Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,922 members, 7,802,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity (20220 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi / Obasanjo: Nigeria Is Presently Dripping Bitterness, Sadness / Sanusi Lamido: No Northern Leader Should Be Happy Today Over Poverty, Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Basicend: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2022
K
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Honestfrend: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
grin

This is why Tinubu will be the next President.

Atiku a close 2nd.

But we don't want a 3rd Class dullard who is a coward that ran from PDP primaries and shamelessly lives in the Lagos Tinubu developed.

SE - underdeveloped, indigenes run away like it is hell to Lagos which is heaven to them. Mondays are sit-at-home....NO ONE wants a Nigeria like that.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by phorget(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2022
ThinkWISELY:
Happy Sunday,even as everywhere right for me now ,I woke up very positive today and I’m very happy about it.

iPhone 14 128GB = 850,000 Naira
iPhone 14 256GB = 950,000 Naira
iPhone 14 Pro 128GB = 1,150,000 Naira
iPhone 14 Pro 256GB = 1,200,000 Naira
iPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB = 1,370,000 Naira
iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB = 1,550,000 Naira
iPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB = 1,850,000 Naira
iPhone 14 Pro Max 1TB = 1,950,000 Naira.

Contact for inspections and pick up.
Delivery nationwide also available.

I'll ThinkWISELY so you don't expect me to buy such frivolities you are selling.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by saysugar(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2022
I will never labour in this 2023 cheesy I must progress grin
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by GeneralOjukwu: 8:49am On Sep 25, 2022
Honestfrend:
grin

Waiting for you. I dey kempe wink
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by koning: 8:49am On Sep 25, 2022
maasoap:
From the same man who governed Nigeria for straight 8 years but neither created jobs nor conducive environment for jobs creation.

He governed for much more than 8 years. He was first a military head of state.

He and IBB had more opportunity of fixing the country as military heads of state.

As a civilian president, you will have to contend with greedy senators and Reps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by saysugar(m): 8:49am On Sep 25, 2022
ThinkWISELY:
Happy Sunday,even as everywhere right for me now ,I woke up very positive today and I’m very happy about it.

2milli for phone? embarassed
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Goodman247: 8:49am On Sep 25, 2022
What did you do when you were president, you should be ashamed to even talk
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by gulfer: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2022
But we signed a pact with "Poverty, Insecurity" when we voted APC in 2015, may God help us in the divorce we plan in 2023 so that "Nigeria will no longer have Business With Poverty, Insecurity" cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Honchoslim16(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2022
My crew done f#cked all of her friends
We here so they know to come in
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 25, 2022
Exmilitant:
Obasanjo once govern Nigeria. He did little to lead Nigeria out of poverty.

Have they looted more than him? undecided

Same Obasanjo who revolutionised the telecoms industry paving way for the mobile phones and cheap Internet access you're using to blab rubbish on a sunday morning?

Same Obasanjo who tactfully and competently was able to remove Nigeria from the list of indebted nations?

That he had his own faults and failings as a President doesn't mean we all have to act as dumb as you're doing now by taking his words with a pinch of salt.

Learn to give credit when and where due!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by OdefaGirl(f): 8:52am On Sep 25, 2022
They will not calm down and read through and reason with the brains God gave them..... Most would jump into comment section without pitying themselves as a nation.

The mentality of so many of us in this country..... Equals that of animals.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by ThinkWISELY(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2022
phorget:

I'll ThinkWISELY so you don't expect me to buy such frivolities you are selling.

I sell phones boss.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by chatinent: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2022
Obasanjo doesn't deserve an audience. He was one of the people who kept Nigeria like this, with his thieving Vice.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by ThinkWISELY(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2022
saysugar:
2milli for phone? embarassed

Na so we see am baba.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by kerry57: 8:58am On Sep 25, 2022
When u dey share Ghana must go for house of representatives u no know abi. Failed leaders

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Patriotsleague: 9:00am On Sep 25, 2022
He is right on this. APC government led by Sir Buhari must sit up, and live up to their manifesto promises.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by stepaside2: 9:06am On Sep 25, 2022
OBJ set up Nigeria to succeed through his bold reforms which we are enjoying today. However he completely derailed by attempting the dead-on-arrival third term bid. His disdain for free and fair elections disabled our march towards selecting good leaders. This led to the emergence of unprepared leaders such as Yaradua and GEJ. Yaradua meant well but apart from amnesty for ND militants, what else stood out? He reversed the sale of refineries, halted the electricity reforms after the humongous amounts spent by previous administration and generally slowed down most of OBJ's reforms before his untimely death.

OBJ therefore has no right to pontificate about the process of emergence of good leaders, far from it. In fact we should hold him responsible for the string of failures since he left office.

NOI came close to identifying our major economic problem. Our inability to diversify away from oil, our mono product economy sustainer. She was finance minister twice and knows what she is saying. You can see how she sidestepped the blame game because that will quickly put her years of service to Nigeria in the spotlight.

We need to diversify our economy, increase revenue five, ten folds and put our largely idle people and assets to productive work. That will solve most of the other problems bedevilling us. I look forward to hearing candidates' proposals in this direction
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by maasoap(m): 9:06am On Sep 25, 2022
Kizzygentle:

So far so good, he has been the best president ever. Check your stats very well.. No need for too much caps.. And besides I am an igbo guy so don't thi k I am Yoruba. .

Glad to know. But it will interest you too to know that I'm a Yoruba man just like Obasanjo.
He created Poverty Alleviation Program (PAP), ran it for one year and cancelled it. Lol. Today, he's talking about employment like he didn't ruled Nigeria or like he didn't fail in the area of job creation.
I'm better off today under Buhari than I was under Obj. It might sound odd but that's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Okhuadams(m): 9:07am On Sep 25, 2022
adenigga:

https://punchng.com/Nigeria-has-no-business-with-poverty-insecurity-Obasanjo
coming From some one that wasted 16b on uncircumcised electricity

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Okhuadams(m): 9:10am On Sep 25, 2022
ThinkWISELY:

Contact me when you have ephone
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by maasoap(m): 9:10am On Sep 25, 2022
stepaside2:
OBJ set up Nigeria to succeed through his bold reforms which we are enjoying today. However he completely derailed by............

Yeah, most especially when he wasted 60 billion naira/dollars on phantom power projects across the nation grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by maasoap(m): 9:12am On Sep 25, 2022
SaLongs1:
He was busy clandestinely plotting for a third term or possibly life presidency.

grin grin grin
And he didn't forget to acquire as much properties as possible for himself too. They only see failures in others but not in themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by anonimi: 9:14am On Sep 25, 2022
Righthussle:
Baba thank you for standing by the youths.

The Baba who made Omisore, the highest profile suspect in the murder of his AGF, Bola Ige a senator as part of the 2003 scamming of Afenifere Yoruba leaders?
The Baba who stole $16 billion for electricity that could have improved the environment for youths employment?
Do you know vindictive Baba Iyabo at all

How Atiku saved Obasanjo from near bankruptcy before he emerged president’

September 17, 2018

Atiku was reportedly asked to join a team to Ogun to inform Obasanjo that he was going to run for the highest office in the land.

“When Atiku and Obasanjo discussed the call to serve as president, Obasanjo said he could not be president because he was a nearly bankrupt ex-convict. Atiku, through General (Aliyu) Gusau, paid money into Obasanjo’s account to begin his financial rehabilitation.

“Head of State Abdulsalami Abubakar helped out by granting him an unconditional pardon. Atiku put everything he had at his disposal to support Obasanjo’s emergence as the PDP presidential candidate and, when he joined the ticket as the vice-presidential nominee, continued to make his assets available to Obasanjo and the campaign.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/how-atiku-saved-obasanjo-from-near-bankruptcy-before-he-emerged-president/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Brushstrokes20: 9:15am On Sep 25, 2022
Spot on! But criminal Nig politicians / crooks within the corridors of power uses poverty as a weapon against the people... # IMPOVERISH AND RULE!

but one day na one day! undecided
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by anonimi: 9:16am On Sep 25, 2022
Kizzygentle:
So far so good, he has been the best president ever. Check your stats very well.. No need for too much caps.. And besides I am an igbo guy so don't thi k I am Yoruba..

Jonathan was better by far on infrastructure, employment, education and economic growth in the face of declining oil prices.
Go and verify.
Feel free to fact-check.

Did your best president Obasanjo not gang up to chase Jonathan out of Aso Rock even though Obasanjo knew that Buhari was a failure despite ThiefNuibu’s packaging? Should any youth listen to such a man who means no good for our country?

Emergingnation:
Flashback: How Bola Tinubu spoke highly of Buhari in 2015, named PDP ‘Poverty Development Party

National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu had during the presidential campaign in 2015, referred to President Muhammadu Buhari as the only solution for the security and economic challenges facing Nigeria.

During a mega presidential rally, the former governor of Lagos State recalled how some powerful nations in the world returned to army generals when they were challenged, saying “Major General Buhari would revive Nigeria’s economy”.

He named the current opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP as the “Poverty Development Party saying they had nothing to offer.

His words at the time were; “Every nation has a period of their own challenges, when America was challenged, they turned to one great man, their ex-military general, General Eisenhower. When the French were challenged, they turned to their general, Charles de Gaulle.

“When Britain was challenged, they turned to their general. Today, Nigeria is economically and physically challenged so we turn to General Muhammadu Buhari. He is the right man for the job. If you talk about military experience, he has it abundantly, he has courage, simplicity, he has it abundantly.

“If you talk about great determination, a combination of vision and ability to perform, honesty and integrity, he has it abundantly.

“I laugh when the incapable government, ‘Poverty Development Party’ PDP were talking. They have nothing again to say, they now want to question the qualifications of General Buhari and look for his certificate”.

Following the manifestos in 2015 which projected the APC presidential candidate as a ‘saviour’, Buhari defeated the then incumbent president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with Nigerians expecting a total change in security and economy.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/01/flashback-how-bola-tinubu-spoke-highly-of-buhari-in-2015-named-pdp-poverty-development-party/

Buhari not sound in economy, foreign affairs —Obasanjo

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

https://punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/?amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Beedude(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2022
Operation Feed The Nation turns Obasanjo Farm Of Nigeria.

Be like all of you are mad
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Beedude(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2022
anonimi:

Jonathan was better by far on infrastructure, employment, education and economic growth in the face of declining oil prices.
Go and verify.
Feel free to fact-check.

Stop saying rubbish abeeg.

None of our leaders was better.

All of them are mad

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Focusmind: 9:18am On Sep 25, 2022
People are here, castigating Obasanjo. The man remains the best president since the inception of the fourth republic. The rate of recruitment from 2002 to 2008 has not been seen in decades. I was opportuned to have graduated within that time and had plethora of aptitude tests invites from corporate organisations. My father's business was equally doing well. Likewise my cousins that were into trades and other businesses

Now, companies hardly recruit because of economic crunch and the difficult business environment. Joblessness is an at all time high and the government seems clueless on how to tackle it.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by Realguyman1(m): 9:18am On Sep 25, 2022
Michelle70:
Thanks to every one of u politicians.

If half of u had been visionary like Yar' Adua was, we wouldnt be here.
I dey tell u, Yaradua was the only president of Nigeria that was really ready then to helped Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by SaLongs1(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2022
Kizzygentle:

I wish it actually happened because it would have been much much better than what naiha is today
I don't think so, look at neighboring countries like Cameroun with a life president

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity by SaLongs1(m): 9:23am On Sep 25, 2022
Focusmind:
People are here, castigating Obasanjo. The man remains the best president since the inception of the fourth republic. The rate of recruitment from 2002 to 2008 has not been seen in decades. I was opportuned to have graduated within that time and had plethora of aptitude tests invites from corporate organisations. My father's business was equally doing well. Likewise my cousins that were into trades and other businesses

Now, companies hardly recruit because of economic crunch and the difficult business environment. Joblessness is an at all time high and the government seems clueless on how to tackle it.
there are people who would say the same about any government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Refutes Alleged Relocation Of Boko-haram Detainees To Anambra - Vanguard / 24 Days After, 500 Directors Defy Fg’s Order To Retire / Niger-Delta Militants Seize Liberian Vessel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.