Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG (17934 Views)

APC Leading By Over 200k Votes As INEC Adjourns Collation Of Remaining 3 Kogi LG / Zulum: We Remain Optimistic About Rescue Of Remaining Chibok Girls / Atiku Relying On Body Cameras From His Agents To Beat Buhari In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Racoon(m): 6:31am On Oct 02, 2022
We Are Relying On God For Release Of Remaining 35 Kidnapped Train Passengers – Nigerian Government.

The Nigerian government has stated that it is relying on God as plans have been concluded to secure the release of the remaining 35 Kaduna-Abuja train passengers who were kidnapped by terrorists on March 28, 2022.

SaharaReporters had reported that terrorists attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train with more than 300 passengers onboard, killing eight and kidnapping 77 passengers while dozens were injured.So far, 42 of the victims have been released after millions of naira were paid as ransoms while 35 were still in the terrorists’ captivity.

But addressing journalists on the sidelines of the World Maritime Day, Thursday, the Minister of Transportation, Engr. Mu’azu Sambo, raised the hope of the families of the remaining abductees, assuring them that very soon they would regain their freedom.

According to Leadership report, the minister recalled that on his resumption day in office, the relatives of the victims blocked him from gaining access, hence he pledged that he would ensure the release of their loved ones.

He said, “I recall that on the first day of my resumption, I was going to resume, the families of the victims blocked the road to the office and I made the pledge before God and before them that all power lies with God but I will do everything within my powers to seek for secondary power from almighty God to get their relatives released and reunited with them.

“This will happen by the grace of God. I won’t say more than that. It will happen sooner than we expected and we all know that six months is a long time for loved ones to remain in such traumatic condition. All of us are believers in God and he knows whatever befalls his creation and it’s to him alone we ask for help.

“He has never failed when we ask him and I am so sure of that and I have no doubt in my mind and by the power God possesses, those who are still in captivity will soon be reunited with their families and like I told Nigerians, the live of one Nigerian is more important than the rail service we are providing, so I don’t want anyone to think of how much we are losing.”

According to him, serious efforts, which he could not elaborate on, were on to ensure that the victims of the unfortunate incident got reunited with their families.

Sambo also debunked recent media reports that the Federal Government was losing over N30billion as monthly revenue due the stoppage of train services on the Abuja-Kaduna route following the March 28 incident.
https://saharareporters.com/2022/09/30/we-are-relying-god-release-remaining-35-kidnapped-train-passengers-nigerian-government?s=09

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Itzurboi(m): 6:32am On Oct 02, 2022
Can you imagine wetin fg dey talk, shey no be ment be this... Nah this kind talk dey make God vex.

269 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Corridon: 6:33am On Oct 02, 2022
Failed country. After initially blaming God for his failures in the beginning of his inglorious administration Buhari is now relying on same God to do his work for him. Buhari really destroyed Nigeria.

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Racoon(m): 6:34am On Oct 02, 2022
Just imagine the kind of irresponsibility governance has become in Nigeria today especially under this useless regime. Why shifting your constitutional responsibility to God?

Is this what they would have been saying if it were their own selves, children or family members that were kidnapped? What have the citizens done to deserve this for goodness sake?

Meanwhile, they go about with armed-to-the-teeth security personnel for their own safety and protection right? Yet the safety of the hapless downtrodden citizens are now God’s concern?

The Nigerian Constitution is clear on the issue of security. It is govt exclusive responsibility hence it mandates that the security and safety of citizens shall be the primary role of government. So if the govt can no longer guarantee this, why not resign and allow God to take over the governance of Nigeria?

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Racoon(m): 6:34am On Oct 02, 2022
Itzurboi:
Can you imagine
Terrible Government I tell you. There is a reason the security agencies are authorised to bear arms to fight internal or external aggression but not in this government of terrorists and terrorist sympathizers.

What is the rationale for amnesty for bandits or terrorists if not more criminality? How many Fulani killers have been imprisoned or executed for all their bloodshed & killings? Atrocious and treasonable elements committing heinous crime against the state are being pampered while the beleaguered citizens continue to suffer.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by xpressionx(m): 6:37am On Oct 02, 2022
Clueless government.
If you ask them to exit the scene and give way to people who know what to do,they will refuse.
That is why we are Obidient

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Itzurboi(m): 6:39am On Oct 02, 2022
Racoon:
Terrible Government I tell you.
Nigeria is gone, events from 2023-mid 2025 will cement it...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Anigreat: 6:46am On Oct 02, 2022
shocked

The ugly BAT after knowing that he literally has nothing to say during campaign run as fast as he can to London. I want to hear what this fóolish people of APC will use and campaign. It's funny how APC is coming to correct the wrongs of APC.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by GardenOfGod(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2022
Do they share their loots with God? Or have they been paying God salary to make such a reckless statement.
This is an indictment on the part of Buhari and the National Assembly should have done the needful since last year. Pathetic!

6 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by DoYoung1: 6:53am On Oct 02, 2022

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Kalashnikov49: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2022
The Nigerian government has stated that it is relying on God as plans have been concluded to secure the release of the remaining 35 Kaduna-Abuja train passengers who were kidnapped by terrorists on March 28, 2022.

Just imagine... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by crossfm: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2022
Hehehe.

You are now relying on God to do your work,but you will rely on the people to vote you into office.

Useless government,I don't blame you guys at all,is the people that are still supporting APC I blame.

APC should be apologising to Nigerians,not seeking for power,they have no business campaigning.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by ecolime(m): 7:07am On Oct 02, 2022
cry

Shame

19 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by chatinent: 7:09am On Oct 02, 2022
When they get broke, they kidnap or promote terrorism, and boom, more money to them.

7 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by robinso01(m): 7:12am On Oct 02, 2022
Federal govt dey rely on govt, i now understand wetin jesus mean when he talk say "e don finish"

1 Like

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by bibianna(f): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2022
This is not good at all! undecided

1 Like

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by 50Kilometer: 7:28am On Oct 02, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2022
Agbado plus ewa on the menu....

I open my eyes waaaaaa.....

10 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by SouthSouth1914: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2022
A government relying on God for miracles, is that one government? But when stealing billions, they don’t rely on God. Shameful government

19 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by kushma(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2022
This is the worst of it all. Shame on this government. Some people are meant to be held accountable for this.

2 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2022
Hmmn
Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by dam2000(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2022
On God.
Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by lifeandjoy: 8:12am On Oct 02, 2022
cry
What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by Kingxchange44: 8:12am On Oct 02, 2022
Can you imagine the government some wicked souls are still supporting, kai.

5 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2022
This meaning of surrender is not acceptable. Lack of planning for security is the cause of insecurity. Former IG of police Mike okiro affirmed it when he said when he inaugurated the anti- terrorism unit in 2008, it was widely criticized by a section of the media and some overtly religious people as been targeted to some parts of the country. And so the government refuse to fund it.

2 Likes

Re: Train Kidnap; "We Are Relying On God" For Release Of Remaining Victims - FG by KingLennon(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2022
Imagine talk? Ritualists, Thieves and killers don dey depend on God to rescue people

This country na cruise!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Drivers Block Zaria Road To Protest Customs Officers’ Shooting / We Won’t Address Fayemi As ‘honorable Minister,’ Reps Vow / Lagos Delivers Road Infrastructure, Bridge In Ojo Local Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.