Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? (1420 Views)

Amazing Story: Pastor & Kids Saved After Huge Tree Suddenly Fell On Their SUV / What Are The Names Of The Two Thieves Who Hung On The Cross With Jesus? / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by newmi(m): 1:38am On Aug 15, 2011
Galatians 3:13
"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”)"

Many believers probably know that when Jesus died, our sins were forgiven because He shed His blood. Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins. (Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 9:22) But why did Jesus have to die on the cross, since the capital punishment of Israel during the time of Christ was stoning and not crucifixion?

Jesus hung and died on the cross because He knew the law which says that “he who is hanged is accursed of God”. (Deuteronomy 21:23) He wanted to redeem us from every curse of the law, so He went to the cross, “having become a curse for us”. Jesus took all our curses at the cross, so that we can take all His blessings!

The moment you received Jesus, every curse in your life was destroyed. And the way you experience this is to simply believe and confess what Jesus has done for you. Say, “Because of Jesus, I am blessed.” The more you say it and believe it, the more you will experience it.

So if there is an area in your life in which you feel oppressed, for example, a skin condition that refuses to heal, say, “Christ has redeemed me from this skin condition. I refuse it and reject it in Jesus’ name because by His stripes I am healed!” (1 Peter 2:24) Believe it and say it until you see it!
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by LagosShia: 5:23am On Aug 15, 2011
"He was neither killed,nor crucified".

they no doubt wanted to kill hi.the sentence could have being crucifixion than stoning because it was the romans who would pass the law based on roman law (state law) and not based on jewish traditional or religious law.
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by PastorKun(m): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2011
@newmumu
You see how you embarrass yourself publicly! Even lagoshia an ignorant muslim knows the bible better than yourself. I have told you countless times to stop reading that filthy rapshody of errors and get a decent bible to study and understand the word.
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by Image123(m): 7:34am On Aug 15, 2011
^
So to you, Jesus Christ was neither killed nor crucified too? All that matters is to score a point against 'christ embassy' and anyone who believes in giving tithes. Grow up, you're not getting younger kunle.
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by PastorKun(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2011
And all that matters to you is to be hounding me all over nairaland. Go an get a life tongue
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by PA1982(f): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2011
Christ wasn't hung on a tree, like Odin in the Nordic religions.
He was crucified.
And in any case, quoting Peter is odd, because it's pretty well known the books attributed to Peter are forgeries.
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by Image123(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2011
Go and learn the meaning of words before using them kunle. Thought someone said sometimes that you worked in a tertiary institution.
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2011
^^

God bless you, Kunle does not read the bible himself but yet admonishes others to do the same.

This is what the bible has to say

"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree." - Acts 5:30

Crosses those days were made of freshly cut down trees, so what is so difficult about this , that heathen people like Lagosshia and his cohorts cannot understand. They cannot understand because they are blinded by the god of this world and therefore are walking about groping in darkness because of abject foolishness.

May God open their eyes.

You have to ignore these Muslims they even lie better than their father SATAN.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8 :44
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by LoveKing(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2011
The romans reserved the trees for the zealots. Jesus 'death' was very political but the resurrection part is very similar to king djoser's own in ancient egypt.
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by LagosShia: 11:02am On Aug 15, 2011
frosbel:

^^
Crosses those days were made of freshly cut down trees, so what is so difficult about this , that heathen people like Lagosshia and his cohorts cannot understand. They cannot understand because they are blinded by the god of this world and therefore are walking about groping in darkness because of abject foolishness.

you christians should solve your confusion among yourself.dont include my name o.ive warned you o.

christians are fighting if Jesus was "crucified" or "hung from a tree".even themselves they dont know.this is what the Quran rightly describe them and this confusion was so rampant in the early years of christianity:

Holy Quran 4:157:
And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.

they dont know themselves what happened,yet mischievous frosbel wants to go silly in another thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735648.0.html

You have to ignore these Muslims they even lie better than their father SATAN.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8 :44

i believe you know well who Jesus was refering to.
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by LagosShia: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2011
PA1982:

Christ wasn't hung on a tree, like Odin in the Nordic religions.
He was crucified.
And in any case, quoting Peter is odd, because it's pretty well known the books attributed to Peter are forgeries.

frosbel,see disaster O!

she,a christian, is calling your bible 'forgeries'!!! grin
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2011
^^^^

You are quite a funny character. grin

Proving what is a FACT as a fallacy does not make the FACT less of a FACT.

Your rejection of Christ will only spell your doom.

ALLAH cannot save, infact he cannot see or hear, he is DEAD , a false deity conjured up in false prophet Mo's imagination.

Come to JESUS that you may have life, otherwise you will die in your sins !!!
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by LagosShia: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

You are quite a funny character. grin

Proving what is a FACT as a fallacy does not make the FACT less of a FACT.

Your rejection of Christ will only spell your doom.

ALLAH cannot save, infact he cannot see or hear, he is DEAD , a false deity conjured up in false prophet Mo's imagination.

Come to JESUS that you may have life, otherwise you will die in your sins !!!

I CANNOT Worship a man who does not know what season or time of the year it is-a man that gets hungry and be moved by his hunger to CURSE a fig TREE because it does not contain fruit as recorded in your new testament bible:

Mark 11:12-14
12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2011
^^^

But you follow a pedo.phile prophet to worship a dead deity who cannot hear or speak
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by LagosShia: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

But you follow a pedo.phile prophet to worship a dead deity who cannot hear or speak

no problem, i like it like that.its only disgusting that you create lies,(which have been logically and reasonably refuted in an intellectual manner) and you keep believing them.even after they are refuted intellectually (as the allegation that the Prophet's wife was 9 years old have been refuted in many threads),you feel threatened and raise them up again to appear "annoying" when i point to you the absurdities in your bible and beliefs again in an intellectual manner.you forget what ugliness there really is in your bible and beliefs but you have the zeal to attack others and make them feel "bad" because you are hungry or rather desperate to believe that yours is right,when infact it is not.religion should not be based on desire.it should be based on truth and reasoning.

but i can tell you for sure,my Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was no child-killer.at least from your words,he "loved" children.I dont know if the numerous modern-day christian priests who abuse children claim to be followers of Jesus (as) or Muhammad (sa)? I know Jesus also "loved" children as the new testament tells us.but see elsewhere what your contradictory god is doing in the bible:

"Killing Children Is Bible Miracle"!:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735998.0.html
Re: Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? by PA1982(f): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2011
I see this has turned into a wrangle between two old 'adversaries'. cheesy
All the best!

My only points were
1. by insisting on that 'hung on a tree' phrase, Christians run the risk of having Christianity directly compared to other religions which have the exact same motive, that of a God who makes a sacrifice of himself by voluntarily hanging on a tree.

2. The Petrine epistles are widely recognised to be forgeries.
I'm including a link to Wiki, not because it's a definitive source, but to give an overview and introduction of the idea, now accepted among scholars:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Petrine_epistles

(1) (Reply)

Ifa Divination For The Month Of April 2012 / Christ Our Leader / swarm of locust hit isreal from egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.