Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:46 AM

A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) (604 Views)

Guys, Beware Of Demon-possessed Ladies Out There / Ladies, Beware Of Demon-possessed Guys Out There / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
Sister Maria was born Isabella Tomas back in 1645.When she turned 15,she went to the Sicilian town of Palladian Montecharo to join the Benedictine Convent.That's when she took the name Sister Maria

It was on August 11,1676 that the nun was found in her cell,lying on the floor,her face covered in ink holding some sort of letter.Something had taken control of Sister Maria della's body,she had no idea what she had done,but according to legend,when she woke up she found a letter written in weird glyphs that she didn't understand.

She claimed an evil force had written it.
It took centuries to find a translation but with the help of the new code cracking technology,a team of researchers was finally able to decipher the language used to write the letter and they had to confront the "Dark Web"to do it.

The mystery behind what sister maria had written plagued scholars for many years.Sister maria claimed innumerable evil spirit tried to attack her and that SATAN himself had forced her to sign the letter which she resisted and instead signed "Ohime" which means "Oh me"

Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
As Centuries passed many tried to decipher the letter,but were rather unsuccessful.
It was 2017 when someone offered hope to shine a light on the mystery.They had to go dark to decipher the letter

The only thing that could help the team figure out what Sister Maria's letter said was through a decryption program that only world government had access to

So a code breaking program was used to translate.
The team was only able to crack part of the letter.
According to the team,the translation of the letter suggested that "God Jesus and the holy ghost didn't really exists or have the power to do anything.The letter reportedly called the trinity"Dead Weights",saying God thinks he can free mortals....The system works for No one.....Perhaps now Styx is certain".Styx is the river mentioned in Greek and Roman mythology and is said to be the thing that separates the world of the living from the world of the dead
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
It's just for educational purpose cos as humans we learn things everyday

1 Like

Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by HolyMan12: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2022
Another brainwashed one
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
As Centuries passed many tried to decipher the letter,but were rather unsuccessful.
It was 2017 when someone offered hope to shine a light on the mystery.They had to go dark to decipher the letter. The only thing that could help the team figure out what Sister Maria's letter said was through a decryption program that only world government had access to

So a code breaking program was used to translate. The team was only able to crack part of the letter.
According to the team,the translation of the letter suggested that "God Jesus and the holy ghost didn't really exists or have the power to do anything. The letter reportedly called the trinity"Dead Weights",saying God thinks he can free mortals....The system works for No one.....Perhaps now Styx is certain".Styx is the river mentioned in Greek and Roman mythology and is said to be the thing that separates the world of the living from the world of the dead
OP, if you believe this, you will believe pretty much anything ! undecided

1 Like

Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Lol,i never said i believed the story

The persoñ was even suffering from shizophrenia

At least that was what the people that deciphered her letter claimed

They all thought the letter sounded gibberish undecided
Kobojunkie:

They all thought the letter sounded gibberish
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
They all thought the letter sounded gibberish undecided
Schitzophrenia from a letter written in a language/script that no one was able to make heads or tails of back when it was written? Where did she supposedly get the knowledge of the letters from? undecided
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Schitzophrenia from a letter written in a language/script that no one was able to make heads or tails of back when it was written? undecided

Yes!!!!
Google the meaning of Shizophrenia to find out for yourself!!!!

People who claim they hear voices or Satan's voice or any other entity entity talking to them have all being termed with a mental illness called schizophrenia

Moreovershe claimed she had satan talking to her telling her to sign the letter
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
Yes!!!!
Google the meaning of Shizophrenia to find out for yourself!!!!

People who claim they hear voices or Satan's voice or any other entity talking to them have all being termed with a mental illness called schizophrenia
Oh, I know very well about Schitzophrenia. What I question is the claim that assuming the story of her writing this letter was true, she must have been schitzophrenic. Schitzophrenia is more than just the hearing of voices though. undecided
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Schitzophrenia from a letter written in a language/script that no one was able to make heads or tails of back when it was written? Where did she supposedly get the knowledge of the letters from? undecided

Moreover she understood a bit of ancient greek and latin so she combined them and changed their letters to make them look different giving it a very difficult
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I know very well about Schitzophrenia. What I question is the claim that assuming the story of her writing this letter was true, she must have been schitzophrenic. undecided

They don't even want to belief the letter was true though That's why the Schizophrenia has being used to describe her illness but anyways Yes,they would have still tried to admit her at a mental asylum and she would have being diagnosed with schizophrenia

Lol,what makes you think schizophrenia is more than hearing of voices
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
Moreover she understood a bit of ancient greek and latin so she combined them and changed their letters to make them look different giving it a very difficult
Ah! So the letter wasn't necessarily undecipherable? undecided
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
Yes,she would have being admitted at a mental asylum and would have being diagnosed with schizophrenia
Not all schitzos are in mental asylums, you know. Many of them walk free among us daily. grin
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ah! So the letter wasn't necessarily undecipherable? undecided

Yes,they claimed no language like that ever existed

Until 2017,some team tried using the dark web that only the govt had access to to decipher it
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Not all schitzos are in mental asylums, you know. Many of them walk free among us daily. grin

Definitely
Claiming to hear voices and all grin
Kobojunkie:

Definitely
Claiming to hear voices and all
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
Yes,they claimed no language like that ever existed

Until 2017,some team tried using the dark web that only the govt had access to to decipher it
Then is it also not possible that their claim that she was possessed was also made up as well? And the lady may have instead been dealing with some usual issues such as trauma, depression, or the usual culprits. undecided

By the way, anyone can access the dark web... it is not a government-only area. undecided
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Then is it also not possible that their claim that she was possessed was also made up as well? And the lady may have instead been dealing with some usual issues such as trauma, depression, or the usual culprits. undecided

By the way, anyone can access the dark web... it is not a government-only area. undecided

You can still use GOOGLE to find out more for yourself

There was a reason why they claimed or she claimed she was possessed

During her time mental illnesses were not being PROPERLY understood so anybody claiming to hear voices and falling under whatever annointing was believed to be POSSESSED

At least from what i read,"The Dark Web" was used to decipher her letter back in 2017 and it was claimed to only be accessed by only the government AS AT 2017

So definitely a lot must have changed since then
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
You can still use GOOGLE to find out more for yourself
There was a reason why they claimed or she claimed she was possessed
During her time mental illnesses were not being PROPERLY understood so anybody claiming to hear voices and falling under whatever annointing was believed to be POSSESSED
The church was and still is known to make spurious claims, so I wouldn't take their word for much, even to this day. undecided

I did google and the story, and what I find interesting is that the letter is labeled "devil letter" but who came up with that name for it? The lady who supposedly didn't even remember the ordeal?
'We heard about the software, which we believe is used by intelligence services for codebreaking,' said Daniele Abate, director of the centre told The Times. 'We primed the software with ancient Greek, Arabic, the Runic alphabet and Latin to de-scramble some of the letter and show that it really is devilish,' he said.

Sister Maria had become very adept at linguistics during her years at the convent, and scientists believe the letter is in fact written in a language of her own invention - a mishmash of the alphabets she had come to know. Using that theory as a base, the team loaded the software with any language she might have come across: Latin, ancient Runic Greek, modern Greek and even that of the Yazidi people. By identifying characters in the letter similar to those of the alphabets that Sister Maria would have known, scientists could start making sense of her words. The group translated 15 lines of the letter and found that it discusses the relationship between humans, God and Satan.

They say the letter is rambling and not entirely consistent and understandable. This supports the theory held by modern scientists that - rather than being 'possessed by the devil' - Sister Maria suffered from schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. It describes God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit as 'dead weights', and says 'God thinks he can free mortals'. It also says God was invented by man, adding that 'this system works for no one'.

Another sentence reads: 'Perhaps now, Styx is certain', referencing the River Styx that separates the Earth and the Underworld in Greek and Roman mythology. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4864708/Devil-letter-written-posessed-nun-finally-translated.html
From the much revealed, that sounds more like something a depressed individual would pen down during one of those serious mental battle periods. I remember penning down something similar several times during my own times grin
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by FxMasterz: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
It was 2017 when someone offered hope to shine a light on the mystery.They had to go dark to decipher the letter

The only thing that could help the team figure out what Sister Maria's letter said was through a decryption program that only world government had access to

So a code breaking program was used to translate.
The team was only able to crack part of the letter.
According to the team,the translation of the letter suggested that "God Jesus and the holy ghost didn't really exists or have the power to do anything.The letter reportedly called the trinity"Dead Weights",saying God thinks he can free mortals....The system works for No one.....Perhaps now Styx is certain".Styx is the river mentioned in Greek and Roman mythology and is said to be the thing that separates the world of the living from the world of the dead

This satanic letter correlates well with maynman's demonic propaganda. We now know his source.
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by SandraIkuboR(f): 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
FxMasterz:

This satanic letter correlates well with maynman's demonic propaganda. We now know his source.

grin
FxMasterz:

Lol,True!!!
Re: A Possessed Nun's Letter From The Devil (Pics) by Maynmann: 3:19am On Oct 04, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

grin

Lol,True!!!

Hypocrite,how come you believe it hook and line.
see your savior father .

(1) (Reply)

How Did God Create Light Before The Sun? / The Road To A New Nigeria / The Battle Of Armageddon Starts March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.