Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

What Makes Laptops Crash - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Makes Laptops Crash (655 Views)

What Makes Prestashop's One-page Checkout So Important? / What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? / What Makes Nairaland So Fast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes Laptops Crash by TastyFriedPussy: 8:27am On Oct 15, 2022
I've seen alot of people on this section complain about their laptops crashing after they've gone far in the learning process and them having to wait to get another laptop or pay huge monies to fix it and that shíts scares me lol. I can't afford anything happening to my laptop after knowing the kind of suffer I had to suffer to get it, because I fit die grin
So what's makes people laptop crash and how can one avoid such

1.)What are the things I need to avoid doing in order to prevent my laptop from crashing
2.) Does the laptop crashing means it is damaged for good or can still be fixable
3.) I heard that windows OS are more prone to crashing than Linux, how true?

@AlchemyOfCodes

1 Like

Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by Stephen0mozzy: 8:34am On Oct 15, 2022
Well, it depends... A system runs fine when the software and hardware components are doing their jobs as intended....

...however, if one of the components become like "over doing or under doing" due to some external triggers or from wear and tear, then a crash is inevitable.

A crash can be software based - corrupt OS from malware or ransomeware
...it can also be hardware based - failing drives or motherboard.

Some tips:
Install a program that can help you check the health of your drive so you can backup your files when the health of the drive falls below the ideal.

Partition your internal drive so you can always have a backup of your major files if your windows crashes/is corrupt

Free pirated software is sweet, especially those downloaded from torrent sites.. But na so e dey run belle if yo not careful. Be careful what you install on your pc

Have an external drive to store files.. Maybe for movies and stuff, make the internal drive no dey busy dey read and write upandan

Also, no go install games or software wey go kill the laptop.. Don't force a 4gb system to run a software whose requirements specifically said 8gb ram

4 Likes

Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by AlchemyOfCodes: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2022
The battery I was using then was very bad, the charger was bad too- television kind of laptop.

When Nepa takes light my system goes if too...been using it like that for months cos I wanted to save up an buy a double cell battery which will last me hrs and an original charger.

Because the charger was bad too, I used my roommates charger....my laptop was a Dell laptop but I was switching between Dell and HP chargers. My roommates warned me though.

One day I woke up an my laptop refused to on.

TastyFriedPussy:
I've seen alot of people on this section complain about their laptops crashing after they've gone far in the learning process and them having to wait to get another laptop or pay huge monies to fix it and that shíts scares me lol. I can't afford anything happening to my laptop after knowing the kind of suffer I had to suffer to get it, because I fit die grin

1.)What are the things I need to avoid doing in order to prevent my laptop from crashing
2.) Does the laptop crashing means it is damaged for good or can still be fixable

@AlchemyOfCodes
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by rtdCivilservant: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

@AlchemyOfCodes
I know all the reasons why Laptops crash but I will not tell u because of ur dirty moniker.
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by TastyFriedPussy: 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2022
rtdCivilservant:

I know all the reasons why Laptops crash but I will not tell u because of ur dirty moniker.
ogbeni will you go and sit down?
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2022
No matter how much u take care of this your laptop

It will still crash beyond repair or earn you a bullet from trigger happy officer who will tag you a Yahoo criminal.

It's just bound to happen angry
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by Fourpockets: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

It will still crash beyond repair or earn you a bullet from trigger happy officer who will tag you a Yahoo criminal.

Inappropriate comment man

1 Like

Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2022
Fourpockets:

The OP understands my comments best.

U don't
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by airsaylongcome: 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
Fourpockets:

You will not understand why GreatIgboman is going hard on the OP. His misdemeanor and misyarnings here are legendary. He dey shoot first ask questions later. Only to find out that he is a rookie still learning the arts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by airsaylongcome: 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Sorry for am o! Sorry for am abeg

1 Like

Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by julybaba(m): 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You will not understand why GreatIgboman is going hard on the OP. His misdemeanor and misyarnings here are legendary. He dey shoot first ask questions later. Only to find out that he is a rookie still learning the arts
Don't mind him. Empty barrel
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by Ybholy(m): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2022
Stop using it on bed �

Talking from experience
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by Fourpockets: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol I understand, but I just think wishing death on someone is still too extreme
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
Fourpockets:

Lol I understand, but I just think wishing death on someone is still too extreme

Hehe

He first said to me I'll die by dangote truck anytime I go out.

Maybe you'll have to check the op's old comments.

He himself wishes death, evil, misfortune on anyone irrespective of who the person is and without the person doing anything to him.

It was surprising to me when I saw his post asking people to celebrate with him and also asking for advice and help.

If he wants to be a troll he should be a troll with his full chest..

It's not after u abuse people wish them misfortune and call them names... U then come in same section and you expect them to treat you well and welcome you with open mind...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by Fourpockets: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Hehe

He first said to me I'll die by dangote truck anytime I go out.

Maybe you'll have to check the op's old comments.

He himself wishes death, evil, misfortune on anyone irrespective of who the person is and without the person doing anything to him.

It was surprising to me when I saw his post asking people to celebrate with him and also asking for advice and help.

If he wants to be a troll he should be a troll with his full chest..

It's not after u abuse people wish them misfortune and call them names... U then come in same section and you expect them to treat you well and welcome you with open mind...
Fair enough
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by niel63(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2022
grin

Tasty is a serious offender. grin

Serial offender.... grin grin
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by TastyFriedPussy: 6:30am On Oct 17, 2022
niel63:
grin

Tasty is a serious offender. grin

Serial offender.... grin grin
tongue
Re: What Makes Laptops Crash by majesticguy: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2022
OP, every gadget has a life span, and when the gadget gets to the end of its life span, it's sure hang the boot, irrespective of how you use it.

Just ensure that whenever you are getting a laptop, it isn't 3rd hand.

Also overwhelmed a laptop with excessive task wears out the hard ware components.

Again, while using your laptop, try to monitor it's temperature. if it's too hot, switch it off and let it cool off.

If you are gaming on it, get an external fan, and know the kinda games you run on it. Don't run games far above it's specs on it because you'd only end up overheating your hardware components and damaging your PC.

(1) (Reply)

I Need a Frontend Mentor / Cyber Security Whatsapp Group / How To Make Default Button?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.