Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi (25045 Views)

Oshiomhole At Crossroads Over Ize-iyamu, Osifo / Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal / Wike On Edo Election: South-South Governors Will Be In Edo To Stop Intimidation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Kings296: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
This presidential election is a difficult one to predict, for the first time am seeing election in Nigeria where u can't easily beat ur chest and predict who win win,
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by ken6488(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
bhella10:
APC will send Obi to political exile next year. MC Oluomo will make life a living hell for IGBO businesses afterwards in Lagos. There would be adjustments and cold war between these two tribes. Igbos have bitten more they can chew this time around. You don't mess with Jagaban and go Scott free.
grin on the contrary after obi victory all this agbero will be chased out of Lagos

Oo yes cry

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Truthdeypain: 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
PeterObi4LP:
Greed is not good.
Yoruba do to others what you want them do for you. Our son Osibanjo is rounding up his tenure as VP, yet we want to still project Tinubu to take over. When SE start playing the games we are playing, you see people turn it into tribalism, bigotry and religion. If South East can't have it in 2023, then let the North continue to keep it until South decide to borrow some sense.

While there are some very reasonable Yorubas, it is almost difficult to imagine that in this 21st century most are still fondly and culturally tribalistic, favouring all injustices to others especially Igbos. One thing is certain after this election since these folks have refused to recognize any form of truths and injustice but have chosen to blind their hearts with "My tribe is my tribe" Those words equity justice and whatever else, will become null and void.

All these shameless folks proudly beating their chests of tribalism and bigotry against simple and common logic and truth should understand that table for shake and infact when it shakes it may take a turn for the worse or for the good. Whichever case it be they should remember that 2024 was their chance to do the right thing and they chose to bury it because of Hate for NDIGBO.

After 2024 we will still understand whether the words equity and justice hold meaning to some People, one thing is certain though in the nearest future make no Omoluabi of any kind anywhere ((depending on the outcome of the election) scream equity and justice because such would be seen as madness, none will be heeded even if one section of the country continues to monopolize power we shall all enjoy it together.

As you guys lay your bed so shall you lie on it. Karma is a consistent bitch!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Eriokanmi: 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
donaldking100:
Poll conducted by A.P.C show him getting 72%.
Polls by P.D.P show him getting 72%.
Poll by boombag show him getting 72%.
Polls by arise TV show him getting 73%.
C.N.N call him most popular candidate.
Vote for obi, don't waste your vote on a sick man who isn't strong enough to face the daily rigors of running a massive country of 200 million.
That's it. Nigeria is even more populated than what they tell us on paper. One of my white friends, a GIS expert said Nigerian population is actually tending towards 300m. So, it takes a very active leader to lead such a populous country as ours. This country is massive.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Truthdeypain: 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
PeterObi4LP:
Greed is not good.
Yoruba do to others what you want them do for you. Our son Osibanjo is rounding up his tenure as VP, yet we want to still project Tinubu to take over. When SE start playing the games we are playing, you see people turn it into tribalism, bigotry and religion. If South East can't have it in 2023, then let the North continue to keep it until South decide to borrow some sense.

While there are some very reasonable Yorubas, it is almost difficult to imagine that in this 21st century most are still fondly and culturally tribalistic, favouring all injustices to others especially Igbos. One thing is certain after this election since these folks have refused to recognize any form of truths and injustice but have chosen to blind their hearts with "My tribe is my tribe" Those words equity justice and whatever else, will become null and void.

Folks proudly beating their chests of tribalism and bigotry against simple and common logic and truth should understand that table shake and infact when it shakes it may take a turn for the worse or for the good. Whichever case it be, they should remember that 2023 was their chance to do the right thing and they chose to bury it because of Hate for NDIGBO.

After 2023 we will still understand whether the words equity and justice hold meaning to some People, one thing is certain though in the nearest future make no Omoluabi of any kind anywhere ((depending on the outcome of the election) scream equity and justice because such would be seen as madness, none will be heeded even if one section of the country continues to monopolize power we shall all enjoy it together.

As you guys lay your bed so shall you lie on it. Karma is a consistent bitch!
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Ddokie: 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
Babaibe:

He will loose gallantly, Obi the day dreamer

I pray he doesn't because I want to raise my kids here not abroad, and i want them to live and raise there own kids here as well.

I know you have a damaged destiny already, so you can't imagine a life better than the misery you live in today.

I pray you see the light.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by hmohammed(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
dre11:
ANAYO EZUGWU reports on the division among some Yoruba leaders over support for the presidential candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Labour Party (LP), Bola Tinubu and Peter Obi, respectively

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/presidency-swest-at-crossroads-over-tinubu-obi/

Tinubu cannot win this election. It will take a Miracle. I think Atiku will grab it easily.

I am scared for Nigeria. God will punish PDP.
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by koladebrainiac(m): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ddokie:

even if he sheds his blood for them, they will not vote for him.
its not necessary he vote, at least 20% of the entire northern vote will do
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by newisd75: 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
if d opinion poll for sw b/w peter vs BAT also apply 2 oyo state, then it'll mean that 70% of bat supporters in d rally at oyo are not with their pvc, 4 e.g 700000 have not collected pvc in oyo state. opinion poll is base on dos with pvc
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by papagiddy(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Yoruba adage says ""you daughter can't have big bakasi and u now carry beads go put in another child bakasi" may we not labour in vain in Jesus name amen!
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by JoeNL22(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
vastolord4:
Na southwest go split Tinubus' vote seriously
Very true.....Tinubu is in serious trouble

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Reptyle(m): 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
dre11:
ANAYO EZUGWU reports on the division among some Yoruba leaders over support for the presidential candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Labour Party (LP), Bola Tinubu and Peter Obi, respectively

There is no division in the Southwest - Tinubu will win the zone with an astounding landslide.

Adebanjo and his faction of Afenifere carry little or no political weight in the Southwest. The main body of Afenifere led by Pa Fasoranti is solidly behind Tinubu's candidacy.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Truthdeypain: 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
Cantonese:
“ So, who is best to protect the interest of Yoruba people and the interest of other Nigerians? The ARG is of the view that the Yoruba candidate is better suited.

We have had experience in the past where the Yoruba people were sidelined during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan. “So, we cannot go ahead and put the faith of our people in the hands of people who cannot guarantee our future”.

Hypocrisy at the highest. You first want a Yoruba candidate that will protect the interest of the Yorubas. On the other hand the Yoruba candidate will protect the interest of other Nigerians. How some of these people reason is unimaginable.

Maybe they think others are stupid. How can a man who is supported and expected to protect the interest of a particular ethnic group, go ahead to protect the interest of other ethnic groups? How can a man who is biased in favour of his people, protect the interest of others?

Once again Nigerians must open their eyes to see the destruction caused by the political class. If Igbos vote for Obi because he will protect the Igbos; Hausa/Fulani vote for Atiku/Kwakwanso, will we have a country to call Nigeria?

The APC Governorship candidate for Katsina State said, if Tinubu/Shettima ticket fails, it is Islam that failed. Now we see that the Muslim Muslim ticket is not a religious thing.

Nigeria is in deep political issues.

Your dissection is most true. These peeps are naturally and culturally tribalistic quite a few sometimes have mastered the art of silencing that culture to allow reason prevail.

It would seem the IGBOS are the most detribalized Nigerians, if only Nigeria would borrow a leaf from her. Yet after all her sacrifices none is still willing to reciprocate in kind especially those betraying lots..

Maybe all man should go back home and vote his tribesmen. You see all these so called educated elites playing very tribalistic and ethnic politics, yet the kind IGBO politicians who have been meted the worst injustices are still trying their best even promising heaven and earth to make sure that there is not a semblance of ethnic or tribal sentiments even though it is rightly their turn.

The sheer hypocricy of these folks to come in public and preach tribalism has never amazed me sha, shey person wey no vote their own dem say na Omo Ale, their position has always been clear. The North are clamouring one Nigeria for their own selfish interest, Yorubas are not any better. iGBOs have generally been more realistic and hopeless about the Nigerian situation. Unfortunately nobody gives an egg about her.

Fake ass Nigerians see all the useless tribalists on this forum are the same folks always screaming one Nigeria, what is the problem if Tinubu imagines to win all the states in the east, same with Obi should it not be seen as nationalist politics worthy of encouragement even if unrealistic. Is divisive and ethnic politics better for Nigerias democracy what kind of animals do we have in this forum, some posts are just pure disgusting.

Nigeria is worse in unity now than It was 62 years ago, we seem to be moving backwards by the day due to some greedy and ethnic irredentists who have sworn to die as such. It is best Nigeria seperated so Yorubas and Hausas can keep voting along ethnic lines!
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Gaabasky: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
Oga don't disturb yourself even if Obi win the whole South, he can't win over all. That's is the fact, u may not like it but that is the big fact.
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by seunodediranivy: 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
Crossroad ko, crossroad ni, S/W is fully BATFIED, nothing will change it. Let the flat head people continue their bragging. We shall meet in February, 2023. All what i know is that after the battle is won by BAT and lost by others, agitation for biafra nation will continue.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by ChicagoBar(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
Vote Jagaban Bola Ahmad Tinubu..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZsa0Gneq8s
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Aguogba(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
If you're from SW and you think a Tinubu/Shettima presidency is right after Obasanjo's 8yrs, Osinbajo's 8yrs, please explain your reason to me and other southerners.

If you're from SW and you think Igbos are supporting Obi because he is from SE, do you remember that Chuba Okadigbo was vice to Buhari and they lost in all SE States. OBJ won in all. Also Rochas Okorocha, Orji Uzor Kalu, Chris Okotie and Dave Umahi have contested for presidency. Did you see them getting any support from Igbos even at primary level? Why is it that when a Yoruba person contests for presidency, it is national but when the person is from SE, it becomes Igbo presidency? Please explain what Igbo presidency even means if SE is still in Nigeria.

Lastly, less than 1% of SE-terners are Muslims but they , like other enlightened Nigerians openly kick against a Muslim-Muslim ticket but you from SW with all your sophistication do not even understand the dangers of such leadership in a secular and religiously diverse Nigeria? Remember Hijab saga which only happens in SW even in church owned schools. Please explain to me why you support such a ticket.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by seunodediranivy: 4:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Oga don't disturb yourself even if Obi win the whole South, he can't win over all. That's is the fact, u may not like it but that is the big fact.

win in whole south, where in S? I laugh ke ke ke keeeeee, i want to tell you, he cannot have 15% of anambra votes, who will vote him in the south?. Time will speak.
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by colestephan86: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
dre11:
Where the road cross

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by obyrich(m): 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
Paperwhite:
Hehehe! This election is going to change the dynamics of Nigerian politics. Things will never be the same.
They keep shifting the goal posts. Reality is creeping on them. Now Obi have his people everywhere and no long Internet online supporters without PVC. grin
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by aariwa(m): 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ddokie:
Obi should focus on the South, targeting 75% of the votes from the SE and SS, while targeting 25% in the SW (except lag where he would do very very well). He should double up efforts in the middle belt states of Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Plateau, Benue and Abuja, as well as the core northern states of Kaduna, Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe, and Bauchi.

The Muslim northerners that will vote Obi have already made up their minds to do so, and they are very few. The others won't vote for him.

But that shouldn't be a problem because APC, Atiku and Kwankwaso will do so much splitting of the muslim north votes that it wouldn't be able to give anyone victory.

That’s exactly the way the elections is going now . There are other suprises too for Obi as most northern Christians were annoyed by Shehu mahdi speech as insensitive to Deborah Samuels death now have vowed to vote Obi
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by SugarGirl44(f): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
donaldking100:
Vote for obi, don't waste your vote on a sick man who isn't strong enough to face the daily rigors of running a massive country of 200 million.

The pre-election victory is for obi while the post election is for Tinubu.
It won't be fair for zombidients not to have a taste of what victory feels like.
So continue rejoicing while it lasts.
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Bluntemperor: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
No cross road anywhere
The Yoruba will vote for Peter Obi in large numbers
You and OP are just sharing your opinions and is allowed in a true Democracy!
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by g4gerald: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faiththatworks:
always start by making my bias very clear,I will vote for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February 2023 and yes I have my Voters card ready.
Back to the matter,I hope Asiwaju's aides come to Nairaland to read comments,I think it's time for Us Asiwaju Die hard supporters to be realistic with what will happen Next year.
It's time to start making projections for Next year Elections.
The Task to elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will be a battle,and it's time to start fighting Dirty.
The projections are very simple, whoever will become president of Nigeria needs to win only 17 states,I repeat only 17 states.
Asiwaju must be realistic about his projections,the North will betray him so he should stop the very crazy and futile effort of trying to please them.
My own Suggestions is for Asiwaju to concentrate on the 6 South-west states,and humble himself to make a deal with Gov Obaseki,Edo state is the only state that looks winnable outside the areas where ApC has Governors.
He should throw his resources into Cross Rivers and Ebonyi state.
Asiwaju will only be president if he can win at least 9 states in the South.
He should focus on these 4 States in the North Central,kogi,Kwara, Nassarawa and Niger.
For the North West and North East,only a Zombie will think H.E Atiku and Sen Kwankwanso will lose their states to Asiwaju.
He should only focus on winning four states in the North West and East.
Borno,Yobe,Kebbi and Gombe.
Only those 4 States look winnable.
I think Asiwaju supporters should start helping H.E Obi campaign, Peter Obi must scatter Atiku Vote in all the Eastern States and some South-south States.
Obi must win at least 3 states while Kwankwanso must win at least Kano and Jigawa.
This is the only route I see through which Asiwaju can ever become the President of Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.
I just dey read ur comment dey laugh, the way ur emphasizing 'Asiwaju should focus' 'He should focus'. The question is where is the Asiwaju? how can he focus on these states u mentioned wen he is still riding bicycle in UK, better go nd tell him that campaign has started, i guess he is not aware. Someone who is not even around to kick start his own campaign in an election where he is among the top 3 contenders wit an unknown time of return.
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Elliotwaveforec: 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
adioolayi:

Lol...You are busy comparing an election, where Yoruba is a running mate and also, a State affair where all aspirants are indigens of that State irrespective of their political parties....these two situations are your own yard stick to determine how Yoruba's will vote...you now curry your assertions with the Muslim-Muslim ticket Rhetorics... grin grin grin

Omo eni ko ni se idi bebere...Ka wa fi ileke s'idi Omo elomiran (one's child will not have a good body structure and you will put a befitting beads on another person's child)

SouthWest, Yoruba's will vote Tinubu...

You think Yoruba's are stewpid

SE-Igbos will vote Peter Obi and the Fulani extractions will Vote Atiku....It's is what it is..

Who will win...I don't know...but it's actually nonsensical to think Yoruba's won't Vote their Son..

As I type this...most indigenous clubs like Central Council of Ibadan Indigens and many big sociocultural subgroups in Yoruba land are for Tinubu...forget Afenifere's rhetorics.

Will these support be enough

For me...The Hausas and Middlebelts will determine who governs Nigeria Next.

And the middle-belt still has Yorubas there in 2 states e.g Kogi and Kwara.
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by deji17: 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by OceanRed(m): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
There is no cross road! we wont vote AN IPOB supporter. we wont vote for a candidate whose tribe see others as inferior. chest beaters, hateful, vile spewing tribe that always attempt to dominate others. we wont vote a candidate that said election shouldn't be about religion but was jumping from church to church telling congregation to take back their country. never bothered to visit any mosque anyway! south west wont vote a candidate that always mouth the word competency at any given chance without saying where their competent lies and what they have achieved with their competency before.. and so much more....
we will vote tinubu, not only because he is from south west, he is a proven administrator with wide experience and good record. whatever achievement he had as a lagos governor will be a starting point for him as a Nigeria president. on Tinubu Mandate we stand!
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by zionstaar75: 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
donaldking100:
I'm the state coordinator for obi-datti 30km car rally in kwara on the 3rd of December. Send me an email on how to be a part of it
Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by g4gerald: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
Aguogba:
If you're from SW and you think a Tinubu/Shettima presidency is right after Obasanjo's 8yrs, Osinbajo's 8yrs, please explain your reason to me and other southerners.

If you're from SW and you think Igbos are supporting Obi because he is from SE, do you remember that Chuba Okadigbo was vice to Buhari and they lost in all SE States. OBJ won in all. Also Rochas Okorocha, Orji Uzor Kalu, Chris Okotie and Dave Umahi have contested for presidency. Did you see them getting any support from Igbos even at primary level? Why is it that when a Yoruba person contests for presidency, it is national but when the person is from SE, it becomes Igbo presidency? Please explain what Igbo presidency even means if SE is still in Nigeria.

Lastly, less than 1% of SE-terners are Muslims but they , like other enlightened Nigerians openly kick against a Muslim-Muslim ticket but you from SW with all your sophistication do not even understand the dangers of such leadership in a secular and religiously diverse Nigeria? Remember Hijab saga which only happens in SW even in church owned schools. Please explain to me why you support such a ticket.

Don't mind them even Ojukwu himself, the Ikemba of Igbo land contested presidency under APGA yet no significant support from the igbos, I usually tell pple if u think Igbos are bigots try remove Peter Obi from the picture nd replace him wit Orji uzor kalu or Rochas Okorocha then replace Tinubu wit Osibanjo and see weda the Igbos will not vote Osibanjo

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Traplord09: 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
Mandate2023:
All dis ipigs and there stupidity grin

The looters aways come to front door
And blaming obi.... ....

Look we not slave ok....
If southeast can't not be wellçome divide the country
And let see were it end ...

Let everyone have a there own State......

Believe me no yurba we rule rether north keep on what there president... Till God nos when .. yes. ..

Y southwest we keep on de slave work with there master grin

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Traplord09: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
BATified2023:
u know igbos can be delusional

Let’s leave them to their delusion

Babaaaa baaaaa baaaaabaa..
Slave we aways be enslaved..

Re: Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi by Traplord09: 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
chloride6:
No single cross roads…

Obi won’t get 20 percent in Lagos..

You keep da dream all true the night. Wake up.....
Tinuubff we make you cry time come..

Rather north we keep with there president
Your brother yurba we never have de provence to rule Nigeria.. .....

Igbos are not fool by what we see we get brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Don't Drink, I Don't Smoke, And I've Stopped Womanizing" - Atiku Abubakar / Buhari And Mustapha Jakolo In Medina In 1984 / Olusegun Obasanjo Inaugurates Azikel Refinery In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.