Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. (3883 Views)

Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota / Obasanjo Awarded $841.6m Rail Project Without Mou –chinese Firm / David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2011
http://nigerianmailonline.com/chinese-firm-to-construct-road-in-osun

CHINESE FIRM TO CONSTRUCT ROAD IN OSUN
Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola has met with a team from Chinese Construction Firm, Hongye Construction Group to perfect talks on road construction in the state.
Governor Aregbasola, who had hinted recently that his administration will reconstruct Osun roads after the rains subside, re-echoed this resolve, when he received in his office the Management team of Hongye Construction Group.
Hongye Construction Group has been given the task to open up and construct some selected roads in Osun State.
The projects include Igbajo-Iresi road in Boluwaduro Local Government, Ajegunle-Orileowu-Gbongan-Apomu-Ikire road in Ayedaade local government, and the road linking Iloko-Ijesa – Ijebu-Jesa in Oriade Local Government, which also serves as a link to Aramoko-Ekiti in Ekiti State.
Aregbesola said the job given to the company would test its technical and financial capacity to partner the state government in the construction of durable roads across the state.

The governor noted that what would define the relationship between the state and the firm would be the flexibility in funding, as his administration would not adopt the customary routine government-contractor relationship.
In a statement to the Chinese firm, he said, “We will be paying on account as you are able to deliver to enable us meet other commitments. On these roads, let us work out how you will mobilise and start your efforts at telling the world that you are a reliable, proficient and award-winning construction company. The only thing is that we have to agree on the flexibility of funding because it won’t be payment on the usual term.”
He recalled that during his recent trip to China, the Chairman of the company gave his assurances to do all within his power to make sure that nothing prevents the beneficial relationship between the state and the Chinese companies.
He also noted that the visit of the company management team to Osun State was a reflection of the high premium and seriousness attached to their engagement.
He expressed hope that the construction company would showcase its capacity to construct roads that would be reference point and a model of excellence in line with the dream by his administration.
The Managing Director of Hongye Construction Group, Mr. Yang Hansheng promised that the company will construct quality roads at minimal cost in Osun, stressing that the partnership with the state government would also assist in providing more job opportunities for citizens in the state.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by ektbear: 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2011
Does this particular company have a good track record?

How was it selected?
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2011
LOLZZZ!!!!!!!!

After 9 months of lazing about? Damn!
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

Does this particular company have a good track record?

Aregbesola is taking his time and being very methodical . I have no doubt he has probably selected a good firm with a decent History. In fact, Aregbesola hints in the article that they are an award-winning construction company.

How was it selected?

I would think Aregbesola's team of educated experts would have no problem using the right criteria to select a Construction Company capable of delivering. It is not Rocket Science. There is no point in me asking you how you chose the Construction firm you settled on to carry out an extension on your house because I would assume , as an educated and methodical person, you have inspected records of competence , portfolio of work, excellence awards (if any),  level of service delivery, adherence to deadline and budget, recommendations of previous clients, etc , etc. It really is not very difficult.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2011
Gbawe:

Aregbesola is taking his time and being very methodical . I have no doubt he has probably selected a good firm with a decent History. In fact, Aregbesola hints in the article that they are an award-winning construction company.

See voodoo! After 9 months, he is really taking his time!
One day be one day! Unu go tek laff kill pikin for NL o!  grin grin grin 
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by koruji(m): 12:38am On Aug 14, 2011
@Beaf
Obviously you are far from reflexive. Otherwise, I don't see how you could come here attempting to complain about something that applies even more aptly to your paymaster. GEJ as deputy gov., gov., VP and now President is yet to lay claim to a signature achievement of his own in governance. Yet, his "employees" do not shy from accusing someone who has been in an executive position for 9 months of lazying around. Compare that to almost a total of 6 years or so in executive positions that GEJ has enjoyed.

Beaf pointing one finger at Aregbesola, so-so.
Beaf pointing the remaining four fingers at himself/Oga, hilarity.

Name one complain that you have raised against ACN governors that doesn't apply even moreso to GEJ or your state governor. Please also tell me one thing GEJ has done that would make you follow him so closely if he was not from your neck of the woods. Humor me.

Instead of spending time monitoring your state gov's performance, you are over here taking phensic for another's purported headache.

Beaf:

See voodoo! After 9 months, he is really taking his time!
One day be one day! Unu go tek laff kill pikin for NL o!  grin grin grin 

Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 12:43am On Aug 14, 2011
^
You got jokes!
By the way, I don't work for GEJ, so please carry Aregbesola's casket and stop trying to deflect the argument. LOLZZ!
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by koruji(m): 1:41am On Aug 14, 2011
So, why are you getting headache over Osun State when your own state is going to the dogs. Hiding behind one finger, are we?

Beaf:

^
You got jokes!
By the way, I don't work for GEJ, so please carry Aregbesola's casket and stop trying to deflect the argument. LOLZZ!
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 1:56am On Aug 14, 2011
^
Dogs? Like I said, you got jokes!!! grin
What governor can be as bad as Rauf?
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 14, 2011
Beaf why are you always being a hater? What state are you from?

What is your governor doing?

What has he done?

Why are you so bias? Always about ACN. Jonathan hasn't done anything for this nation since taking over,

Why don't you just shut up and grow up?

Is it that hard for to man up or what?

You post something Jonathan has done. Just one thing please!!

If you post an article about proposals, then he is on same level as Rauf, You honestly need to grow up,
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Johndoe100(m): 3:02am On Aug 14, 2011
@gbawe
"I would think and I have no doubt" - they all mean the same thing - I don't have a clue.

Why do you people spend so much time with your lips glued to the assholes of these ACN clowns? Aregbesola is a joke, sadly he is representative of the ACN.
When you are all grown up and you come visit us here in Nigeria you may have a less romantic view of these thugs.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by hollandis(f): 3:18am On Aug 14, 2011
Dont we have civil engineers again,i believe NUC should delist that course from nigerian universities
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 16, 2011
The projects include Igbajo-Iresi road in Boluwaduro Local Government, Ajegunle-Orileowu-Gbongan-Apomu-Ikire road in Ayedaade local government, and the road linking Iloko-Ijesa – Ijebu-Jesa in Oriade Local Government, which also serves as a link to Aramoko-Ekiti in Ekiti State.
Aregbesola said the job given to the company would test its technical and financial capacity to partner the state government in the construction of durable roads across the state.

No Ife/Modakeke? No Okuku? I smell a rat.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by jasmine21(f): 1:22am On Aug 16, 2011
Chinese company ke? Hmm will the road last? Dis one dat he is building all of 'em around his home town (ilesa/ijesha) I reserve my comments.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by PointB: 2:00am On Aug 16, 2011
He should do something already. Most governors has blazed the trail already. While Aregbesola is waiting for the rain and now the Chinese. Didn't he planned to be governor? Why is taking so much time to get moving, and doing? Na wa ooo. This Aregbesola self! If he is incompetent he should resign. I am sure there better people in his party/state. This sort of slow motion is not good, whether from GEJ/PDP or Rauf/ACN.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by MMM2(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2011
anoda china road in 9ja angry
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by mosalab(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2011
Workers on strike, student on riot, increase of taxrate, what a good planner.I see aregbesola following the path akande and also will be ousted out like him.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gigastar(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2011
hmm
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2011
From chinko phones to chinko roads,
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by philip0906(m): 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2011
babasoty:

grin grin
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by BigMeat2: 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
Noting aganist the Chinese Construction company, my question is how many Nigerians will this company employ?
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe2: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2011
babasoty:

jasmine21:

Chinese company ke? Hmm will the road last? Dis one dat he is building all of 'em around his home town (ilesa/ijesha) I reserve my comments.

China is the home of the poorest and highest quality goods available in the entire world. Companies , demanding the highest standard of quality , source form China. It is up to a buyer to define his relationship with China. If we Africans deliberately , because we only ever think of cost , court the worst from China , in the form of goods and services, then we should not use our own low standards to make blanket statements against China. To just tout China as associated with inferior goods and services is intellectually lazy.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe2: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
Big Meat:

Noting aganist the Chinese Construction company, my question is how many Nigerians will this company employ?

The skilled , semi-skilled and non-skilled jobs will go mainly to Nigerians . The Chinese will usually only be involved in supervisory , training, managerial and project management role.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe2: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2011
Johndoe100:

@gbawe
"I would think and I have no doubt" - they all mean the same thing - I don't have a clue.

Why do you people spend so much time with your lips glued to the assholes of these ACN clowns? Aregbesola is a joke, [/b]sadly he is representative of the ACN.
When you are all grown up and you come visit us here in Nigeria you may have a less romantic view of these thugs.

No . You are the joke . A big one at that !! You claim to be "on the ground" , non-stop, yet you are a highly ignorant mischief maker along with your fellow olodo co-travellers. Aregbesola has deployed a Chinese Company and he has identified Road that will be worked on immediately with more infrastructural work to follow (see below). How many others have done same ? Is it not easier , in this information age , for you to find out about the Company Aregbesola is partnering with than for you to talk ignorant crap about others not having a clue when it is you who knows zilch? If this firm turns out to be Osun's own [b]efficient
Julius Berger , then so be it !!!

Look around you in Africa today to see what the Chinese are doing !! Suwegbe jati-jati !!!! Go to Accra and you will find that almost all important link roads are being handled by Chinese contractors. These guys are so tanned , from working with Ghanaians hands on, you would think they are black !!! I remember asking a Ghanaian MP friend why these road contracts could not go to Ghanaian firms . He explained to me that this has been done in the past but local firms tend to cut corners leading to inferior roads that are pothole riddled in 3 months!!!! Furthermore , he said the Ghanaian Engineers will come to the site , fully suited , in their air-conditioned jeep, look around without even stepping out of their cars and disappear for 3 weeks delegating everything to others !!!

The Chinese , with their hands on approach, especially if supervised with key stage inspection as Aregbesola hints, tend to be good value. Those who know what really obtains on the ground will also know that Chinese firms , for many reasons, deserve the patronage they are enjoying in Africa currently.  As a mischief maker and shameless apologist of indolence (GEJ and PDP) I would not expect you to be up to speed with anything especially developmental trends that are now making some African Cities a pleasure to reside in. Everything about the ACN is innovative , and in line with what is seen elsewhere in Africa, but shameless folks like you will never admit it. You are only wasting your time . The PDP is only capable of gross misrule. You should focus on that.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=18932

The governor added: “What I made clear to your people during our trip to China was that, as far as engagement and relationship are concern, there is more than enough for us to do together particularly in the area of road development, urban renewal and landscape of our environment and I emphasized that if China could designed their environment the way we have seen it, if they are going to do any work for us, our quality and standard will not be less.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe2: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2011
M M M:

anoda china road in 9ja angry

This bias against China has no basis in merit . Who will go to China to bring back container load of inferior goods , for use in their own Nation, if not Africans themselves? Who colludes with unscrupulous Chinese individuals to provide sub-standard construction work in Africa if not Africans themselves? It is the heights of ignorance for anyone to think the Chinese can routinely provide poor standards of construction in Africa if we do not let them .
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2011
From Aregbesolas stellar performance on Lagos Roads a Commisioner for works I have no doubts.

Beaf:

LOLZZZ!!!!!!!!

After 9 months of lazing about? Damn!

Are you talking about GEJ cos he has spent more than 9 months iirc more like 15months
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe2: 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2011
dayokanu:

From Aregbesolas stellar performance on Lagos Roads a Commisioner for works I have no doubts.

My brother don't mind these morons . They  think pre-election "spin and spell" will continue to work. Aregbesola is the one with the history of meritorious service delivery while GEJ is the mediocrity described by the Americans as "underwhelming" . It is not the other way round and will never be so regardless of silly "spin and spell". I can only conclude that some folks are getting carried away with how they got away with cheap "spin and spell" to convince gullible and politically gauche Nigerians that mediocre and "underwhelming" GEJ is better than others who were in the race.

The olodos , without a mind of their own, can continue to swallow the silly spin that defies logic and ignores the facts we have to hand which should ordinarily enables us all to make informed decisions.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by martinosi: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
ROFLAMO!!! China man is now building roads in Nigeria, what haapened
to the 10 mega highway they were building in Lagos lol!
I keep on coming back to nigeria every year and they never seem to complete it,
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by demoheart: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2011
ROFLAMO!!! China man is now building roads in Nigeria, what haapened
to the 10 mega highway they were building in Lagos lol!
I keep on coming back to nigeria every year and they never seem to complete it,

^^^^^Then you most be sleeping whenever you enter LAGOS!!!
Please!! think b4 you hard comment, angry
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by emiye(m): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2011
I am aware it was a chinese firm that constructed the itire-okota bridge in lagos, and it was constructed and commisioned at a record time of 18 months
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
Aregbesola only chose his commissioners like a week ago after spending almost a year living in Lagos and junketting to China. cry
Now he wants to build Chinese roads almost year after taking office. Its like comedy.

The latest from the man is that he claims he wasn't elected to pay workers. I really really pity Osun state; they deserve much better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAGOS STATE Needs Liberation / Corruption Is The Biggest Crime In Nigeria / Diezani £13 Billion Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - Part II (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.