Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment (37147 Views)

How I Was Embarrassed By A Very Powerful And Rich Man because of a job Today / How I Lost A Job Today Because I Didn't Grow In Lagos / Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by BigYash: 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2022
Go find money open store.. Even if its barbing shop in a busy area,add pos join.
You can add bolt.. Avoid being sack next time.. Set up ur own business, so that you go fit dey sack people .. Don't tell me you don't have capital o.. Capital dey everywhere..

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Kobicove(m): 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:
I feel weak, terrible and hopeless. I lost my job today due to management change of system, I never saw it coming, in fact it came as a shock to me. Am just confused on what to do next, I have huge responsibility ahead of me, even now, I have to find something doing or else negative thought and depression will kill me faster than gunshots. I can't cry out physically but inside I feel pain as if a knife as pierce my heart, my self esteem is weak, my life is heading on a rock, I don't bet, never drink nor womanize, I just want a better life for myself, but it seems better life might never be achieved while still leaving with joblessness and failure status.
Help me nairalander, I don't know what might become of me in the next few days or weeks.

I hope you have some savings.

This is the time to fall back on it but you should scale down your expenses in the meantime until you secure another job or start a viable business
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by GRACEGLORY: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:
I feel weak, terrible and hopeless. I lost my job today due to management change of system, I never saw it coming, in fact it came as a shock to me. Am just confused on what to do next, I have huge responsibility ahead of me, even now, I have to find something doing or else negative thought and depression will kill me faster than gunshots. I can't cry out physically but inside I feel pain as if a knife as pierce my heart, my self esteem is weak, my life is heading on a rock, I don't bet, never drink nor womanize, I just want a better life for myself, but it seems better life might never be achieved while still leaving with joblessness and failure status.
Help me nairalander, I don't know what might become of me in the next few days or weeks.

You’ve just been given an opportunity to write the biggest Cheque for yourself, and you’re just going to throw it away big time❓

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by cayorday89(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2022
Mbenny:
GROWING UP TO BE AN ADULT IS A BIG TRAP.
A very big trap and some people even as a child were adults and still struggling as adults that they are now.

2 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Drbillionz: 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2022
All these and more are bound to happen. But why are u A man? RISE WHENEVER U FALL.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Asour: 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2022
lereinter:

Maybe it's high time you started your own job

Even if you have another job, you go still lose it one day

Maybe but
Not everyone 'lose' their jobs. Some work until retirement. Which isn't a job loss.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by dododawa1: 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2022
It is well,blacks are terrible.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by geotosin: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
I am so sorry about what just happened to you.

As I empathize with you, please do know for real that, the greatest transformation comes from our darkest moments. One of your greatest coping mechanism now should be seeing the opportunities in this crisis.

Know that what just happened is not your fault neither do you possess the power to stop the crisis. However, you have absolutely the power to decide how you'd respond to the whole situation around you right now.

Let's start this way:

1. Time heals every wounds, including your current predicament.

2. Can you start meditating by looking inward to discover inner, but hidden voices and coping choices.

3. Consider your location, can you start a laundry business as it requires little or no capital to start.

4. Should you need support to discover your hidden potentials and transform your ideas into reality, do not hesitate to reach out to me.

I am holding you up in prayers, and sending well wishes your way to receive enough strengths and encouragements to make it victoriously through this storm. I see you coming out even stronger than you could have ever imagined!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Awise09(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
You lost only job, but every part of you are still intact, but what about someone rushing to work that had an accident that lost his both legs due to spanner cord injury? Better start thanking God for what he has done for you does far, and thank him to another higher place his taken you. Peace. Sometimes our promotion to higher level come in disguised.

6 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Raalsalghul: 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
cayorday89:

A very tricky situation, hang on Bro and keep searching, was in same situation just few months ago, left a job for another only to lose it after two months, my own saving grace was that I always saved about 60% of my salary and like you I don't drink, bet, womanise or spend recklessly and while searching for another job I was thinking of what to do with my savings and when job was not forthcoming I proceed with my plans of starting a business, mistakes will be made but I am learning, infact since morning wey I sit down here only two people don patronize me. Your time will come soonest...

What business are you into if I may ask?
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sorry about that bro
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by abobote: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
You are rumbling without giving details on how it happened.
Are you sure, you didn't cook this up
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by CALEB1590(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
When I was swindled back in 2017, it was a horrible experience. I thought everything was over but my gf at that time encouraged me, persuaded me to go look for something else. I started with a security work that pays me 13k every month. 5 years on, things are moving slowly and smoothly and I believe I will be back on my feet and higher than I was 5 years ago.please my bro, pick up your pieces and get busy immediately no matter how small it is... Don't stay at home, I repeat don't stay at home..... it is better to be shamed for the little you have at hand than to be shamed for stealing or kidnapping ..

7 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by cayorday89(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
djseanjohn77:

When one door closes, another opens, but unfortunately, we are too busy ranting and depressed over the lost one that we don't see or miss out completely on the open doors. leverage on the little experience, pray, and fast, better things around the corner. Face your fear, and be courageous, only a thin line separates failure and success. Something permanent will come. I am talking from experience..... believe. Mine happened as a family man, even now, as blessed and comfortable as i am, any month where i go broke, the fear still hunts me, cos nothing is guaranteed. That's why you have to plan a life outside your 8-5pm job....that is your only guarantee, and that too is not assured.
Truly, nothing is guaranteed... Even the life that we have is borrowed cos we are not promised tomorrow but we still have to strive for that tomorrow that is not promised.

2 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by adeoba2008(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:

Don't loose hope bro. You can start with POS business. I was once in your shoes and I think God for who I am now. You should not give up. It's not over until it's over. It might be hard at the beginning, your victory is closer than you think.

If you are sacked by an employer, they are asking you to use your brain too.

3 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by cato3(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
Bro,I passed through similar situation for 2 years with family where my wife is unemployed.Imagine my life then.There is nothing prayer can't do.Pray and put your trust in God,He will remember you for good.

6 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Shadysen: 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
this one just dey cap anyhow, do you know what am passing through, at 30 still staying with my brother to mention but few, try calm down, we are more on this.

3 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by cayorday89(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
Raalsalghul:

What business are you into if I may ask?
Foodstuffs both raw and processed.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by NohurryInLife: 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2022
Viccur:
Be hopeful bro. Better days ahead. In your shoes at the moment. Really a terrible period.
Very very terrible situation to find oneself cry

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by stephenponti(m): 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:

Did you campaign vote for Buhari's Government in 2015 or 2019? Vote peter Obi for better future.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Raalsalghul: 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2022
cayorday89:

Foodstuffs both raw and processed.

Okay, I'll send you a P.M.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by rhymesnoni(m): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
BBetter Job awaits Insha Allah. Have faith!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Ventura1: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2022
Most job seekers only want to earn and erk out a living, very few are concerned about what the company is passing through.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Femabol01: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:
Getting another job is not difficult but you have to believe in yourself. Once you are unable to find your values, no one will see it. My advice to everyone out there is to build your value and character beyond 99%. I'm sure you can get another job in 2 weeks if you decide. Never let your interviewer know that you are so desperate to get a job even if you don't have anything left to survive. Always believe in hope, but you have to make the first move and believe in yourself. I wish you the best.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by lorenzobanks(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2022
See, I was once in your shoe. Got a job, still learning on the job in just few weeks. The boss wife had her own candidate and I was finger out to be replaced. It hurts, but I made promise to better myself and improve my wellbeing. God be the glory, things improved but slowly. I would advise you to let go and see the horizon of hope. You're better than that place of work. Engage yourself now to a skill that you can also be a consultant in less month.

2 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Roger3D(m): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:
Don't lose heart or focus right now. Everything will be okay
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by HolyPussy: 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2022
abuchilag:
Sir, do not wear this garment of defeat. Brace up and give it all it takes. The battle is in your mind....unfortunately the way you sounded simply buttresses the fact that you have already lost the battle.

Say NO to that voice of failure. You are much stronger than you think. Roll up your sleeves and get to work....winners don't quit.

Keep submitting applications, you never can tell where your next breakthrough will come from. You can also think of entrepreneurship. Once you meet a need in the market place, the cashflow will start rolling in. Think of a need to meet in your environment or space....and see people paying for such, massively.

Be strong.

Story for the gods.

After much is said, after all these unnecessary motivational ramblings, he is still where he is. sad

He doesn't need any more motivation.

He needs a JOB.

5 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Keno123: 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hi guy,

It not over yet until its finally over

I really feel your pains as a responsible and hard working person

Life is such an imaginary things that can never be understood! Please calm your self down and brace up again it is still possible

Don't just keep applying for jobs, keep reaching out to family and friends too for possible referrers

I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Maobichek: 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:
I want to have my own business, my own innovation but the capital is the issue, at least I need to earn before actualizing my goals in doing something for myself.
Am not planning on doing job for people forever but the capital to raise is not there, the is no more, no source of income. I don't really understand life, most we go through hell already in life.

Don't look at the capital, first step is to attach yourself with someone in that field, let the person not pay but always try and be there, by so doing, you have started already. Please don't stay ideal nor alone, take a step now, today, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Originalsly: 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:

I want to have my own business, my own innovation but the capital is the issue, at least I need to earn before actualizing my goals in doing something for myself.
Am not planning on doing job for people forever but the capital to raise is not there, the is no more, no source of income. I don't really understand life, most we go through hell already in life.

Bro... you need to be positive.... where there is a will there is a way. These are the people that succeed in life. When you trip and fall ... do you remain on the ground and blame the rock you tripped over? ... or do you get up.. dust yourself and resume moving forward? Same here... you fell ... unexpectedly... get up ... dust yourself off .... money must flow... the money trail you were on is shut off .. NO ENTRY.... wouldn't you try to find a way around it? Ask yourself... what is it you can do with the savings you have to maintain the cash flow? You wanted to open a high class restaurant but you don't have the capital .... put that on the back burner. Do you have a car?... sign up with Uber or whoever .... go buy things cheap from another area and bring them to market ... have motor cycle... okada..Okada... all the while applying for jobs. Stuff your pride in the closet and do something .... no hope no life.... be a man.... face life like a man.... laying do2n and rolling over should never be an option... don't be a weakling and embarrass your fellow men.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by 07kjb: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2022
If you are hopeless find a place they do ritual
Kill one of your girlfriend and get Peace
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by mhaztakingshi(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2022
My brother life is give and take..if I were you ,at that moment I won't even brood over anything...life can't be positive all the time..but one lesson you should learn is that..try and learn skills,get small business..Think of when you get older

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PZ Cussons Test, January 2013 / AAUA Recruitment CBT Test Invite / Guardians Jobs (check Here For Tuesdays And Thursday Vacancies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.