Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? (74092 Views)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / Bird I Caught This Morning In My Compound In Abia / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by worksmart(m): 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
I do not have an issue with the neighbour cutting his banana and taking it all, but he should also sweep up any leaves and debris that results from his harvesting it.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by pezin(m): 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Mhen i will buy groundnuts for easy consumption
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Monaboo(m): 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
It's not my banana so the owner can have it.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by abokikhalifa: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
bluebay:

Something like this has happened to us in my fathers compound back in 2002. After the man came into out compound to cut it off, he just said thank you and left with the plaintain .

Why did you let such man into your compound ?
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by tafat: 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
It's yours to eat na, shey na you go dey sweep the leaves wey dey fall too? cheesy

Meanwhile check this new Oraimo rock earbuds out, the sound output is superb.

Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by brownbib(m): 12:09am On Oct 01, 2022
All of us!
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 01, 2022
Moh247:
cool

No am not , but anything on my property won't leave my property without me getting a fair share

Leaning towards one's property is different from being on one's property.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Philipmaxwell: 12:14am On Oct 01, 2022
duro4chang:
Which section of the law?

Read about the law of tort
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 01, 2022
bluebay:

Something like this has happened to us in my fathers compound back in 2002. After the man came into out compound to cut it off, he just said thank you and left with the plaintain .

Before Nko grin grin grin
He said thank you which is all that was required of him to do.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by sonofthunder: 12:38am On Oct 01, 2022
bluebay:

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by OptimistZeus(m): 2:05am On Oct 01, 2022
Quid quid maxim applies
Elmojiid:
The banana trespass and encroach onto my compound by my own law it's mine
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by trashhub: 2:51am On Oct 01, 2022
WE ARE INTRESTED IN BUYING pet BOTTLES FROM ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO BUYING 2000TONS OF pet bottle ON MONTHLY BASIS FROM ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA,

CALL OR DM ME NOW WHATSAPP 09097984497
For enquiries: trashhubng@gmail.com

Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by toprealman: 3:51am On Oct 01, 2022
obembet:
I believe we still have many good Nigerians who can judge this matter

If Banana grows like this and enter your compound, are you the owner or your neighbor?
This can be funny as it has both traditional and legal implications.
If your lawyer can prove you own the air right, it is yours.
If the claimant (either state/farmer) can prove you only own the land not air right, you can be prosecuted since the root is not planted in your land.
It the farmer/owner is fetish and you have no back up.....sorry!
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Laughingkk: 4:09am On Oct 01, 2022
Kyase:
Arrest and persecute

The thing don cross borders
So you know the rest

Sunday ogboho go explain better
What if the banana was planted in your compound and the bunch is outside your fence....will you conclude it's for the public?
Talk true o
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by KensonAbule(m): 5:05am On Oct 01, 2022
The fruit is mine, while the stem and leaves are for the owner
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by mashad(m): 5:55am On Oct 01, 2022
Shawl001:
Did you plant it?
Is the root established on your soil?
If No, then you are not the owner pls.

It is leaning on my fence.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by 927adekola: 6:48am On Oct 01, 2022
The owner of the banana suppose to give the other guy some of the banana when ripe. That is courtesy.The owner of the banana suppose to give the other guy some of the banana when ripe. That is courtesy....
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Greenfaces: 7:16am On Oct 01, 2022
GiveYourBest:
It doesn't make you the owner. Allow the real owner harvest it and may be share you a portion.
by emotions it belongs to the actual owner. But by law, your property and whatever is in your property belongs to you. And that is why you won't call the owner into your compound to sweep the leaves that fall from it
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Kyase(m): 7:42am On Oct 01, 2022
Laughingkk:

What if the banana was planted in your compound and the bunch is outside your fence....will you conclude it's for the public?
Talk true o

Yes
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by duro4chang(m): 8:15am On Oct 01, 2022
Philipmaxwell:

Read about the law of tort
What is law of tort?
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by obyikye(f): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2022
Same thing is happening in my compound as we speak but mine is plantain. That the plantain is tilted towards my fence doesn't make me the owner please.

1 Like

Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by phemmyfour: 8:59am On Oct 01, 2022
obembet:
I believe we still have many good Nigerians who can judge this matter

If Banana grows like this and enter your compound, are you the owner or your neighbor?
Cut it and present it to my neighbor
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by emanobis(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2022
It is still not mine
One day the owner will definitely come looking for it
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by GodisFirst: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2022
Just let it mature very well and start ripening, then call the owners attention. I am sure the owner cannot harvest it without giving you some. With this you have become a good friend and will be getting more in future even when it didn't enter your compound.
Sometimes, good deeds are investments.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by DOM7: 10:18am On Oct 01, 2022
What if I refuse to open my gate for the harvest?
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Kc111(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2022
Banana like this, if is not ripe is not my but when is ripe is my grin grin grin
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2022
God has provided.
It is written that he wil always supply needs.
My broda do justice pls.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by ToniBlaize: 11:19am On Oct 01, 2022
Happened to me back in 2016.. i cut am oo.. i no send anybody!
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Ushieig90: 11:48am On Oct 01, 2022
hmmmm
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Ushieig90: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2022
this mata strong diee becos me and the owner go fight reach station. i swear i go cut some take fry chop pap.i go cut the remaining throw inside the next compund
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Streett: 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2022
I’m coping 40% off that….

Fair enough or no deal

1 Like

Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Stone24: 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
Sharing formula

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos) / Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction / Obasanjo Inspects His Yam And Maize Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.