Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum (11972 Views)

Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain / Bad Road: This Is Gafaru Street In Ikotun, Alimosho LGA, Lagos State, Nigeria / Lagos-Badagry Expressway: See The Bad Road Motorists, Residents Go Through Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by obyrich(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
asanausana91:
you must look for way to blame others. If dangote is doing road in Lagos,then you should know that dangote has an agreement with the government and the same government agree to give him waiva. You cannot see Lagos people going to dangote company to protest dilapidated roads. The government should negotiate with the company involved, not this rubbish trying to blame everybody except your leaders.
The agreement is not with Lagos State Government. I must look for a way to blame others who will never allow Igbos handle their issues their own way. I personally know the roads in question and feel for the host community. This include the on indigenes who reside within the area.

I contribute money to fix my street road where I reside. That doesn't mean I do not pay Tax.
Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by INDOMIE9090(f): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
asanausana91:
If you want to have an easy leadership go and contest for governor of any of the five states in the south east. You cannot see them blaming their leaders, anything happens they either blame Buhari, Tinubu, DSS, fulani, APC, the north,or the Yoruba. You cannot see them blaming Peter Obi who used their money to sustain fidelity Bank and stop the bank from been liquidated without paying one naira interest. Now Peter Obi is seen as a god after stealing from them.
I swear they won’t blame their leaders .
Assuming tinubu is the governor wey flog their mama ass for coming late to work,I swear by now internet go don burst with lot of wailings from children of perditions and hate

1 Like

Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by dmostcheerful(f): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
asanausana91:
he is paying taxes to Abia state government.
What Tinubu is to Lagos that's what OUK is to Abia state
Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by Akerele44(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
LeoDeKing:
They must just blame every other persons but themselves. So road construction is now the responsibility of companies, not govt? Shebi the companies no dey pay tax ni? Is the road not part of what they pay tax for?

Honestly, South East govs are the luckiest leaders in Nigeria. Pack all the money, tell them to start blaming Tinubu for the poor roads. It is now the turn of companies since insulting Tinubu is not giving any results.
I will never stop saying this
I think there leaders in south east had charmed there citizens not to say anything bad about them but other people's and tribes

Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by Cantonese: 4:28pm On Oct 05, 2022
OOSmilling:
bro. Social responsibility of a company is not by using 50 percent of their annual profit to fix road in the name of social responsibility. To fix dat road in a standard form will require minimum of 6 billon naira. What campany can do under social responsibility is palliative or grading bcs of the calibre of d two companies that are there, they r not oil companies, but there is a CLAUSE signed by buhari administration in 2019 dat company can fix road and money shall be deducted frm their taxes, that is wot Dangote group and others are using to fix lagos road and receive tax waivers, but here abia state govt wants to eat her cake and have it. That same plan is on going but d govt is frustrating d process. I pass d road every week.

Did you read where the locals said that the two companies have an average of 300 trucks traversing the road daily? Did you read the part where they said that as a community, they had spent 20 million fixing the road for their own benefit. Did you not read the part where the company said that they were awaiting government approval? Awaiting government approval means that they intend to fix the road properly and they have the resources. How they go about financing is their business. Government approval is just to ensure that whatever they do tallies with government plan for that particular road.

Now you cannot compare the incomes of those companies with those in Apapa, Lagos, already mentioned by me. They polled resources together to make up the N100b needed at the time to fix the roads. They also got approval from government to fix the roads. Without government approval, the companies could be sued by the same government. It is the business of government to fix roads and provide other social amenities.

To fix that road, government will demonstrate magnanimity by reducing their financial burden. That is called Tax waiver. I am not from Abia state, but I know that the government is not stupid . Approvals will take some time, especially if not properly channeled. Now that the issue has come out publicly, I think the approval will go faster.
Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
LeoDeKing:
They must just blame every other persons but themselves. So road construction is now the responsibility of companies, not govt? Shebi the companies no dey pay tax ni? Is the road not part of what they pay tax for?

Honestly, South East govs are the luckiest leaders in Nigeria. Pack all the money, tell them to start blaming Tinubu for the poor roads. It is now the turn of companies since insulting Tinubu is not giving any results.

slaves always say trash...

We want to see communities in Ekiti and Osun..

Every yoruba na lagosian..hahahahahahahaha.

Tinubu is the only name I hear yorubas say...God damn it...

Take back Ilorin ...simple hehehehehe
Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by asanausana91: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
obyrich:
The agreement is not with Lagos State Government. I must look for a way to blame others who will never allow Igbos handle their issues their own way. I personally know the roads in question and feel for the host community. This include the on indigenes who reside within the area.

I contribute money to fix my street road where I reside. That doesn't mean I do not pay Tax.
give me one reason why you are voting for your governors, local government chairmen
Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by lovinagbad: 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
We no go gree.Nah BAT fault
Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by chukel(m): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
The people are just as stupid as their governor.
Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
There should be a combined effort of resudents, the major industries and State Government to fix the road to the standard of Trunk A that can carry heavy duty vehicles.
Re: Bad Road: Abia Communities Protest Against Coys, Give December Ultimatum by John4B: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2022
LeoDeKing:

What concerns tinubu in this matter? Must u bring tribe in everything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice On Dubai Visa And Workhn Permit / How To Survive A Trip To Lagos On Less Than $10 A Day / Let Talk About Scholarships (any country)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.