Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists (328 Views)

Ayu: "I Held No Meeting With Wike In Port Harcourt" / Wike To Ayu: I Dare You To Stop Anybody in Rivers PDP from Contesting / Wike, Ortom, Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Makinde Meet In Enugu Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by TheLawAsItIs: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2022
The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has refuted claims that he broke away from his Rivers State counterpart, Nyesom Wike.

Addressing journalists after a meeting with caucus members of Peoples Democratic Party from the North West senatorial district, Ortom said that nothing would make him leave Wike.

The senatorial district comprises of Jemgba and Minda axis. A group from the Jemgba community had accused the governor who is from Minda, of working against their son, Senator Iyorchia Ayu.

While reacting to this, Ortom had through his Chief Press Secretary, Nathaniel Ikyur, narrated how he supported the national chairman of PDP, Iyorchia Ayu, adding that he could not, therefore, turn around to work against him to be removed from office.

But making his position known on Monday, the governor told journalists in Makurdi that he could not have parted ways with his friend, Wike, saying they both just returned from London.

He said, “And the headline from This Day that I have split with Wike. I just came back from London with Wike this morning. We are friends and I still maintain my stand on what I said.

“I have not moved away from there; that I still sympathise with Wike on the injustice meted on him.

“Politics is about interest and where your interest is not protected, you have a right to protest and I think that is what is happening.

“The party leadership has not been fair to Governor Wike based on activities that took place during and after the convention.

“We have not been able to deploy adequately the internal conflict mechanism to resolve those issues and this is all I have been saying.

“I sympathise with him and still stand with him. Let the leadership of the party at the national level do the same thing.”

https://punchng.com/ayu-i-still-stand-with-wike-ortom-insists/#Echobox=1664302321

Re: Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by ytdivine(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2022
A true friend

Meanwhile am Obidient
Re: Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by Timatayo1: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ortom the wheel barrow is double standard and carmelo
Re: Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by Chinjo2: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
Very wise man. You stand with wike but you are working for your party's candidate Atiku and also supporting your brother Ayu

2 Likes

Re: Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2022
This Ortom self.
Free plane ride is too sweet to let go
See chameleonic display of English grammar
I stand with Wike, Ayu must (not) go
grin grin
Re: Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
dis man dey confuse me.
Re: Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by Okoroawusa: 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2022
Orton is not making sense
Re: Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by chrisxxx(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
Thanks Ortom. There was a time Wike was dressing like Benue warrior to identify and sympathize with Benue people over the horrendous pogrom being carried in Benue by foreign invaders.
Re: Ayu: I Still Stand With Wike, Ortom Insists by silverlinen(m): 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
Damnnn
This orton of a man ehn
Him no just dey one place

(1) (Reply)

Obidient Movement: How PDP Beats Tinubu APC To Social Media Power Game. / Yobe North: Lawan Rules Out Appeal / Breaking: APC Is Killing In Igboland To Blame IPOB & Rubbish Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.