Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,884 members, 7,798,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44299 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by IntelChief: 7:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

45 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Aareakinwunmi(m): 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2022
She knows.
And she's is not happy about it

530 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by IntelChief: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:
She knows.

Then let her at least take the guys approaching her serious. What is hard in that?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by madridguy(m): 7:14pm On Oct 15, 2022
Since she has a good job with flourishing side business can you dm her number tongue

310 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by libertyfather(m): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2022
Not her fault nobody wan marry again, come to think of it we don enter second ember months this 2022..How many marriage u sight not attend oooo..jst sight

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by garriAndsugar: 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2022
Are you married OP?

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by tempest95(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
In my humble opinion, I think it's her life and she can decide how she wants to live it.

If she was really serious about marriage, she would have done something about it a long time ago.

Going physical about it is just causing unnecessary gender based and domestic violence. No matter how violent you are, if she doesn't want to get married, you can't FORCE her.

Or would you kill her? undecided

253 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by IntelChief: 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
libertyfather:
Not yet fault nobody wan marry again

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry

41 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Candidlady: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2022
sad
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2022
WTF is your business? She's an adult and she's fulfilled! What's norms to you, your mother and everyone else, is not norms to her!

I'm glad I have nobody like you as a sibling. Disgusting thing!

327 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry

And why don't you emulate your ancestors' way of life by ditching your mobile phone, so as to stop posting about a happy lady that's not married?

267 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

She knows.

Mr. All-knowing, stop sounding backward.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Starz825(m): 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2022
Marriage is not a must or by force actually...

But some ladies who are ignorant of their present age or are willing to remain unmarried tend to mostly regret their decision later in the future- could be when they sight other women's kids
.they get to feel somehow

You can talk to her about it....if she's really ready for it...I mean to remain unmarried...

Cos she looks like someone who is not ignorant but rather determined to remain unmarried...

Whatever her choice is
Wish her the best...
It's her life

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Aareakinwunmi(m): 7:45pm On Oct 15, 2022
MufasaLion:

Mr. All-knowing, stop sounding backward.
Sounding backwards on whose problem

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Kobojunkiee: 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2022
IntelChief:
1. My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes. But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

2. As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

3. Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't. What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

4. Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.
1. Clearly, your sister is not as small-minded as you seem to be as an individual. undecided

2. So because of that, you expect the same will happen to your sister even though she does not seem to be concerned about such things even now? undecided

3. So, because she didn't mention marriage and to you, marriage is an ultimate achievement, you would rather have a situation where your sister is dragged into living in the same tiny world you obviously exist in? undecided

4. I put it to you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your sister as she seems to have a clear idea of what she wants for herself and her life. You, on the other hand, don't even seem to know your left from your right and that seems why you think it is your place to push your views on your sister, going as far as to claim you are the man in the family and all that rubbish talk. undecided

Leave the woman alone and focus on getting your life correct abeg! undecided

177 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Kobojunkiee: 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2022
IntelChief:
Then let her at least take the guys approaching her serious. What is hard in that?
People like you need to be publicly flogged for this level of idiocy in what is the 21st century..... undecided

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

Drop her contact.. may be she has not seen her spec yet

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by jetwonder(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
grin You can never chose a husband for your sister no matter how you love her.
For Example; what if all the men that approach her are saying ( this p**sy is too wide)
Or; she's saying am ok with my Love Machine!
So you can only pray for her. Period!!!

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by ccffwx: 8:04pm On Oct 15, 2022
IntelChief:

Mind your business, Mr getting old for marriage. You should be more concerned about the quality of Nigerian marriages than of the age one gets married.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Jeon(f): 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
Op go and die, you are getting old. Your mates are in the grave/the other side of the world, so what's stopping you?. Stop occupying the space and oxygen meant for the youngies.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by gaby(m): 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
I'm just lost for words for this op

So, people like this truly dey exist for this time and age?

Na waaa oh...

This dingbat will have one or two things negative to say about Hisbah, Boko Haram, or ISiS, if they go forcing him to live by their backward rule book. This applies to everyone who is quick to call for the death or murder of LGBTQIetc.

Live and let's live.

Everybody get him life to live...

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by faithfull18(f): 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2022
Shey you are there, you can as well give your aging mum some grand children.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
MYOB

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Shokoloko(f): 8:26pm On Oct 15, 2022
IntelChief:

Please go physical and teach her a lesson. You can even murder her so that she will not only be old, she will be dead and old.
Next post!

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by nicerod(m): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2022
grin grin cheesy

Small boy you will understand when u starts paying ur own bills

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Kirchoffs: 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
IntelChief:

You would go physical on your elder sister cos she doesn’t want to get married. You must be a crazy person , cos only someone who’s crazy can say such from their mouth

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by demoBaba: 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2022
garriAndsugar:
Are you married OP?

Please answer this.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2022
Marriage is not for everyone and if you value it that much, then you yourself should find a wife, get married and mind your own business.

You're not even ashamed to say that you're planning on threatening to go physical on someone who clothes you and feeds you. undecided undecided undecided
IntelChief:

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by RepoMan007: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2022
Is she turning any suitor down? Your story isn't complete.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by iHateFraudsters: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
IntelChief:

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age . A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

If she's not disturbed, wetin concern you?

You think say marriage Na beans?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Automolite: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2022
undecided how old are u again?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by GboyegaD(m): 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2022
It would be nice you respect yourself and respect her. It is her life and her choice to decide if she wants to marry or otherwise. What you think is not serious might be something bothering her.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

When You Are Tired Of Backing Baby (photo) / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.