Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf (67639 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Masterito(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2022
Are you okay in your head? In America? So Iran has rules for Americans in the US?
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way right in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world. You want to interview me without headscarf which is against my doctrine, i said No. Everyone can go their way then. Must you cry to the world? Na by force?

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Decent09(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2022
Flamemignon1:

And you want people to live unhappily?

How can people live happily with immoralities everywhere.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by benqo01(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:
U called for an interview and he accepted and u want it on ur own terms , instead of his.. I will not blame the president...there's a tough situation in his country now concerning the hijab and CNN and Western media as usual wanna make it sensational... the women in his country are protesting and u want to interview him without a hijab so that the protest will now get out of control....Western media and manipulation

I disagree with you truth is she isn't in Iran but a foreign country so she must abide to the rules of the country u self reason am na
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by imam07: 10:15am On Sep 23, 2022
RealTrump:
She should have worn d hijab, it even usually looks nice on her.
foolish reasoning
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by whizzler: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2022
Broveens42:

Hahahaha.. no he's illogical ... If an Igbo lady did this, I'm sure a lot of you will condemn with words like..

Why are Igbo people proud..
She's suddenly forgotten her roots because she's now in America
Must you embarrass a sitting president
Just simple interview and you can't cover hair
Why do Igbo people like unnecessary drama

Hehehehahahahuhuhu

There is protest ongoing in his country on same issue, the interview was at her request,so he is at liberty to dictate the process and he has justified it that it's the holy months of Muharram and saffar. And what he asked for is just symbolic head scarf. Amanpour knows he won't accept her without it. She achieved her aim here
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by nzube25779: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2022
Fizznation take this advice seriously and comply.Fizznation take this advice seriously and comply....
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by benqo01(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2022
This is total Trash is like Joe Biden going for interview in Aljazirah and telling the presenter to remove her Hijab before the interview
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Delacroix6(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it

Afeez you are too dμmb.. Try to read and comprehend before commenting...
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by imam07: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2022
Idaytesj29:

This calls for no argument, Iranian president declined the interview and amanpour declined the to wear it. Each goes their separate ways. No case!

fine but must u be condemning her for not wearing it. When she refused to wear it, why u Muslims blaming her. She is not in Iran so your common sense no tell you is wrong for enforcing your useless law in someone else soil. Islam does not allow you to reason straight

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by SIRTee15: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

But it changed when the issue in his country arose ... Islam is not like Christianity... if Christianity were are rigid as Islam, the world will b a better place... absolute freedom destroys the moral and decent fabric of the society ... from no hijab , to free sex , to abortions , to single mothers , to broken homes, to unreliable kids that will finally lead to the destruction of their country

And u think all these vices are not in Islam. U think Islamic societies are all loving and dovey.
Travel to the north and see true Islam. They have higher divorce rate than the south. Homosexually is rampant, and sleeping with young boys is norm. Prostitution is as as common as the south. Their belief in poverty and destitution is nauseating.
Arabs are worst, they oppress their women, rape their African maids and enslave African men.
If that's the system u eulogise, then I don't think Christianity is for u.
Btw, stop equating westernisation to Christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by uniquetechng: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

He dint call for the interview, she did... if u ask someone to come visit u and the person say under one condition , that u will buy his regular drink ...if u really need to see him, u will do what he says ...
Not in this instance, you cant tell a man how to arrange his furniture before you visit , does it make any sense to you ?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by asanausana91: 10:21am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world. But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way right in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world.

)l) km
Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president in a bad light in the face of the world.? You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.
as foolish as you sound, you equally don't know the foundamental human rights of the US? This is US not Iran where they are treating you like slaves. Amanpour didn't decide for him what to wear, then why will he decides for her.
You are a slave that has no single right, you have no freedom.
The useless president will go to US and drink champagne but when he comes to Iran he will order his police to kill anybody drinking alcohol. The same hypocrisy is happening in this country, Kano and Sokoto are destroying bottle of alcohol but when federal government begin to share money from the alcohol they will be the first to collect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by assholemods: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world. You want to interview me without headscarf which is against my doctrine, i said No. Everyone can go their way then. Must you cry to the world? Na by force?

This one dey okay at all?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by asanausana91: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2022
This is what will happen to Nigeria if we vote the Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by jrusky(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2022
Who cares. He can go to hell is the bastard the one paying Amanpour salary or is CNN fucking Iran property?

Thunder fire him headscarf my a s s these Ishmealites are too dumbs and always love creating tension with their religion of pardition filled with hypocrisy.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by membranus: 10:23am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Your argument is not coherent. Which side are you supporting Amanpour or Raisin, the Dictator who is not allowing religious freedom in his country?

Amanpour, brought up in Iran, reiterates that she has interviewed many Iranian presidents outside Iran, without being forced to wear head scarf, so why is Mr. Religious Extremist forcing her to do so before being interviewed? Iran is not America, therefore if you are in Rome, behave like the Romans, or else, stay in your lane.

And what has JESUS to do in your argument, He served no purpose there. Why not Muhammed?

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by asanausana91: 10:24am On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:
U called for an interview and he accepted and u want it on ur own terms , instead of his.. I will not blame the president...there's a tough situation in his country now concerning the hijab and CNN and Western media as usual wanna make it sensational... the women in his country are protesting and u want to interview him without a hijab so that the protest will now get out of control....Western media and manipulation
see mumu, did she decide for him what he will wear? Why is he deciding for her?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Decent09(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2022
advanceDNA:
Islam and making women inferior to men na 5&6

No no no, He just wanted her to practice religion of Christ, as being practiced by his mother Mary.

Check all pictures of Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2022
IS THIS WHAT HIS OWN ISLAM TEACHES?INTOLERANCE AND HATE? NO HUMANITY IN HIM AGAIN TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S CHOICE?
I S L M A B A D angry undecided
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by osazsky(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2022
iamrealdeji:
He the president of an oil rich country and your whole generation can never achieve what he has achieved and you call him stupid for not compromising his religious belief because of th west? He doesn't even know you exist
u want amapour to compromise her own religion cus u feel the president is rich..y i hate u guys is that when u are giving ur own medicine u start shouring blasphemy..una go insult christ,no issue but once person caurse muhamed the north explodes..idiot stop thinking with ur asss.so cuz the president is rich we should accept the scam of islam..u be goat sha

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by ZombieTAMER: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world, they did it with libya,iraq,syria,afghanistan,venezuela,russia, and many more. who remember the hongkong situation in china too?.

But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

We say No to Muslim Muslim ticket

Islam means jail
Islam means giving up your life and freedom
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by pafo(m): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2022
DonXavi:
This is just a ridiculous demand, they should have told the Iranian president to put on a baseball cap. Rules for medieval time are not fit for our present time. That is why Iranian women are on the street protesting right now.

This exact reasoning is why the world is filled with filth and western kids shoot their mothers and strangers in malls.

A TOP ranking Iranian personnel cannot speak to a woman with her hair uncovered. Its simple! You cant tell a people which laws are right or not and as much as I'm not into religion, you've got to respect other people's boundaries when coming into their space.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Ibkhaleel: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:
This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.
This shows how rotten and immoral you are....

How could you justify your statement?

Shameless polytheist trinitarian pagans

People woth evil mind and corrupt souls

You and your parents are advocates of Nudity and unclothedness....i dont blame you...

You are born and brought up in such an evil society where sex and alcoholism is widely practiced...

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by osazsky(m): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2022
asanausana91:
i tire o..christains dont wear cap in places if worship magine if amapour had told d idiot to remove hus cap on national tv..thousands for do die for zamfara today

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Decent09(m): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2022
asanausana91:

It's his choice, He is not a Mumu Man like you.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2022
But she cover for Kabul.....
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world, they did it with libya,iraq,syria,afghanistan,venezuela,russia, and many more. who remember the hongkong situation in china too?.

But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda-dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

See as this person dey analyze things wey dey happen thousands of kilometers away from him or her

Las las ur opinion and all no pass nairaland and all these people you dey mention no know say u dey exist, nairaland no sabi who u be and people no even care
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Osanoghodua1: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Embrace Jesus and be free forever ♾️.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Fash20: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Thank God, Jesus wasnt around this time. This present day propaganda-dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

You just spoke whats on my mind
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Idaytesj29(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2022
imam07:
fine but must u be condemning her for not wearing it. When she refused to wear it, why u Muslims blaming her. She is not in Iran so your common sense no tell you is wrong for enforcing your useless law in someone else soil. Islam does not allow you to reason straight

Who published the news to generate public awareness and reactions? Amanpour and CNN. When you put such news to the public, you already call for divergent reactions, some will condemn and some will commend.

I think she knew this before publishing and she know what she will gain doing that.

It's not our problem, we are not Iranian or Amanpour family.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by cooooooks(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2022
He didn't want to do the interview. Iran has questions to answer as to why their religious police beat a girl to death.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by osazsky(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Decent09:

It's his choice, He is not a Mumu Man like you.
y then decide for her since he was puti ng on a cap and its against the fate of amapour..i keep saying it over riteousness is wat will lead people to helll..chistainity of peaple are watching and Islam of wat will people say..we all we be judged by wat we do in secrete when no one was watching..ofcoutse everyone is a saint in places of worship but make them reach house first

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Dresses As Female Prostitute / Vladimir Putin's New Secret £200million Palace In 'Billionaire's Village' / Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.