Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense (1701 Views)

Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements / Methuselah Died In The Great Flood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Mutant001: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2022
voidUpdate:

Lol. Do you believe in evolution?
hahahahaha...there are types of evolution...and which particular evolution are you laying emphasis on?
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by voidUpdate(m): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2022
Mutant001:
hahahahaha...there are types of evolution...and which particular evolution are you laying emphasis on?

Oh. Wow.
I had no idea they're different types.

I know just one, that we came from apes.
But, how is the creation of new "races" explained in this type of evolution?
I'm curious.
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Mutant001: 11:30am On Oct 19, 2022
voidUpdate:

Oh. Wow.
I had no idea they're different types.

I know just one, that we came from apes.
But, how is the creation of new "races" explained in this type of evolution?
I'm curious.
so you believe those stupid and dumb ideology that you came from apes by quarter to half baked scientist and researchers? grin
If we actually evolved from apes then the word ape would have gone into extinction
For your information apes are primates without a tail
Humans did not evolve from chimpanzees or any of the other great apes that live today.We do have a little similarities with ape ancestors . It lived between 8 and 6 million years or thereabout. But humans and chimpanzees/apes evolved differently from their different ancestors.

4 Likes

Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by voidUpdate(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
Mutant001:
so you believe those stupid and dumb ideology that you came from apes by quarter to half baked scientist and researchers? grin

grin
I don't know much of evolution cause I believe in the bible.

I'm trying to understand how you believe new races was formed.
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Mutant001: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
voidUpdate:

grin
I don't know much of evolution cause I believe in the bible.

I'm trying to understand how you believe new races was formed.
christianity under religion had made christian daft and incapable of using logic, sound reasoning and critical thinking.
If you believe whatever the bible say at face value without scrutiny then you are just a gullible simp. grin

apes are primate without a tail...we humans are the apex in the food chain and hierarchy because of our brains, intelligence and talking ability.. although we humans may have one or two similarities with the lesser apes that doesn't mean we evolve from them

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Dtruthspeaker: 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
Mutant001:
[b]I am happy for causing you sleepless night...you must be having heart seizures, that you had to rush out of convulsion to ...

grin As always, None can Counter! grin hehehehehe grin grin
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Mutant001: 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin As always, None can Counter! grin hehehehehe grin grin
you are deceiving yourself..you haven't yet answered my questions with logic and validity..all you do is gyrate around my thread aimlessly like a headless chicken grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by voidUpdate(m): 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
Mutant001:
christianity under religion had made christian daft and incapable of using logic, sound reasoning and critical thinking.
If you believe whatever the bible say without scrutiny then you are just a gullible simp. grin

Lol. I don't need to scrutinize, the scrutiny has been done. 2nd Timothy 3:16.
You know I once thought like you. I'll make it quick.

Reasons I believe in the bible "blindly". [B] (Please check out the reference scriptures, in GNT translation preferably) [b]
There are 3 planes we exist at once.
Physical, Spiritual and one I've forgotten.

You may not believe in spiritual cause it isn't logical. But how do you think Yahoo+ Boys amount to so much wealth in such short time? (That's one proof)

Christianity, regards the spiritual, and their beliefs are from the bible.
The Bible, in turn teaches a few things.
1. The physical is a print out of the spiritual (prophecies fullfilled: 2nd Kings 7:1-2. Check out here for more. https://www.jesusfilm.org/blog/old-testament-prophecies/)
2. How to get to eternal life, or after life (salvation, believe in the risen son of God) Romans 10:9.
3. How to live and subdue the earth (Gen 1:28). It's only your ignorance that'll make you suffer. Jesus admitted it (my people perish because of lack of knowledge).
4. Knowledge (Read the book of Proverbs over and over, you get a master's degree in finance. Okay, let's admit, 2.3 Billion people can't rely on a book that doesn't contain wisdom.)

And even if all these lessons, plus the countless lives of people that have been transformed due to the knowledge gotten from the bible are coincidences, I'll rather be wrong with 2.3 Billion people, than be wrong with only 15% of the world's population (Nonbelievers).

And even those "non-believers" that're successfull still practice biblical principles, that's the truth!
Gen 41 (Provide a solution to a problem and watch as you Excell immeasurable boundaries)

You get?
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Mutant001: 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2022
voidUpdate:

Lol. I don't need to scrutinize, the scrutiny has been done. 2nd Timothy 3:16.
You know I once thought like you. I'll make it quick.
Reasons I believe in the bible "blindly". [B] (Please check out the reference scriptures, in GNT translation preferably) [b]
There are 3 planes we exist at once.
Physical, Spiritual and one I've forgotten.
You may not believe in spiritual cause it isn't logical. But how do you think Yahoo+ Boys amount to so much wealth in such short time? (That's one proof)
Christianity, regards the spiritual, and their beliefs are from the bible.
The Bible, in turn teaches a few things.
1. The physical is a print out of the spiritual (prophecies fullfilled: 2nd Kings 7:1-2. Check out here for more. https://www.jesusfilm.org/blog/old-testament-prophecies/)
2. How to get to eternal life, or after life (salvation, believe in the risen son of God) Romans 10:9.
3. How to live and subdue the earth (Gen 1:28). It's only your ignorance that'll make you suffer. Jesus admitted it (my people perish because of lack of knowledge).
4. Knowledge (Read the book of Proverbs over and over, you get a master's degree in finance. Okay, let's admit, 2.3 Billion people can't rely on a book that doesn't contain wisdom.)
And even if all these lessons, plus the countless lives of people that have been transformed due to the knowledge gotten from the bible are coincidences, I'll rather be wrong with 2.3 Billion people, than be wrong with only 15% of the world's population (Nonbelievers).
And even those "non-believers" that're successfull still practice biblical principles, that's the truth!
Gen 41 (Provide a solution to a problem and watch as you Excell immeasurable boundaries)
You get?
like I typed earlier the fallible bible is filled with a quarter truth, much errors, alot of contradictions and allegories grin
According to 2 timothy 3:16 it says,All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness...if it is an inspiration from God why is it profitable for reproof and correction? grin...I laugh your foolery...the bible is an inspiration of man influenced by evil forces grin
Religion is the practice of training your mind to ignore evidence, logic and reason, while being able to believe in fairlytales based on faith alone...and being proud of it rather than ashamed grin

Your kind of person follow the herd even though their are herding to the slaughter house reason is because they are in multitude grin therefore you follow the reassuring lie and abondon the inconvenient truth

Religion and spirituality are two different thing
Religion is like a school and spirituality is apprenticeship
Comparing religion and spirituality is like comparing checkers with chess...one is so much more sophisticated and has element of philosophy, mathematics, science and pharmacognosy while the other wants you to have faith in believing that a woman gave birth to the son of God without consummation, proof and validity.

Christianity is taking one truth out of the one thousand universal truth... distorting the truth and turning it upside down and burying it into a pile of lies and sugar coating it with honey... that is christianity for you grin

The non believers that are successful knows that biblical principles are built on fallacy they use it as a weapon to suck the masses dry that is why they hold on to it for their selfish benefit

You can't get eternal life, or subdue the earth if you clinge to the bible with ignorance...the bible enslaves you...it will make you not to see the light and it will envelope you with poverty both spiritual and physical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by voidUpdate(m): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2022
Mutant001:
like I typed earlier the fallible bible is filled with a quarter truth, much errors, alot of contradictions and allegories grin
According to 2 timothy 3:16 it says,All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness...if it is an inspiration from God why is it profitable for reproof and correction?

Lol. I now understand.

Have you received Christ?

The holy spirit is the author of the bible and without him, you'll only see errors in the bible.

I invite you to say this prayer out loud, then read the explanation I have below.
Just do it.

Lord and Savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and be my Savior. Amen.

2 timothy 3:16 it says, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Means all scripture is from God (written by men under the influence of the Holy spirit). That's why you can have Luke that wasn't a disciple record exactly the same thing as Matthew and Mark who were in different cities.
Profitable for doctrine (good as a belief),
Reproof, correction (disapproval and correcting wrong behavior)
For instruction in righteousness (giving you detailed information on how to live morally right).

One thing I did was to search through different Bible translations and find the one I understand best.
I found that to be Good news translation.
You can do same, switching translations will help you grasp the full understanding.
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Mutant001: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
voidUpdate:

Lol. I now understand.
Have you received Christ?
The holy spirit is the author of the bible and without him, you'll only see errors in the bible.
I invite you to say this prayer out loud, then read the explanation I have below.
Just do it.
Lord and Savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and be my Savior. Amen.
2 timothy 3:16 it says, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
Means all scripture is from God (written by men under the influence of the Holy spirit). That's why you can have Luke that wasn't a disciple record exactly the same thing as Matthew and Mark who were in different cities.
Profitable for doctrine (good as a belief),
Reproof, correction (disapproval and correcting wrong behavior)
For instruction in righteousness (giving you detailed information on how to live morally right).
One thing I did was to search through different Bible translations and find the one I understand best.
I found that to be Good news translation.
You can do same, switching translations will help you grasp the full understanding.
it seems you didn't get the hidden meaning in the passage but understood it literally grin...that particular passage has a quarter of truth in it but buried under a pile of lies and sugarcoated with honey to captivate you...the true meaning of that passage which has the truth distorted is using the past to predict the future...that is all scriptures are inspired by man which was concorted and distorted through evil forces from the past which later on the fallibility of the bible would be reproof and corrected in the nearest future...just like presently now you have no proof to validate the accuracy of the fallible bible grin

Yes the holyspirit talks about holiness instead of righteousness...what I am trying to imply is that those who believe in God that God isn't in the pages of the book that people say God is in...humans who describe god without meeting gods prove themselves dishonest, not divinely inspired, if they were divinely inspired there wouldn't be so many factual contradictions among the words. A perfect God would have a perfect book.since the book is imperfect the god must be too.

Jesus is then proven to be a heretic, and why would yahweh use a heresy to reform a religion yahweh created? grin
Socrates make for a better study than the egomaniac of jesus. Instead of socrates proclaiming that he was the "truth and the way", socrates proved honesty by saying that he would never really know anything, because of all the knowledge undiscovered by humanity. Socrates was by far more honest than the jesus whom you revere as divine by the silly habit of capitalizing his pronoun. And socrates predated yeshua grin

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Judas1X: 5:31am On Oct 20, 2022
grin grin grin

Mutant001:
I am happy for causing you sleepless night...you must be having heart seizures, that you had to rush out of convulsion to reply me by 3am in the early morning grin grin grin
I have always being intelligent and reasonable since the beginning of the convo...at least your partial contact faulty brain was able to pick the truth in it the smallest way it can grin

Who are the 'us'? grin grin... It seems you are hallucinating and detached from reality....not all africans Is as stupid and foolish as you are...speak about yourself and stop making faulty unrealistic generalization grin grin

grin grin grin...and you are so jobless, Worthless, useless and hopeless to come to my thread to type rubbish..check my thread and see how many of your quotes are in my thread grin grin...if they have to do a forensic analysis of your quotes on my thread..then it is irrefutable that you are the jobless, useless, gormless, poverty-stricken buffoon here grin grin

Hahahahahahahahaha grin. Always nice to see the DMumuSpeaker get schooled so hard that he resorts to slinging pitiful jabs that are unimpressive even at kindergarten level cheesy cheesy

The stupid chimp keeps having convulsions lately immediately after seeing atheists post. He sees atheists in his nightmares grin grin. Once in a while, cognitively hampered religious fanatics like DMumuSpeaker need to be dragged, kicking and screaming, out of the church pews and into the light of bitter truth and facts grin grin grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by sonmvayina(m): 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
This week, we read the story of the flood in the days of Noah. The floodwaters are referred to as "Mei Noach," which translates as "waters of Noah." But the Alter Rebbe points out that Noah's hebrew name, "noach," means "comfort," and therefore the floodwaters are also translated as "waters of comfort." How is it, the Alter Rebbe asks, that the flood, which wiped out all of humanity and animal life other than the few who found refuge in Noah's ark, can be understood as an experience of comfort. Shouldn't they rather be called waters of destruction?

Everything in life, the Alter Rebbe explains, is a facet of God's plan. And as God is ultimate goodness and kindness, everything at its core is an expression of benevolence even if it does not seem to be so on its surface. Our task is to plumb the depths of all that we encounter in order to discover the divine intention that is hidden there.

The floodwaters rained onto the earth for 40 days and nights. The rabbis note that the number 40 and water are related elsewhere in Torah law, as it is established that the amount of water which constitutes a kosher mikvah (purifying bath) is 40 seah (a seah is a biblical liquid measure equaling roughly 8.5 liters). From this correlation, the mystics teach that the flood was intended not as a punishment, but rather as a purifying bath for the earth.

Purification, rectification, and correction is not always an easy or painless process. Often in life, it is only through challenge or struggle that one can find the divine strength to persevere or overcome which is hidden in her/his core. The Alter Rebbe teaches that the flood is not merely a historic event, but it is a daily occurrence in all of our lives. The floodwaters are all of those things that threaten to engulf and overwhelm us constantly - our jobs, our relationships, our emotional turmoil. But all of these challenges can be met and conquered when we are conscious that they are here not to drown us, but rather to purify us.

Rabbi YY Jacobson tells an amusing anecdote to explain this concept. Two men were in the hospital with a very painful condition called gout. The doctor came into their room and asked the first man to show him the afflicted leg. He pointed to his right leg, and as the doctor prodded and poked it, the man howled in pain. The doctor then approached the second man and asked him which leg was bothering him. He pointed to his left leg, and the doctor examined it just as he had done to the first man, but this man smiled and expressed no pain whatsoever. When the doctor left, the first man asked the second how he could be so brave and calm in spite of the pain. The second man said it was easy, he simply directed the doctor to the leg that didn't hurt at all.

We can try to avoid pain in life, but if we do, we will never grow and heal. The floodwaters are called "mei noach/the waters of comfort," the Alter Rebbe teaches, because it is precisely the floods and the things that threaten to sink us which will ultimately buoy us, purify us, and lift us to heights that we could never have reached without them.

Copied from "No jesus for me" on facebook
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by GodSaklek(m): 8:34am On Oct 29, 2022
Mutant001:
How can one call "noah" the ancestor of the whole race?
How did blacks, chinese, european,india,fulani, Kenyans etc..come out of the family of 8 in just 5000years?

The other guy did confirm that there is Noah flood but it only happen in his vicinity not the whole city not to talk of the whole world... Lol,

Look at the floods that happened around nowadays in just selected area,even the deadliest big disaster(tsunami) only happen in 2 or 3 cities not the whole country or even world, the story tellers of the Bible are ignorants,they only record what happen in their area,according to their daily lives, believes and culture.
They will think their land is just the only place on earth....

Know this, there are people living on earth before the time of Adam(homo erectus), Cain was chased away from his family and he traveled to Egypt,he was shocked when he met people there,then he married there.

People wrote Bible base on what they could see,feel or hear around them,it only base on their daily activities.
No one has ever discovered any other lands, so everyone thinks their land is the only place on earth.

sonmvayina
KnownUnknown
Dtruthspeaker
voidUpdate
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by GodSaklek(m): 8:52am On Oct 29, 2022
Mutant001
sonmvayina
KnownUnknown
Dtruthspeaker
voidUpdate

It only for us to use our brains, not just to believe everything because it's an olden day history, many has written lies and fictions stories which has become part of our daily life.
out of all the lands and continents on earth,people that wrotes all this things only occupied just 2% of earth lands, so their thoughts are limited,when those people discover or heard about another land, they will thinks its another world..

Don't forget that,US was just discovered less 350 years ago.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by KnownUnknown: 10:41am On Oct 29, 2022
GodSaklek:
Mutant001
sonmvayina
KnownUnknown

It only for us to use our brains, not just to believe everything because it's an olden day history, many has written lies and fictions stories which has become part of our daily life.
out of all the lands and continents on earth,people that wrotes all this things only occupied just 2% of earth lands, so their thoughts are limited,when those people discover or heard about another land, they will thinks its another world..

Forget the nonsense jew god and his flood, America wasn’t “discovered” 350 years ago. An European setting foot on a piece of land doesn’t make it “discovered” especially when the inhabitants watched him come onshore.
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by KnownUnknown: 10:42am On Oct 29, 2022
GodSaklek:

The other guy did confirm that there is Noah flood but it only happen in his vicinity not the whole city not to talk of the whole world... Lol,

Look at the floods that happened around nowadays in just selected area,even the deadliest big disaster(tsunami) only happen in 2 or 3 cities not the whole country or even world, the story tellers of the Bible are ignorants,they only record what happen in their area,according to their daily lives, believes and culture.
They will think their land is just the only place on earth....

Know this, there are people living on earth before the time of Adam(homo erectus), Cain was chased away from his family and he traveled to Egypt,he was shocked when he met people there,then he married there.

People wrote Bible base on what they could see,feel or hear around them,it only base on their daily activities.
No one has ever discovered any other lands, so everyone thinks their land is the only place on earth.

sonmvayina
KnownUnknown
Dtruthspeaker

Do me a favor and stop mentioning my name.
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by GodSaklek(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Forget the nonsense jew god and his flood, America wasn’t “discovered” 350 years ago. An European setting foot on a piece of land doesn’t make it “discovered” especially when the inhabitants watched him come onshore.

What I mean by discover is that, it was well known to other people around the world, although aboriginals are there, even aboriginals don't know that there is other people in other places (continents)
Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by Dtruthspeaker: 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2022
GodSaklek:
Mutant001
sonmvayina
KnownUnknown
Dtruthspeaker
voidUpdate

If you truly desired to see that which is true, you would see that wherever you check the history of a old and even the God destroyed nations which people today people deceivingly call lost civilisations, you would see the words "the first settlers of...." repeatedly used on them, in confession of the truth that those people did not suddenly appear on the land.

The word "settlers" always proves that they were not there before. That they migrated to that area.

So, the question that reasonable follows is "Where did those first settlers come from?"

And this is where the Bible has given you the answer which is that they were descendants of the people of Babel.

So, accept it or reject it, the Truth is there for any one who truly wishes to see it, to see it.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense by sarahkel: 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2022
when you die ask angels cheesy
Mutant001:
your research is built on falsity by probably quarter to half-baked researchers it is totally baseless, invalid,irrational and illogical
Noah was from which descent?
And how can one descent be able to breed different races on this planet earth?
Don't you dare tell me is genetic mutations or environmental factors grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Not Worship In Tb Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye / 666 Is A System Of The One World Government / Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.