Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Simple Ways One Can Invest On The US Stock Exchanges From Africa - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Simple Ways One Can Invest On The US Stock Exchanges From Africa (152 Views)

Which website is genuine to invest on bitcoin / Best Project To Invest On In 2020 / What Can I Invest On With My #200,000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Simple Ways One Can Invest On The US Stock Exchanges From Africa by kellyjoesteve: 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2022
So today I'm going to list just two ways any one from Africa can invest in the US Stock Market. First if have small knowledge

about stock then I believe You can do it yourself in Whittier form I call it (DIY) invest.
And all you need is just to find an online brokerage firm that will accept you based on your country of residence in Africa. Of course there are many brokerage firm's online but you have to be very careful before chooseing.

I would have recommended one or two but I think is best you sort the one the is okay by you.

If you live in country like Nigeria, South Africa or Ghana is for more easy than the likes of other poorer ones.

Let me also point it out that if you're the type that more often from country to country, the chances of a brokerage accepting, and keeping your account open, is smaller.

I once had an associates who opened up a DIY account when he lived in Ghana.

He works for an NGO. When he moved to the Ivory Coast and then onto Ethiopia, he was told that his account would be closed by his brokerage, as they didn’t support the countries in question. Now you get the clear picture right?

Nevertheless, if you do find a DIY brokerage that can accept you, all you need to do is to fill out an online application form and give anti-money laundering documents like proof of address and ID.

Here is the hardest part (you need to trade the instruments you want).

Believe you me This is where most people struggle long-term. The Vanguard group have done numerous studies where they compare how DIY investors do when investing in Vanguard ETFs and funds vs those that go into the funds via an advisor.

They have discovered that even where the same funds are used, advisors can add significantly to the client’s net returns:

One big reason they discovered is emotions. Let's say the average investor trails the market by a considerable amount: continue from here http://www.patriciatrading.com/2022/09/simple-ways-one-can-invest-on-us-stock.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Save In Nigeria And Earn 10% Interest While Saving / The Easiest Way To Make Money Online Using Your Smartphone / Show Glass For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.