Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? (71704 Views)

How Many Kids Do You Still Wanna Have? / Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / Meet Anna And Lucy DeCinque, Identical Twin Sisters Who Share The Same Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by lowaist101: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
it is not ideal but for poverty. they can demarcate the bed with something not transparent
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by imran90(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
"Ise ko lowo" you need to understand that, check some of your colleagues at work that you're getting same salary every month and ask yourself why some are doing with the pay they get and some are still struggle to see another month end.
MufasaLion:

Everybody likes comfort but many are lazy to work for the comfort. Comfort don't come to people, you work for it!
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Abaniwealth(f): 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
Karen2024:
As soon as my child is a year old, to his or her room.
did ur own parents do d same for u..
Think twice....
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Blaqputin(m): 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
SmartyPants:

I came when the thread was at page 2. How could i have commented in the top 5, you uneducated slowpoke?
Ur mama nah slow poke, ode
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by FireUpNow(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2022
I think it's condition that makes a man and his wife together with their kids to be in one room.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by toloohthegreat: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
ITbomb:
Do you think it is their choice to stay in a one bedroom apartment?

Not even one Bedroom o. It is outrightly 'One-Room' Apartment. There's a difference for the worse.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by ppogba: 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2022
MufasaLion:

Everybody likes comfort but many are lazy to work for the comfort. Comfort don't come to people, you work for it!

The beauty of Nairaland comments is that it reveals more than people will want to reveal about themselves.

It is crystal clear that you are still being fed. Continue to thank your parents or your benefactor taking care of your bread and butter.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Thermodynamics(m): 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
MufasaLion:

What are the state of things you're talking about?
You were not informed too? Continue
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Thermodynamics(m): 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
MufasaLion:

Some people work but get little, some might have even worked harder than you but they are not where you are today. Some have a very poor and unsupportive background, some wanted to go to school but couldn't. Luck and family plays a huge part in people's life, don't think that every poor person is lazy, be thankful for where you are, don't think you are more hard working bro, people plenty for street when don work pass you with nothing to show.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by ponishah: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2022
ITbomb:
Even if it is not their choice to stay in one room, yet it is their own choice to make x-rated comments and act blue film in the presence of minors.
Some parents are too loose
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Bet2ter(m): 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2022
The woman whose portrait we see depicted on Nigeria’s 20 Naira note is Ladi Kwali, born 1925. She was born in the hamlet of Kwali, in the Gwari region of Northern Nigeria, where women frequently worked as potters.

The iconic Nigerian ceramic artist began coiling, creating with the traditional African methods as a child. In 1954 she joined Michael Cardew’s Pottery Training Center in the village of Abjua as its only female potter. There she learned to throw on the wheel and use western high fire kilns.

Ladi became Nigeria’s best-known potter, toured the world giving demonstrations and she is now featured on the back of the 20 Naira bill. Her large vessels are highly sought after on major auction sales. The Abuja Pottery Training Center has since been renamed Dr. Ladi Kwali Pottery.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by frozen70(f): 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
ObamaMessi:
My closeness with kids help them alot. No cause for alarm!

Fantastic
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by MYKELDAYO(m): 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
[quote author=MufasaLion post=117125839]It's wrong for kids to be in same room with the parents.[/quote ao when they have one just room the child should sleep in the corridor...
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by MikeofAfrica: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
Greystone:

Exactly.
The fertility rate among poor people is alarming.
No money to afford the basic necessities of life but they will just be knacking themselves continuously and churning out children.
Then their children can’t go to good schools, end up with menial jobs, some get pregnant or get girls pregnant, some go into criminal activities/ prostitution and the poverty cycle continues to the next generation.

The issue is that many poor people play lotto with procreation. I once met a poor man with 7 kids ( 5 boys, 2 girls) and he confided in me that he is confident that at least one of his five sons will be successful in life even if he did not send them to school.
Hence for a poor man with such mentality, the more kids that he have, the more his chance of producing the next Dangote.
It is really pathetic but poverty has made many people to reason like animals.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by general111(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
mmsen:

You shouldn't have five children in the first place. Every child you have is essentially a mortgage. One that most can ill afford, financially or with regards to time.
am done here
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
MufasaLion:

Making money is not by hard work especially in this part of the country.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by MikeofAfrica: 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2022
Aladdin1:
Its not by their choice i assure you.rather its because of poverty and the condition they found themselves.when i did the job of a census enumerator during the last census that was done in nigeria several years ago.i met a man who had eleven children and was living in a one room apartment with his wife and all his children.you can imagine the degree of poverty that family have suffered and seen.and it would not be an unusual occurance for the children to have seen and heard their parents having sex.rather it would be a reoccuring decimal in the equation of their squalor ridden existence.

It is not an issue when a person is born into poverty. However it is an issue when such a person accepts poverty as his fate.
Many poor Nigerians have accept poverty as their fate. Any poor man with eleven kids is simply enjoying his poverty.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by SmartyPants(m): 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
Blaqputin:

Ur mama nah slow poke, ode

Nope cheesy my mom is a highly accomplished African queen.

How about your mother? Judging by the deranged thing she produced, safe to say she was the village harlot, wasn't she?
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by MikeofAfrica: 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
general111:
it is not every hardworking person that is comfortable my brother.Being Hard working, does not mean you will be successful..
Poverty is the root cause of discomfort.

Being hard working is one of the many factors that will make a poor person to become Successful. Many hard working people are poor because only hard work cannot terminate poverty.
However some poor people are not making any effort to come out of poverty. These are the category of people that give birth to many kids because they do not have any future ambition.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by khadaffi(m): 6:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
Mindlog:

Marriage is practical and I know what it is! cheesy If they cope well sleeping away from you when they visit relatives, does that not give you an insight?

I didn't say they don't cope well when they sleep alone. If you read what I wrote you will see where I said they slept on their room before I changed strategy. Don't worry, from the way you sound you don't have a child. You are still talking based on what you read. Like I said when you start a family you will see how what you're saying isn't practicable. Even Bishop Oyedepo once advised against sleeping in different rooms with your kids. Now look at an example of something that happened one day. There was a little hole in the net in my passage. My room is opposite my children's room. Somehow a bat squeezed itself through that hole and started flying around the passage. By now there was no power the passage was dark but there was a lamp in my kids room and a torch. At about 2am or thereabouts my son woke up to poop. He had to pass through the passage to the toilet. He saw the bat flying around and ran back to his room, shut the door and was calling for me and my wife. We had shut our door and was asleep. He kept on calling and calling till his sister also woke and joined in calling. When he could no longer hold it he had to poop in the room. I later woke around 3 or 4 and killed the bat and woke my wife to start cleaning up the mess. Do you think I was happy? Events like these always come up when you have kids at home. I just thank God it was not something that would take their life. That is how I would have woke to hear a different story
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by bonnyhope: 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2022
MufasaLion:

Sometimes, it is not by work

People work hard but still not comfortable
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Blaqputin(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2022
SmartyPants:

Nope cheesy my mom is a highly accomplished African queen.

How about your mother? Judging by the deranged thing she produced, safe to say she was the village harlot, wasn't she?
First and foremost foolish people tend to call themselves smart, but smarty-pants, it takes a full time fool to not know the meaning of a name they pick to ansa, like mother like child, foolish people forming smart......ashawo mama wey u dey call African queen, God punish ur papa join.....mumu family
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by edunaragold(f): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
ITbomb:
. 500+ like that means many people are living in one room o
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by faceland: 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
even if you are sharing (due to poverty), you can't do the act with the kids around.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by DeGLORIOUS: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2022
Slynation:
Use your head, they said the same room and not the same bed...So common sense should tell you she's sleeping on the floor
whichever way, are they not making some movement that could wake up somebody? Na wa for you o
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by SmartyPants(m): 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2022
Blaqputin:

First and foremost foolish people tend to call themselves smart, but smarty-pants, it takes a full time fool to not know the meaning of a name they pick to ansa, like mother like child, foolish people forming smart......ashawo mama wey u dey call African queen, God punish ur papa join.....mumu family

I said it.

cheesy Mama must be over 50 by now? Still spreading her legs for drunk villagers to have their way?

Damn.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by vicfajeze: 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2022
MufasaLion:

Yes, I've seen a year old child. Such child can have his/her personal room and a baby monitor with camera can be installed in such room.

Millions of people do this always!
Taboo in d NORTH!!!
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Slynation(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
DeGLORIOUS:
whichever way, are they not making some movement that could wake up somebody? Na wa for you o
when I was 8years old, I usually doze off as early as 9pm on the couch and they would wake me up around 5:30am on the bed...

Who took me there, I don't know and I don't care...
If they like let them be shouting, I won't wake, because at such age, I gat no stress nor worries... That is how it is for every child, except the ones that has plans to fly around 12am...
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by jclassiq(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Do you think it's ok for parents to share same
bed room with their kids?

I was shocked to my bone marrow when a little girl of eight was telling me of what happens between her parents at night simply because she share the same room with them.

I can't explain but I can assure parents that sharing the same bed room with their kids is not too good.
Are you suggesting they make the kids sleep outside or they should vacate the room for the kids? I don't get.
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by Blaqputin(m): 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2022
SmartyPants:

I said it.

cheesy Mama must be over 50 by now? Still spreading her legs for drunk villagers to have their way?

Damn.
Instead of u to take corrections you are following the path of stubbornness ur mum took to birth a reprobate bastard like urself.
Heed to instructions or ye shall all likewise perish.....
Hope say she no lay unah plenty, dnt need more of her kind....old and stupid hag
Re: Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? by SmartyPants(m): 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
Blaqputin:

Instead of u to take corrections you are following the path of stubbornness ur mum took to birth a reprobate bastard like urself.
Heed to instructions or ye shall all likewise perish.....
Hope say she no lay unah plenty, dnt need more of her kind....old and stupid hag

Just beg your mama to rest o.

cheesy

On behalf of the community. We are begging sir. Old age doesnt fit harlotry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Disfigured By Her Husband, Says She Still Loves Him. Photo / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon / Frustrated With My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.