Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:35 AM

19 Esut Students Arrested Over Kidnap, violation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19 Esut Students Arrested Over Kidnap, violation (1934 Views)

14 JSS Students Arrested For Cultism In Edo(photo) / Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace / Two Students Arrested Over Kidnap, Rape, Murder Of Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Esut Students Arrested Over Kidnap, violation by aljharem3: 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2011
Lt.-Col. Sagir Musa, the Assistant Director of Army Public Relations in the division, told newsmen in Enugu on Friday, while parading the suspects, that they were arrested while shooting sporadically in the institution on July 4.

The video clip of the female students compelled to have illicit sex was later shown to journalists during the briefing.

Musa said the soldiers moved into the institution and arrested one of the suspects, Franklin Anikwe, a 300-level political science student, who had five rounds of 9mm ammunition, while others were arrested after further investigation.

Items recovered from the suspects include four locally-made pistols, 10AA cartridges and a video clip, where some female students were forced to have illicit intimate affairs among themselves.

Some of the suspects confessed to newsmen that they belonged to different cult groups, including Vikings, , Barger, Buccaneer, 2-2 Confraternity and Eiye.

According to the army spokesman, some of the cultists have been freely Desecrating girls and maltreating their colleagues at will.

"They also commit all manners of atrocities on campus and the Agbani area of Nkanu West local government,’’ Musa said.

Other suspects arrested by the soldiers include Ikwu Onyeka, Christopher Ngene and Charles Onyegbule, all of Vikings, while Emeka Nnaji, Izuchukwu Nwagwu, Alaribe Obinna, Emeka Esi and Michael Enyinnaya belonged to .

They also include Chukwu Ogbonna, Chinedu Njoku, Kingsley Alor, two brothers -- Udeorah and Chukwuebuka Nwokoro, Victor Effiong, Bright Okeke and Obinna Madu, all of Buccaneers.

The others are Ikenna Chukwuike and Franklin Anikwe (2-2 Confraternity) and Okechukwu Nomeh and James Otiji of Eiye.

Musa said the suspects and the items recovered from them would be handed over to the police for prosecution.

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=592:19-esut-students-arrested-over-kidnap-rape&Itemid=97
Re: 19 Esut Students Arrested Over Kidnap, violation by aljharem3: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2011
chai, i don tire for this ,.,. people

it is like it is there blood
Re: 19 Esut Students Arrested Over Kidnap, violation by chriss123: 3:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
you people are very wicked..the story about the esut cultist and their raping and molesting female students is a very big lie...why would such an organisation lie just to promote their new paper...this is very bad,and am calling on all government agencies to fight this and clear this names you put their to destroy innocent students ..this is very wicked and i blame it on the structure of our country..i blame the VC for allowing such to be posted and proper investigation not made to check on the truth of such ill accusations on their students...May the good lord save us in this country..this is very wicked and people should find better things to do than to put up false news on the internet...my name is christopher amujiogu,an ex student of ESUT...and am telling the masses or anyone reading this that this story is a very big lie ,designed to destroy the good ame of my school...yes there is cultism in schools and in my school of which i graduated from ESUT...but this story is a very big lie...please dear editor or write of this text should please remove this because it tarnishes the good name of this innocent people...may the lord help us...
Re: 19 Esut Students Arrested Over Kidnap, violation by Rhea(f): 3:23am On Feb 24, 2015
[size=28pt]Eshoot cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]

(1) (Reply)

How True Is It That Men From Akwa Ibom,calabar And Rivers 'cheat' Alot? / American Rapper Nick Blixky Has Been Gun Down / List Of Scam Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.