Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Holiness Is Required - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holiness Is Required (1032 Views)

Holiness Is Very Essential ! / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / The First Step Towards Holiness Is To Dress Modestly.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Holiness Is Required by PastorAde: 11:20am On Aug 18, 2011
[center]HOLINESS IS REQUIRED[/center]

Follow peace with all men, [b]and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord ([/b]Hebrews 12: 14, emphasis added).
But as He which has called you is holy, so be you holy in all manner of conversation (behavior); Because it is written, Be you holy; for I am holy (1 Peter 1:15-16, emphasis mine).

One of the natures of God is His holiness. Holiness is defined as a state of being pure, and without sin or iniquity. It is a state of sanctity and righteousness. If God is a holy God, then we His creatures made in His image are expected to be holy. This was the state of Adam and Eve before they sinned against God and became unholy. Their unholiness robbed off on all humanity; hence all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. For humanity to approach a holy God, we have to become holy. But how do we become holy? Very simple! To be holy we have to be washed and cleansed in the blood of Him who alone is the sinless Lamb of God – Jesus Christ! Though He was tempted like every other man, but He knew no sin. That’s why He is qualified to be the Savior of the world. No sinner can save another sinner. No man born of Adam can save another man. It took the Second Adam, Jesus Christ, the Lord from heaven, to come to the earth via the womb of Virgin Mary to die on the cross of Calvary to be the Savior of the world. When John the Baptist saw Jesus, he exclaimed: “Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world” (John 1: 29b).

The first Scriptures above tell us that without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. How true! What this means is that holiness is a requirement to seeing the Lord or entering heaven. Be not deceived, for you to enter heaven you must be holy; and you can only become holy and righteous by being washed in the blood of Jesus!

We are told in the second passage to be holy in all manner of our conversation or behavior. This is not a suggestion. It is a commandment. You need the grace of God to be able to keep His commandment. That grace you need has been made available by God. We are told in the following Scriptures: “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth’’ (John 1: 17, 14). We are told in these passages that Jesus is full of grace and truth. So, for you to be holy and enter heaven, you need to receive the grace of Jesus Christ and be washed in His blood.

Will you be saved? Will you be washed? Will you be made holy in order to enter heaven? If yes, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus’ Precious Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: visit, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel. 08033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About The Matter - Tb Joshua / NIGERIAN ''SOUTHERN PASTORS” ABANDON CHURCHES FOR BOKO HARAM!!! / Joking Jesus? :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.