Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et (49646 Views)

Burkina Faso's 34-Year-Old Leader Traore Is Most Handsome President In The World / Russia President Putin Meets Burkina Faso Leader, Traore / Guinea: Conde Detained As Government Is Dissolved In Coup (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by lhordspy: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Your silly opinion is to state that a tribe is hated by everybody in Nigeria?

Your contribution is to insult a tribe and call them haters right?

You tried. Clap for yourself undecided

I know the truth hurts so badly, but that wasnt just a mere tuth. It was a factual one.

You should think about it and make amendment instead of getting angry.
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by Realguyman1(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2022
Kasssandra:
]

I just used him as an example. In 1995, Saro wiwa, who called for nothing other than justice...was murdered by the millitary. Note, the guy did not call for secession or anything close to that.

That means you don't want development. You don;t want better government. You just want the army in charge because your side did not win elections.
Face the truth.

Me, I can say that civillan rule is awful, and I am just as angry as you are. But army rule was worse in many ways you won;t like. At least I can blast government here on this site. It won't have been possible under army rule. If they could close down newspapers arbitrialy for anti-government sedition ie plain criticism of government, why not this site?

Work hard on your democracy. All those countries you admire....like UK, US, France...were all as backward and even corrupt (UP TO buying elections and suchforth) as Nigeria once upon a time. They worked hard and still work on their democracy...and that;s a big part of why they are developed.

So we should bring back army because the naira depreciated ....at a slower rate.? Okay..

If you want the Naira to stop depreciating, then stop believeing that 2m barrels of oil a day can sustain a nation of 200 million people...then we can talk.

Official market. Parallel market...it was N85=90. And it may have been higher. And the two tier system was brought in to facilitate round tripping and looting.

Also, our forex needs have balloned since the army left in part because of our growing population, and our need for more consumer electorinics, and imported fuel (thanks to army imposed subsides, we are importing fuel by the ton...because the subsides wrecked our refineries and added corruption and mess ). ...so the more forex we send out to import stuff...the worse our naira gets.
MNK is not speaking for the entire Nigeria but only himself and for the Igbo people, so don't use him as an example, because e nor follow road at all. And at the bolded bro, which one be my side didn't not win an election? Did I told you I have any body contesting for any political office in Nigeria? Or are you talking about my State or region? Because if u are talking about State, there have not been any serious person from my State who ever contested the presidential election. So why will I now be angry because someone from my State didn't win the president sit?

And if u are talking about region, Goodluck is from my region and he has won presidential election before. So which one is now I'm only angry because someone from my side didn't win an election?

And back to the topic, don't compare Nigeria to America, Uk or France at all. Because even if it was the military that has been governing those countries, they will still be what they are today because the citizens of those country be it military personnels or civilians were all ready right from day one to build their country and not because they have civilian government.

And u said I don't want development by saying that the military can continue with the government. Let me as u this question. All the years of military rule in Nigeria was just about 29yrs and most Nigerians then said that the military rule yielded nothing good for the country despite the development especially on the construction sections that we all see then. And now, the civilian government has rule Nigeria for straight 23 now without the military intervention, so what's now the difference between the military rule and the civilian government now?

Do you know the kind of serious work Gowon who was military president did then after the Nigeria civil war? Do you think Nigeria would have easily come up again if it was all this nonsense we are having now as government, that was in charge then?

Bro democracy is not design for Africans, because most Africans are greedy and are only after their own interests be it civilian or military.
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by phemmyfour: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2022
Creamypie:
So coup still dey in vogue for Africa? A young buhari in military of 1984 can't take 5% of nonsense of buhari as civilian president today
African leaders n coup are 5&6
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by manmade(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2022
lhordspy:
Coup everywhere in Africa...

And little time now we will see the head of states converging and convening together for one useless Africa Union (AU) meeting. What is the use of such Union, when things are falling apart everyday. The whole of Africa countries are almost engulfed in coup.

This will surely set doom for democracy in Africa. Other country military will feel motivated by the successes recorded in those coup.

Reason why we need to have a very strong leader, that appeal to everyone, be it muslim or christians. Generally accepted in all corners and regions of Nigeria, north especially because they are the ones that controls the military.

Imagine someone like Obi as Nigeria president, a man whose people are hated by virtually almost all other regions in Nigeria due to their envy and hatred for others. Especially the Northern part.
A man who started off by going from churches to churches instigating christians against the muslims. That a religious body like CAN have turned a political group, leaving the gospel preaching to antagonising other political parties at every little chances they have because they field a muslim vice candidate. Isnt that an invitation to religious war been instigated?

God abeg oo... It will be recipe for disaster.
it would not lead to disaster, if it didn't when the miyetti allah group of herdmen association turned itself to a political group leaving their cattle business to antagonized other political parties and regions at every little opportunity they had because they felt that one of their members and Grand Patron is the President, was it an invitation to religious or ethnic war then ? why do you now think it is ? Nigerian are
now more matured than the usual trick of religious bigotry and ethnic jingoism you guys always cling to when things are no longer going in your way , all the religious faithfuls in the country desired a better Nigeria not a country where only you and your the likes would be the only beneficiaries of the goodies and employment opportunities while the other people go hungry. your posts doesn't represent the interest of the people from the north or southern part of the country but of the few group of people that is benefiting from the status quo and now rattled by the emergence of peter obi.
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2022
worksmart:
And your evidence is?

And your evidence is?

Stop blaming the whites..we have to take responsibility for our problems
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2022
Realguyman1:
MNK is not speaking for the entire Nigeria but only himself and for the Igbo people, so don't use him as an example, because e nor follow road at all. And at the bolded bro, which one be my side didn't not win an election? Did I told you I have any body contesting for any political office in Nigeria? Or are you talking about my State or region? Because if u are talking about State, there have not been any serious person from my State who ever contested the presidential election. So why will I now be angry because someone from my State didn't win the president sit?

And if u are talking about region, Goodluck is from my region and he has won presidential election before. So which one is now I'm only angry because someone from my side didn't win an election?

Anger towards the system does not mean we should dismantle it.

If you want to change things really that bad, go and participate. Nzeogwu decided to use gun to remove the politicans...and yes they were very corrupt, and yes most people were poor and suffering...and it resulted in a civil war that we are still picking the pieces from up till today.

If Army does not work well...and it did not work well when we tried it...will you now argue for dismantling of army rule and replace it with anarchy? Rule by medicine man? Or what.

Democracy is the worst form of government...the others are even more worse.

And back to the topic, don't compare Nigeria to America, Uk or France at all. Because even if it was the military that has been governing those countries, they will still be what they are today because the citizens of those country be it military personnels or civilians were all ready right from day one to build their country and not because they have civilian government.

Nope, France, USA and America are developed because they realised selling their resources cannot provide them with income to sustain their growing populaitons...so they industrialized in essence. Not because they are special human beings (and stop looking down on yourself because you are black.).

Also because people were ready to sweat and participate in their democracy. Not like we Nigerians that won;t come out and vote for representatives and then complain when the rep does a bad job. When we sat down and did nothing.

And yes, their systems were very corrupt. Once upon a time, UK and France had corrupt systems. US elections included voter intimidation, denial of voting rights, bribery and special cheating. That it works better today is because people did the hard work of democracy. In Nigeria, we want someone to feed us ready made democracy, and once confronted with the hard work...we run crying to mama. We are not babies.

And u said I don't want development by saying that the military can continue with the government. Let me as u this question. All the years of military rule in Nigeria was just about 29yrs and most Nigerians then said that the military rule yielded nothing good for the country despite the development especially on the construction sections that we all see then. And now, the civilian government has rule Nigeria for straight 23 now without the military intervention, so what's now the difference between the military rule and the civilian government now?

Go on
Do you know the kind of serious work Gowon who was military president did then after the Nigeria civil war? Do you think Nigeria would have easily come up again if it was all this nonsense we are having now as government, that was in charge then?

Yeah, so what. He had to rebuild. That is what happens after war...you rebuild or you end up with more anarchy in a few years.

Plus civillian rule too has done a lot.

Finally, millitary or civillian, our problem is we run an economy that is resource dependent.

Again, army rule was very severe. Unless you want to go back to the days of summary trial, summary execution, summary violence, detention without trial for months, closure of media houses for months, freedom of speech curtailed....which I think you love. Well, I don't.

Bro democracy is not design for Africans, because most Africans are greedy and are only after their own interests be it civilian or military.

[/quote]

If you went back in time to 1932, you would have said the same thing about India, Korea, South Africa, even most South American countries. Mostly democracies which work today...because people...did the hard work.
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by worksmart(m): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2022
Instead of answering my question by providing the evidence that made you so sure France and western countries were not behind this latest coup you wrote this your response?
Clearly I am wasting my time debating with you.

I even feel that you may not even be black sef.
Kasssandra:

And your evidence is?

Stop blaming the whites..we have to take responsibility for our problems
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by Horus(m): 11:20am On Oct 01, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBg9ORs5Big

Burkina Faso military leader announces second coup for the year

A group of soldiers in Burkina Faso has carried out a coup, the second this year. A statement read out on national television says army captain Ibrahim Traore has deposed the military ruler Paul-Henri Damiba. The announcement capped a day that began with gunfire near a military camp in the capital Ouagadougou, an explosion near the presidential palace, and interruptions to state television programming. ​​​​
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 01, 2022
worksmart:
Instead of answering my question by providing the evidence that made you so sure France and western countries were not behind this latest coup you wrote this your response?
Clearly I am wasting my time debating with you.

I even feel that you may not even be black sef.

I can say the same about you.

Where is your evidence that france planned this coup?

We are not babies, we have brains.
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by NATOChairman: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2022
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by MeineMutter: 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2022
Massiveglory:
Nigeria soldiers pls remain in the barracks.
Peter obi -Datti ahmed are coming.
A new Nigeria that will bring us back to the path of the founding fathers is Coming.

Yinmu. The more you look; the less you see. Nigeria that is already in Mariana Trench.
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by Spaxon(f): 10:40am On Oct 02, 2022
CHRISSANCHEZ:

Hello,
You are pretty.
Your beauty is contagious.....

wink wink wink
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by ItswellMike: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2022
Is a pure lie from the pit of hell. Military coup works in some cases like Ghana..
Nigeria deserves another coup to eliminate this bad eggs
Kasssandra:
Coups do not work, and do not solve the problems they are meant to solve.

Several months ago, Burkina had a coup, and most of you Nairalanders were saying that we should have the same in Nigeria.

Well, in 1966, we had a coup. January that year. By July we had another coup. By January 1970, millions of people who welcomed the new year in 1966 were dead. DEAD. For nothing.

In 1983, they came again. Told us that Shagari was wrecking the economy...yet in one year, we were queueing up for food. When they came in, naira was less than N2 to one dollar, by 1999, it was N90 to one dollar...if not higher.

And yet on Nairaland, I see kids...yes kids...who were lucky to be born when we had democracy...calling for coup because they are mad that Buhari won in 2015.

How about people like me that are mad that since 1999, we have not gotten a great democratic government.? People like me that have never voted for PDP, or Buhari, or any major party since 2003, when I cast my first vote? Because we saw the same old people in those parties?

Yet, I don't want coup. Coup always leads to more problems.

Anyone calling for coup does not know how hellish it was. MNK that most of you like...if it was millitary ruling now, he would have long since shot him, and passed a decree and backdated it to cover his legal ass. And if any biafra supporter comes out, they would be gunned down in high numbers and detained in high numbers than what we have now. Same for oodua, same for even Boko Haram. There would be no freedom to protest, newspapers would be closed down, and they will pay you bad salaries, and you will dare not go on strike because...you would be jailed for protesting.

And coup always leads to more coups and more coups and more coups.

Better continue with democracy. It is hard work...but it is better than army rule. Army rule did not solve our problems, it did not make us a better country, it even wrecked the army...which it has not yet recovered from, and gave us wounds that we are still recovering from till today.

Sorry, but democracy is better.
Re: Burkina Faso: Constitution Suspended, Govt Dissolved. Traore Announces Coup D'et by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 02, 2022
ItswellMike:
Is a pure lie from the pit of hell. Military coup works in some cases like Ghana..
Nigeria deserves another coup to eliminate this bad eggs

Is Ghana producing high tech goods like lapotps, cars and so forth for export?

Is the cedi a reserve currency like the pound and dollar?

Wasn't there protests about poverty and stress in Ghana?
Ghana is as bad as we are..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Togolese Head Teacher Going To School Through Flooded Roads Goes Viral / Putin Signs Electronic Conscription Bill, to block those who intend to flee / Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.