Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I (810 Views)

Urgently Required: Programmer With Strong HTML, CSS And JAVA Background / I Need A Programmer With A Lot Of Experience With Payment Gateways / Computer Programmer With A Degree In Computer Science Education? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by dodgelord: 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
as a programmer with alot of experience what kind of entrepreneur business can i start since there is not job out there.
Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by doggedfighter(f): 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
dodgelord:
as a programmer with alot of experience what kind of entrepreneur business can i start since there is not job out there.

No programming jobs even with your lots of experience?

3 Likes

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by LikeAking: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
dodgelord:

grin

2 Likes

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by pocohantas(f): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

Lol. People talk a lot about programming, but they rarely talk about how hard it is to break in. There are many making it and there are many that are just getting by.

Yesterday I was talking with my friend and she said networking and visibility is also a thing in the tech world. That is why some of them disturb us on Twitter. You need to be known and out there too. Else you might be very good, but remain a local champion.

7 Likes

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by mocochannel: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. People talk a lot about programming, but they rarely talk about how hard it is to break in. There are many making it and there are many that are just getting by.

Yesterday I was talking with my friend and she said networking and visibility is also a thing in the tech world. That is why some of them disturb us on Twitter. You need to be known and out there too. Else you might be very good, but remain a local champion.

True talk. People that's enjoying this tech money re pple that started it early. N also bloggers.

you're right see this guy own _Postorous.com_
Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by doggedfighter(f): 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

Maybe because once you break in , life becomes softer that's why people talk more about the good life it can afford one.

Networking is key though. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by mocochannel: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

Maybe because once you break in , life becomes softer that's why people talk more about the good life it can afford one.

Networking is key though. grin
you're right see this guy own _Postorous.com_
Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by dodgelord: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

yes sir
Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by parkervero(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

You are correct, I fall in the category, too.
Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
How many jobs have you applied to this year? Of the jobs you applied how many interviews have you done this year?

1 Like

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by truthCoder: 10:12am On Oct 18, 2022
dodgelord:

Venture into a start up.

Look for a problem, create the solution. Build, deploy and market.

Even if you are not making anything from the project now, as long as it solves a problem and people use it, you are consistently building its goodwill. It would pay one day.

Until you build a project that scales properly with at least 100,000 MAU, dont call yourself a good developer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by TheOgaBoss: 2:46am On Oct 19, 2022
dodgelord:
yes sir
where did u get the lots of experience, personal projects?

1 Like

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by telim: 4:58am On Oct 19, 2022
For you to earn decent cash as a programmer you need to focus on solving problems for a subniche and the solution must appeals to international audience these will earn you $$$$$ monthly instead of earning in shitty naira.
You need diff skill set to succeed online. Coding, SEO, advance automation etc otherwise you will always be a freelancer used by smart internet marketers to earn huge cash.
You do not need to think of any innovative ideas all you need is figure out the technicalities behind an existing product develop it and make alot of cash from your loyal customers.

Every sub niche that exist in the promotion of a product online make decent cash. Eg youtube like, pbn, commenting system, viewing system, upvoting system etc but the issues with most ppl is understanding the technicalities behind the system is what most are not ready to brainstorm about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by LikeAking: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2022
Sorry!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by qtguru(m): 10:37am On Oct 19, 2022
Saas solutions / Platform Partner Programmes there's almost nothing one can build from scratch, but Shopify will always need a new theme, a client will always need a new module implemented.

That's my approach to making money as a developer. Partner Programs B2B

I've mentioned it a lot even WordPress Consultancy still is viable for a start.

1 Like

Re: As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I by mocochannel: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2023
dodgelord:

(1) (Reply)

Why Is There So Much Sexism And Misogyny In The Programming Field? / Tech Skills To Consider Learning In 2023 / Need Visual Basic Assistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.