Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately (40220 Views)

ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) / Over 2000 Edo Teachers To Commence Teaching With ICT Tools From April 23 / UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Bigchristo: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I heard that the FG will pay CONUA members the 7months salary together with October and November salaries.

Nice gesture by FG to encourage CONUA in their quest to rescue our universities from being destroyed by ASUU.
It’s the other way round FG is the destroying our education system, Government is making a shortcut instead of resolving the brewing crisis on ground, FG accumulated series of unpaid salaries and you expect lecturers to go back to class? If one of the affected lecturers was your father,mother or relatives and they haven’t been paid in a long time would you say this? CONUA don’t have the full capacity to attend to all varsities around Nigeria FG is just playing a game that will backfire grin grin
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by alluson(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2022
Mr analyst, I want to ask you small question....so federal government is ready to pay for past lost months to the new union but not the old, WHAT MADE YOU THINK THE OLD WOULDNT MIGRATE TO NEW AND STILL REMAIN OLD
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything, then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol.

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by deavicky(m): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2022
etrange:

I may not agree with the guy you quoted, but after reading his comment and yours, it's obvious you're the commenting like an under-the-bridge kind of person. If you were educated, you would have known that calling him a person with a low IQ because you didn't agree with his opinion is a very uncivilized way of making your point.
well be it as it may, I still insist on my word. I have my reasons.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by sureEbh: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
There's a thin line between demands and Blackmail. ASUU seem to be very good in using students as blackmail but it seems FG is serious with them this time around.

First you go on strike without even considering the students who are not complaining of anything, then you claim FG wants to destroy the university system, now you're dictating to your employer to accept your own mode of payment, then after all has lingered on for months close to a year you're still demanding all your salaries and arreas throughout those months sat at home should be paid or else you won't call off lol.

I hope FG pays CONUA the 8 months salaries to make lecturers ditch the selfish ASUU so they can be rendered useless. The educational sector is bad yet, ASUU continues contributing to the rot by wasting student's time at home. Nonsense and ASUU

You are so shallow in your thoughts. Assuming but not conceding that other lecturers will move to CONUA to receive thier salaries. Does that solve the issues? That's like treating a terminal disease with fake medications with the aim to slow progression. But, in end, the situation gets even worse, causing the disease to progress even faster. Watch and see how it goes from here. FG won't win this fight. That I can assure you.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by ChukwuObe: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
Angelfrost:

Why is the education sector bad and what has APC led government put in place to rescue and restore it??!

The quality of professionals and graduates being released daily are so bad, they are almost unemployable!

It does not start today. The quality has been degrading for some years now. That is why we have a 3rd class GCE degree vying for the position of presidency in this country. How many employer are ready to take 3rd class degree as their employee now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Bustincole(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
Wat FG has done to ASUU

will sure be done to all dis new ASUU
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Jokerman(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
Esseite:

- Sit with ASUU and discuss.. over 800,000 barrels of crude is stolen daily by politicians..

- Over 346 ghost schools earn from N1bn daily feeding while our universities are in comatose...

- An ordinary senior media PA to a politician earns over 1m naira monthly excluding allowances, while an erudite professor holding the future of the country barely goes home with N300k..

- A councillor of a political party earns over 500k monthly, while a senior lecturer building the leaders of tomorrow cant even boast of N250k that is together monthly.

Sit with ASUU and discuss.

You have Time to reply the political dingbat
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Jijuo: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
It is all over for ASUU.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by loko50(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:
agreement that has been renegotiated or which agreement are we talking about again?

Even the renegotiated agreement was thrown in the bin by FG
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Okwyjesus(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by loko50(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jijuo:
It is all over for ASUU.

You are wrong. There is no single CONUA member is my school
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
GeneralPula:
Whatever that will make these students gets back to school is so welcome

But the funding issue remains

Either you back goverment raising fees or taxes or you acccept bad schools

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by jaxxy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
nobody is a member of the union idiots undecided grin

Jijuo:
It is all over for ASUU.

Fg cannot create unions for lecturers, doctors or whoever. They can call for a proper meeting with key stakeholders like parents and students unions or representatives.
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by ajayiopy: 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kasssandra:
Goverment does not want to raise fees

Or make more people pay taxes.

Neither do the university lecturers

That is what this is really all about

THE EARLIER WE REALISE THAT:
1) EDUCATION IS NOT CHEAP(RAISING SCHOOL FEES TO 100K WILL NOT BE BAD IDEA)
2)UNIVERSITY EDUCATION IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
3) ASSU MEMBER SHOULD BE MORE PRODUCTIVE IN RESERACH AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY,WITH THAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE SIDE HUSTLE AND GAIN GLOBAL RECOGNATION.
4) STATE GOVERNMENT SHOULS INVEST MORE IN TERTIARY EDUCATION-----LASU,KOGI STATE AND KADUNA ARE ALREADY DOING THAT. A TIME WILL COME THAT SOME STATE UNIVERSITIES WILL BE FAR BETTER THAN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY AND PRIVATE UNIVERSITY
5)GOVERNMENT SHOULD KNOW THAT THIS APPROACH IS NOT THE BEST,LOOK FOR A REASOANABLE WAY TO SORT THINGS OUT.OTHERWISE,FG WILL BE INVESTING ON LECTURERS AND THEY WILL BE FINDING THIER WAY OUT TO OUTSIDE NIGERIA AND PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by HitRun(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I hope you know that government's expenditures are budgeted for?

FG promised to release the financial aspect of ASUU'S demands in next year's budget, but ASUU did not agree.

On salary review, FG also accepted to make some upward adjustments in their salaries, to be reflected in next year's budget but ASUU would have none of that.

UTAS was said to have failed integrity tests so cannot be deployed as payment platform for the lecturers for now, yet ASUU is insisting that it must be deployed. Office of the accountant general of the federation has also asked to capture any peculiar allowances of lecturers on IPPIS but ASUU wouldn't take that.

The govt promised to include the financial demand in the budget 22 budget, they didn’t.

Nitda in the meeting with gbajabiamila said that all three payment platforms tested, including IPPIS failed the test, why pay with IPPIS?

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Graceunlimitedd(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I heard that the FG will pay CONUA members the 7months salary together with October and November salaries.

Nice gesture by FG to encourage CONUA in their quest to rescue our universities from being destroyed by ASUU.
massive porting of all lecturers from ASUU to conua cheesy
who wants to continue loyalty with ASUU by turning down this watering offer?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Onuoha1234(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
You can take the horse to the river you cannot make it drink.They can go back and still don't teach. I know it. I was once a HOD in one prestigious university. I know how universities operate. Sooner or later politicians will learn their lessons.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by alizma: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
eyenogoquiet:
Ok. Quite funny if one thinks about the power games been played by all this groups from FG to ASUU to the new unions.

Small small dem don want comot teeth for ASUU mouth; moving on from here now na the university system (students and structures) go suffer am.

This is using a short term solution for a seriously serious long term problem. The losses are gonna automatically pass the gains
What do you expect when ASUU refused to shift ground a bit, we all know there is political undertone to the whole game, most of the things ASUU is asking for were not even signed or agreed on during this administration and of all the 8yrs of this administration, why is it now that ASUU want to form unshakable and unmovable body? When you fight, you leave room for reconciliation but when you fight without creating room for reconciliation then be prepared for the unexpected.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by HitRun(m): 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
He who wants to come with equity must come with clean hands. ASUU isn't clean and got it's hands burnt. APC didn't sign agreement with you but PDP. Why must APC suffer for the agreement PDP made.
Last last na ASUU members go suffer am. They should have just obeyed the court ruling and resume while negotiations continue.

The MOU and MOA the APC sign, did they keep to the agreement?
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by 9jatriot(m): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
Weda CONUA or ASUU, those 8 months salary don go.
The difference is that, those for CONUA will start receiving their salary from this month, while ASUU can continue their unpaid leave for as long as they want. No pressure at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
Onuoha1234:
You can take the horse to the river you cannot make it drink.They can go back and still don't teach. I know it. I was once a HOD in one prestigious university. I know how universities operate. Sooner or later politicians will learn their lessons.

At the end of the day, fees are going to go up to meet funding demands
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by TenQ: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:

Do you know how many months before the strike that the FG ignored ASUU?
The FG is highly irresponsible!

If it was a dispute between two people or two organisations and the FG has to intervene according to the rule of law, what would be the FGs decision on this case?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by GavelSlam: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
JosephXavier:
This government doesn't give a fu¢k about education and the future of Nigerian youths

If I see a youth campaigning for this government, just know that he or she is cursed

How do you convince me to vote for the same party knowing full well that most people that partook in this administration will still be reappointed if they eventually win

You must be STUPID.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by ModCaller: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
Oppression.

Las las, most Nigerians love being oppressed.
They just postponed the problem to the next administration using divide and conquer strategy.

Oppression
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by 9jatriot(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2022
Yes they did, you need to see the heavy investment in TETFunds and other fundings.
HitRun:

The MOU and MOA the APC sign, did they keep to the agreement?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by TenQ: 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
I hope you know that government's expenditures are budgeted for?

FG promised to release the financial aspect of ASUU'S demands in next year's budget, but ASUU did not agree.

On salary review, FG also accepted to make some upward adjustments in their salaries, to be reflected in next year's budget but ASUU would have none of that.

UTAS was said to have failed integrity tests so cannot be deployed as payment platform for the lecturers for now, yet ASUU is insisting that it must be deployed. Office of the accountant general of the federation has also asked to capture any peculiar allowances of lecturers on IPPIS but ASUU wouldn't take that.

How did UTAS fail the integrity test?
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Everlastingson: 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2022
itsRhamzy:

Your second paragraph is pure trash. How old are you? Did you school in a Nigerian University? How was your school hostel and laboratory, for example, infrastructure wise? And you just said the students aren't complaining of anything? Some strokes of cane is not out of place for you.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by LordIsaac(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
Will CONUA benefit from all the demands of ASUU if implemented? Which kain wahala be dis grin
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Elidrisy20: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
Wahala for ASUU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by GENES11S: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
ValCon888:
Instead of you to deal with a one-headed dragon, you created two more to deal with a triple-headed dragon.

The CONUA and NAMDA of today will still be the ASUU of tomorrow.

grin grin grin grin

Very funny but accurate
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by HIPROFILE(m): 2:59pm On Oct 05, 2022
This is causing more problems than solving them...

This APC government na real case study of cluelessness.

I thought GEJ was clueless. Forgive me GEJ
Re: ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately by Walelavender(m): 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
ASUU don overdo this thing na. It doesn't look as if they are ready to shift ground after the government decided to increase their salary- they said it wasn't enough sad

IPPIS is not perfect, it could be updated as more recommendations are made, but insisting, as employees, how you want to be paid, leaves so much to be desired

We know this government isn't ready to break the banks for ASUU, but the govt has conceded in some areas, the union should do too, to allow these helpless students return to class

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mass Communication Degree To Be Phased Out As Professors Submit New Curricula / This Female UNIABUJA Undergraduate Is Missing!! Have You Seen Her? (Photos) / Some Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.