Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,173 members, 7,780,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:47 AM

MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband (62218 Views)

Billionaire Mackenzie Scott (Jeff Bezos Ex) gives away another £2bn / Melinda Gates Filed For Divorce, Couple Has Been Separated Before The Divorce / Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by AlphaTaikun: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
Kobicove:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/28/business/mackenzie-scott-dan-jewett-divorce/index.html
I knew this would happen! She obviously didn't have deep emotional connections with the dude and was only trying to get back at Jeff Bezos due to the long-term marriage fatigue.

The dude would have had his own inner game issues too.

"Once dickmatized, can always be dickmatized." Over to you Jeff
Bezos. wink

1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by abbey621(m): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
t2luv1:

Partner LLC is the route to go. I was a S-Corp qualifier before I had to turned around and recertified under a new entity with a LLC. First in case you get sue by someone as a S-Corp your personal house can be included in liability settlement whereas with LLC only your entity is liable. The real kicker is in tax rate LLC corporate is 15% where S-Corp rate is your personal tax rate. That is why it is called Limited Liability Company

Not S corp, C corp! We are talking about two different things, even with multiple member LLC, you must instruct the IRS you want to be treated as a corp for tax purposes but with C corp, nothing ties back to your personal tax hence no divorce can affect you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Adakintroy: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

Na to go abroad and marry a billionaire daughter or ex wife then divorce her then get my own large part of their money is my next business plan like this

Soft work Cool cash

Mumu.

All village boys think so coming to city. In case you wondering You the village boy.

Low resolution thinkers*
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by usagee36: 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Olosho with billions.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by mankan2k7(m): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
The pussy go don hear wotowoto before he rich my turn.

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by nighthawk1: 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
akwesenana:
Hopefully, he'll share her inheritance.

Most likely there will be a Prenuptial agreement.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Kelechi009: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
abbey621:

Are we talking about legally or are we considering sentiments? A prenup properly written by a competent lawyers, signed in front of witnesses and a notary will never be thrown out, California or not! You can't claim duress if the prenup was signed at least 2 months before the wedding and done in good faith. Your idea of cohabitation is also rubbish because if no women like to sign a prenup guess what they hate more? Lack of marital commitment!

Bro leave all this english, legally if you sign a prenup, the Judge can throw it out if your wife claims that she signed it out of duress.

The Judge is totally able to ignore any Prenup signed if he "thinks that it was unfair or signed out of duress.

Use Google bro, I am not here to argue. Prenup won't save you from shit.

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by udomma1005(m): 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Buffet? What has Warren Buffett got to do with this matter?
Sorry dude, we were talking about them money bags, typed what we were saying...... JEFF BEZOS not Warren, pls.

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by abbey621(m): 10:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
Kelechi009:

Bro leave all this english, legally if you sign a prenup, the Judge can throw it out if your wife claims that she signed it out of duress.

The Judge is totally able to ignore any Prenup signed if he "thinks that it was unfair or signed out of duress.

Use Google bro, I am not here to argue. Prenup won't save you from shit.

Claiming duress is different than proving duress, this is why a competent lawyer must draft the prenup, it must be signed by witnesses, be factual, fair and notarized. If all these things are present, the success rate of invalidating a prenup is lower than 10%, I challenge you to prove otherwise, this is not an argument, this is a fact based on experience and being conversant with the legal landscape in the USA, you don't have to agree grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by frog12: 10:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
maybe the man marry am for money. the woman is too generous giving away all of BEZOS hard earned billions.

the man is set for LIFE

2 Likes

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by senchibi: 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
The woman is a gold digger whose occupation is to marry rich men and later use divorce to cash out

No This time around She nogo cashout. grin grin grin . Them dun run am street . Look at it this way. Man gets money sent to his account to look rich. Marry a rich woman ( sign prenup declare assets to know they're both rich. Give back the borrowed money to the owner in the name of charity. Then file for divorce and definitely will get a good share of the woman's wealth. Because he came into the marriage with wealth and the charities done together Na dia money. Not just his
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by AlphaTaikun: 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
abbey621:

Are we talking about legally or are we considering sentiments? A prenup properly written by a competent lawyers, signed in front of witnesses and a notary will never be thrown out, California or not! You can't claim duress if the prenup was signed at least 2 months before the wedding and done in good faith. Your idea of cohabitation is also rubbish because if no women like to sign a prenup guess what they hate more? Lack of marital commitment!
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by frog12: 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
i see your point. it was just a scripted marriage

olawonder:
One of the biggest scam of our time! She probably couldn’t just ask former billionaire husband for money for the guy (American billionaires are too greedy for that), so she used this clever scheme to make money frm Bezoz, then married her new lover and now will shift half of the money to him through divorce! My thought
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by AlphaTaikun: 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
abbey621:

Claiming duress is different than proving duress, this is why a competent lawyer must draft the prenup, it must be signed by witnesses, be factual, fair and notarized. If all these things are present, the success rate of invalidating a prenup is lower than 10%, I challenge you to prove otherwise, this is not an argument, this is a fact based on experience and being conversant with the legal landscape in the USA, you don't have to agree grin grin
Indeed! Prenups are the way to go.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by kay29000(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
LordIsaac:
That's how the woman will finish her share of the money and will return to Jeff in tears !

Lol. But that money is plenty o.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by kay29000(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

Shi shi...he will not collect...

but the woman neck long oooo...if bezoz na naija
E go don know say this one na longhroat woman

Lol. I didn't notice the long neck till you pointed it out. Her neck is really long sha.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Confirm4real(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
Marriage is not for everybody...
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by ufuosman(m): 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
And she no go rest oh grin
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Sanctecosma(m): 11:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
Indeed, the devil came to kill, steal and destroy.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by einsteine(m): 12:07am On Sep 30, 2022
If the guy see $1 million sef, make e do thanksgiving.

The woman made him sign a pre-nup plus she has actually lost money since she married so there is no wealth to share. If she has not been giving him money during the marriage, then there is a limit to the palimony that he can claim.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by einsteine(m): 12:08am On Sep 30, 2022
olawonder:
One of the biggest scam of our time! She probably couldn’t just ask former billionaire husband for money for the guy (American billionaires are too greedy for that), so she used this clever scheme to make money frm Bezoz, then married her new lover and now will shift half of the money to him through divorce! My thought

Who will give the guy half of the money? Lol.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Atllanta: 12:11am On Sep 30, 2022
guys shes ugly AsF

3 Likes

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Kelechi009: 12:24am On Sep 30, 2022
abbey621:

The lawyer who drafted the prenup will not be there many years later when the Judge is reviewing it, you people should be using your head. People have been trying this and failing. You better don't get married in American if you know yo have a lot to use. Don't say you were not warned. Be there and continue arguing. Even Dr. Dre's Wife claims his prenup was invalid, not everyone would be lucky like Dre eventually!
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by abbey621(m): 1:46am On Sep 30, 2022
Kelechi009:

The lawyer who drafted the prenup will not be there many years later when the Judge is reviewing it, you people should be using your head. People have been trying this and failing. You better don't get married in American if you know yo have a lot to use. Don't say you were not warned. Be there and continue arguing. Even Dr. Dre's Wife claims his prenup was invalid, not everyone would be lucky like Dre eventually!

You're spewing nonsense, I prefer to believe my colleagues over here than you, continue arguing with your phone.....PEACE!
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by greypencils: 1:49am On Sep 30, 2022
You missed the first step
1. LovePeddler around till you get a rich fool to tie the knot
1. look for one flimsy excuse,
2. divorce your husband..
3. become world richest woman
feminism nice one
the future is female
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Helpout12345: 2:18am On Sep 30, 2022
The man will get alimony for sure. And he can contest the prenuptial agreement on marital property acquired during the marriage. Prenuptial agreement is always contestable and can be thrown out of the court or modified by the court.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Helpout12345: 2:20am On Sep 30, 2022
abbey621:

You're spewing nonsense, I prefer to believe my colleagues over here than you, continue arguing with your phone.....PEACE!

He is right. Many prenuptial agreements have been invalidated by the courts before.

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by abbey621(m): 2:26am On Sep 30, 2022
Helpout12345:

He is right. Many prenuptial agreements have been invalidated by the courts before.

Come on you're better than this, stop being vague, show me the percentage of prenups that were prepared by a lawyer, signed in good faith with witnesses and a notary and were later on invalidated by a judge or jury. If it is more than 10% of all cases over the past 50 years in the USA, I'll personally deposit $100 or 70k Naira into an account of your choice, come on I dare you!

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Kelechi009: 2:29am On Sep 30, 2022
abbey621:

Bro, first of all, you denied that legal prenups could be thrown out of court. Then I asked you Google, then you went & came back. Now to say It has only 10% of occurence, nobody is arguing about the occurrence. Knowledge is not about location, the information is online for everyone to see. The fact is that anything that can be invalidated by a Judge for any flimsy reason cannot be taken lightly & the woman can have someone testify against you in court that this happened years ago & you have no evidence to prove it otherwise except your prenup. That is the end of the road for you.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by linearity: 2:33am On Sep 30, 2022
advanceDNA:

There are so many conditions that goes together........if shemade her money when after she married him is also another condition that makes the initiator of the divorce pay......marriage that is barely a year old....shi shi he will not collect....

Not true though!

The court look at the lifestyle they have established together as a couple. It is understandable that, both couple cannot bring equal amount of wealth into the marriage, the courts into that as well.

But, being that the marriage is less than two years old, at most if it goes to court the guy will not at up to one year in alimony.

But, I don’t see this going to court, she will not want their dirty linings washed and set in front of the public, so she is going to write him one big fat check to sign the divorce papers and an NDA to keep his mouth shut forever.

2 Likes

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Helpout12345: 2:45am On Sep 30, 2022
abbey621:

Come on you're better than this, stop being vague, show me the percentage of prenups that were prepared by a lawyer, signed in good faith with witnesses and a notary and were later on invalidated by a judge or jury. If it is more than 10% of all cases over the past 50 years in the USA, I'll personally deposit $100 or 70k Naira into an account of your choice, come on I dare you!

I don't have the data but he is right that prenuptial agreement can be contested and thrown out completely or partially if entered into by duress, no legal representation for both parties before signed, have terms contradicting laws etc.

You are also right that duress must be proven by the party who claims it.

The key message here is that people should be aware that prenuptial agreement can be contested in court.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by fkj950ax(m): 2:46am On Sep 30, 2022
akwesenana:
Hopefully, he'll share her inheritance.

Someone like her who just won half of Bezoz wealth will never marry without a prenup.

The new ex hubby is not getting her wealth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World's Richest Became ₦360 Trillion Richer In 2017(Photos) / CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account / Photos Of Aliko Dangote's Former Wife And Fatima's Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.