Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History (13585 Views)

Buhari To Commission The J Randle Center For Yoruba Culture And History Today / Video Of The Soon To Be Completed J Randle Centre In Lagos / LASG Assures Lagosians Of Speedy Completion Of J. Randle Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Kudos to sanwo-olu cool

If Tinubu was obedient enough during when he was a Lagos state governor.

All this would have been in existence

But he focuses more on promoting agboros association during his tenure tongue

If Obi had used the money he kept in his banks of interest to build airport maybe Obiano wouldn't have spent that much
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by newnigerdelta00: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/mr_jags/status/1575518358409474048?s=46&t=hkxB7k5rlDgSkLYIymHyOw

Obi show us wetin your boy dey do for Anambra state,see Tinubu boy hand work ...

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by newnigerdelta00: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2022
Pohitoo:
The absence of Bola Tinubu at the NBA conference last month and the Peace Accord signing today should be a huge concern to Nigerians ahead of the 2023 elections. With the current problems facing Nigeria, Nigeria needs a leader that is available/accessible. Not leadership by proxy

Common get out
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by 2Radii: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2022
kayperry:

You people are wicked, igbos contributed there hard earn money to build lagos, lagos is no man's land yet the Govt only promote yoruba culture & festivals.
my own is lets not forget igbos BUILD lagos there culture & tradition should have being dominant, make una fear God.
Lol, why didn't u built Ur region, why are u building another man's region.. why??

Ur region never chop belleful u dey built another man's region...ok na

Oya Goan make Ur culture be the dominant one in Lagos na, Oro oponu.

Wait...I think u re bn sacarstic...if this is sarcasm then sorry ooh

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by 2Radii: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2022
kayperry:

How does that change the fact that Igbos build lagos, if not for igbos will lagos have seaport & airport ... undecided
Igbos funded Jakande housing project in lagos

igbos are the highest employer of labour in Lagos

Remove Alaba & Ladipo remitted funds from Lagos IGR, lagos state govt will liquidate

Igbos were the 1st to settle in lagos but they went to check something in the East before they returned yorubas took there rightful land.

Go n Verify undecided #TakeLagosBack
Sorry bro, someone must be a slave

In this case, pls let the baboon work, make monkey dey chop grin no cry grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by Lanretoye(m): 10:26am On Sep 30, 2022
Moymoy:

This infantile reasoning has got to stop. Tribalism is what gave birth to terrorism and the degenerate society we see today. Be great for you and everyone else. Don't stay in the gutter celebrating another's poor fortune.
talk to your brothers let them get sense,lagos cannot harbor you and you still talk shit about Lagos.if anambra was better majority of them won't be in lagos.if they refuse to appreciate the environment,culture and the people,they will never know peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by GoodLife4live: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2022
kayperry:

You people are wicked, igbos contributed there hard earn money to build lagos, lagos is no man's land yet the Govt only promote yoruba culture & festivals.
my own is lets not forget igbos BUILD lagos there culture & tradition should have being dominant, make una fear God.

Carry your contribution go alaigbo.. who sent you ?

Your suffer head anambranians wey obi don eat their destiny need your contribution more

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by kingkenny06(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2022
Nice initiative by Lagos state government. Kudos to the pure indigenous construction company in charge of the project CONSTRUCTION KAISER LIMITED, indeed , Nigerians companies are competent and can deliver world class standard .
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by OceanRed(m): 10:58am On Sep 30, 2022
kayperry:

How does that change the fact that Igbos build lagos, if not for igbos will lagos have seaport & airport ... undecided
Igbos funded Jakande housing project in lagos

igbos are the highest employer of labour in Lagos

Remove Alaba & Ladipo remitted funds from Lagos IGR, lagos state govt will liquidate

Igbos were the 1st to settle in lagos but they went to check something in the East before they returned yorubas took there rightful land.

Go n Verify undecided #TakeLagosBack
if you actualy mean this statement of yours ,with all honesty you need your head checked and examined. who asked the igbos the igbos to come to lagos ? why cant they develop their own region and contribute IGR there? Yorubas have been doing well in lagos before the formtion of nigeria as a country same as pre independence era till date. igbos are slave now lagos and it will continue to be
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by christistruth01: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2022
Only a Bad Belle Person would say
Gov Sanwo Olu is not trying
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by LIGHTROOM: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
Wickedtruths:

Your generations will beg to hawk gala in that place and we won't allow them.

He pain am
Truth is really wicked
If Hawking pure water and gala is what the governor used to empower your entire generation, good for. After all you were born to suffer. You've always been slave to poverty

As for me and my house, we are going well in edo.
Remember that Edo know be Lagos.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by clothingonline(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2022
Good to see
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by Echoban: 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2022
LIGHTROOM:
Hand bag governor

Be delivering devidence of democracy more than those who aren't handbag. wink
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by t2luv1: 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Majesty2:
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Nigeria

what does Yoruba culture have to do with studying STEM? People you live the culture every day I don't need any government to teach me that. Build a center that teaches people modern science and technology please
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by Basic123: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
wwwihy:

IPOB BUREAU OF STATISTICS
You remind me of good old days grin

IPOB BUREAU OF STATISTICS grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by AngelaInteriorz: 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/mr_jags/status/1575518358409474048?s=46&t=hkxB7k5rlDgSkLYIymHyOw

The only problem I have is the lack of maintenance. Give Nigeria structures a few years and you go back and you see how derelict the structures have become.

That's my problem with Nigeria.
We build but do not maintain.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by 9jaRealist: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

MostImportant:
Nice design.

Thanks to AMBODE…
He really had an eye for aesthetic quality and LIVABILITY infrastructure.

Kudos to Sanwo-Olu for continuity…
But the aesthetics of Ambode’s projects are better (see Oshodi Interchange).
>
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by adefitim(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
Cry go plenty for the comment section by people of hate region
Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by texas1990(m): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Kudos to sanwo-olu cool

If Tinubu was obedient enough during when he was a Lagos state governor.

All this would have been in existence

But he focuses more on promoting agboros association during his tenure tongue
see this escaped E-goat from zoobiafraud republic, give us the picture of what ur Lord Obidient did when he was governor of ur state, this our land u must leave by fire by force mumu.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by AlphaTaikun: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

That's awesome! There should be 5G or Satellite high-speed internet for e-learning, video conferencing with the Diaspora, and eatery there to make it sustainable like other major successful models around the
world.

The history and heroic exploits of many Yoruba Diasporans in Brazil, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Sierra Leone, Trinidad and Tobago, Haiti, Guyana, Jamaica, USA, etc, have to be told to the world. "From slave ships to victory."

Yorubas in the Diaspora who lived in the 1800s such as the enslaved Egba prince, Scipio Vaughan of South Carolina and the very moving story and inspiring successes of his direct descendants in the American
and Nigerian family branches who still meet till today since 1805 when their Yoruba patriach (Scipio Vaughan) was first brought to the Southern Carolina area on a slave ship via Badagry, Nigeria. He passed on
in 1840.

Two of his only sons later migrated from South Carolina, U.S.A in 1852 to Liberia, and finally arrived in Yorubaland, Nigeria in 1854. The Vaughan family of Abeokuta and Lagos evolved from these 2 men born to
a freed Yoruba father and a mother of Native-American descent.

2. Orishatukeh Faduma, a reknowned educator born in British Guyana in 1857 to Egba-Yoruba parents from Nigeria (who were freed from a slave ship by the British Navy Squadron), was an 1895 Yale Divinity School Uni graduate who had earlier earned a University degree in England before migrating to the U.S. in 1890 from Sierra Leone for further studies.

Professor Orishatukeh became an American citizen (Nigerian-American of Yoruba ancestry) in the late 1890s and died in 1946 at North Point in North Carolina, USA, where he lived with Henrietta his African-American wife who he was married to for nearly 50 years.

Many of America's top black military and Civil Rights Movement advocates were taught by him!

3. Pa. Orlando Martins was a Yoruba movie actor who starred alongside the former U.S. President Ronald Reagan in the 1950s. He was the first Nigerian to ever act in a Hollywood film and he passed on in 1985
and was buried on Lagos Island. I remember that President Reagan sent his condolences.

I'll be willing to share more rare historic pictures from the 1800s and deep insights gathered by me over many years of personal studies and genealogy or ancestry DNA research with the J. Randle Centre in
Lagos to make it a great international hub of Yoruba and African history.

These folks must never be forgotten in history!

Eko o ni baje.

Cc: Sukkot.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by sukkot: 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

That's awesome! There should be 5G or Satellite high-speed internet for e-learning, video conferencing with the Diaspora, and eatery there to make it sustainable like other major successful models around the
world.

The history and heroic exploits of many Yoruba Diasporans in Brazil, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Sierra Leone, Trinidad and Tobago, Haiti, Guyana, Jamaica, USA, etc, have to be told to the world. "From slave ships to victory."

Yorubas in the Diaspora who lived in the 1800s such as the enslaved Egba prince, Scipio Vaughan of South Carolina and the very moving story and inspiring successes of his direct descendants in the American
and Nigerian family branches who still meet till today since 1805 when their Yoruba patriach (Scipio Vaughan) was first brought to the Southern Carolina area on a slave ship via Badagry, Nigeria. He passed on
in 1840.

Two of his only sons later migrated from South Carolina, U.S.A in 1852 to Liberia, and finally arrived in Yorubaland, Nigeria in 1854. The Vaughan family of Abeokuta and Lagos evolved from these 2 men born to
a freed Yoruba father and a mother of Native-American descent.

2. Orishatukeh Faduma, a reknowned educator born in British Guyana in 1857 to Egba-Yoruba parents from Nigeria (who were freed from a slave ship by the British Navy Squadron), was an 1895 Yale Divinity School Uni graduate who had earlier earned a University degree in England before migrating to the U.S. in 1890 from Sierra Leone for further studies.

Professor Orishatukeh became an American citizen (Nigerian-American of Yoruba ancestry) in the late 1890s and died in 1946 at North Point in North Carolina, USA, where he lived with Henrietta his African-American wife who he was married to for nearly 50 years.

Many of America's top black military and Civil Rights Movement advocates were taught by him!

3. Pa. Orlando Martins was a Yoruba movie actor who starred alongside the former U.S. President Ronald Reagan in the 1950s. He was the first Nigerian to ever act in a Hollywood film and he passed on in 1985
and was buried on Lagos Island. I remember that President Reagan sent his condolences.

I'll be willing to share more rare historic pictures from the 1800s and deep insights gathered by me over many years of personal studies and genealogy or ancestry DNA research with the J. Randle Centre in
Lagos to make it a great international hub of Yoruba and African history.

These folks must never be forgotten in history!

Eko o ni baje.

Cc: Sukkot.
this is some powerful stuff chief. truly powerful. i follow this african american chap on youtube who is obsessed with nigeria and comes to nigeria a lot and it is from this guy that i first heard about the story of the Vaughn family. amazing stuff. in fact i know a couple of Vaughns from my days at university of ife and in fact the great fashion designer based i believe in yaba was a descendant. his name is DAKOVA AKA DAVID KOLAWOLE VAUGHN. amazing stuff bro. kudos. it is appreciated. the wisdom that is grin grin attached is a picture of DAKOVA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Of J Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture & History by AlphaTaikun: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2022
sukkot:
this is some powerful stuff chief. truly powerful. i follow this african american chap on youtube who is obsessed with nigeria and comes to nigeria a lot and it is from this guy that i first heard about the story of the Vaughn family. amazing stuff. in fact i know a couple of Vaughns from my days at university of ife and in fact the great fashion designer based i believe in yaba was a descendant. his name is DAKOVA AKA DAVID KOLAWOLE VAUGHN. amazing stuff bro. kudos. it is appreciated. the wisdom that is grin grin attached is a picture of DAKOVA
@Sukkot, how's it going? Thanks for adding more meat to my post. I got the inner nudge to quote you because you are well-travelled and would be receptive to these kinds of historical info. Much respect!

Wow! I would love to know the
African-American guy on YouTube that you talked about. Kindly send me his name so that I can search for his videos on YouTube because I'm a world history and genealogy buff.

A couple of African-Americans and Caribbean folks have even used the DNA testing services of Dr. Rick Kittles' AfricanAncestry(.com) to trace their direct paternal and maternal lineages to Yorubaland.

1. Mr. Sam Ford, a top U.S. TV news personality who first visited Nigeria in the 2000s to do a series of documentaries on his Yoruba lineage (done via DNA testing) based on a genetic marker that is
found in Yoruba men. He visited
Lagos, Badagry, Ibadan, and Ile-Ife. The visit was shown on the U.S. TV
station where he worked.

2. The well-known Judge Glenda Hatchett also had her maternal line traced to Yorubaland.

3. Quad Webb of the TV talk show "Sister Circle Live" also had her maternal lineage revealed live on the talk show to Yorubaland.

Yeah, DAKOVA was in the Yaba area from back in the 1980s (when the now dollar Billionaire oil magnate, Mrs. Folorunso Alakija also established her hugely popular "Supreme Stitches in Ikeja) to the 2000s.

All the Vaughans in Yorubaland are connected originally to Egbaland.

Burrel Vaughan who came from the
U.S. to Nigeria in 1854 with his older brother, had to leave
Abeokuta for Ebute-Meta in Lagos because of the expulsion of all
Abeokuta Christians by the Egba chiefs who were angry and felt the British (who had not yet colonised the rest of Yorubaland), were undermining their military attempts to gain access to lucrative trade routes to the sea via Ijebu territory.

Ebute-Meta was settled in very large numbers by the Egba-Yoruba Christians so it became an Egba enclave in the 1800s till now.
Burrell Vaughan and his older brother who came from the U.S. (at the prompting of their dying Egba father) were successfully integrated into the Lagos elite life and became wealthy folks in the 1800s while still maintaining contact with the rest of the family consisting of their 7 biological sisters, and mother in South Carolina.

Cheers.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff: Textile Union Joins Strike / Akinwonmi Set To Preside As PDP Caucus Meeting Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.