Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. (547 Views)

Buhari Projects Amina Mohammed As Next Un’s Secretary-general / Dapo Abiodun: My Predecessor’s Housing Projects Are Now Miscreants’ Den / Jonathan Vs Buhari:projects Delivered So Far (Facts And Fictions)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2022
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/nigeria-62-sadly-buharis-prized-projects-are-gas-pipeline-rail-line-to-niger-republic-unagha/

NIGERIA @ 62: Sadly, Buhari’s prized projects are gas pipeline, rail line to Niger Republic — Unagha.

It will take another 20 yrs to bring back Nigeria from Buhari’s bad leadership

•FG, NNPCL chasing rainbows with pipeline surveillance contract.

By Emma Amaize, Regional Editor, South-South

ALL Progressives Congress, APC, 2019 Presidential Aspirant, who, recently, defected to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Mumakai Unagha, weekend, said the projects precious to President Muhammadu Buhari since he started contesting presidential elections in Nigeria, are the gas pipeline and rail line to the Niger Republic.

Unagha, a legal practitioner, who came down hard on the Federal Government and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPCL, in an interview with Saturday Vanguard, accused them of building a castle in the air with the multi-billion naira pipeline surveillance contracts, awarded, recently, in the Niger Delta.

The Urhobo activist said: “Buhari has not only destroyed the economy of this nation, but Nigeria is also more divided in his government. Above all, corruption has reached the most dangerous proportion. It will take the country another 20 years for the nation to be established because of the bad leadership of President Buhari.

“I believe the next President will be more responsive to move the country from the mess we found ourselves. All these years, President Buhari has been contesting elections; he has two major projects dear to his heart. They are the construction of the gas pipeline and rail line to the Niger Republic to satisfy his desire.

“Come May 29, 2023, when the President will hand over to his successor, Nigerians will celebrate, pour champagne to give thanks and glory to God,” he said.
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
For his pocket
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
I think Nigerians will indeed celebrate when Buhari leaves.

He has done some things well but the greatest nations have developed spectacularly by empowering the brightest, most patriotic and most innovative minds, wherever they are from and whatever race/religion identifies them, to shape society.

No honest Nigerian today can deny that Buhari is horribly biased and a President all progressive Nigerians wish to see the back of.

Those of us who backed him passionately feel distinct shame because second Niger bridge or Ebute Metta beautiful rail station does little to diminish the reality that Buhari has divided Nigeria horribly and deliberately, with open pro-Fulani bias, to the extent we now view each other with hatred, toxicity and suspicion.

No nation, regardless of Shiny edifices and infrastructure it displays , can build enduring and lasting success with a people who are disunited and at each other's throat.

For me, that is Buhari's negative legacy to Nigeria when it should have been a lot more that is positive, uniting and transformational.

Unagha is right that Nigerians will pop champagne when Buhari leaves. I certainly will.
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by Ttalk: 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2022
For some of us that are very keen and interested in the development of this country and voted Buhari based on his change mantra really felt disappointed.

I was disgusted with his comment of 5% at the early days of his administration, his inner believe that Fulani were marginalised and his low sense of attracting radical personalities like Pastor Tunde Bakare in place of people like Patanmi a fundamentalist shows his gross ineptitude and his average administrative capacity.

I watched with disappointment while the northern cabal drags the former Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun on a frivolous charges while protecting their big and useless appointees. All these are pointers to why his administration failed despite his genuine attempt to curb corruption and build infrastructure.

The likes of Fashola, Amaechi, PYO and some other brilliant ministers in his cabinets were made redundant while their ideas and innovation rotten in their brain.

Buhari is a mistake of the century. He failed despite his desires, his passion and his commitment to rescue the nation.

He is not just fit in and clueless with bright ideas to turn the nation around.

This is where Nigerians must watch carefully in 2023 while deciding who to vote.
I have watched the three major contestant and the only one we can try based on past record is Tinubu.

Peter Obi can best be described as MC ( Masters of Ceremony) based on his savings ideology and his elementary ideas of governance. He lacks the in-depth capacity to govern a dying country like Nigeria.

It would be a grave calamity to think where Madam Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla failed would be a place Obi would shine.

Atiku is just the the other side of Buhari, nothing good can come out of him.

May God help this nation
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2022
Ttalk:
For some of us that are very keen and interested in the development of this country and voted Buhari with based on change mantra really felt disappointed.

I was disgusted with his comment of 5% at the early days of his administration, his inner believe that Fulani were marginalised and his low sense of attracting radical personalities like Pastor Tunde Bakare in place of people like Patanmi a fundamentalist shows his gross ineptitude and his average administrative capacity.

I watched with disappointment while the northern cabal drags the former Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun on a frivolous charges while protecting their big and useless appointees. All these are pointers to why his administration failed despite his genuine attempt to curb corruption and build infrastructure.

The likes of Fashola, Amaechi, PYO and some other brilliant ministers in his cabinets were made redundant while their ideas and innovation rotten in their brain.

Buhari is a mistake of the century. He failed despite his desires, his passion and his commitment to rescue the nation.

This is where Nigerians must watch carefully in 2023 while deciding who to vote.
I have watched the three major contestant and the only one we can try based on past record is Tinubu.

Peter Obi can best be described as MC ( Masters of Ceremony) based on his savings ideology and his elementary ideas of governance. He lacks the in-depth capacity to govern a dying country like Nigeria.

It would be a grave calamity to think where Madam Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla failed would be a place Obi would shine.

May God help this nation

Incisive. I think the fundamental thinking guiding the actions of Buhari and those he surrounded himself with (like Daura, Pantami, Malami, kyari, Adamu etal) is the belief that Fulanis are marginalized and maltreated.

What has typified Buhari's use of power is the conviction of him and his cabal that the 'unfortunate' lot of Fulanis is the fault of the rest of us all.

They therefore rationalize abuse of power, in favour of Fulanis, to include those not even from Nigeria, as 'just' and divine. They do not feel they are doing wrong or that they owe the rest of us non-Fulanis anything.

Their conclusion then is that they must use ultimate power to redress this 'injustice' against Fulanis.

This is why Gumi etal can say and do what they wants while Igboho and Kanu must be hounded and hunted mercilessly.

Buhari could build the Nigerian equivalent of the Burj Khalifa but he would still be defined a huge failure because productive 'father of a nation' legacy is about uniting people, through leading then by example, to make all citizens productive tools of a nation's greatness whatever their ethnic, religious and sectional background.

Buhari divided Nigeria horribly along the most primordial lines that tends to cause egotistic wars, genocide, internecine strife, religious conflicts , ethnic cleansing, proliferation of child soldiers in civil conflict etc. In short everthing that will turn Nigeria into Sudan, Somalia or Afghanistan.

I may be wrong but I don't believe any of the candidates running, who can win, are as ethno-religiously chauvinistic as Buhari is

Nigerians need to choose wisely but I think we need to be cautiously happy that Buhari and his crew are leaving.
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by Ttalk: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

Incisive. I think the fundamental thinking guiding the actions of Buhari and those he surrounded himself with (like Daura, Pantami, Malami, kyari, Adamu etal) is the belief that Fulanis are marginalized and maltreated.

What has typified Buhari's use of power is the conviction of him and his cabal that the 'unfortunate' lot of Fulanis is the fault of the rest of us all.

They therefore rationalize abuse of power, in favour of Fulanis, to include those not even from Nigeria, as 'just' and divine. They do not feel they are doing wrong or that they owe the rest of us non-Fulanis anything.

Their conclusion then is that they must use ultimate power to redress this 'injustice' against Fulanis.

This is why Gumi etal can say and do what they wants while Igboho and Kanu must be hounded and hunted mercilessly.

Buhari could build the Nigerian equivalent of the Burj Khalifa but he would still be defined a huge failure because productive 'father of a nation' legacy is about uniting people, through leading then by example, to make all citizens productive tools of a nation's greatness whatever their ethnic, religious and sectional background.

Buhari divided Nigeria horribly along the most primordial lines that tends to cause egotistic wars, genocide, internecine strife, religious conflicts , ethnic cleansing, proliferation of child soldiers in civil conflict etc. In short everthing that will turn Nigeria into Sudan, Somalia or Afghanistan.

I may be wrong but I don't believe any of the candidates running, who can win, are as ethno-religiously chauvinistic as Buhari is

Nigerians need to choose wisely but I think we need to be cautiously happy that Buhari and his crew are leaving.

There's nothing that shows an Atiku president would be different. Choosing a leader goes beyond his personal ability. One should also look at the kind of people the candidate listen to, sadly Atiku doesn't have the inner caucus that have different ideology from that of Buhari. In short, Nigeria us in dare need of a leader in the mould of Mandella, Awolowo, Lee Kuan Yew
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 05, 2022
Ttalk:

There's nothing that shows an Atiku president would be different. Choosing a leader goes beyond his personal ability. One should also look at the kind of people the candidate listen to, sadly Atiku doesn't have the inner caucus that have different ideology from that of Buhari. In short, Nigeria us in dare need of a leader in the mould of Mandella, Awolowo, Lee Kuan Yew

Lol. I am not a fan of the Dubai candidate at all. In fact I think he is only after the legacy of being a Nigerian President.

He can't win and will not win.
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by ScamHunter: 3:49am On Oct 05, 2022
Funny country

The only thing holding the country together is gas and oil from the SE and SS zones. Remove the oil and gas, then remove the free money to steal, Tinubu and Atiku won't even be interested in contesting election.

The massive resources of the region is being looted tribe by Tribe. The Fulani have looted for 7 solid years via Buhari and even added debt to the country's baggage. Emilokan says its his turn to steal for his own tribe.

What's unfortunate is that no matter how much they steal in the name of their tribe, they steal only for themselves and their cronies and political associates. The rest of their tribesman just like the rest of Nigerians continue living in poverty. Broke pre2015 Buhari and family are now super rich.

The only way this country can make progress is if every tribe (not even state) every village control their resources. Otherwise, the looting and stealing by people who see the resources as others would continue wasting it. While their tribesmen applaud. Finally, the country may end up bankrupt like Venezuela with all its oil and yet wrecked by thieving ruling class.
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by SlavaUkraini: 3:54am On Oct 05, 2022
Because the Dullard from Katsina State Plans to retire in Niger republic when his tenure expires
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by Ogunleti01: 3:57am On Oct 05, 2022
Right from the day of subsidy protests in Lagos i knew this ApC miscreants are bunch of propagandists
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by ScamHunter: 4:07am On Oct 05, 2022
Ttalk:
For some of us that are very keen and interested in the development of this country and voted Buhari based on his change mantra really felt disappointed.

May God help this nation

A bigot on the loose. Please someone should cage this thing defending his bigotry. Hate for Jonathan made them vote a known bigot. You can see the same hate being extended for Obi while wailing that Fulani disgraced his tribesmen after helping Buhari to power. Once a bigot...
Re: NIGERIA @ 62: Buhari’s Projects Are Gas Pipeline, Rail Line To Niger Republic. by donleo92(m): 4:31am On Oct 05, 2022
hmm.. atleast him try!!

one idiot governor for the east celebrate say him build flyover for the whole eight years him spend for office

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is A Religious And Ethnic Bigot, Wants To Christianise Nigeria / How Tinubu Worked Against Ige’s Presidential Ambition In 1999 — Okunrounmu / More Lies From Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.