Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine (548 Views)

"Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question / Who Knows Igbo Culture Very Well, Help Me Answer This Question. / The Next Time Your Wife Asks You This Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by LocalStandard1(m): 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
You see, everyone who's lived in a multiethnic neighbourhood in Nigeria will attest to this.
I've seen Igbo men interact with their apprentices, sometimes you can mistake them for siblings. Even children in the neighborhood get along well with the men.

Without beating around the bush, why are the Igbo women so different? Why are they so oppressive and inherently wicked?

If you hear domestic helps being maltreated you're sure to assume rightly it's an Igbo woman. Growing up we know to never mess with the Igbo female neighbor. Many times they even end up killing the house helps. The young girls are always with a clean shaved head.

Is it a cultural thing or is it biological? And why don't the men reprimand the women for such inhumanity?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by LocalStandard1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
I am not trying to bash anyone but I think this issue has become a big and obvious menace in our society. If you can't handle another person in your house why have them?
nlfpmod, seun, Royalroy, I think this matter need urgent attention. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by Juoflife1(f): 8:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Keep kwayet there. People will just open mouth and talk anyhow. How many Igbo women do you know? undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by Tinubuagbado: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
LocalStandard1:
You see, everyone who's lived in a multiethnic neighbourhood in Nigeria will attest to this.
I've seen Igbo men interact with their apprentices, sometimes you can mistake them for siblings. Even children in the neighborhood get along well with the men.

Without beating around the bush, why are the Igbo women so different? Why are they so oppressive and inherently wicked?

If you hear domestic helps being maltreated you're sure to assume rightly it's an Igbo woman. Growing up we know to never mess with the Igbo female neighbor. Many times they even end up killing the house helps. The young girls are always with a clean shaved head.

Is it a cultural thing or is it biological? And why don't the men reprimand the women for such inhumanity?

The answer is simple.
Yoruba women are worse.
However, thats why Courts exists. Take offenders there..

Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by Antivirus92(m): 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
stupid thread

1 Like

Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by LocalStandard1(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
Juoflife1:
Keep kwayet there. People will just open mouth and talk anyhow. How many Igbo women do you know? undecided
I am not trying to insult you madam, but this issue is a serious one and very rampant. I won't sugar coat it to please you, we most talk about it and sensitization most be made to stop this inhumanity to underprivileged children used as domestic helps.

They are "helps" not slaves and definitely not punching bags or aggression dumps. Igbo women specifically most be made to stop this wickedness, or stop harboring other people's children.
Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by Juoflife1(f): 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2022
My question is how many Igbo women do you know? You've not seen families that take their househelps on vacations abroad? The word "some" don't exist in your dictionary?
LocalStandard1:

I am not trying to insult you madam, but this issue is a serious one and very rampant. I won't sugar coat it to please you, we most talk about it and sensitization most be made to stop this inhumanity to underprivileged children used as domestic helps.

They are "helps" not slaves and definitely not punching bags or aggression dumps. Igbo women specifically most be made to stop this wickedness, or stop harboring other people's children.
Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by LocalStandard1(m): 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
Juoflife1:
My question is how many Igbo women do you know? You've not seen families that take their househelps on vacations abroad? The word "some" don't exist in your dictionary?
Yeah sorry for that. But what Is the percentage of those treated nicely to those handled like rags? 20 to 1 to put it mildly.
Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by mrblessed(m): 5:51am On Oct 18, 2022
Ta! It's a women's thing; to untrammel act without restrain and moderation. It has nothing to do with an ethnic group.
Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by jamznato: 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
Make i talk am. I been no want talk am but i go talk am make devil shame. The reason be say na fear of the unknown in the known house help. Make she no kon grow wings and overide madam for house. Or make oga no com de reason her matter. Them no know say the more the create scene the more guys de feel lam some go pity house girl from there unknowingly fall in love with her. That thing madam they fear go catch well a wella
Re: Igbos Please Answer This Question Of Mine by LocalStandard1(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2022
jamznato:
Make i talk am. I been no want talk am but i go talk am make devil shame. The reason be say na fear of the unknown in the known house help. Make she no kon grow wings and overide madam for house. Or make oga no com de reason her matter. Them no know say the more the create scene the more guys de feel lam some go pity house girl from there unknowingly fall in love with her. That thing madam they fear go catch well a wella
Why is it mostly by the Igbo wome? Some of the girls are very much underaged and some helps are boys so how's that?

(1) (Reply)

Obara Jesus! This Girl Must Be Using Juju! How Did YOUTUBE Send Her Gift 3 Times / Deals In Sales And Installation Of Android Car Radio (screen) +2348065381062 / My Immediate Younger Brother Has Me On A Stranglehold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.