Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Do I Really Need Nipr Certification N What Are The Pros Of Having It? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do I Really Need Nipr Certification N What Are The Pros Of Having It? (3501 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Government Jobs / Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? / Nipr / Beec Exam Training In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Really Need Nipr Certification N What Are The Pros Of Having It? by kayspice: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2011
Hi everyone, im into communications and media and currently work at a magazine. Looking to having some sort of certification as i didnt study this in the University. Someone advised NIPR but i wouldnt know if that is really the way to go as i dont just want to get a certification just for the fun of it. Want it to be relevant to what i am doing now. Anyone gat any advice for me and would appreciate those who have done it or are currently doing it to drop a few lines too, Tanx a lot
Re: Do I Really Need Nipr Certification N What Are The Pros Of Having It? by yamakuza: 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
According to NIPR, u need to be their member to practice PR in Nigeria.

Since you just work at a magazine, your job might not be fully PR so your options are open, APCON inclusive.

Should you decide to pursue a career in PR fully, there are many routes to gaining NIPR membership, some of which include CIPR, CAM and other certs listed on www.nipr-ng.org/mCriteria.html .

What did you study and what are your future career goals?
Re: Do I Really Need Nipr Certification N What Are The Pros Of Having It? by yamakuza: 4:04am On Aug 16, 2011
The CAM Diploma issued by CIM UK will get you into both NIPR and APCON.

If cost is a factor, you might consider an NIJ Diploma route into APCON.

If you want a pure PR solution, the BEEC diploma in PR will get you into NIPR and last stage of CIPR UK.

The NIPR diploma gets you into NIPR and PG schools in Nigeria.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_relations

www.bls.gov/oco/ocos086.htm

www.apcon-ng.org/index2.php?page=careers

www.cim.co.uk/tandq/qualifications/qualificationDetails/camdiploma.aspx

www.careerchangeability.com/lawyers/articles/careertransitionprocess.html

www.google.com/m?q=public+relations+career+for+lawyers
Re: Do I Really Need Nipr Certification N What Are The Pros Of Having It? by kayspice: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
Thank you soooo much Yamakuza, im really grateful. Your comments are appreciated and your links were really useful. Thanks a lot. I actually am a lawyer but not willing to continue in that line and so i opted for creative writing in a magazine and now i really want to make a career of my writing and communications skill. Yeah, i have checked out the links and i found them helpful and i think im really settling down to Public realtions. It would still allow me write and put my skills to use. However im not too sure if i can still register for the December exam or if there is an International body i can belong to alongside the Nigerian body. Anyone with info on the forthcoming December exams would be appreciated too. Thanks once again Yamakuza!
Re: Do I Really Need Nipr Certification N What Are The Pros Of Having It? by yamakuza: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2011
You can still register for the december exams.

Which route do you want to take?

Locally, the BEEC route gets you into NIPR and CIPR UK.

Internationally, CIM UK seems the best option.

Theres also the IABC.

All the best!
Re: Do I Really Need Nipr Certification N What Are The Pros Of Having It? by erne: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2016
Enhance Your Career with A Professional Certificate in PUBLIC RELATIONS!

Public Relations Lectures Towards BSC / MSC / NYSC CERTIFICATION

SYMMETRIC PR & ADVERTISING is seeking for candidates to enroll in for the NIPR/BEEC Professional Certificate in PUBLIC RELATIONS. The Course is Based in Nigeria and After The Course, Participants Are Awarded Certificates By The Relevant Professional Bodies; NIPR/BEEC.

BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME/CERTIFICATE
(i) B.Sc Equivalent.
(ii) NYSC Exemption Letter.
(iii) Further Studies in Nigerian/Foreign Universities.
(iv) Exhibition of New PR Competences.
(v) Ability to Work in any Industry
(vi) In-depth Understanding of The PR Function.
(vii) Qualifies You For B.Sc, PGD, M.Sc admission

EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates with SSCE / GCE / OND / NCE / HND / BSC or other qualifications are encouraged to enroll for this course.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested candidates should contact: 08139458588

ENQUIRIES
Tel: 08139458588

(1) (Reply)

I Make N25,000 Daily Selling Shawarma’ / Are U An Engineering, URP Or Archi Nd U Interested In Learning Autocad / P&g Reasoning Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.