Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account (34014 Views)

Court Remands Health Worker And 3 Others For Dismembering Hunchback Man In Benue / Female Health Worker, Fruit Seller Shot As Police Engage Robbers In Abia / Health Worker In Rivers Sleeps With Man She Hired To Kill Her Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Dondollars4u(m): 12:31am On Oct 04, 2022
Iddfx:
The scam is: an ananymouse person will contact you .they will send you a video showing how they funded sportybet with 1k and used a software hack to change it to 100k deposited to spotybet,then withdraw it.now they will tell you to register with sportybet and fund it with 1k.now there is flaw in sportybet that once you fund with card,the card details are stored aumatocally and you can refund using the card without filling the card details.and it doesnt ask for OTP like other platforms.you can also withdraw to the account in it.so after funding the 1k,the will send you a link to fill telling you its the hacking software to turn the money to 100k.once you fill the sportybet loging detail.they will login to ur sportybet,change the password and lock you the real owner out.remember your ATM details in still in the sportybet.they start funding the sporty bet using the card details then withdraw to thier own accounts.

Exactly what happened beginning of this year. If not that his base country is not in the country list, he would have been a victim.

Let us all learn lesson from this, and stop blaming banks.
Stop dishing out sensitive info about your ATM cards and online banking details to anyone not even bank operatives.
Also banks need our support to minimize fraudulent activities, that's why several banks do give tips on how to save guard your account because they can't do it alone

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by lagosrd: 1:13am On Oct 04, 2022
Escalate the thing to CBN office , there is a branch that deal with such issues there. Your fund will be reversed immediately.

The banks a re aware of such dealings cos I was with a friend in his bank one day. He issued and ATM to one elderly woman and called her back to inform her someone could call her later in the day to ask for her ATM numbers that she shouldn't give it to her. Right there the person called and the mama said ole .... Ole the guy hung off.

I asked him what the problem was and he said the fault is from the CBN . That the BVN is been handled by a third party who employs all manners of people and that the moment they link your BVN with your account and do anything on the account , they get notifications and they go ahead immediately to lash out to the victims and once the victim exposes themselves, piam.... Your fund is gone. But obviously the hand of an insider is there.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by DeOTR: 1:23am On Oct 04, 2022
Nobody can steal your money unless you're an accomplice.
I can immediately tell the man is at fault. The fraud has absolutely nothing to do with GTB or collecting new ATM card.
Someone has access to his sporty bet account. They only funded the account using the already saved Bank card and transferred it to other accounts from there. The man is not telling the whole story
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:41am On Oct 04, 2022
damosade:
You personally revealed your card details to a scammer and you expect Gtb to perform a magic,

Where did you read that in the entire write-up? Or you just read to criticize
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by hope4nigeria(m): 5:57am On Oct 04, 2022
TarOrfeeek:
GT Bank is a very compromised bank right now.

For your peace move your money.
this is how fairmoney started misbehaving debiting my GTBANK account anyhow, when I asked why, they said because I once help a friend paid a Loan with my card and that was true, The guy once gave me cash and begged me to help him pay the loan before they start sending messages to his contacts and I did, subsequently, fairmoney started debiting my accounts for the guy loan repayment, what suprise me was I went and change my PIN, these people were still swimming in my account, they will even debit and return monies, you know what I did? I downloaded their App, collected #200k, move all the money from GTBANK account, then restricted both the account and ATM. I went to the bank to retrieve the account, I told them I never want ATM card again, since then, I know peace

4 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Godlymanly: 7:01am On Oct 04, 2022
Exactly same thing happened to me.
I after several calls and visit to GTBANK branch,was told it will take 45 days to get back to me. waited for more than 45 days no response So I had to send a mail,to my surprised,gtbank replied that the transactions was consummated using the OTP that was sent to my registered email and phone number,I was so shocked to hear this so I went back to my inbox and email to confirm,nothing of such was sent to me,Which made me conclude that there must be an insider.
I reported the matter to EFCC,which I was invited weeks later to their zonal office to write a statement, but till date my 110k nas not be refunded.
I am beginning to think of engaging a lawyer.
If it has not happened to you you will think the victim is not been honest in his/her story.
In my case I received a call too,but gave the guy a wrong number from the one that was sent to me.Whicb he the caller confirm that it was wrong. It was even two days later that I started receiving debit alerts.

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by sageb: 7:02am On Oct 04, 2022
Ishilove:
Happy birthday, my birthday mate
Happy Birthday, Ishilove.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by sageb: 7:02am On Oct 04, 2022
Ishilove:
Happy birthday, my birthday mate
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Ishilove: 7:40am On Oct 04, 2022
sageb:

Thanks dear. I appreciate you
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Light78: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2022
Iddfx:
The scam is: an ananymouse person will contact you .they will send you a video showing how they funded sportybet with 1k and used a software hack to change it to 100k deposited to spotybet,then withdraw it.now they will tell you to register with sportybet and fund it with 1k.now there is flaw in sportybet that once you fund with card,the card details are stored aumatocally and you can refund using the card without filling the card details.and it doesnt ask for OTP like other platforms.you can also withdraw to the account in it.so after funding the 1k,the will send you a link to fill telling you its the hacking software to turn the money to 100k.once you fill the sportybet loging detail.they will login to ur sportybet,change the password and lock you the real owner out.remember your ATM details in still in the sportybet.they start funding the sporty bet using the card details then withdraw to thier own accounts.

You are right about that. Anyone complaining of sportybet did that. .

More like the real owner is in the mirror, while the scammer is in the real world. ( Locking the owner by stealing his details)
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Light78: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2022
Dondollars4u:

Exactly what happened beginning of this year. If not that his base country is not in the country list, he would have been a victim.

Let us all learn lesson from this, and stop blaming banks.
Stop dishing out sensitive info about your ATM cards and online banking details to anyone not even bank operatives.
Also banks need our support to minimize fraudulent activities, that's why several banks do give tips on how to save guard your account because they can't do it alone

I have a question for you.

How do scammers know a customer has been issued an ATM?

How do they know the exact amount the customer has in his account?

Who gave them customers phone number?

I hope you see it's not from the customers, but an inside job.

I am suspecting the female staffs giving their yahoo boyfriends people's card details and contact.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by craigkoel1989: 8:05am On Oct 04, 2022
This same Gtbank deducted 137k from my account without any reason just woke up to receiving alert with my ATM in my pocket it was a very sad experience had to transfer the remaining money left in the bank and stopped using the account
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by craigkoel1989: 8:08am On Oct 04, 2022
mastermaestro:

Dude supplied the caller sensitive info. He doesn't want to own up so he doesn't jeopardize his chances of recovery.
I have been in this situation before it is not always like that i was debited 137k by the same gtbank and i didn't receive any call from anybody in fact my ATM was in my pocket the whole time
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Asianjollof007: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2022
lordparcel:
grin Na local de Pay now

If you dey follow them run local, i will urge you to desist from it.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Kay25(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2022
Gtbank is actually a yahoo bank so am not surprised..I remember years bank they stole a sister money and I complained at efcc Dem just wave am like say na normal thing with Gtbank
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by ayorboy(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2022
Thomthom:
Forget that thing yahoo workers don full banks this days... the day my wife collect ATM card, that night someone called her to give her the last 5 digit.. how the person take no say my wife don collect ATM card if not the workers in the Bank .. were did the caller get her date of birth, Full name, Address.. etc before demanding for the last 5 digits.. if CBN no do anything, naso money go dey varnish for people Account.

You are very right, my sister's alert sim became unreadable and she went to buy another sim and went to bank the following week to update her account and register bvn, she was asked to come get the bvn 3 days later. she receive a call saying they are from GTBank the morning of that very day she was suppose to go get the bvn that she was suppose to come get her bvn today that she should dial *737*5000# on her phone to confirm if the bvn is ready. that's how she self recharge 5k for herself and 30 mins later the 5k was gone from her sim
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by mastermaestro(m): 10:24am On Oct 04, 2022
craigkoel1989:

I have been in this situation before it is not always like that i was debited 137k by the same gtbank and i didn't receive any call from anybody in fact my ATM was in my pocket the whole time

I am not arguing your case. Read what the guy said and pick the truth. He admitted that a call came. He answered. Now he claimed that they read some digits to him. Then he hung up out of fright. Does this sound plausible? He had a conversation with them where info was exchanged. I am sure he only realized after the call ended.

Your card must have been compromised before any debit can occur on your account. That's why it is not wise and safe to use random POS vendors. Dubious vendors could spy your info in a moment without your knowledge. Again someone close to you could also take your atm details without your knowledge. Things don't just happen! There is always a breach on the end of the customer. But many will rush to put the blame on banks. Quite unfortunate.

A woman came to the bank to complain that she had been receiving random unauthorized debits. Good thing is that she said she suspected her son was behind it. She recalled having sent him to make withdrawal for her once. And since then the random debit started. But if it were most customers who are largely dishonest, they start screaming and passing the blame on the bank.

Keep your personal details and banking info away from everyone around you including your children and loved ones that you can't or fairly trust.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by mastermaestro(m): 10:33am On Oct 04, 2022
RenerdLiam:

I went to Firstbank to renew my ATM card some weeks ago. To my surprise, someone was standing at the place where I had to fill my card information, and he told me he isn't a customer. In his words “I am just here observing”.

This man can see my card numbers, name and phone number, and I notice he stepped out once, only to come back a little while after to continue policing.

Yet, non of the staff or security seems to care. In my opinion, he is probably stealing those information, and he will soon use them for fraud.

And you couldn't tell him off? You could have told him to give you some room if he was prying dangerously into your personal space.

Well the only info available in that record book would be your phone number, name and last 6 or so digits of your card. Worst he could do was get your name, your last digits, account number, and then put a call across to you. That is why banks warn you not to reveal your info to anyone that calls you.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by chukel(m): 11:25am On Oct 04, 2022
I'm still confused. How come he is the beneficiary of all the transferred funds. Is it that they opened those accounts with his name? If yes, then this is an inside bank job. Cos it's only an insider who knows the outcome of investigation if the victim is seen as beneficiary of all transferred funds.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by iamL(f): 11:32am On Oct 04, 2022
buttlover:
Always block any camera view in the banking hall when inputing new atm card pin in the bank. i dnt trust those bankers when openly inputing my pin. Sometimes i use my second hand to cover the machine on their desk when inputing new pin.

Wow! Thanks for this.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by iamL(f): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2022
craigkoel1989:

Something went wrong from your own end. Nobody can access your account and withdraw from it without you be involved in any way.

That was show my friend was duped of almost 1 million naira claiming innocent it was years later he tolde the entire story he gave them Information he wasn't supposed to give out.

Customers too lie.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Thomthom(m): 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
ayorboy:

You are very right, my sister's alert sim became unreadable and she went to buy another sim and went to bank the following week to update her account and register bvn, she was asked to come get the bvn 3 days later. she receive a call saying they are from GTBank the morning of that very day she was suppose to go get the bvn that she was suppose to come get her bvn today that she should dial *737*5000# on her phone to confirm if the bvn is ready. that's how she self recharge 5k for herself and 30 mins later the 5k was gone from her sim
Hmmm
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by davidox1991(m): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
Your last resort it's the CBN, report the case to CBN attaching every available proof of evidence to further back up your claim
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by davidox1991(m): 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
damosade:
You personally revealed your card details to a scammer and you expect Gtb to perform a magic,
See forget about all this talks... GTB is just a compromised bank period. What will say about this, I was sitting in the office one faithful morning and I just got a debit alert from GTB, I was like wtf. The merchant through which the transaction was carried out was Flutterwave; meanwhile I have not even transacted with my card for months, in fact the card was intact in my pause. All effort to proof the transaction was not carried by me prove abortive. GTB na big scam abeg!
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by mysticwarrior(m): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
Zoharariel:

You’re correct. I initially thought GTBank is one of the good banks we have in the Banking Sector, but I was mistaken.

GTBank is currently competing with Access Bank in fraudulent deductions.

Any credit alert that enters your GTBank, they deduct money which they tag “Stamp Duty”.

Meanwhile, Stamp Duty is just 50Naira according to CBN but GTBank deducts 70Naira, 192Naira, 325Naira all in the name of Stamp Duty as soon as any money enters your account - which doesn’t even reflect in your transaction history unless you request for your account statement.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is the best CBN Governor Nigeria has ever produced.

Godwin Emefiele should be sent to the guillotine.
Bro we have really missed your comments on the foreign affairs section.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
mysticwarrior:
Bro we have really missed your comments on the foreign affairs section.

Please, forgive me for that. Secondary School Children have taken over everywhere on Nairaland, not just the foreign affairs section.

You can see their childish comments on the front page on the daily.

The last thing I want to do - is debate teenagers who would hurl insults at you & resort to Ad Homs for sharing a differing views.

I am not responsible for anybody’s education & enlightenment on Nairaland. I meant no offense.

I have much more important & better things to channel my energy into, in life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by ojmetrix(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2022
ojmetrix:
Yaho boys are menace to the society and should be dealt with someone hard earn money just swipe in twinkle of eye. Yahoo is never smartness but a course.
Most of the bankers should be scrutinize cos they incorporate with most of those yahoo boys.
Your saving account should not be linked with ATM card. Have other bank account with small fund just for emergencies.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Nazgul: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
chymeze:

That's why I always use my prepaid card for any online transaction or any transaction I feel might be compromised. You just load whatever amount you intend to use on the card and the card isn't linked to your bank account
Alternatively, you can open a separate account for it. You would only transfer funds there when you want to withdraw or make an online transaction that require the use of your card. So even if the card gets compromised, it wouldn't really affect you cos the account is always empty and if funds come in it would leave the next minute. This is the method I adopted.

3 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by irunoko(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
damosade:
how? I don't understand? Care to explain so others can learn
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by irunoko(m): 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2022
ojmetrix:
Yaho boys are menace to the society and should be dealt with someone hard earn money just swipe in twinkle of eye. Yahoo is never smartness but a course.
Most of the bankers should be scrutinize cos they incorporate with most of those yahoo boys.
Your saving account should not be linked with ATM card. Have other bank account with small find just for emergencies.
shebi The other day (yesterday) some dirty, Indolent, skinny legged prostitutes came out to protest against the efcc arresting their yahoo boyfriends.

It's so bad that there's now association of wives and girlfriends of yahoo boys so the society has accepted this yahoo menace as a lifestyle unfortunately innocent victims are bearing the brunt of this madness

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Tylergee12: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin
Yusssuf11:
My brother something similar to this had happened to me last year 22nd of February..
My first question is did you have any sportybet account...
If Yes..that means is the same thing with mine ..
Back then I opened sportybet account funded it with my ATM card some weeks later I got a text from someone saying I just got a voucher for hacked game on my account that I should login to a website to activate it..
Me being new to the app..
I followed all his instructions humbly,,
I got a 6digit pin from sportybet and I sent it to him ..
Unknownly to me that my sportybet bet account had been compromised..
The guy withdraw all my money and used it to play games on the account so that he could be able to transfer it to his opay account without no traces..
He change his opay account name to the name I used to register the sportybet account for successful transaction..
I did not receive any debit alert from first Bank immidiately I noticed I called the customer care of the Bank they were so useless they said the transaction was on pending..
I felt a little bit relax..okay cancel the transaction and give me my money back I went to their Bank several times without no number still today I never see anything...
I blocked the sportybet account and the Bank account that was my last Time playing bet
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
PROTECT YOUR MONEY IN BANKS,NAIJ BANKS CYBERSECURITY ARE NOT PROTECTING YOUR MONEY. angryUBAP JUS SACKED STAFF AND REPLACED THEM WITH YOUR GIRLS IN THEIR EARLY TWENTIES,BOS OF QUESTION OF BEACH OF TRUST BY OLD CRIMINAL BANKERS. angry undecided
MANY OTHER BANKS LIKE ZENITH,FBN ETC NOW CLOSE THEIR BANKING GATEWAY AT 3PM INSTEAD 4PM TO MINIMIZE THIS FRAUDS
HOW DO YOU PROTECT YOUR MONEY?
PASSWORD ALL YOUR PHONES
PASSWORD ALL YOUR SIM CARD USING PUK
DONT LEAVE PASSWORD IN YOUR PHONES OR SYS
STOP RETRIEVING YOUR LOSS SIM FROM ROAD UMBRELLAS,THEY ARE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE
USE MTN OR AIRTEL OR GLO CODES TO BLOCK ANY STOLEN SIM CARM IMMEDIATELY
USE BANK CODES TO BLOCK ANY STOLEN ATM OR HARD TOKEN IMMEDIATELY
GET POLICE REPORT AND AFFIDATIVE ON ALL LOSS OF SIM OR ATM
DESTROY OLD EXPIRED ATM CARD YOU ARE NOT USING
ALERT BANK TO CHANGE YOUR PHONE NUMBER IMMEDIATELY YOU LOSE ANY SIM OR ATM
ETC.#PASSTHISMESSAGEON
BANK ARE QUIET ABOUT THESE SCAMS because SOME OF THEIR OLD STAFF AND JAPA STAFF ARE THE CRIMINALS WORKING WITH HACKERS angry undecided GOODS MINDS ARE SMARTER THAN CRIMINALS,SO DONT GIVE UP,FIGHT CRIME TO FINISH,THAT IS WHY WHITEMAN IS BETA THAN BLACKS,THEY FIGHT LAWBREAKERS TOGETHER TO HAVE A CLEAN AND SANE SOCIETY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Drowns While Escaping Police Arrest In Delta / 400 Level Student Drowns In Yankari Swimming Pool. / Man Fights His Ex-Lover’s Boyfriend In Umuahia, Gets Bloodied (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.