Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle (21398 Views)

Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Profession,what Do You Do For A Living Someone Might Ne / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? / Legitimate Online Jobs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Alexiiydon: 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kingozymandias:
grin
Tell Tinubu supporters crying all around the forum like shortIGBOman and Omenka. They are crying everywhere about Peter Obi. They cry evey day because of how you Nigerians have rejected their Tinubu and it pains them to the bone grin

They try to spin stories of tribalism to make you guys reject Peter Obi yet still you guys refused. They are crying bitterly every day that you people have rejected their fake lies and propaganda. cheesy

My message to all Tinubu supporters is this Be proud of your hustle as a wailer . Let those sweet salty tears keep flowing don't be ashamed .. cry with pride...
grin

from the comments obituary pikins start the wailing first

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by NathanxxL(m): 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
lavylilly:
"I started selling cooked Ofada rice four years ago. I sell majorly by hawking the rice round Yaba axis.
When there was no means to further my education after graduating from Dolphin High School in 2007, I started learning from my mother who used to sell Ofada rice.

I am married with a kid and I feed myself and my family with the money I make from this business. I make about N25,000 daily from the sales of the Ofada rice and my profit from this amount is about N6000 to N8000.

My wife has joined me in this business; she sells Ofada in Alaba market. Interestingly, my brother also sells rice. I cook the Ofada rice I sell myself.
We also cook at parties for people who are interested in having the Ofada rice at their events.

People laugh at me when they see me hawking the food. But then, I am 29 years old and I need to survive against all odds.
I learnt the art of sculpting and molding objects by the side too. I am Adeniyi Hammed, I come from Lagos Island.
This is my story!"

You are an unsung hero Hammed! Your small business which makes you 6 to 8k daily (120k monthly based on a 20 day month) is much more than the salaries many of those laughing at you make.

Soon it'll grow into a restaurant and you'll have a story of humble beginnings to tell. You're the type of person that deserves to be celebrated. Keep it up, bigger door will open sooner than you expect.

This is the sort of story I love to see... relentlessness against all odds. You will succeed!

Sum it up with.. Thinking outside your areas and opening outreaches around Nigeria. Introduce people who haven't tasted your special recipes... ❤️ Mad businessman.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Originalsly: 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hmmm...... N120K minimum salary.... 5 days a week work. How many graduates ....in White collar jobs earn this? Pride is the biggest setback for most youths.

I ... a graduate ... cannot be seen in selling on the streets .... I rather be home and let my parents continue to suffer to feed me and clothe and house me. We are really suffering because of this government. They should do someting for us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by ruggedtimi(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Omo 8k daily not bad here in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Fedrick100: 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2022
xamster:

*Copywriting
*Web designing
*Email Marketing
*How to run ads on Facebook and Instagram and or google ads
*Perhaps graphics design and more

-Then you can use those skills to freelance
-Apply for a job
-Start an agency
-Be an affiliate an earn 100s of thousands weekly (this is the one I do)
And more

How does email marketing works,I’m planning to acquire IT skills since am not working now
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by lorhema(f): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2022
reeleriksen:
I regret not learning a skill or handwork
I'm an undergraduate
21years old
Someone should suggest a skill i could learn even if school resumes

Plumbing.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by riverbird: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Am a stevedore, I pray baba God take me places.
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by xynerise: 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2022
In this life, hungry no fit catch me. I learnt about 5skills. E remain make I learn hairdressing grin

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Glocee(f): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2022
Shame no fit catch me for my legit business.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by sircatherine45(m): 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2022
I trade stocks with N5000 per company. I get my profits, save and repeat process. Copywriting is another niche too. There are thousands of things to do, just spend quality time learning the right skills.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by ASAPFERG1: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
Nothing beat yahoo cool
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by KIDfurniture(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
How can I get ofada and plz share ur sauce recipe with us

lavylilly:
"I started selling cooked Ofada rice four years ago. I sell majorly by hawking the rice round Yaba axis.
When there was no means to further my education after graduating from Dolphin High School in 2007, I started learning from my mother who used to sell Ofada rice.

I am married with a kid and I feed myself and my family with the money I make from this business. I make about N25,000 daily from the sales of the Ofada rice and my profit from this amount is about N6000 to N8000.

My wife has joined me in this business; she sells Ofada in Alaba market. Interestingly, my brother also sells rice. I cook the Ofada rice I sell myself.
We also cook at parties for people who are interested in having the Ofada rice at their events.

People laugh at me when they see me hawking the food. But then, I am 29 years old and I need to survive against all odds.
I learnt the art of sculpting and molding objects by the side too. I am Adeniyi Hammed, I come from Lagos Island.
This is my story!"

You are an unsung hero Hammed! Your small business which makes you 6 to 8k daily (120k monthly based on a 20 day month) is much more than the salaries many of those laughing at you make.

Soon it'll grow into a restaurant and you'll have a story of humble beginnings to tell. You're the type of person that deserves to be celebrated. Keep it up, bigger door will open sooner than you expect.

This is the sort of story I love to see... relentlessness against all odds. You will succeed!
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by iHateFraudsters: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
reeleriksen:
I'm an undergraduate
21years old

Someone cannot suggest what you should do in your life.

You know yourself better than anyone, you know your capabilities.

Work towards what you know how to do best, even in your sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by xamster(m): 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Fedrick100:

How does email marketing works,I’m planning to acquire IT skills since am not working now

Writing email contents to communicate, nurture and more importantly to sell to prospect you have in your email Marketing system.
You can do this job and get paid monthly by 1 or more clients
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by kelvyn7: 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
lavylilly:

Have a budget e.g
Food
Transportation
Data
Savings
Contingencies
Allocate a % to each of these and don't go outside your budget. Also, have a side hustle.

Here is my advice to you.
Make sure you save at least 20% of your salary every month. Nothing must make you touch it, except you want to invest it to make more money.
You will be surprised how much you will save in just 6months.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by pweetyborlah95(f): 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
If you are seeing this, please patronize us

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Debangis20(m): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2022
True!
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by craves(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
lavylilly:

This is my story!"

Nice one ... I was thinking you are my brother from the east until I saw the name. Kudos ; wink

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Basiljoe: 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
Whatever you do, just grow that economy at all cost. Don't let our children be poor like us.

Na poverty dey cause insult.

– David Hundeyin.
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by lavylilly: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Idaytesj29:

All these are difficult if you are married with kids. It's nearly impossible to be a strict budget only person. All we need is the focus to achieve our goals by trying it first.

A married man or woman's budget is not strict or rigid.
Stop making excuses, there is contingencies for health, fun, school fees, rent etc you and only you can do it. I have seena gate man building a house. The choice is yours
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Truvelisback(m): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2022
Present sir!
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Jmarjr(m): 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2022
sircatherine45:
I trade stocks with N5000 per company. I get my profits, save and repeat process. Copywriting is another niche too. There are thousands of things to do, just spend quality time learning the right skills.
can we talk base on stock trading?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by reeleriksen(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2022
Munzy14:

At 21..??
What are you regretting? lipsrsealed

You have years to become somebody sought after.

At your age, ones my last paper for the semester is tomorrow, I have already packed my bags since day before yesterday.

Even my Dad will start calling me to return home from immediately after the exam.

I lived alone offcampus..so there was comfort, but when I see exam ending, their is a passion to return home and see what menial jobs I can do to make money.

From their discovered what gives me money..And started reading articles on it..YouTube is a University if you reason am.

Came here met friends, we connected and set up groups..Practice and started teaching people..While charging them.

So more money for me while having fun with my passion.

After graduating, went for service immediately, came back, sourced for funds and build up my passion hobby into a full time business..

Now, Even while sleeping my phone dey ring..Na customers calling for supply..I don't even meet up..As shakara is now mine. cheesy

I still have friends I graduated with, that are still roaming about after several years. lipsrsealed

Most of classmates, aren't in the line of what we studied now.

Even, the highest earners amongst us, are into a totally different field.

Some own thier businesses like me...We are still growing so long as we aim for the top.

As a man, if you finish your project defence, do NYSC and POP, you will understand the meaning of life no balance.

Ladies escape partially with marriage, but for you as man, Somebody's daughter is waiting for you to take her when you find your footings.

The hustle never stops.

I told you a life stories and lessons to give you heads up! Buckle up!

The journey is far and deeper. undecided

Most of people you see inside AC cars..rushing to work, are modern day slaves.

Start learning something..even a trade or service providing..They will come to you at the end of the month.. cheesy

Thanks soo much sir

Please what aspect of service providing are you talking about sir
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Sheriman(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2022
Shikena:
This period is a much needed transformational phase for Nigerians.

Meanwhile;

WHO IS OUR PROBLEM?

1.The trader who removes 2 bowls of rice from the bag, repackages, and sells as a 'full' bag is complaining about the wickedness in Nigeria.

2.The lecturer who insists on sex for a young girl to pass is complaining about the rot in Nigeria.

3.The Pastor who pays his driver 15K in Lagos or Abuja while his son schools in the USA is complaining about the hopelessness in Nigeria.

4. The Mallam (Local Islamic school teachers) who send other people's children to go and beg in the name of Almajiri and bring the money
to him on oath so that he will take care of his family while the Almajiri's are looking like slaves is complaining that Nigerian leaders don't know God.

5.The civil servant who comes to work once a week and shows up at the end of the month to receive full salary and kickbacks is complaining about politicians who do nothing.

6.The student who spends the whole weekend at the party after party only to start posting Instagram pictures on Monday is complaining that Nigeria is stealing his/her dreams.

7.The "VIP driver" who can't join a simple queue but keeps overlapping in and out of traffic to shunt is complaining about disorderliness in Nigeria.

8.Doctors in public and teaching hospitals on the government payroll who abandon patients on the floor but are thriving in their private hospitals are complaining that Nigeria is hopeless.

9. The officer who sees 'roger' as his/her birthright and keeps on complaining that our leaders are evil and therefore Nigeria is doomed.

10. The members who diverts the money and property of his/her organisation for personal use is complaining about bad leadership in Nigeria.

1. Until we realize that the value of Nigeria today is the average of our values, we will keep fooling ourselves.

We are all architects of our social and economic development woes.

Stop the blame game. CHANGE begins with YOU.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT �
Our attitudes and unpatriotic behaviors should stop.
BE the CHANGE you want to SEE!
This is golden message!! NIGERIA don spoil patatapa!! Everyone do all these things you mentioned

4 Likes

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Emeraldfynest(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2022
If you have a laptop or you have the money to get one, you can learn an IT skill like UI/UX Design. That's what I've been learning even before the strike started, and I'm glad I made the decision.
reeleriksen:
I'm an undergraduate
21years old

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Emeraldfynest(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
In case you have something for a UI/UX Designer too please, I'm a very good one.
freaklyme:
Keep learning the JS ,in the nearest future you'll know ur knowledge is not a waste,kindly let me see your previous work .I can offer you something as side hustle
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by SoftBread01: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
Truly, no knowledge is a waste.

The plumbing skill I acquired before going for NYSC has really helped me.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Fedrick100: 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2022
xamster:

Writing email contents to communicate, nurture and more importantly to sell to prospect you have in your email Marketing system.
You can do this job and get paid monthly by 1 or more clients

How can i acquire it
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Greenback: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2022
lhordspy for Peter Obi '23:
It is all about these quotes below.

“The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”
-st. Confucius

"To you young people,take back your country,it is your future they are toying with"
- Peter Obi

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t...you’re right.”
- Henry Ford
"2023 is not the turn of anybody,it is the turn of Nigerians"
- Peter Obi
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Phemzeal(f): 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2022
Yes ooo.

I design logos for businesses,
Websites, inventory management systems, digital marketing, and printing.

Pls Dm if you need any of these services.
Re: Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Legitimate Hustle by Obnoxious2001(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2022
Bassmetrics:
I can relate Op. My little niece living with me makes 5k daily minimum, 20k weekly (sells in any 4days of her choice), and 80k monthly by just supplying crayfish. 80k is some graduates salary with stress attached.
In less than half a yr she co-joined me to buy a land in our state; and currently working on how to complete her father's bungalow. This is just a girl of abt 21. It was easy for her cos i pay all d bills, so all her earning goes to savings n investment. Some local stuffs people look down on really pays only if one can take away shame n pride; more especially apply patience.

Your sister dey find husband grin grin?

Na her type be my spec smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 / Guinness Nigeria Plc Graduate Sales Trainee Recruitment / N-power: You Scored 50% But Not Shortlisted? Please Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.