Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Murder Of Kudirat Abiola: Shofolahan Denies Working For Mrs. Abiola ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murder Of Kudirat Abiola: Shofolahan Denies Working For Mrs. Abiola ! (1705 Views)

Remembering Kudirat Abiola, 19 Years After Her Assassination (pictures) / Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant / Lagos Drags Al-mustapha To Supreme Court Over Kudirat's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murder Of Kudirat Abiola: Shofolahan Denies Working For Mrs. Abiola ! by HighChief4(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2011
Major Hamza al-Mustapha’s co-accused in the murder of Kudirat Abiola, Lateef Shofolahan, has denied ever working for the deceased in any capacity throughout her lifetime.

Led in evidence by his counsel, Olalekan Ojo, Shofolahan testified at a Lagos High Court on Wednesday when he also said he was arrested on October 10, 1999 at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, as an aide to former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The defence closed its case with Shofolahan’s testimony, in the 12-year-old trial after which the trial judge, Justice Mojisola Dada, fixed November 10, 2011 for adoption of final written addresses by both parties.

Shofolahan, who described as “newspaper propaganda” that he was Kudirat’s aide, maintained that his relationship with the MKO Abiola family, did not go beyond serving as a protocol officer in Abiola’s Hope ‘93 Presidential Campaign Office, in Lagos.

During cross-examination by the prosecution counsel, Lawal Pedro (SAN), he told the court that his interaction with Kudirat was only limited to when she was coming to the campaign office for campaign materials.

He said, “I have never worked for Kudirat Abiola. I only met her when she was coming to collect posters and other campaign materials. She was not the only one. Even Dr. Doyin Abiola used to come and Bisi Abiola too.

“I never worked for the late Kudirat Abiola or personally with Bashorun MKO Abiola, either as a PA (personal assistant, protocol officer, driver, gardener or security guard. It is newspaper propaganda.

“I only worked with Hope ‘93 as protocol officer and protocol officer in the office is not the same as Protocol Officer at the residence. After Hope ‘93 was closed down, everybody was driven away, the office building was changed to a school and no more protocol officer.”

Shofolahan stated that the prosecution and the Special Investigative Panel, before whom he alongside others appeared in connection with the series of the assassinations in the Abacha regime, failed to prove that he was Kudirat’s aide.

Shofolahan said, “When I appeared before the SIP, I begged the panel headed by AIG Ojomo to ask any member of Abiola’s family to come and identify me. I also suggested that they should take me to his house chained in hands and legs so that his children can identify me. My Lord, I did not work in the house.”

He denied having any personal relationship with MKO Abiola, who was in detention when his wife, Kudirat, was gunned down in Lagos on June 4, 1996, Shofolahan said he was number 22 in the hierarchy at the Hope ‘93 campaign office.

In his response to Pedro’s question he said he moved with Obasanjo to the Presidential Villa when he won the presidential election and was subsequently sworn in as president in 1999.

Shofolahan said, “I was with Hope ‘93 organisation till July 1993, when it was dissolved. Then I went back to my beer business. I was there fully from ‘93 to ‘98 because when I was with Hope ‘93 I had people working there.

“The same year, 1998, My Lord, I joined Obasanjo Campaign Organisation and I stayed in his farm-based house in Otta.

“When he won the presidential election, we moved to Abuja together in 1999.”

“I was arrested in the Villa. I was arrested in the presidency. I told those who arrested me that I was working there.

“They asked me what I was doing at the Villa. I told them I was a staff. They then called Bodunde, the P.A, Otunba Fasawe was there, all of them was there and they told them I was a staff.”

He denied knowing how Kudirat was killed, saying “I only knew she died, but I don’t know what killed her.”

He also said he did not attend her burial because “area boys took over the whole of Ikeja that day.”

On his relationship with al-Mustapha, Shofolahan said he first met him at the two-million-man march of ‘Youth Earnestly Ask for Abacha’ rally that took place in Abuja in March 1998.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5739147-146/shofolahan_denies_working_for_kudi_abiola.csp
Re: Murder Of Kudirat Abiola: Shofolahan Denies Working For Mrs. Abiola ! by Demdem(m): 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2011
this case no get head, e no get tail. abegiii, they should dispose it all jare. The authorities honestly did a terrible work during the investigation.
Re: Murder Of Kudirat Abiola: Shofolahan Denies Working For Mrs. Abiola ! by HighChief4(m): 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2011
Demdem:

this case no get head, e no get tail. abegiii, they should dispose it all jare. The authorities honestly did a terrible work in the investigation.

They all know the truth, but as usual will sweep it under the carpet
Re: Murder Of Kudirat Abiola: Shofolahan Denies Working For Mrs. Abiola ! by olawalebabs(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2011
Let the Abiola family confirm or refutes this

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is "Sectional" And "Easily Swayed" By Wikileaks / Technological Feat: Nigeria Launches Our Very First Locally Made Oil Platforms / Christian Youths Breakfast With Muslims In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.