Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment (37139 Views)

How I Was Embarrassed By A Very Powerful And Rich Man because of a job Today / How I Lost A Job Today Because I Didn't Grow In Lagos / Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Ifakiland(m): 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:
I feel weak, terrible and hopeless. I lost my job today due to management change of system, I never saw it coming, in fact it came as a shock to me. Am just confused on what to do next, I have huge responsibility ahead of me, even now, I have to find something doing or else negative thought and depression will kill me faster than gunshots. I can't cry out physically but inside I feel pain as if a knife as pierce my heart, my self esteem is weak, my life is heading on a rock, I don't bet, never drink nor womanize, I just want a better life for myself, but it seems better life might never be achieved while still leaving with joblessness and failure status.
Help me nairalander, I don't know what might become of me in the next few days or weeks.
Been in your shoes before bro, at a point I tot na village people or say maybe one of my ex don swear for me. I begin dey call each of the bishes to apologise. But den I never stopped planning and and hoping....I also never stopped applying for jobs, any job....I did painting of house, barbing of hair, teaching, warehouse, sales etc....now I dey outside the country, married to a doctor and life don dey turn up small small.
Never give up. Na who give up fuq up oh.
Also find a girl that has what you lack and that you have what she lacks and build a future togeda. Bye for now. This advice is worth £20k but I give you free clap for me oh

10 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
Why don't you edit this post by stating what your qualifications are and your target job. Someone might know someone that needs someone like you. I didn't say to post your CV or state your name. Stay positive, greater opportunities are coming.
Sirseedorf:
I feel weak, terrible and hopeless. I lost my job today due to management change of system, I never saw it coming, in fact it came as a shock to me. Am just confused on what to do next, I have huge responsibility ahead of me, even now, I have to find something doing or else negative thought and depression will kill me faster than gunshots. I can't cry out physically but inside I feel pain as if a knife as pierce my heart, my self esteem is weak, my life is heading on a rock, I don't bet, never drink nor womanize, I just want a better life for myself, but it seems better life might never be achieved while still leaving with joblessness and failure status.
Help me nairalander, I don't know what might become of me in the next few days or weeks.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Explorece: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2022
[quote author=munagi post=117053768]Can you work in a Supermarket at the Mainland or Island, salary from 50k, there's accommodation? Contact me if you can. God will definitely see you through. Please be s

Please bro.. Kindly help..I am interested

Please how do I contact u..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by merit455(m): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
lereinter:

Maybe it's high time you started your own job

Even if you have another job, you go still lose it one day

Very useless comment from GNLD people
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by ComradeShegs(m): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
munagi:
Can you work in a Supermarket at the Mainland or Island, salary from 50k, there's accommodation? Contact me if you can. God will definitely see you through. Please be strong.

Plz I live around EJigbo. I'm interested. I just moved into Lagos last week.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by belcom10(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2022
May God almighty give you strength to prevail against spirit of defeat and depression. Another job is coming your way.

Sirseedorf:

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Explorece: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2022
munagi:
Can you work in a Supermarket at the Mainland or Island, salary from 50k, there's accommodation? Contact me if you can. God will definitely see you through. Please be strong.

Please how do I contact you sir
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by 3verblazing(m): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2022
Dec. O3 last year I was in your shoe. I had just gotten married in Sept with my entire savings, and was looking at building us up again with my wife( who had nothing doing at the time too). Fast forward to now. I have a savings of about 2milion naira in dollars and still building.

How did this happen?, I didn't give up. Used what I had left in me (graphics design) + the mental support of my partner n God

First 3 month was rough though I won't lie. Fed on some humbling stuffs just to keep body and soul together. If I had given up then, I won't be alive to tell this story.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Mrklemo(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
munagi:

God bless you.
This is heart warming.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
abuchilag:
Sir, do not wear this garment of defeat. Brace up and give it all it takes. The battle is in your mind....unfortunately the way you sounded simply buttresses the fact that you have already lost the battle.

Say NO to that voice of failure. You are much stronger than you think. Roll up your sleeves and get to work....winners don't quit.

Keep submitting applications, you never can tell where your next breakthrough will come from. You can also think of entrepreneurship. Once you meet a need in the market place, the cashflow will start rolling in. Think of a need to meet in your environment or space....and see people paying for such, massively.

Be strong.

I won’t sympathize with you cos of your post. You lost your job and so what?

Dust yourself up and move on to the next. But if I were you, I will jejely beg mod to help me rewrite my post to include what I was doing for my old company and the problems I solved. Also include the value you are capable of bringing to the table. Just imagine that you might get a job if you actually included these additional information.

There are jobs joor. I have openings I have been trying to fill since last month and I never even fit fill am.

There might be others like me out there that might pick interest in you and your situation, if you added those intel.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by obayemi204(m): 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
We have a similar story. Op, i give you this exact advice. May God see you through.
Ifakiland:

Been in your shoes before bro, at a point I tot na village people or say maybe one of my ex don swear for me. I begin dey call each of the bishes to apologise. But den I never stopped planning and and hoping....I also never stopped applying for jobs, any job....I did painting of house, barbing of hair, teaching, warehouse, sales etc....now I dey outside the country, married to a doctor and life don dey turn up small small.
Never give up. Na who give up fuq up oh.
Also find a girl that has what you lack and that you have what she lacks and build a future togeda. Bye for now. This advice is worth £20k but I give you free clap for me oh

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Donraqh(m): 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:
How much does sniper even cost these days?

Fear God now, there's no justification for this response.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by AzzaMan: 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My brother no hope is lost.

When I lost my 60k a month job I felt all hope was lost. I was on that job for two years from 2018 to 2020 and maximum pay I got was 61,500. I had too much responsibilities and dependants and when covid 19 came pay reduced drastically to 10k a month, sometimes nothing at all.

I was so hopeless and hungry but when we were laid off that was when my eyes opened. I refused to give in to defeat, infact I vowed never to depend on my certificate again.

I changed my mentality and started hustling like a drop out, hustling both under rain and Sun, looking dirty but do you know what?

Between 2020 to now

I bought two plots of lands in Lagos
I bought three cars (two for uber and one for myself)
I moved out from face me I face you to a two bedroom flat
I will be getting married soon.

My disappointment turned to blessing. This is not yahoo or scam but pure hustling like a drop out.

Many atimes we graduates are limited by our dependency on certificate. I still see my former colleagues and I am happy whenever they see me they always say, bro u Don fat, you Don add up, u Don this and that.

So dust yourself up and look at the challenges, it could be a blessing in disguise if you can grind harder.

Hustle, Hustle... Bro, which type of hustle you dy do? Wetin be the name of the business...

Na so that kidnapper dy tell people to hustle.

When you say hustle, you state the type of business you are into. If you don't want to reveal then you keep quiet...

Hustling na bussiness?

8 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by luluosas(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
It is well my brother. Be strong and be hopeful. Please, erase all negative thoughts and move ahead. It is well
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by luluosas(m): 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2022
Mention the hustle and stop speaking theories

Anonymoususher:
My brother no hope is lost.

When I lost my 60k a month job I felt all hope was lost. I was on that job for two years from 2018 to 2020 and maximum pay I got was 61,500. I had too much responsibilities and dependants and when covid 19 came pay reduced drastically to 10k a month, sometimes nothing at all.

I was so hopeless and hungry but when we were laid off that was when my eyes opened. I refused to give in to defeat, infact I vowed never to depend on my certificate again.

I changed my mentality and started hustling like a drop out, hustling both under rain and Sun, looking dirty but do you know what?

Between 2020 to now

I bought two plots of lands in Lagos
I bought three cars (two for uber and one for myself)
I moved out from face me I face you to a two bedroom flat
I will be getting married soon.

My disappointment turned to blessing. This is not yahoo or scam but pure hustling like a drop out.

Many atimes we graduates are limited by our dependency on certificate. I still see my former colleagues and I am happy whenever they see me they always say, bro u Don fat, you Don add up, u Don this and that.

So dust yourself up and look at the challenges, it could be a blessing in disguise if you can grind harder.

2 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Willie2015: 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2022
lereinter:

Maybe it's high time you started your own job

Even if you have another job, you go still lose it one day

Thats a cold fact...
Job is just a source of income...
Folks should learn to have multiple sources of income while working
Do Treasury Bills... Forex ,,, Stock trading (Home and Foreign)
Do grain storage ...Domain bizness...Run small scale POs shops...
Do part time teaching.. etc
Lotz of biz idea on Nairaland...

5 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by koldej(m): 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hey OP it is the job you lost, you didn't loose your life, you feel you cannot get a better offer in less than a month? don't let depression take over you? You are not a failure, in every paid job this are few setbacks you might have, but trust me it's only a stepping stone to greater position, you deserve the best, don't loose your hope, pick up yourself and try as much as possible to talk to people who might help you secure another better place that's what you need now... All the best... Cheers man!
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:

Few months of employment? Depends on the duration you have worked. And hope you have been able to save a little that will serve you at least 4 mothns or minimum three months? Don't feel helpless ok.. before the job you survived and even now it's gone, you will still survive. you will not die. Trust me.

Please tell us the full story so that others can learn from you

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by 07kjb: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
AzzaMan:

Hustle, Hustle... Bro, which type of hustle you dy do? Wetin be the name of the business...

When you say hustle, you state the type of business you are into. If you don't want to reveal then you keep quiet...

Hustling na bussiness?

Don't mind them shouting hustling up and down, what is hustling selling pure water abi a labourer

I hate people that use the word hustle,if u can't point to one thing to do is better to keep quiet

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Positiveme2020: 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
AzzaMan:

Hustling na bussiness?

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2022
3verblazing:
Dec. O3 last year I was in your shoe. I had just gotten married in Sept with my entire savings, and was just looking at building us again with my wife( had nothing doing at the time too). Fast forward to now. I had a savings of about 2milion naira in dollars and still building.

How did this happen?, I didn't give up. Used what had left in me (graphics design) + the mental support of my partner.

First 3 month was rough though I won't lie. Fed on some humbling stuffs just to keep body and soul together. If I had given up then, I won't be alive to tell this story.

You are an inspiration.,

2 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by just4fun(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sirseedorf:

Cheer up man !

it is not over until you win. Trust God for better days ahead....

Never give up so easily... Arise and fight on...

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by salvation77177: 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2022
I had been through such hopeless situation before but today the story has changed. Keep trusting God and be praying, you will surely come out it strong.
Do not allow discouragement and hopelessness; it brings depression with it's attendant problem.
God will help you.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by toxtimmy: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
Dude... If truly your post is for real then let me be brutally honest with you... you lost your job because there is a bigger and better job/opportunity for you.

You have maybe 48hrs to get yourself together and shift your brain into hunting mode... Yes, 48hrs to cry and wail... that's it and anything outside that is just slowing yourself down.

Dream big and action.. action action and re-evaluate and improvise and action.

There is a Russian saying "Nothing good will ever happen to anyone if we don't go outside our house"... Start hunt mode now in alignment with who you are.

Sirseedorf:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Liverpoolfc(m): 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
Never forget God is the source and your job is just a channel. The good thing is God's channel is by anastomosis. When ever a channel is blocked, there is collateral supply.
Never give up.

1 Like

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Elaric(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2022
All I can tell you is to be strong. You are closer to the breakthrough as ever before, bro.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by SouthySoil: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
The Lord will make a new way for you, please stay strong.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by JapaProf: 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
Learn Technical Writing

Send a DM, I can give you foundational guideline.

As a Technical writer, you can write SOPs, tech articles, research manuals and many more.
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by gulfer: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
A lot of people have been through this, you lost your job due to a system review and not due to incompetence that should gladen you and keep you motivated for the next job or business. The last thing you should lose is that hope for a better tomorrow, some of us went through a lot including doing below standard jobs before getting to where we are presently. Keep your spirit up, this dip may be a spring in your life cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by Tgb1: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
Really
Re: Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment by frog12: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2022
you are supposed to save money. go buy small bus or tricycle and start transport biz

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AAUA Recruitment CBT Test Invite / PZ Cussons Test, January 2013 / Guardians Jobs (check Here For Tuesdays And Thursday Vacancies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.