Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

I Reported My Landlord Today - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Reported My Landlord Today (40785 Views)

My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue / My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by SKIBiNSKI(m): 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
Landlord come and tell us your own side of the story before i decide.

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by SKIBiNSKI(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
You are a cruel and jealous tenant, when the house flooded you shoulda moved out. If you were my tenant i will blow ya ead off! With a 9 milli. If my house is demolished, Just move da fork out simple!

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by kelmicheal: 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
Op you took this too far what will be your gain when someone sweat is bn demolished you could have easily leave the house for him jejely

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Greenfaces: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Let him face the consequences of his greed

So you wrote all this epistle without stating categorically the negligence or structural failure that occasioned you with all that expenses. If this was an English essay exam, you would have scored 12/100

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by gogglecomputer: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Nice one
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by fluffybaby(f): 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
You did good. Let him dance to the tune of his music.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by mechanics(m): 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
You should have reported since before now and got all your compensation, he will think you are paying him back for asking you to pay his rent.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Compliant(m): 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
bigpicture001:
all of thrm are greedy

Not all of them, there are exemption and my dad is a good example.

Some of my dad former tenants are here on nairaland till date.

The only problem you will ever have with my dad as your landlord, is for you to stay in his house for 2 years without plans to build your own.

My dad is one funny landlord I swear, he will force tenant to buy land in lagos or ogun state and also force tenant to start building even if its 2bedroom .

He can collect monthly rent from a tenant and then use the money to buy blocks for the tenant as his own contribution for the new building of the tenant.

If you are looking for house and one agent direct you to my dad house, just know my dad will NEVER give you that house because he does not allow any tenant to pay agency or agreement money.

Very funny man

The joy of it, is that all of us his children are all landlord and landlady.

Just pray to meet the good one

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by yad2eidi: 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
bigdammyj:
Weldon.
But what led to these, What was his negligence that almost cost you your life and destroyed your properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc?
You didn't tell us what really happened.
no mind am. This is a one sided story

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by yad2eidi: 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
This your story is one sided. First you didn't even say what he did that caused the damages.

You also said
For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.
Why won't you pay if you never had any agreement to not pay.

Just pray he is not the wicked type. If you try this with some people you are gone

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Paschal266(m): 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
Serves him right
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Omik1: 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2022
Was there a written paper when/where the landlord gave you a go ahead to make the repair? Was the repair for your own luxury life? ( As some people will rent a house with pit toilet and be expecting the landlord to turn it to a five start hotel standard toilet) when they were not promised such.

Did he agree to reimburse you what you expended in the agreed paper when u where doing the repair?

I asked all this because, that's what is contained in the Lagos State Tenancy Law..

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by masseratti: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
but Op how is it possible for your landlord to ask for house rent after just two months of moving in.. am I missing something here? am lost.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by WantsandMore: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
Sometimes karma doesn’t take a generation…just instant doings …but remember you’ll get your own karma too, this isn’t about be right or wrong , balance must be restored , pray you are in a position to balance your karma . Peace .
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by NoToPile: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
Na dem awon tenants from hell.

What the negligence was he no talk.
Too much holes in your story.

You never jam, I just hope your landlord isn't fetish sha grin

Sebi if the house is demolished you will get your 1 million.

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by tfelicityk(m): 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
Greedy landlord...
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by lyricalz: 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

That serve him right
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Seequadry(m): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
I also would like to report my landlord.. Bro can I get some advice on how to go about it
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Babapyro: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Bye bye to that house cos they're definitely going to destroy it now even if he pays you back
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Propty247(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
You can call Elizabeth on 08060525545. Lagos. She helped did mine and very reliable.

Huzormah:
Sorry to digress, but where can I get a reliable and authentic person to help with CAC, a relative wants to register her business.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Talentempire: 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
If they take down the house what will be your gain?

Most tenants in Lagos hardly make repairs they are staying in a house but they want landlord to fix everything.

The worst is when they are packing they will remove as little as lamp holder

Those praising him
One day you go be landlord and you will understand

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by jubrilELsudan: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2022
I LIKE YOUR STYLE

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Rondigee: 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
Please how do we post on naira land
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by princewarri1985: 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
You did the right thing OP but dont forget to always watch your back because we live in a very wicked world
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Cutehector(m): 4:17am On Oct 09, 2022
Anonymoususher:

please i need to also report mine too. Can you assist with the contact details of the public offender's office
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Obidient4life2: 5:39am On Oct 09, 2022
bigdammyj:
Weldon.
But what led to these, What was his negligence that almost cost you your life and destroyed your properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc?
You didn't tell us what really happened.

Exactly. The story is half truth.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Rexymania(m): 7:55am On Oct 09, 2022
My prayer is they should demolish that house

Anonymoususher:

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Koralords: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2022
Huzormah:
Sorry to digress, but where can I get a reliable and authentic person to help with CAC, a relative wants to register her business.
Have a friend's who's a lawyer that does that
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Nigeriadondie: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Not only greedy but wicked
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Love48(f): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2022
Wow...

Dats wat fit some greedy landlords. Like my landlady once ur rent expires and u don't renew it on time na quick notice get u..
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Bigfish121(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2022
Omo landlord wahala.Even the pop for my kitchen collapse,I don complain to the landlord tire,he nor woh do am.To look for house nor dey that easy because of agents wahala.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by harmony75: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2022
That serves him right many of we landlords � takes advantage of tenants.

670sqm Land for sale at Osapa London....7mins WALK to Shoprite / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89