Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? (28110 Views)

Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video) / Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2022
I read about how Nairalanders Joetttimua1811manage just #500k for his wedding in 2020 which I really appreciate how he manage himself without own anybody.

Believe me, When it comes to celebrating the union of a man and woman, trust Nigerians not to hold back on providing the best food and drinks, renting a spacious hall, and indirectly telling a friend to say to another friend about the event.

While Nigerian weddings are mostly seen as an opportunity to celebrate with the couple and get free food, the truth is that they are financially demanding. It is in the sense that planning a wedding is not cheap.

With the economic setbacks being experienced in the country, we need to secure our financial future. So, in case you are hoping to one day stand at an altar wearing a suit or bridal gown, here is an insight on how to plan a wedding with a budget of 700,000 or even less.

So With a hypothetical guest list of 100 to 150 people including ( mogbo, moya ) kindly drop your breakdown budget of #700k include weeding attire and shoes for bride and groom, stationary and souvenirs, reception venues and decorations, food and drinks and miscellaneous.

Nairalanders, kindly help somebody with good calculations.

Source: obembet

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2022
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by wayodude(m): 8:40am On Sep 29, 2022
For the photographer, yea sure! grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes if your in-law are cooperating and you didn't rent hall or do decoration. You higher a photographer that ll collect like N50K only for pics or at worst N80K for photo and video. Some photographers are considerate n ll still give mini n quality delivery. Don't buy alcoholic drinks. Only few soft drinks. Invite not more than 50 people from both families or at worst 80 people.
Pick dress that's not more than N100K for both husband and wife. N60K for wife's gown and native, N40K for husband's suit and native. Some tailors no go charge more than N25K-N30K for wedding gown. You can make it as simple as you can. No tail, no peticoat or any expensive additive and the native can be procured from the smallest lace. No go buy aso-oke o! While husband can get N25K-N30K suit and N10K for native.
Feeding and entertainment cannot exceed N250K. Call a DJ for less than N30K.
Use a free space with tent. Open field, church, mosque, shrine, etc. grin
Finally, if the bride price and list of items to buy are not more than N100K-N150K.
Then the wedding is set.
Last Bullet
What makes wedding to be expensive is overdoing. If you know your budget, your wedding ll hold within it. If it passed it, it shouldn't be more money which you can easily augment after the wedding.

I m a wedding planner. Mail me @ sweetplumnija@gmail.com to help you plan your wedding from contacting a photographer to event deco, cloths, food, etc.

A patronage ll wow you.

145 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by obembet(f): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2022
wayodude:
For the photographer, yea sure! grin

Can't we use phone to reduce cost?

L

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by noble71(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2022
Hmmm, it all depends on what you mean by wedding, if it's traditional marriage only, it also depends on the state and tradition of the people. But generally in this Buhari economy #700k can't. If it's only Court Marriage 300k is enough.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Corporate2020: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2022
Why not? But isit for Agbado, or for Cassava, or for Ewa?

Cut your jacket according to your cloth.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ZUBY77(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2022
A wedding in Nigeria can cost 150,000 if you want.

137 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Redstubpen: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2022
angry

Where all of una dey see all these moneyyyy....abi you be ritualists. Na wa o, when I only need half of that sum to be stable in my career and secure a livelihood.

Abeg who dey marry these days sef...?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by ask4double(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes, Even 100k

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by verybadmouth(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2022
That money no reach some couple to buy cloth alone. Some halls are even twice that price.

My brother/sister, cut coat cake according to the size of your mouth.

11 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobleou(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
It depends on how u want it to be celebrated.

Modified: marriage na marriage

8 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Godoverevery: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
It depends on how you want it.

Have told my parent and fiancée my budget for my wedding is 1.5 million if anyone isn't ok with what I present feel free not to attend.

My plan is too have my white and traditional wedding on the same day.

A nice venue of of 300k will used for both ......in the morning a pastor will conduct the white wedding ceremony with few people from both family.

From 1pm the traditional wedding and reception will hold at the same time.

Break down of my budget.
Venue 300k
Food and drinks 500k
Decoration etc 200
Photo and video 200k
Unforseen expenses 200k

I no my parent will want something bigger but any money they drop won't be spent on my wedding.
The clothes will be using is not an issh.

I could easily have a wedding of 3million budget with few support from my sibling and parent but nah.

Left to me I won't even have any wedding ceremony..

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Elidrisy20: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
2014 yes
2022 No

5 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by blamingthedevil: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes, it can cost less than 20k ....if you know, you know depends on the couple, location, people, culture and approach.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Ekejoestar(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
A wedding can cost as low as 100k depending on the following reasons.

1_ number of guests invited to the wedding.
2_ location of the venue, you can hire a church hall and you'll get it cheaper if you happens to be a strong member.
3_ if you didn't marry a slay queen.
4_ the most important one. IF YOU DON'T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY.

Las las, don't carry debt enter marriage because of say you wan do flamboyant wedding be you male or female, cut your coat according to your size.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by CocoaOla: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
never

2 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Geenosko: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes. It's possible
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by fourboys: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Hell yes... More reason i love Catholic morning mass wedding.. after the wedding for church, everbody will go home.

40 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Tegabadguy(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
I read about how Nairalanders Joetttimua1811manage just #500k for his wedding in 2020 which I really appreciate how he manage himself without own anybody.

Believe me, When it comes to celebrating the union of a man and woman, trust Nigerians not to hold back on providing the best food and drinks, renting a spacious hall, and indirectly telling a friend to say to another friend about the event.

While Nigerian weddings are mostly seen as an opportunity to celebrate with the couple and get free food, the truth is that they are financially demanding. It is in the sense that planning a wedding is not cheap.

With the economic setbacks being experienced in the country, we need to secure our financial future. So, in case you are hoping to one day stand at an altar wearing a suit or bridal gown, here is an insight on how to plan a wedding with a budget of 700,000 or even less.

So With a hypothetical guest list of 100 to 150 people including ( mogbo, moya ) kindly drop your breakdown budget of #700k include weeding attire and shoes for bride and groom, stationary and souvenirs, reception venues and decorations, food and drinks and miscellaneous.

one million know reach
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Yes and even less. it all depends on how you plan it.

Hears a rough breakdown.

Cut out any unecessary cost like halls. You can beg your church to use their auditorium or any large space around the church.

Food.
Stick strictly to rice and use packs to serve to also cut cost of breakable serving plates. ( No varieties).
Pure water for everyone.
It's only at parties people form I don't take pure water. Go to any big man's house now, you'll see bags of pure water. Thats what most of them drink.

Do moderate wedding cake at the most 30k.

Beg one of your siblings wen Sabi do selfie to handle photography that day If you have a good phone. Take it to studio, select and edit the ones you want.

Your wedding outfits can be rented at very affordable rates depending on where you're renting it. If you choose to sew or buy readymade, highest, 150k don cover for both of you.

All these should not be more than 300k.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by HomoSapiien: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
is a flamboyant wedding a necessity for a successful marriage?

5 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
grin
For this modern nigerian society? Yes,I think so,but it depends on how you plan the whole event.....No do pass yourself......No matter how you feed hundred of hungry invitees,and at the end, you can't satisfy dem...

Las las,hire an event planner and give him/her your budget for the whole thing..
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Ogbodavies(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
yes oo...as far as maguire is not in ur defense line-up.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by clems88(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
Ofcos. It can even be done without spending a dime. grin just give her belle , then the parents wount have a choice than to dash you their daughter cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Sirchiboy: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
Did my wedding 100k this year

8 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Freelane33(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

Yes if you cut your coat according to your size
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Dottore: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by KIDfurniture(m): 10:00am On Sep 29, 2022
You re funny. I spent just 200k

obembet:

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by verybadmouth(m): 10:00am On Sep 29, 2022
HomoSapiien:
is a flamboyant wedding a necessity for a successful marriage?
Yes oo. That's what women think.
Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2022
My own be sey no do wetin go put una two for debt

2 Likes

Re: Can A Wedding In Nigeria Cost Less Than 700k? by Victoxy(m): 10:00am On Sep 29, 2022
It depends on the family sha,most of these parents now are looking for a big wedding especially if their friends children's wedding was loud. They then put pressure on the kids to make it loud.

The only way to make it simple is to impregnate the girl. Wedding involving pregnancy are usually very mild but all those owambe people na melee stuffs them like.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People And Bad Birthday Attitude / Show Your Valentine Gifts Here For 2022 / A Cute Daughter Of A Proud Afonja & Pretty Igbo Is 2yrs Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.