Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,524 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Chelsea Midfielder, Mikel Obi's Father Missing - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chelsea Midfielder, Mikel Obi's Father Missing (773 Views)

2face Clears The Air On Mikel Obi / Photos: Mikel Obi And His Russian Girl Friend Holiday In Dubai / Chinedu Ikedieze (Aki) & Manchester United Midfielder Maroune Fellaini (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Midfielder, Mikel Obi's Father Missing by airmark(m): 12:53am On Aug 16, 2011
Chelsea and Nigerian midfielder, John Mikel Obi's father Michael Obi is missing.

Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has appeared on television to plea for his father's release after he was kidnapped in Nigeria.

Michael Obi, who runs an interstate transport company in the city of Jos, has been missing since Friday when he failed to return home from work, and the player's representatives have confirmed that he has been abducted.

Mikel told Sky Sports News: "All I can say is I'm from Nigeria, and I've always tried to help the country in every way that I can, playing for the country, serving the country any way that I can and I think it is time for the country to help me in this situation.

"I'm just going to say whoever has got my dad, whoever knows where my dad is should try to contact me and let me know where my dad is."

He continued: "We haven't had anything yet, for the last few days, no phone calls, nothing. My dad's phone is not going through at the moment.

"I really don't have an idea of who has taken my dad away. I think this happens a lot, not in the northern part of Nigeria but it happens a lot in the eastern part. But I think my dad will probably be the first in the northern part.

"I would like to go and see what's happening and speak to my mum and see my mum and speak to my other brothers and sisters as well. But at this point I have to stay back and we'll see what happens, if in the next 24 hours we're going to get any information as to where he is and what's happening to him. Then we can know what to do and how to act from there.

"I just want to say to whoever has got my dad to please just let him go. He's an old man and he hasn't done any harm to anyone as far as I know.

"I don't know why he has been taken and my family, my mum especially, is very sad and devastated about the whole situation. I just hope in the next 24 hours we can get something out of it."

Mikel had known about this before the match against Stoke on Sunday but still decided to play.

"I don't really think my team-mates know about it," he said.

"I think I told [Didier] Drogba today and before the game I told [Salomon] Kalou who's a very good friend of mine. I don't want everyone coming to me saying 'Sorry, Mikel'. I just wanted to get on with the game and play the game.

"Then after that I thought they should have known but up until now they haven't known but I think tomorrow everyone will know, by then they will try to speak to me about it as well."

Source : http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/08/15/2621334/please-let-him-go-chelseas-john-obi-mikel-makes-emotional-tv

(1) (Reply)

Popular Radio Personality, Matse Leaves Wazobia Fm / Kim Kardashian Visits Kris Humphries For The First Time Since Divorce / Beyonce and Jay Z named world’s highest paid celebrity couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.