Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account (34015 Views)

Court Remands Health Worker And 3 Others For Dismembering Hunchback Man In Benue / Female Health Worker, Fruit Seller Shot As Police Engage Robbers In Abia / Health Worker In Rivers Sleeps With Man She Hired To Kill Her Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Neoteny7: 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
alingo2013:
wink Sue the bank to court

They're not liable if he himself compromised his account through personal negligence.

I'm certain he's telling half the story.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by loswhite(m): 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
damosade:
You personally revealed your card details to a scammer and you expect Gtb to perform a magic,
Don't mind them. He said he received a call and yet he acted like he just hung up without disclosing any information. They will disclose their card information and come to bank telling lies that I didn't say anything o I just hung up when they called me

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by loswhite(m): 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
ojmetrix:
Yaho boys are menace to the society and should be dealt with someone hard earn money just swipe in twinkle of eye. Yahoo is never smartness but a course.
Most of the bankers should be scrutinize cos they incorporate with most of those yahoo boys.
Your saving account should not be linked with ATM card. Have other bank account with small find just for emergencies.
The problem is lack of education. There are customers you will drag their ear ten times the bank will never call you....lol. 2 seconds the idiot go receive call settle down dish out all the information...lol.

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by onyxo76(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2022
TarOrfeeek:
GT Bank is a very compromised bank right now.

For your peace move your money.

you're very right o, i funded my sportybet wallet with 3000 since July, the amount did not reverse back to me account and the sportybet wallet never got credited, I've written letters upon letters but nothing is coming out of it.
just last week, i used pos to pay ,account debited but money not released, just praying this one reverse, gtb don tire me
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by ridbell01(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2022
Bankers always have hand in this. A friend of mine account was wiped same day he collected Atm. The funny thing we were on bike going home when he was receiving alert. Until some people experience it thats when they will understand those scammers

3 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by onyxo76(m): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
olola4:
It is high time EFCC, ICPC look into the activities of Sportybet and Nigeria Lottery Regulation Commission to seize SportyBet operating license until investigations are completed.

So many stories of criminals using SportyBet to steal money from innocent peoples account. Enough is Enough the relevant agency should take action!
yea I lost money through sporty bet too and it was through gtb
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Zimzy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
GTB is becoming something else, my over 200k from a failed pos transaction since on the 8th of last month has not been resolved as am typing this after several calls to gtconnect and visiting the branch close to me. E tire me but I must collect my money and seriously avoid the Bank for anything serious.

3 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Adesina18111(m): 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
I don't think so... GTBANK is getting more compromised everyday

damosade:
You personally revealed your card details to a scammer and you expect Gtb to perform a magic,

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by boxypane(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2022
Them no dey do mistake credit person with 1.8 billion naira ni?

2 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by chymeze: 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nazgul:
It's impossible for someone to hack into your account using your ATM details without you ignorantly giving them the consent to do so.

Maybe he innocently filled his card details on a pishing website and they copied it and hacked into his account. Because you're required to change your ATM password immediately after receiving your new ATM card, so it's safe to say that after changing his password the bank had no access to his account unless he revealed his card details elsewhere.
That's why I always use my prepaid card for any online transaction or any transaction I feel might be compromised. You just load whatever amount you intend to use on the card and the card isn't linked to your bank account

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by ipobarethieves: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2022
sad angry sad make dey sha nor touch my money there again.Thoze Baztardz took 65k last year from the same GTB. I reported it to one of their manager only for the "thing" told to wait for 7 working days undecided.7 days turned to a month till I forgot the whole thing.Make I move the coins wey still remain there go either FBN/ECO.I dey FEAR now sad
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by ViceGovernor: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Lovelife433:
Why is that dis GTB can be easily manipulate? Last month my #18,900 was moved without trace haba.
Guaranteed
Thief
Bank

Na God go punish Nigerian banks all of them na barawo undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by highchief1: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Emaprince:
What if they get hold of your phone and wipe it without needing ATM?
only at gun. Point willl u have my phone sir and u can’t transfer from my phone without the hard token and I don’t move about with that.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by bhella10: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Putinimagemaker:
The West can't do anything different than they have been doing since Feb.
They can only impose further sanctions which has been very successful (lmao) and continue their cycle of failed tactics.
North Korea/Iran are the most sanctioned countries in the world by the Western parasites and they're still better developed than every African country that sold their sovereignty to the Western neocolnialst.
The puppet leaders of these developing countries who ignored their national interests in subservience to the West made their citizens vulnerable to modern day slavery.
Western weapons have been mostly blown to bits, Russia needs Ukraine/West to keep sending military combatants to the frontlines to complete the aim of demilitarization/denazification with less destruction of Ukrainian infrastructure.
Unlike Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan, the NATO/West lead by the US cannot invade Russia.
Russia has outlined the conditions under which it'll use nuclear weapons.
The United States is the only country in the world that has used nuclear weapons twice, destroying the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan. And they created a precedent. Russia’s military doctrine forbids nuclear weapons from being used unless the country is targeted by enemy nuclear attack first, or a conventional attack so severe that it is deemed to threaten the existence of the state. The United States does not place such restrictions on its nukes, and “reserves the right to use” them on a preemptive basis, even against non-nuclear armed adversaries.
There's massive inflation across the West, uprisings, decline in the standard of living, riots, protests, regime changes, economic constraints, recession, unemployment etc.
The Western empire is self destructing and has collapsed like the invincible Roman Empire.
A keyboard warrior

2 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by bhella10: 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
Zimzy:
GTB is becoming something else, my over 200k from a failed pos transaction since on the 8th of last month has not been resolved as am typing this after several calls to gtconnect and visiting the branch close to me. E tire me but I must collect my money and seriously avoid the Bank for anything serious.
They will refund you if na that one but na when you no expect.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by jrobbins: 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2022
Starz825:
I doubt if he changed his password after collecting his new ATM card...

It won't work if you don't change it.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by awajis78: 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
TarOrfeeek:
GT Bank is a very compromised bank right now.

For your peace move your money.
enter the bank with AK47 they'll attend to you immediately.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by bhella10: 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Zoharariel:

You’re correct. I initially thought GTBank is one of the good banks we have in the Banking Sector, but I was mistaken.

GTBank is currently competing with Access Bank in fraudulent deductions.

Any credit alert that enters your GTBank, they deduct money which they tag “Stamp Duty”.

Meanwhile, Stamp Duty is just 50Naira according to CBN but GTBank deducts 70Naira, 192Naira, 325Naira all in the name of Stamp Duty as soon as any money enters your account - which doesn’t even reflect in your transaction history unless you request for your account statement.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is the best CBN Governor Nigeria has ever produced.

Godwin Emefiele should be sent to the guillotine.
I totally agree �. Under his watch everything scatter. Sanusi got cojones. Emefiele himself could just be another GEJ of the banking sector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by jrobbins: 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Solitechworld:

He did not reveal his card details, to me it seems the Gtbank Customer service agent that issues the card is the one that performed the magic.. he should be investigated!

You think am insider would need to call him? LOL
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Ujm1: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
Elshaddai
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
BloomingDale:
That's why I got a virtual debit card that I use online. I will soon get a utility debit card that for offline transactions. No using my main debit card. It's safe at home.
even your virtual card has access to your account.

2 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Starz825(m): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
jrobbins:

It won't work if you don't change it.
Really...
There is a default pin 0000 on the automated card
That's why the ATM card desk will advice you to change the pin to your preferred one immediately...
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by jrobbins: 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
byteem:
Get a lawyer to write to their Md at gt head office copy the cbn and demand refund of your money with 7 days or you will go to court and demand interst of 20% for every month kf delay.. makesure u copy cbn.. that money will be refunded in 3 days i assure u

If he trusts himself be that oo.

Had a Similar experience when I was working in a bank. The bank went as far as mobile network service provider to provide details of the call he received and how he disclosed details. The man even had to pay for all costs the bank incurred. Some of these people will never come clean that they disclosed details.

And sometimes, it's been perpetrated by someone close(Friend,Child, Spouse, Neighbors etc). I have lotta experience, and that's one reason the bank would always inform you at the point of card collection to never disclose any details over phone and of there's any issue, Visit a branch close to you.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by jrobbins: 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2022
Starz825:

Really...
There is a default pin 0000 on the automated card
That's why the ATM card desk will advice you to change the pin to your preferred one immediately...

It won't work. It's after changing it becomes active.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by equity1(m): 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
Israeli072011:

its not always like that, anything can happen.
From the story,i think he was socially engineered which made him to divulge his card details to the fraudster.
The bank may not refund him. It very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by jrobbins: 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
buttlover:
Always block any camera view in the banking hall when inputing new atm card pin in the bank. i dnt trust those bankers when openly inputing my pin. Sometimes i use my second hand to cover the machine on their desk when inputing new pin.

From my experience while being a bank staff, those people at Customer service who give you card don't even have access to Infotech/CCTV playback so they can't do nothing..

Banking is very rigid. It's very hard for a single individual to commit any fraud.
There's what's called Dual control system

4 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by jrobbins: 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
RenerdLiam:

I went to Firstbank to renew my ATM card some weeks ago. To my surprise, someone was standing at the place where I had to fill my card information, and he told me he isn't a customer. In his words “I am just here observing”.

This man can see my card numbers, name and phone number, and I notice he stepped out once, only to come back a little while after to continue policing.

Yet, non of the staff or security seems to care. In my opinion, he is probably stealing those information, and he will soon use them for fraud.

Please, when you encounter such next time. Help the bank report to any security around you. Vigilance is the duty of everyone and the security men stationed at the bank night not have noticed. We're all human afterall

2 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by LegacyB: 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2022
damosade:
The annoying part is Truth is so scare in this country.
The password was compromised by the owner yet they love to blame the Bank as usual. Gtb is not guilty here.

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Harddiskng(m): 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
Zoharariel:

You’re correct. I initially thought GTBank is one of the good banks we have in the Banking Sector, but I was mistaken.

GTBank is currently competing with Access Bank in fraudulent deductions.

Any credit alert that enters your GTBank, they deduct money which they tag “Stamp Duty”.

Meanwhile, Stamp Duty is just 50Naira according to CBN but GTBank deducts 70Naira, 192Naira, 325Naira all in the name of Stamp Duty as soon as any money enters your account - which doesn’t even reflect in your transaction history unless you request for your account statement.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is the best CBN Governor Nigeria has ever produced.

Godwin Emefiele should be sent to the guillotine.

Access Bank!!. It is like GTBank is learning work from them.

I didn’t just want to mention their name in topic I created about GTBank charging me for same bank transfers.

I had an inflow into one of my Access Bank, someone that was owing a significant amount paid. Do you know the next thing these thieving Access Bank folks did - they charged me for ATM card on an account I haven’t used an ATM card on in over 5 years, as if that was not enough. They stopped my debit & credit email notifications undecided

When I noticed I sent them a stinker email asking for evidence I requested for an ATM Card, and they swiftly reversed the ATM card charge.

In retrospect I should have sued them undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by ussv: 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2022
damosade:
That`s exactly what i am also thinking may have happened since the bank told him that the transaction was solidly done using his card details. God help us.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by BloomingDale(f): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2022
franciskaine:
even your virtual card has access to your account.

Just 50k a day limit. Before they wipe out my account I would have deactivated it online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Drowns While Escaping Police Arrest In Delta / 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. / Man Fights His Ex-Lover’s Boyfriend In Umuahia, Gets Bloodied (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.