Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,451 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

All Natural Jollof - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / All Natural Jollof (611 Views)

Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos / Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Natural Jollof by Shaggyswang2(m): 7:10am On Oct 11, 2022
So, I saw this video of jollof with plantain mixed inside online and decided to recreate. See how it came out. shocked

Ingredients:
Rice
Carrots
Bell peppers
Chilli peppers
Purple onion
Tomatoes
Geisha
Smoked round fish
Stock fish
Big crayfish (okporo)
Chicken.
Plantains

How I went about it:
PS: I should have used tomato paste to give it a redder color but I have started avoiding too much processed.
Boil rice and drain out into a filter.
Slice and dice the vegetables, chicken and fish. Make sure you soak the okporo and stockfish and wash with salt to eliminate bacteria and that heavy smell.
Put g oil in a pot, heat up then trow in all proteins, starting with the chicken. When their aroma comes out throw in all vegetables apart from the carrots and chilli peppers. Stir fry and dump in geisha optionally. Add the chicken stock from the boiling and water too. Add your spices. For me I used these spices:
Spice supreme jollof rice mixed spices
Spice supreme barbeque seasoning
A pinch of magic seasoning all in one west African blend
Benny chicken flavor
Curry masala
Curry
Dried shallots.
Ami chicken flavor cube.
Will attach pictures of the seasonings.
Leave to boil for like 5 mins then add the carrots and chilli peppers.
Add the rice, give it a good mix and leave to sit and simmer.
You can fry plantain as a side or dice and mix in to each portion you want to serve. I chose the latter.

Just a warri boy surviving sapa over here
Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: All Natural Jollof by Shaggyswang2(m): 7:14am On Oct 11, 2022
The spices. And yes I use barbeque spices for my jollof rice. I love the flavor

2 Likes

Re: All Natural Jollof by okirewaju(f): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Looks good
Well done OP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Food / Undergraduates And Cooking / Tea Or Milk,which FIRST Get Consumed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.