Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? (44860 Views)

Who Knows The Name Of This Fish? / Please Who Knows The Name Of This Fish? / How To Identify Original Exeter Corned Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
It's amazing how humans Nigerians particularly who can't create a strand of hair call the creator's creation "Fake".
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
obembet:

I know but u should be able to identify the original before you buy na

Which one is original inside fish again? They’re the same abeg undecided
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by jidxin(m): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
seunak2016:
original always WHITE, I think A is original not sure if B is original or fake
wtf there is a no original or fake
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by olawonder(m): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
Most ppl in Nigeria don’t know that some fish are hybrid-bred to imitate the fish they consume the most for commercial purpose! To us, fish na fish… they call these ones ‘titus’ rather than Mackerel and it’s probably the most consumed in West Africa that’s why the possibility of ‘fake’ breeds is higher
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Pat081: 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
soundOsonic:

Mr. Man it wouldn't be wise to argue with you.
Non of those fishes are fake.
How can something that is alive be fake?
Do you all know what fake is?

Think with that head you dey use to abuse someone
Mr man ask those selling it they will tell you and I not telling you that one is fake or not teast good than the other
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by YorubaSlur: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
Karence:
you are wrong

How can you prove that?

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by BJanta: 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
observanc1:
Is it that it is a fake fish or just another variety?
Op, explain what u mean by fake please.

Don't mind the OP .He doesn't know what he's talking about. There's neither original or fake fish . What he actually means is that there're farm fish and organic fish. Farm fish are those raised in artificial pond ( fish farm) , and organic are those raised by nature in living or organic or natural rivers and ponds. Organic fish are richer and more tasteful and delicious than farm fish .

1 Like

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by jidxin(m): 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
seunak2016:
original always WHITE, I think A is original not sure if B is original or fake
they are both mackerel, one is mackerel (Titus) while the other is horse Mackerel (kote.)

1 Like

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by jidxin(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Lama70(m): 7:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
If Lagos fish sellers call it MONKERE instead of mackerel, that is the normal one.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by kabuski(m): 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
There's no such thing as original or fake. They are simply same fish but closely related species
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
So even fish get fake now undecided

It's not a fake, it's a close relative.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by vikstandon(m): 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
obembet:
I must be sincere, till today, I still don't know the difference between this two fish physically.

By taste, I know the one is sweeter and very tasty expecially when you boil, then other doesn't taste so nice like that. So is there truly a fake and original? How do I identify original one?

A is the original one
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Raychee(f): 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2022
How can you say a living thing is fake? The same specie of fish can look different depending on several conditions(genetic and environmental). Do all humans look the same? Does that make one race fake and one original?

1 Like

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by jidxin(m): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by vikstandon(m): 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
A is the tasty one... But none of them is fake... Just that one has more essential oil than another.

The less tasty one is specie cultured in china.

Just like Catfish from sea don't taste the same way with Pond Catfish.

The variation in freshwater environment (and mineral composition) affects the body tone and taste.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Favmil101(m): 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
A, which has darker skin is the original.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by wisz1(m): 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nothing special here jare,one is female while the other male. Sense not go kill me grin
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by AdemolaA2: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
A is fake while B is original . A is harder when boiled and roasted with no taste while B is softer when cooked and roasted with plenty oil production .
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Angrygoat: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2022
Enter main .arket by 11 or 12 . U can never see fake.fresh from carton.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by brainhgeek(m): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
B is the original. They are smaller with smaller lines.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by graham4us: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
B is the original here. The lighter the blue colour shows it all
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Akanoaaa(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
A is the original, B is fake, we call it Kampala.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2022
There are no difference. They a both titus reptilis.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by jclassiq(m): 8:22pm On Oct 19, 2022
SeniorMan715:
The taste will tell you.
So you taste fresh ice fish? Wawu
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by jclassiq(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
This issue always caused serious misunderstanding between me and my older brother. The man always thought i was very dumb because i couldn't tell the difference.

*The dark patterns on the original is usually more pronounced than the fake one.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by descarado: 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
CYFANN:

I studied Fisheries (5 year course + 2 years strike + 1 year NYSC), this is the first time I'll be hearing this about Titus.
You studies fisheries yet you call mackerel Titus?

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by BabaAgba79(m): 8:31pm On Oct 19, 2022
obembet:
I must be sincere, till today, I still don't know the difference between this two fish physically.

By taste, I know the one is sweeter and very tasty expecially when you boil, then other doesn't taste so nice like that. So is there truly a fake and original? How do I identify original one?

���. No fake Markerel nor original. They are two to three different species of Markerel. However, the one caught from the Atlantic Ocean are the most delicious.Others could be from the Antartic or Indian Ocean. The one from the Atlantic look white and more oily.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by seunak2016: 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
Indispensable85:

But A is not white na
not completely white, I mean the white part of it will be WHITE. while other look normal black mix

1 Like

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by dnawah(m): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
obembet:

there is no fake one,it just that they r different species.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Soknown: 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
They are of different types in the same family. The taste depend on the type of mackerel and time.

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Rinoxy: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2022
There's nothing created by GOD that's fake. These two are just different or closely related species of fish. Stop all the original/fake talk, it sounds inappropriate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"We Are No More Buying SugarCane" - Nigerian Twitter Users / How I Prepared The Alligator I Killed / The Big Python I Killed Last Night (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.