Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,549 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man (3742 Views)

Trailer Kills 2 FUOYE Students Who Are Siblings & A Bike Man / Two Students Found Dead In Their Room After Eating The Food They Sent A Bike Man / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Patrick1095: 4:33am On Sep 27, 2022
So it happened on this day that after school, I headed home, I was just a few steps away from my house gate when I saw Goddy, my neighbor's son alight from a bike. Goddy had handed the okada boy N50, but the bike man had refused to accept the amount for his service and demanded for N100 instead. Mr. Smart, Goddy's father who was infront of his house had chipped in to beg the okada boy accept the N50 hence Goddy claimed it was a short distance. Goddy who was at this point angry about the whole scenerio insulted the okada boy in Hausa language and a fight of words ensued between the duo. A passer-by who saw Goddy trading words with the bike man, slapped the okada boy without asking questions as to what happened hence he knew Goddy. The bike man after receiving a hot slap moved a few yards away from the scene and placed some calls. Mr. Smart was all along begging for peace but his wife of course supported the son.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Patrick1095: 4:55am On Sep 27, 2022
When the bike man had returned from making his calls, I heard Goddy shouting at the top of his voice with the passer-by that the okada boy should call whoever he wanted to call. Few other boys joined Goddy and they were ready to devour the okada man at this point so he took to his heels leaving his bike. Another neighbor of our's who was watching the incident quickly took the bike, met him half and gave him back his bike. Peace was about returning within a period of 15minutes when we all heard the sound of about 50 bikes gathering infront of Mr. Smart's house and demanding that Goddy be brought out. Other neighbors had at this time gone to the scene to pacify the situation but the angry mob kept demanding that Goddy be brought out or they burn down the house. My mum whom had previously asked I and my siblings not to interfare quickly ran to the local chief's palace to act fast hence none of us had the police's number...(continue reading the story from the comment)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by sharpwriter(m): 5:04am On Sep 27, 2022
Patrick1095:
When the bike man had returned from making his calls, I heard Goddy shouting at the top of his voice with passer-by that the okada boy should whoever he wanted to call. Few other boys joined Goddy and they were ready to devour the okada man at this point so he took to his heels leaving his bike. Another neighbor of our's who was watching the incident quickly took the bike, met him half and gave him back his bike. Peace was about returning within a period of 15minutes when we all heard the sound of about 50 bikes gathering infront of Mr. Smart's house and demanding that Goddy be brought out. Other neighbors had at this time gone to the scene to pacify the situation but the angry mob kept demanding that Goddy be brought out or they burn down the house. My mum whom had previously I and my siblings not to interfare quickly ran to the local chief's palace to act fast hence none of us had the police's number...(continue reading the story from the comment)

Continue, wetin come happen?

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Patrick1095: 5:18am On Sep 27, 2022
The local chief quickly sent some men to scene and called the police to intervene when it was reported to him that all efforts proved abortive. Meanwhile Goddy was hiding in the house while Mr. Smart and his wife were outside pleading for mercy from the angry mod that had taken up sticks and were ready to burn down the house. Two policemen finally arrived and after listening to the whole story demanded that Goddy be brought out and taken to the station. My mum who was now at the door steps of Mr. Smart told the police that Goddy was been lead out through the back door. The policemen insisted that it was either Goddy was brought out or paid N10,000(10K) to pacify the situation or allow the mod do whatever they wanted. Mr. Smart had to plead and pay the sum of N7000(7k) to the police to do their job before peace and calmness returned to the area.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Patrick1095: 5:19am On Sep 27, 2022
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by fman(m): 5:22am On Sep 27, 2022
Patrick1095:
The local chief quickly sent some men to scene and called the police to intervene when it was reported to him that all efforts proved abortive. Meanwhile Goddy was hiding in the house while Mr. Smart and his wife were outside pleading for mercy from the angry mod that had taken up sticks and were ready to burn down the house. Two policemen finally arrived and after listening to the whole story demanded that Goddy be brought out and taken to the station. My mum who was now at the door steps of Mr. Smart told the police that Goddy was been lead out through the back door. The policemen insisted that it was either Goddy was brought out or paid N10,000(10K) to pacify the situation or allow the mod do whatever they wanted. Mr. Smart had to plead and pay the sum of N7000(7k) to the police to do their job before peace and calmness returned to the area.
Make them ban okada!!
These guys are something else..

8 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Patrick1095: 5:44am On Sep 27, 2022
fman:

Make them ban okada!!
These guys are something else..
Well, i think we still need them because the nature of our roads. They just need to be oriented and monitored. People need to be wise dealing with them. Always bargain and never allow them know your place of residence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Sucre6: 5:57am On Sep 27, 2022
I have been in godddys situation before, believe me, those okada people are terrible, they know how to ferment troubles, u guys will agree on a price, only for them to change mouth and demand a higher pay as soon as you arrive your destination, they will insult you without provocation.

If you don't know how to control your anger, u may be forced to behave like Goddy.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 27, 2022
Sucre6:
I have been in godddys situation before, believe me, those okada people are terrible, they know how to ferment troubles, u guys will agree on a price, only for them to change mouth and demand a higher pay as soon as you arrive your destination, they will insult you without provocation.

If you don't know how to control your anger, u may be forced to behave like Goddy.

Shut up your mouth! There’s no way you will agree on price with any Hausa/Fulani man and he’d later turn around to reneged on the agreement. We all know the only stupid ethnicity that is fond of doing such.

I have never seen any of your stupid people correcting themselves in any wrongdoing. You will always team up to cover your crimes & wrongdoings.

Stupid people with entitlement mentality. They will go and start trouble and when the consequences of their ill-thought actions boomerang, they’ll start running helter-skelter trying to play the victim.

Their vacuous ancestors did the same thing and 3Million souls were slaughtered at the abattoir.

I wish this incident had occurred in the core North so that the Hausa/Fulanis could impart into your empty skulls - the bitter lessons that would have rebooted & corrected the evil ideological indiscipline & decadence that you inherited from your hairy-gorilla-chestbeating & yam-legged parents.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by fupohed(m): 6:15am On Sep 27, 2022
Patrick1095:
Well, i think we still need them because the nature of our roads. They just need to be oriented and monitored. People need to be wise dealing with them. Always bargain and never allow them know your place of residence.
I think a proper registration and documentation should be done for easy identification of them....incase there's a situation like this........can you imagine, even the nigeria police had to collect bribe to pacify those idiots.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by phorget(m): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

Shut up your mouth! There’s no way you will agree on price with any Hausa/Fulani man and he’d later turn around to reneged on the agreement. We all know the only stupid ethnicity that is fond of doing such.

I have never seen any of your stupid people correcting themselves in any wrongdoing. You will always team up to cover your crimes & wrongdoings.

Stupid people with entitlement mentality. They will go and start trouble and when the consequences of their ill-thought actions boomerang, they’ll start running helter-skelter trying to play the victim.

Their vacuous ancestors did the same thing and 3Million souls were slaughtered at the abattoir.

I wish this incident had occurred in the core North so that the Hausa/Fulanis could impart into your empty skulls - the bitter lessons that would have rebooted & corrected the evil ideological indiscipline & decadence that you inherited from your parents.

Just imagine the bitterness your parents passed on to you, I'm sure Deborah that was killed in Sokoto is also from the tribe you hate with passion.
You better purge yourself from the bitterness your parents trained you with before it consumes you.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Patrick1095: 6:23am On Sep 27, 2022
fupohed:

I think a proper registration and documentation should be done for easy identification of them....incase there's a situation like this........can you imagine, even the nigeria police had to collect bribe to pacify those idiots.
They keep lying to us that "the police is our friend". 7k with "i beg" was what the poor man had to pay before the police do their job
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by ItsGoodToBeGood: 6:35am On Sep 27, 2022
..........from adding #50 to paying 7k with abeg.

Gra gra no dey always pay

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Deasegun19(m): 6:37am On Sep 27, 2022
people are stupid and like unnecessary wahala, the initial 50 naira increase turn 7000.

rubbish, them don chop belleful dey look for trouble.
nonsense

11 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Deasegun19(m): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
..........from adding #50 to paying 7k with abeg.

Gra gra no dey always pay

u too see am.

Dem dey jobless ni,
time wasted, money wasted, unnecessary work up that shoot up bp

rubbish

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by HarlequinLekex: 6:50am On Sep 27, 2022
Op neva complete the story some don dey fight.

Na wa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by zeuss: 6:54am On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

I wish this incident had occurred in the core North so that the Hausa/Fulanis could impart into your empty skulls - the bitter lessons that would have rebooted & corrected the evil ideological indiscipline & decadence that you inherited from your hairy-gorilla-chestbeating & yam-legged parents.

Boko Haram man. Animals

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2022
Where were all those third parties who were slapping the Okada rider for insulting your neighbour?They all flee.Dont even involve anyone in your matter because they will only complicate the situation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by falcon01: 7:09am On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

Shut up your mouth! There’s no way you will agree on price with any Okada man and he’d later turn around to reneged on the agreement. We all know the only stupid ethnicity that is fond of doing such.

exactly there's no way you make an agreement with an okada man and he'll hike the price, the only instance is when you ask him to branch somewhere, stay here, stay there, collect this and in his mind he'll be making new calculations and adding prices, infact common sense should tell you to compensate him for changing the course of the ride.

7 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Axis313(m): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2022
A child you refuse to train will one day sell the house you labour to build for peanut,that's my take here.
An elder that refuse to speak to his child in a stern voice,when wahala come,he go run with bow leg.
Mr Smart paid 7000 naira for what his son should have paid 100 naira to let the matter rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by verifiablefacts: 7:35am On Sep 27, 2022
A passer- by slapped the okada man,no offence,the son insulted the okada man, still no offense,why because the okada man na hausa man that's all.

The we reason with sentiment,we lost all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2022
falcon01:
exactly there's no way you make an agreement with an okada man and he'll hike the price, the only instance is when you ask him to branch somewhere, stay here, stay there, collect this and in his mind he'll be making new calculations and adding prices, infact common sense should tell you to compensate him for changing the course of the ride.
Actually, it happens. Has happened to me before. When they either don't know the way or encounter a certain level of traffic.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by tonymyke4life(m): 7:42am On Sep 27, 2022
We are our own problems. See how people are justifying The Young man's action just because he had it wit a Fulani man. We really av no morals just sentiments. U all Shud be ashamed of yourselves. We should not spread hare, it only brings destructions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by vastolord4(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2022
The only way your trip led you to this trouble could be

You changed your course

You stopped at intervals

You insisted on your price instead of begging

Finally, don't drag nothing with illiterates, they always see you as a threat in every situation both physically and mentally

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Sucre6: 7:52am On Sep 27, 2022
falcon01:
Pray not to jam dem especially when it rains, they will tell you that they didn't know the road was that bad, therefore u will have to pay more, happened to me more than once before

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Sucre6: 7:52am On Sep 27, 2022
vastolord4:
The only way your trip led you to this trouble could be

You changed your course

You stopped at intervals

You insisted on your price instead of begging

Finally, don't drag nothing with illiterates, they always see you as a threat in every situation both physically and mentally

Word
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by CanineOfJackal: 7:54am On Sep 27, 2022
I believe this incident happened in the North

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by vastolord4(m): 7:57am On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

And you're a Christian? Ethnicity has nothing to do with this..

A pavement was built for cars by me, (pops named the street as well) went to work on that day. Got a call saying I should rush to the hospital. My mom had 4 stitches on the ankle.. what happened?

Some omonile guys went to get high, saw the barricade on the newly made pavement and began to remove them in order for them to pass over a very wet pavement.. mom got out of the shop to stop them not knowing they were high.. before she could say j... They had injured a woman in her 50s.. street people came out and could you believe that the lagosians could say a word cos the assaulters were from their tribe.. na my street niggars track them and I was happy about the result .. this was in 2010.. please stop bigotry ok?

5 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 27, 2022
OBIdient is better than sacrifice.
By wisdom, paying Okada Man extra #50 is better than spending #7000

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by WhatCanIsay(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

Lol how much bile do you still have saved up?

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Kingozymandias(m): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique Mukina2 oam4j nlfpmoɗ rule 2

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by graceypetee: 8:16am On Sep 27, 2022
Hmmmm bike men

Abeg my signature

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Things You Need To Know Before You Enter University Of Nigeria, Nsukka / Public Administration Vs Mass Communication- Help me out!!! / Eastern Palm University Admitting For 2017/2018 Session, Fees N250,000 Per Semes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.