Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures (33463 Views)

Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by slimzybeauty(f): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2022
You don't use for to resolve issues. The moment FG went to court, the beginning of another problem. It will take ages before the issue will be resolved because it ail get to Supreme Court. By then, Buhari would have left government likewise his cohorts.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Cmanforall: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2022
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Evilblackman(m): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2022
Some students are ready to go back , while some are encouraging the strike to continue
Hmm nigeria is doomed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Elidrisy20: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2022
Let us hear from ASUU first
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by shortIGBOman: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2022
Good.
God punish ASUU. Nigerians are solidly behind FG.

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by justmondris: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2022
Stupid government. Na One VC one
Lecture for all the departments?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2022
Has Buhari paid them?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Conner44: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Werll, at the end, the Industrial court has spoken.

If you want a full end to ASUU strikes...either let universities raise fees to fund themselves adequately, or government raises taxes from everyone in this country, poor people included. That's how 'sane' countries do it. Oil money cannot raise enough cash for universites.

But the oil money can pay for useless subsidies to the detriment of the economy abi?

Nothing nothing for education?

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by GreyLaw(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Werll, at the end, the Industrial court has spoken.

If you want a full end to ASUU strikes...either let universities raise fees to fund themselves adequately, or government raises taxes from everyone in this country, poor people included. That's how 'sane' countries do it. Oil money cannot raise enough cash for universites.

The same money they are asking for less than 10 people have been looted more than that ain't since Buhari came to power.

People are not stupid. With Nigeria's current structure, any additional income via taxes would still be embezzled through thr civil service commission and politicians.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by chiefolododo(m): 11:19am On Sep 26, 2022
Ok...FG should be ready to teach...

Buhari( lecturer 2, soil science)

Osinbajo ( lecturer 1, law)

Lawan ( Lecturer 3, animal production

Gbajabiamila( lecturer 1, public administration)

etc ...

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by FireUpNow(m): 11:19am On Sep 26, 2022
FG should know that in conflict resolution, consultation and dialogue are very imperative, the use of brute force will only lead to choas and infuriates the agrieved party.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by BJanta: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2022
Thisis2raw:
Tho it's quite unfortunate am a partake of this strike, am suppose to a graduate now, cuz this is my last semester.

Still I'm behind ASUU on this one.

Lazy lout like you with fear of bagging Ordinary Pass degree would naturally support ASUU.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Newness2019: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2022
THIS HAS TURNED TO MADNESS NOW !

ASUU JUST HAD A FRUITFUL MEETING WITH THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY WITH A PROMISE ..........................

WHAT KIND OF LECTURES WOULD THIS BE

I SENSE UNHEALTHY COMPETITION BETWEEN MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY.

SOMEBODY WHO COULD NOT SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IS ARAID OF SOMEBODY WHO IS ABOUT TO SOLVE IT.

THE GRASS IS SUFFERING

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Amayabor1: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2022
Spirit04:
Only Buhari has had the mind to deal with the terrorist group called ASUU. Una don dey strike since the time of Obasanjo. Una no get shame?

Na now ASUU be terrorist group. When them dey strike under GEJ, una dey insult the then PDP government and support ASUU.

Bunch of hypocrites!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2022
Conner44:

See this one oh undecided so you think the lecturers have been receiving salaries ever since this their strike started? Aren’t you hearing of lecturers driving taxis? Traveling out?

Are you following the current affairs of this country at all? How old are you?
STFU!! The lecturers embarking on the two months strike action as you suggested meant the FG will continue to hold their salaries so they are at loss nobody cares if they want to continue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by olisaEze(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2022
grin
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by TheAlchemist: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2022
Sadly there are no short term solutions to the rut in tertiary education system. The FG really do not have the financial resources to continue subsidizing education at the tertiary level. This is the reality.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by BJanta: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2022
Dshocker:
Who killed Funsho Williams?

Unknown Gunmen
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by gracealonev: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2022
Commence lectures with MC Oluomo and Tony Kabaka.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by 1gbdata: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2022
Ok
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Dshocker(m): 11:22am On Sep 26, 2022
BJanta:

Unknown Gunmen

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by hush15: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2022
nony43:
This thing is Govt is not sincere in their negotiations. ASUU should consider, the negotiations can go on while lectures continues the students have really suffered.

But if lecture continues, then what's there to negotiate with! The receiving end is still students, don't you guys get it

When an unhappy is force to teach you, how do you think the class will go? Even if you manage to read up, What do you think will happen? Who is going to set questions? Who is going to organize test? Who is going to mark test and exams? Who is going to collate results?

Look as rough and annoying as it is, the student’s best option is to align with their lecturers cos happy them is happy students.

I believe students should endure the wait, they will be better off. If you end up been a riffraff because schools were on strike, it's not the school's fault, it's your upbringing that's faulty. Uni is not an escape for your misdemeanor and vices and hope the students understand that.

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by PeterObi4LP: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Okay, how would Peter Obi handle the ASUU issues/strike issues?

How would Peter Obi handle university funding?

Let's hear...not this movement story. That's how they said many times in the past...

Are you in this country at all or you just came back? Anyways, go to YouTube Obi have stated how he intend to move the education sector forward.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by anonymous1759(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2022
System202:
Nigerians are hundred percent behind ASUU. Buhari Do your worst, you are useless , come 29may u and your cohorts especially this ngige will b history

Not all Nigerians are behind them ? ASUU is a greedy association after the Government. Let all sector demand for 1 Trillion naira let the country collapse. Same Corrupt lecturer that are not different from the politicians. Let them strike till forever people who wants to vote APC will soon vote them . Doctors that are supposed to the agitating like this are still considerate.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sweetkev(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2022
Dshocker:
Who killed Funsho Williams?
Who ordered soldiers to kill the youths at Lekki toll gate ?

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Sheriman(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2022
Return to school when All students don turn Yahoo boys and girls don turn olosho finish

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by gassbee: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2022
OKEY30:
Waste of time. FG has no power to force them to resume

Clueless government mtcheew
dem no born ASUU wel make dem no resume lecture.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by shortIGBOman: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Na people wey dem owe won lecture there ??

When ASUU work, they will get paid.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by hardbody: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2022
Thisis2raw:
Tho it's quite unfortunate am a partake of this strike, am suppose to a graduate now, cuz this is my last semester.

Still I'm behind ASUU on this one.

Next time review your write-up before you post. It says a lot about your person.

On topic, I empathize with you as I do with your colleagues, I hope this will open a new vista in the academic foray of Nigerian students.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Pierce008: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2022
ppogba:
The government is Soo daft that they do not know how the university system works.

Buhari should also order the VC and the DVCs to pick up the chalk and enter the lecture rooms.

Indeed, the people suffer when fools are ruling.
Do you think, it's all lecturers that are in support of the strike? Spoke with one of my prof. one time, and he actually told me that there are some lecturers that are bitterly against the strike.

One thing I learnt from this strike is, if ever ASUU survive this battle against the FG, they will never easily want to use strike as a medium to table their aggrievances again

Both ASUU and FG have shown they are insensitive against the students with their unending disagreements.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Kingozymandias(m): 11:30am On Sep 26, 2022
shortIGBOman:

When ASUU work, they will get paid.

Are you now also crying about Assu again? Must you cry about everything?

Anyways don't worry when Obi takes over to rule for the next 8 years your tears will flow more in painment

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2022
PeterObi4LP:

Are you in this country at all or you just came back? Anyways, go to YouTube Obi have stated how he intend to move the education sector forward.

I would like to hear it from you...since you are his representative here....and yes, I am genuinely curious, and yes, I don't want APC or PDP back in power again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why School Is A Waste Of Time / What Is The Name Of This Creature? / Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.