Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,457 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:43 PM

Pls Should I Accept Banking Or Telecoms - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Should I Accept Banking Or Telecoms (909 Views)

Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / Banking Or Consulting Which Would You Choose? / Which Offer Should I Accept? Kpmg Or Pwc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Should I Accept Banking Or Telecoms by Holumighty(m): 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2011
I passed the bank test and
interview but i was surprise
when my name was
ommited from the list, i
searched for another job
which they promised to pay
25,000naira per month. THE
COMPANY IS A MAJOR
PHONE DISTRIBUTOR in
nigeria, we sell wholesales
and retail, we have over 12
branches in naija.I was sent
on two weeks training and
he spent about 80k on the
training but all of a sudden
while i was at the training
the man that interviewed me
called and told me he would
like to work with me, also
that he is working on it.
Though the bank pay 50,000
per month for ND holders
while the telecoms pay
25,000, i was told by a
colleague that i can get as
much as 5k per day from
personal perole as time
goes on in the Telecom
company . I am to resume
1st of next september while
the man just called me to
tell me to relax that he is
working on it. PLS WHAT
SHOULD I DO COS I AM
CONFUSED.
Re: Pls Should I Accept Banking Or Telecoms by Holumighty(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2011
Pls, i need your advice.
Re: Pls Should I Accept Banking Or Telecoms by yamakuza: 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
Go with the telecoms. Their 80k should not waste.

Besides, you stand a better chance of launching ur own business from there.

If you choose the banking route despite the travails of that industry, it is only fair you reimburse your present employer in cash or kind.

Finally, a bird in hand, is better than the one still coming in the bush.
Re: Pls Should I Accept Banking Or Telecoms by clementcro(m): 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2011
Go for telecoms, Telecoms has a brighter future in Nigeria that banking, it is a good start for you,
Re: Pls Should I Accept Banking Or Telecoms by nsodo: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2011
With in you am sure between the two jobs there is one you like as an individual and i think you should follow your heart because they say were there is a will there is a way. But for my case it is better to stay were you are now because at least you have some idea about the job than going to the new job were you have to cope up with stress accompanied by change of environment.
Re: Pls Should I Accept Banking Or Telecoms by davmor(m): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2011
Man, You have to go for Telecoms, because you stand a better chances of meeting dignitaries and also lots of experiences as regard setting up as boss in time to come. OR do you think that Bank can provide any other time for you rather than the time for duty carry out in the office?
Good friend, open your two arms and grab TELECOMMUNICATION. So many good things are there for to benefit from.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice On Relevant Professional Courses / Incredible Story Of A Woman's Meteoric Rise From Receptionist To CEO (pictures) / 7 Ways To Become Irreplaceable At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.