Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. (941 Views)

Have you ever been duped by a house agent before?A friend of mine was duped. / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by Gipre(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2022
Hello everyone. Happy Sunday. Today, I'm not going to church because of the heavy rain falling here in my area in Lagos and my street gets flooded at times.

I want to narrate my experience at Ijebu-ode this past few weeks.

I'm from Imo state but I'm based in Lagos state.

In August, I got admitted into Ogun State College of Nursing Sciences, Ijebu-ode. When I saw my admission letter and saw "Ijebu-ode" because I have never been there before, I started making enquires about the place.

Most of the people I asked in Lagos about the place kept on telling me bad things about Ijebu-ode people and the place in general. I kept on wondering why?

A woman in my church who is from Ogun State too told me horrible things about the place despite being an indegene of the state.

I did all my school registration at the Ogun State Ministry of Health, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta and then proceeded to my school at Ijebu-ode for my School registeration.

The school is located at Oguntuga street, Omo Owo behind General Hospital Ijebu-ode.

The school said they do not give Accommodation to male students. Only females. To me, that is gender discrimination but that will be story for another day.

That was when my search for Accomodation began.

A female student who is in final year gave me contacts of two agents for me to call to get Accomodation. I decided to call one of them but he said he had only a room and Parlour for 250K

In my mind, I was like "Oga, I'm a student o, I no dey find Room and Parlour o. Even 250K sef, I no get". I just said OK and ended the conversation

I called the second agent who is an Ijebu-ode man. He even took me to his office close to General Hospital Ijebu-ode. He took me to a house which is a 2 bedroom apartment. The house is owned by one very old woman. This woman would be about over 100 years old. I think her children have all moved out of the house so the have empty rooms which they are renting the rooms to people.

He said the place is 250K but wants to repair the toilet/bathroom. He started to convince to take it and that he would bring someone to share the apartment with me so I will just pay half of the money (125K). Rent is 100K while 25K is Agency.

He then said if I can add extra 25K in top of it make it 150K, he will would repair the bad toilet BEFORE I MOVE IN. He said when he brings the next person and the person pays, he would give me back my 25K.

He kept on trying to convince me to take the place that is just a 1 minute walking distance to my school (the house is on the same street as my school).

I asked him to assure me he will would keep to his words because I can't even pay that amount with such toilet. He assured me and promised to transfer back my 25K.

He even asked me when I was going to move in I said Saturday (that was yesterday) and he said I should not worry, it is a one day work. He will do it before Saturday.

All these happened on Tuesday lastweek because school resumed that day. I transferred 150K to him which I borrowed. I gave him. He gave me receipt.

I travelled back to Lagos that day. All these while, I go from Lagos to Ijebu-ode. Very stressful if you ask me. I called him that evening but his phone was switched off. I felt maybe there was no light in his area.

I woke up on Wednesday and I had this strange weakness and heaviness all over my spirit and body. I am a child of God and I can spirit when God is telling me something. This heaviness of spirit lasted till night of that Wednesday and I kept on praying to God.

I remember telling someone that I'm spiriting something negative wants to happen so I prayed about it and moved on. I called him that Wednesday night still but his phone was still switched off.

I work up on Thursday morning still with that heaviness then I decided to call him in the afternoon and it rang. He picked and I asked him about the repairs he said he would do because I was to move in yesterday.

This man told me boldly that he would NOT do any repairs atall in that house until whenever he gets the second person to move in too and that was what he told me that day.

At that moment, I couldn't believe what I heard. Did this man just change the story he told me? Is this man trying to scam me? Did this man just breach agreement? I disagreed and told him he has breeched Agreement then he started raising his voice and did not know when he said that he can even give me back my money. I held on to that and told him to transfer my money back immediately but he refused saying I should come to Ijebu-ode with the receipt he gave me.

After this happened, I started having relief from that weakness and heaviness of spirit.
I started having divine peace.

I travelled down to Ijebu-ode on Friday and gave him the receipt. He started acting nice when he saw me and wanted both of us to talk. I did not even give him face atall because he is a Professional Criminal and Con-Artist.

I told him to transfer back my money. At that point, baba started acting like cartoon. Started blowing his phone and acting as if his phone was bad. Dismantling his phone and putting it back. Raising it up and down for it to catch network. What remains for him was to climb a pole to get network.

It took close to 30 minutes before he transferred my 150K back to me. Then he started causing trouble saying I should pay for his receipt 5K which I refused to pay. I only paid his so called reg fee of 2k which he told me the first day I was meant to pay for them to show u apartments.

So that is my ordeal with an agent at Ijebu-ode who tried to SCAM me.

My first time being in Ijebu-ode and having such ugly experience tells alot about what people have been telling me about the place and it's people.

Are there still good Ijebu-ode people

Should I use my real life experience to conclude on what people and indegenes of Ogun State have been telling me about Ijebu-ode people or did I just meet a bad one?

What are your thoughts?
Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by slan87(m): 11:31am On Oct 09, 2022
Brother, it rains everywhere. Just be vigilant, careful n whoever you choose to be your friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by ogashman(m): 11:31am On Oct 09, 2022
Op do not use one bad experience to generalized. Judge people by their dispositions and not by tribe.

We good and bad people in every tribe in Nigeria. No tribe have them higher than the other

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2022
Gipre:

He said the place is 250K but wants to repair the toilet/bathroom. He started to convince to take it and that he would bring someone to share the apartment with me so I will just pay half of the money (125K). Rent is 100K while 25K is Agency.

He then said if I can add extra 25K in top of it make it 150K, he will would repair the bad toilet BEFORE I MOVE IN. He said when he brings the next person and the person pays, he would give me back my 25K.
This right here, is a red flag. If to say you dey street ni, you'll know sey the man wan job you. If you dey hear sey, he'll return money or he'll bring someone in, you're in for a long ride/about to be jobbed. You're lucky you got your money back.

3 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by NoToPile: 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
Gipre:
Hello everyone.

My first time being in Ijebu-ode and having such ugly experience tells alot about what people have been telling me about the place and it's people.

Should I use my real life experience to conclude on what people and indegenes of Ogun State have been telling me about Ijebu-ode people or did I just meet a bad one?

What are your thoughts?

Loool an agent from Ijebuode almost scammed you and you are saying it's Ijebuode people. grin grin grin

How many people from Ijebuode have you met sef.

You should know that one of the rules when dealing with an agent from anywhere is don't belive all the it will be repaired later stuff, anything not repaired before you pay will most likely not be done.

You live in Lagos you should know this already, you belived a house agent? As a Lagos boy you should know the format.

That aside is the agent issue the 'real life experience' you want to judge the people? Is there any other thing?

If it is the agent matter then you can't use an experience with an agent as a yardstick, its as good as saying all Lagos agents are bad because these ones can abscond with money from different people for the same apartment. This one refunded you then he's not bad at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by NoToPile: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2022
Olasyke:

This right here, is a red flag If to say you dey street ni, you'll know sey the man wan job yo u . If you dey hear sey, he'll return money or he'll bring someone in, you're in for a long ride/about to be jobbed. You're lucky you got your money back.

Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by Aareakinwunmi(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
You should be thankful he paid you back, some would not, and you can't threaten them with police because they are friends with police and thugs.
You can't see a good house around general hospital in ijebu ode, try imoru area or around the school called Our lady of apostles, modern house dey around that side, and try recording your conversation with the next agent

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by frozen70(f): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
Gipre:
Hello everyone. Happy Sunday. Today, I'm not going to church because of the heavy rain falling here in my area in Lagos and my street gets flooded at times.

In August, I got admitted into Ogun State College of Nursing Sciences, Ijebu-ode. When I saw my admission letter and saw "Ijebu-ode" because I have never been there before, I started making enquires about the place.

Most of the people I asked in Lagos about the place kept on telling me bad things about Ijebu-ode people and the place in general. I kept on wondering why?

A woman in my church who is from Ogun State too told me horrible things about the place despite being an indegene of the state.

I did all my school registration at the Ogun State Ministry of Health, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta and then proceeded to my school at Ijebu-ode for my School registeration.

The school is located at Oguntuga street, Omo Owo behind General Hospital Ijebu-ode.

The school said they do not give Accommodation to male students. Only females. To me, that is gender discrimination but that will be story for another day.

A female student who is in final year gave me contacts of two agents for me to call to get Accomodation. I decided to call one of them but he said he had only a room and Parlour for 250K

In my mind, I was like "Oga, I'm a student o, I no dey find Room and Parlour o. Even 250K sef, I no get". I just said OK and ended the conversation

I called the second agent who is an Ijebu-ode man. He even took me to his office close to General Hospital Ijebu-ode. He took me to a house which is a 2 bedroom apartment. The house is owned by one very old woman. This woman would be about over 100 years old. I think her children have all moved out of the house so the have empty rooms which they are renting the rooms to people.

He kept on trying to convince me to take the place that is just a 1 minute walking distance to my school (the house is on the same street as my school).

I asked him to assure me he will would keep to his words because I can't even pay that amount with such toilet. He assured me and promised to transfer back my 25K.

He even asked me when I was going to move in I said Saturday (that was yesterday) and he said I should not worry, it is a one day work. He will do it before Saturday.

All these happened on Tuesday lastweek because school resumed that day. I transferred 150K to him which I borrowed. I gave him. He gave me receipt.

I travelled back to Lagos that day. All these while, I go from Lagos to Ijebu-ode. Very stressful if you ask me. I called him that evening but his phone was switched off. I felt maybe there was no light in his area.

I woke up on Wednesday and I had this strange weakness and heaviness all over my spirit and body. I am a child of God and I can spirit when God is telling me something. This heaviness of spirit lasted till night of that Wednesday and I kept on praying to God.

I remember telling someone that I'm spiriting something negative wants to happen so I prayed about it and moved on. I called him that Wednesday night still but his phone was still switched off.

I work up on Thursday morning still with that heaviness then I decided to call him in the afternoon and it rang. He picked and I asked him about the repairs he said he would do because I was to move in yesterday.

This man told me boldly that he would NOT do any repairs atall in that house until whenever he gets the second person to move in too and that was what he told me that day.

At that moment, I couldn't believe what I heard. Did this man just change the story he told me? Is this man trying to scam me? Did this man just breach agreement? I disagreed and told him he has breeched Agreement then he started raising his voice and did not know when he said that he can even give me back my money. I held on to that and told him to transfer my money back immediately but he refused saying I should come to Ijebu-ode with the receipt he gave me.

After this happened, I started having relief from that weakness and heaviness of spirit.

I travelled down to Ijebu-ode on Friday and gave him the receipt. He started acting nice when he saw me and wanted both of us to talk. I did not even give him face atall because he is a Professional Criminal and Con-Artist.

I told him to transfer back my money. At that point, baba started acting like cartoon. Started blowing his phone and acting as if his phone was bad. Dismantling his phone and putting it back. Raising it up and down for it to catch network. What remains for him was to climb a pole to get network.

It took close to 30 minutes before he transferred my 150K back to me. Then he started causing trouble saying I should pay for his receipt 5K which I refused to pay. I only paid his so called reg fee of 2k which he told me the first day I was meant to pay for them to show u apartments.

What are your thoughts?

I took time to read your message and I can say you met a good one because he transferred the money intact to you

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by emmanuelbrown26: 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
Op once na local fraud just give it to afonjas, both old and young, dem like free free things. Atleast u dey Lagos and u know afonja agents and scam na 5&6.
Every godamn week or month, we dey settle one afonja agent wahala or d other. They are fucking greedy for my fucking liking. And I don't gv dem fucking breathing space
Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by fyzaila: 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
This agent never strong in the business for him to have transferred all the money at once untouched. Your stars still dey shine.

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2022
Gipre:

What are your thoughts?

if a landlord can fix things that attracts people to move in, do you expect him to fix them you are already in ?

Renting out a place is an investment, you fix your house/room with your own money and get back your money through rentals

Not that the tenant has to pay extra for things to be fixed and then move in

(1) (Reply)

He Got His Wife A New Job And He's Now Heartbroken / How should you be Postured for Marriage? / Glass Cups, plates and tea mugs for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.