to interview him without a hijab so that the protest will now get out of control....Western media and manipulation
Some of you women keep adding to your own misogyny,did you even read the article? It was a last minute request before the interview started

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by splendournoni: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2022
When we say Islam is just for the illiterate van you imagine... Tolerance is key in a civilised world...

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Broveens42(m): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2022
DonXavi:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/middleeast/iran-president-ebrahim-raisi-christiane-amanpour-intl/index.html

If an Igbo lady did this, you would hear something like..

Why are Igbo people very proud
What would it take her to just cover simple hair, not like they asked her to wear conventional hijab
She has suddenly forgotten her roots because she's now in America
Must she pull stunts for simple interview..

Oh !!! suddenly, everyone realizes there is something like "Rights"

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:
This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.
Who told you he is in America?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Patriotsleague: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2022
advanceDNA:
Islam and making women inferior to men na 5&6
They treat their woman as slaves.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2022
Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin's New Secret £200million Palace In 'Billionaire's Village' / Kenyan Man Dresses As Female Prostitute / Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.