Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers (21969 Views)

How Many Bags Of Feed You Will Need To Raise 100 Broilers For Christmas. / How To Calculate The Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers. / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by samae(m): 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2022
HOW TO CALCULATE THE BAGS OF FEED YOU WILL NEED TO RAISE 100 BROILERS YOU WANT TO SELL DURING CHRISTMAS TIME.

The question of how much feed per broiler chicken is a very interesting one that farmers should often ask.
And it is pretty wise to ask this question. To know how much feed per broiler chicken, is to know what it takes and the capital needed to raise the number of birds you have in mind.
This requires a sort of broiler chicken feed calculation. As a rule or guide,
a broiler will eat about twice the target weight in Kg you want them to have
Usually, it is a little over 2X the total body weight you want them to have before you sell them off.

. That is, if you desire your birds to have a 2 kg body weight within 5 weeks, you should be ready to use a little over 4kg of feed per bird within their 1st week to their 4th week.

For example, you have 100 broilers, and you want them to achieve 4Kg in 9 weeks, using
the 2x principle, you will need 2 x 4kg (of feed) per bird within that 9 weeks.

That is; 2 x 4Kg =8Kg which means you have to feed each of your birds a total of 8kg of feed within 9 weeks.

The total feed required for the 100 broilers will be
8kg feed per bird × the number of birds (100) =800Kg

Remember that a bag
Of feed is 25Kg.

Therefore; the total number of which is 800Kg divided by 25kg=32 bags of feeds.

This also means you will need 32bags of feed to raise 100 birds from week 1-week 9 to make them weigh atleast 4kg per bird in 9 weeks.

You can add 1 bag since most feed companies' measurements do not
read 25Kg after weighing them.
I hope the example gives you more understanding?

Broiler Production Tips
Price of day-old chicks
=₦500- #550
Price of broiler starter= #9,000 (New Hope).
Broiler farming is all about the number of chickens you can raise and sell, therefore, the more the number of birds you can raise and sell, the higher the profit.

Your selling price varies depending on your target market and location.

A very important thing to consider is to have a cold room or partner with one and sell directly to consumers. Because middlemen e.g. market women can frustrate you
if you are not careful, and never sell your birds on credit. You didn’t raise them on credit, so don’t sell on credit unless you sign an MOU with the buyer

The bottom line is, broiler raising is very lucrative if you have buyers and sell at a good price. It is also a business of numbers, and the number of batches you can do in a year determines.

Just imagine that you have a deal of supplying 1000 or 2000 birds every 7 weeks constantly, trust me, within a year, you would have added a couple of zeros to your bank account.

66 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by LikeAking: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2022
If this post no reach FP, I wi deactivate my acct. angry

I can't b part of a platform wia meaningful infos are not promoted.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Nutase: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
Nice post. Poster above get ready to deactivate

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by greenermodels: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2022
LikeAking:

lol, the posts on Nairaland hardly ever makes it the frontpage.

6 Likes

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Kingsley10000: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Awesome and quite explicit

3 Likes

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by lazkizz(m): 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
grin grin following you gradually

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Sunnyhillsfarms: 5:44am On Oct 09, 2022
Nice write up...
But please where do you buy new hope feed for 9k ?.
Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by iiifedimma(f): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nice topic to know about
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Very Good Thread.
Thanks for the Vital info OP

Meanwhile Guys,

Make Christmas start early.
The earlier the better.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Oromoni619: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nice
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Olachase(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
M
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by yuzjet(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
Very educative piece. Thanks OP!

Too bad my broilers for December were all killed by soldier ants in August.

My pen was invaded by those monstrous ants and those little two weeks old broilers and turks were dismembered.

But still, will try again next year.

18 Likes

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
Lord is this a sign?

I was just discussing the feasibility of this business with my elder sister few hours ago.

Just that its labour intensive. You gotta put in the work.

Nothing like passive income here.

But the returns are massive though...if your birds don't die.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Brendaniel: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
informative

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
Maths is just life.... cool

2 Likes

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Sukkyy2010: 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Awesome �
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Triangles1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
PureVerty.

Maybe we should be counting the numbers of rice giving to wife before cooking.

I like the write-up though.
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
Thumbs up @ op
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Fenesa1: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
Are you playing
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by money121(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
Ok
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Hevoye(m): 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Think9ja(m): 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2022
I know you guys would want to sell a big broiler for 10k this year.

Well, what I will tell you is, if you're not careful, you'll end up eating all your investment yourself

Why? Because many Nigerian families will struggle to spend that much on just one chicken. How many will they buy?

My advice is to rear just few.
Country hard

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by IsellSmartTvs: 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Oct 2 till oct 25 b4 e grace FP
Do I still have 9weeks to Xmas

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Agricmoney(m): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
Keep up the good work.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

2 Likes

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by AmGreat1234: 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
Very interesting write-up.
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by boldking(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2022
Not needed just vote for a better person like Peter Obi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by handsomeyinka(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nice one..

Merry Christmas and happy new year to us all in advance.

Anyone reading this right now will definitely make the new year in jesus name.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by Shellsploit: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
sad
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by jamesbridget13(f): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
LikeAking:

rest
Re: How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers by rickleye: 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
samae:
HOW TO CALCULATE THE BAGS OF FEED YOU WILL NEED TO RAISE 100 BROILERS YOU WANT TO SELL DURING CHRISTMAS TIME.

The question of how much feed per broiler chicken is a very interesting one that farmers should often ask.
And it is pretty wise to ask this question. To know how much feed per broiler chicken, is to know what it takes and the capital needed to raise the number of birds you have in mind.
This requires a sort of broiler chicken feed calculation. As a rule or guide,
a broiler will eat about twice the target weight in Kg you want them to have
Usually, it is a little over 2X the total body weight you want them to have before you sell them off.

. That is, if you desire your birds to have a 2 kg body weight within 5 weeks, you should be ready to use a little over 4kg of feed per bird within their 1st week to their 4th week.

For example, you have 100 broilers, and you want them to achieve 4Kg in 9 weeks, using
the 2x principle, you will need 2 x 4kg (of feed) per bird within that 9 weeks.

That is; 2 x 4Kg =8Kg which means you have to feed each of your birds a total of 8kg of feed within 9 weeks.

The total feed required for the 100 broilers will be
8kg feed per bird × the number of birds (100) =800Kg

Remember that a bag
Of feed is 25Kg.

Therefore; the total number of which is 800Kg divided by 25kg=32 bags of feeds.

This also means you will need 32bags of feed to raise 100 birds from week 1-week 9 to make them weigh atleast 4kg per bird in 9 weeks.

You can add 1 bag since most feed companies' measurements do not
read 25Kg after weighing them.
I hope the example gives you more understanding?

Broiler Production Tips
Price of day-old chicks
=₦500- #550
Price of broiler starter= #9,000 (New Hope).
Broiler farming is all about the number of chickens you can raise and sell, therefore, the more the number of birds you can raise and sell, the higher the profit.

A very important thing to consider is to have a cold room or partner with one and sell directly to consumers. Because middlemen e.g. market women can frustrate you
if you are not careful, and never sell your birds on credit. You didn’t raise them on credit, so don’t sell on credit unless you sign an MOU with the buyer

The bottom line is, broiler raising is very lucrative if you have buyers and sell at a good price. It is also a business of numbers, and the number of batches you can do in a year determines.

Just imagine that you have a deal of supplying 1000 or 2000 birds every 7 weeks constantly, trust me, within a year, you would have added a couple of zeros to your bank account.

So what's my start up capital ?
Birds N500x100 = 50,000
Bags of feed 32kg x ? =
Cages =
Vaccines/Vet = 50,000
Food/Water feeders
Misc = 50,000
Transportation =

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.