Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,896 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:25 AM

Lawyers, Pls, State The Implications Of ASUU Not Obeying The Court's Order - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lawyers, Pls, State The Implications Of ASUU Not Obeying The Court's Order (2501 Views)

List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally / Student Begs ASUU Not To Call Off Strike / The Implications Of The Lowered JAMB Cut Off Marks For Our Education System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers, Pls, State The Implications Of ASUU Not Obeying The Court's Order by dbelovd(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
BigYash:
What's the use of resuming and not doing the right thing in classes? You think these lecturers will lecture students well in this situation, if they are forced to resume? Una dey cut branches, instead of tackling the root. Anyways their children dey UK and US schools,nothing concerns them.. Na una just dey fool una selves online..

Is it not possible for ASUU to adopt a different approach, instead of embarking on strike. Knowing fully well that students and their parents are the only casualty of these frequent strikes.

What I found amazing is, how ASUU expect university sector to flourish, even when all other sectors/aspect of our national lives are in comatose...

Being the highest body of intellectual in the nation, and having highest academic achievement in all fields of our human endeavour, one will expect them to know that, what is happening in Nigeria is abnormal and should not be tolerated.

They have professors of political science, professors of economics, professors of accounting, even professors on ICT, what about agriculture etc. So they know that our country is being run aground.

I expect ASUU to take charge of the agitation against misrule, I expect them to fight, not for salary increase, but for good governance, transparency and accountability etc. I expect them to invest more in voters' education and encourage active participation of citizens in governance.

They should have seen the trajectory the nation is heading, as a result of the recklessness of our leaders, and call them to order...

I know such feat is not easy, but what sacrifice is too much for the survival of our nation, and for humanity?

I expect them to be on the forefront, in conjunction with NLC and CSO, to free us from the bondage bequeathed to us by the politicians and even the elites.

If the struggle requires shutting down all the aspects of our national life for a month or even more, in order to reset the brain of our politicians to behave normally and give us good governance, so be it...

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers, Pls, State The Implications Of ASUU Not Obeying The Court's Order by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
ASUU is about to be cornered.
As it stands ASUU are left with just 3options; 1, to respect the court and immediately resume academic activities, 2, Or to appeal the ruling at the Supreme Court, 3, Resign from their jobs as lecturers in the federal institutions.

You can’t disregard the ruling of the nations top court, and continue to claim to work as lecturer in an institution owned by the federal government.
option 2, I learnt the case can't go beyond the Appeal Court
Re: Lawyers, Pls, State The Implications Of ASUU Not Obeying The Court's Order by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 10, 2022
The will resume classes for few days and resume the strike .
Re: Lawyers, Pls, State The Implications Of ASUU Not Obeying The Court's Order by Ebubu: 6:58am On Oct 10, 2022
tumababa:
The will resume classes for few days and resume the strike .
They cannot strike again once they call off, until the current appeal court case which hasn’t finished, is concluded.

and trust appeal court to keep postponing until new government is set up.
Re: Lawyers, Pls, State The Implications Of ASUU Not Obeying The Court's Order by mayor1814: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2022
Hmmm. This is so serious. We wish students will not be at the receiving end of transfer of aggression from lecturers. Gradually, standard of university education in Nigeria is falling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Masters Form Is Out / 2016/2017 Postgraduate Admission List Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka Is Out! / RE: CRK Has Finally Been Removed From The Syllabus. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.