Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,215 members, 7,780,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:38 PM

Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel (31394 Views)

ASUU: Ngige Has Failed Nigerians, Remove Him Now – Elebute / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU Strike: What Is The Resolution Of The ASUU Chapter In Your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by politicoNG: 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Video:
https://twitter.com/ARISEtv/status/1577606028522405888?s=19

Attahiru Jega, former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), says Chris Ngige, minister of labour and employment, has turned the industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) into a personal quarrel.

Speaking on Tuesday during a programme on Arise TV, Jega said Ngige is creating more problems than solutions.

Unfortunately, right now, the minister of labour is not helping matters. He has turned this into a personal quarrel between him and the minister of education on one hand and between himself and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) on the other,” Jega said.

While many other people are trying to find a way of addressing this situation so that students can go back to school and ASUU can go back to work, he is busy creating challenges.

He now took the matter to the industrial court, now today, he now registered two unions and he is trying to proscribe ASUU.

If this is allowed by this government, I think this is a recipe for disaster and it may really create more problems than it can solve on this matter of strike in the universities.”

ASUU has been on strike since February 2022 to press home the demand for improved funding for universities, and a review of salaries for lecturers, among other issues.

Several meetings between ASUU and the federal government have ended in deadlock.

Consequently, the federal government went to court to challenge the strike.

On September 21, the National Industrial Court of Nigeria (NICN) ordered ASUU to call off its strike, after which the union filed an appeal seeking a stay of execution of the judgment.

On Tuesday, the federal government formally recognised the Congress of Nigerian University Academics (CONUA), a breakaway faction of ASUU.

The minister of labour and employment presented the certificate of registration to CONUA at an event held in Abuja.

The move is believed to be an attempt to reduce the influence of ASUU.

https://www.thecable.ng/ngige-has-turned-ASUU-strike-to-personal-quarrel-says-jega/amp

Jega was a former Vice-President and later National President of ASUU (1988-1994).

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by fnep2smooth(m): 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ngige is on airplane mode... Him so de send anybody.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by vastolord4(m): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2022
He's kids school outside naija.. what do I expect

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Laggafin: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
You see why I don't like short people.. check all the short people in Govt.. from that midget in Kaduna to this Eskimo minister of Labour and his Education counterpart.. You see why it's not about tribe or religion .. it's about the character and personalities of most of our politicians who are united in destroying Nigeria and mortgaging the future of our great youths.. I implore us all .. the sensible and non sensible ones to please Vote Wisely come 2023 cool

180 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by noyd911(m): 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
PDP don hijack this ASUU strike so they'll have something to woo the students during campaign. That's Nigerian politics for you

OBI we want and OBI we shall get!!

Please call us for your kitchen design and development. We're partners from concept to completion and beyond.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by marlow1962(m): 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
ASUU affected students should go and find something to do with their life, cus the more they wait the more dia dream dies. Trust me you don’t want to waste all these months for nothing.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by CaptainAyub: 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
Shut up Jega abi jagajaga.
The buhari you helped rig in has grounded the country financially, Ngige is just trying to snowball ASUU cos the government doesn't have money to pay ASUU or even anybody.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by peppermint7(m): 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
My own anger with this whole situation is that some foolish students who have been in their homes for the past five months wants to vote the clown that sold them this bad governance again.
Tufia
Any university student that votes tinubu is devilish

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by GboyegaD(m): 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
For those cheering Ngige, they should continue. The interesting thing is that there isn't much CONUASS can achieve.

Ife CONUASS taught however, students could not write exams because ASUU is on strike. So what was the relevance?

We all should think and vote wisely in the forth coming elections.

13 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Brendaniel: 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
When I see people supporting the FG against ASUU, I just shake my head, if only they know the future disaster that ASUU is fighting against, it might look selfish on their side now, but you will thank them for standing their grounds in future.

You think police extortion in Nigeria just started like that - It first started with FG's neglect on police

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by streetpaddy(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Bonaventura(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
Fear short people

Don't blame Ngige, blame his height

Because of their height, it is very easy for grudges and anger to go over them thrice more than the tall or average height person.

15 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by iiifedimma(f): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
Okay
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by festacman(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
As a former SUG official, I and my colleagues often met our University authority half way in our demands. At no time had the university authority met every of our requests or grievances. I am sure the story is the same in other universities across Nigeria. In fact stubborn SUGs were proscribed. Incidentally, ASUU member constitute a good percentage of this UNIVERSITY AUTHORITY. So, why is it difficult to make concessions?

The tail does not wag the dog. It is the other way round. Any organization that can hold Federal Government to ransom by refusing to make concessions has grown than expected.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by franchasofficia: 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
The same way Attahiru Jega turned 2015 Presidential election into a Northern agenda against the South that every northerner, including wife of Buhari is regretting today cry

21 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by DatNaijaGuy: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
See me see wahala
Jega is an integral part of those that brought this calamity on Nigeria.
He rigged the election for PMB and probably thought he would be compensated for rigging his Muslim and Northern brother into office.
Show no dey since 2015 baba don turn wailer.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
If he did because of students getting back to class, it worth it.

We can't keep folding arms and allow ASUU playing Politics with the strike and on the other hand, the life of Students.

ASUU can't be asking for everything without being ready to make sacrifice.

I hope CONUA get back to class on time.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Moferere: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
I no blame Ngige, I blame who dash a medical doctor a minister of Labour.

8 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by okosodo: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ngige should remember that he would soon become an ordinary citizen
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Tinubuwins2023e: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
I will do the same too when one useless group of people because of there selfish interest makes me look incompetent.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Way4orward: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
You're among those that put this country in this situation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by JosephXavier: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ngige, a highly respected individual, once loved by Ndi Anambra for standing with the people against godfatherism and the attempt by the Uba family to Tinubulize Anambra state, has murdered all the integrity he has just for APC

The worst is that the Education minister, Mr. Adamu Adamu who is supposed to be at the forefront of these negotiations is busy eating tuwo shinkafa at the Minister's quarters while they sent Sen. Chris Ngige to make a jest of his career

He is the worst education Minister has seen

14 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by slickbak(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
It annoys him he can’t bribe. In order to transfer the problem to the next administration as they’ve always done.

6 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by MadeInTokyo: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
grin grin grin
Ngige will be locked in Kiirikiri in 2023

8 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Starz825(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
See the third comment up there...
Have you seen it...read it again....

If you no gree read am again means say you be short person cheesy
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by YoungLionken(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Apart from Buhari that's obviously a colossal failure, the so called ASUU and their counter parts are also a big fat disgrace to students and Nigerians in general..

I think we should have a system whereby, everyone's children in government, should attend schools within the country. It would go a long way in solving a lot of shenanigans displayed by these old nincompoops...

4 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Viraltrends123: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
vastolord4:

Hi daughter studied medicine in unilag.
His kids are not studying outside.

The man knows this people, if you know how this people are siphoning money ehnn, you sef if you are the one, you fight for the corner corner, it's just like stoping police from doing road safety work

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Blattitouray(m): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by peter8535: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
H
Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Donaldkingstin(m): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
If Ngige beard was on fire, I would roast marshmallow
...no offense

4 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by iSense247: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
I don't blame him. I blame foolish Nigerians who voted the worst of men into power. Nigerians are not victims of bad governance but accomplices.

4 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
vastolord4:
His daughter just graduated from LUTH as recently as last year oga. She studied medicine at Idi Araba, Mushin, Lagos. That's not abroad.

13 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos / Students Seen Climbing Transformer Fence In A Bid To Cross Flood / Stephen Takim: A Notorious CRUTECH Lecturer Finally Nailed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.