Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials (21132 Views)

Chinese ‘Bribed Nigerian Militants For Access To Mineral Reserves’ - The Times / Abba Kyari Cocaine Trafficking Allegation: NDLEA's Full Statement / NDLEA Nabs Brazil-Based Nigerian Cocaine Trafficker A Month To His Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by dre11(m): 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2022
The four police officers with whom Abba Kyari is now facing the charges are Sunday Ubua, an assistant commissioner of police; Bawa James, an assistant superintendent of police; Simon Agirgba, an inspector, and John Nuhu, also an inspector.

Emeka Ezenwanne, a convicted cocaine trafficker, on Thursday, told the Federal High Court in Abuja how he bribed security operatives at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu to smuggle cocaine into Nigeria.

Mr Ezenwanne is the fifth prosecution witness of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), in the ongoing trial of Abba Kyari who is being detained alongside four other police officers over alleged cocaine deals.

Mr Ezenwanne and Chibunna Umeibe were convicted by the judge, Emeka Nwite, in June after they pleaded guilty to importing cocaine into Nigeria from Ethiopia. The court sentenced each of the self-confessed cocaïne traffickers to two years in prison.

Testifying on Wednesday before Mr Nwite, NDLEA’s Commander in Abuja, Mohammed Ajia, admitted that his colleagues at the Enugu airport failed to arrest Messrs Umeibe and Ezenwanne when they passed through the airport on 19 January.

He made the admission during cross-examination by Mr Kyari’s lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu.

The anti-narcotics agency accuses Mr Kyari, a suspended deputy commissioner of police, and his four co-defendants of adulterating the cocaine after confiscating it from Messrs Umeibe and Ezenwanne.

The four police officers with whom Mr Kyari is now facing the charges are Sunday Ubua, an assistant commissioner of police; Bawa James, an assistant superintendent of police; Simon Agirgba, an inspector, and John Nuhu, also an inspector.

How I bribed airport security officials

Testifying on Thursday Mr Ezenwanne who is serving his jail term at the Suleja prison in Niger State, said the cocaine was initially ferried into Ethiopia from Brazil.

Led in evidence by NDLEA’s lawyer, Joseph Sunday, Mr Ezenwanne said he travelled to Addis Ababa on 15 January to receive the drugs that were coming from Brazil via Ethiopian airways

“On 16 January around 8:30 p.m Ethiopian time, the flight coming from Brazil arrived. Few minutes after, they called me on phone. The first person that called me is known as Alhaji,” he said.

He revealed that his co-convict, Mr Umeibe, had received his own parcel of cocaine before he was phoned to collect his from drug agents who were on an errand for one Owolabi

“On that 19 January, in the morning, around 8 a.m., we boarded a flight going to Enugu international airport,” Mr Ezenwanne began.

“When we arrived at Enugu international airport, I came out from the airport. I stood at the car park waiting for my second (Mr Umeibe) to come out.”

He said trouble started when Mr Umeibe was “intercepted” by plain-clothed police operatives who were later discovered to be IRT members.

“As they grabbed me and my second, they brought out their jackets with IRT written on them. They shared it among themselves and wore it. That was when I knew that they were police.”

“At the Enugu international airport, I was asked to give money to the people that will search my bag. So I gave them N10,000 and they cleared me,” Mr Ezenwanne told the court.

After they were cleared by airport security officials, the IRT swooped on the traffickers following a tip-off.

They were subsequently flown to the IRT office in Abuja from where they were handed over to the NDLEA.

Speaking on the quantity of the cocaine seized, Mr Ezenwanne said when they arrived at the NDLEA office in Abuja, they observed only eight instead of the 10 sachets of cocaine found in their bags.

“The exhibit officer brought out all the cocaine inside my bag. The ones in sachets, both mine and the one belonging to my second, were 12 sachets. The ones in pellets were 12 cotton packs of cocaine.

While being cross-examined by Mr Kyari’s lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu, the witness said he brought cocaine into the country twice.

Mr Ikpeazu, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, asked Mr Ezenwanne if he saw Mr Kyari, or had any interaction with him during the encounter with IRT operatives,

“My Lord, all through the process of my arrest, I did not have any interaction with the 1st Defendant,” he answered.

The anti-narcotics agency accuses Mr Kyari and his colleagues of illegally tampering with 21.25kilograms worth of cocaine that they seized from Messrs Umeibe and Ezenwanne.

The motive, according to the charges, was to prevent “the testing of the 17.55 kilogrammes of substance used to replace the cocaine seized from Chibunna Patrick Umeibe and Emeka Alphonsus Ezenwanne.”

The offences allegedly committed by Mr Kyari and his co-defendants between 19 and 25 January are said to be contrary to and punishable under various provisions of the NDLEA Act.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/560760-abba-kyari-cocaine-trafficker-narrates-how-he-bribed-nigerian-airport-officials.html

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Teache(m): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
The high level of corruption going on in this country

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Belteshazzar1: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
Whatsoever you sow, you shall reap......

6 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2022
COLABO OF THE 2 NOMADIC CRIMINAL TRIBES

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Racoon(m): 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2022
An accomplice to a crime is also a criminal. Nigerian officials are easily corrupted by dubious money.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by chatinent: 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2022
This man should be extradited. Nothing dem dey do this man for Nigeria dey sweet me.

11 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2022
He'll get a suspended jail term at the end. Then live VIP lifestyle in prison, come out and spend the millions he has stacked away from drugs deals and extortion. The system is fxed. It's not like they are really delivering justice to him.

17 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Bontafa: 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
Kyari go old for jail

Evil people

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by OgaTheTop2: 2:36am On Oct 21, 2022
smiley
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by theophorus(m): 2:45am On Oct 21, 2022
You think Nigeria problem na who be President?

The Problem of this Nation is beyond the Number 1 man.

All of Us must choose to do Right wherever we have influence.

ASUU is behaving like opposition party and suffering the Masses.
The Security forces are looking to profit from the insecurities issues.
The law enforcement has become a Profiter from and promoter of lawlessness.
Judges and even traditional leaders are becoming PR for Politicians.
Bankers are Intel for Yahooboys and Fraudsters.

Abeg, our problem na we ourselves joor.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Usong(m): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2022
This is simply terrible
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by fredoooooo: 7:56am On Oct 21, 2022
Wetin dis one dey talk ... Go and answer ya query mr man
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Scammerr(m): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2022
Ok
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by jeromestarks: 7:56am On Oct 21, 2022
There is nothing the masses can do to Kyari. Just fold your arms and watch this movie to the end.

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by kushma(m): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2022
The Nigerian system is corrupt beginning from the top down to the bottom, and we can change this by voting in Peter Obi in next election.
Vote for a competent leader not a drug baron
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Rachel98(f): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2022
Tinubu sent him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Bedanq: 7:57am On Oct 21, 2022
Tinubu is a PLACEHOLDER for Gov Shettima, the earlier you people realize this, the better.

Most of the people pushing escoBAT do not know there's an agenda to just install him by fire by force, and when he is tired and sick before 2 years, Shettima will be sworn-in as President and more Kabiru Sokoto will be hiding in his house.

Even Yaradua was way stronger than him before he became president.

Every Attempt To Convert Aso Rock To Retirement Home For The Elderly & Sick , We Cancel & Destroy in Jesus Name.

A sick country does not need a sick president.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by fasho01(m): 7:58am On Oct 21, 2022
Please extradite our super cop to the United States. All this back and forth is just to frustrate his extradition.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Iwedunloye: 7:58am On Oct 21, 2022
Like IPOB like Kyari
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Tit4Tat1(m): 7:58am On Oct 21, 2022
Anna Kyari would be used as a scape goat..
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Gbeng30(m): 7:59am On Oct 21, 2022
The truth is that Nigeria is in the hand of criminals called security...

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by BABANGBALI: 7:59am On Oct 21, 2022
Them never jail these criminals?

Abeg make una dey allow pikin growup small before una dey name her Beauty #Egetwhy
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by emmanuelbrown26: 7:59am On Oct 21, 2022
Fla.tinos and drug na 5&6. Whenever u hear or read about costly drugs always bear it in mind that Fla.tinos are involved but whenever u hear or read about all these local hard drugs of 50naira mixture of some grasses know that afonjas are involved bcs Fla.tinos dey always put swag for their business and dem get taste but afonjas too like local local tings
ABBA Kyari case should be on pending bcs we hv serious issue at hand which d upcoming elections.
Urchins abeg, hope una dun buy pamper and sleeping pills today for baba

13 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2022
theophorus:
You think Nigeria problem na who be President?

The Problem of this Nation is beyond the Number 1 man.

All of Us must choose to do Right wherever we have influence.

ASUU is behaving like opposition party and suffering the Masses.
The Security forces are looking to profit from the insecurities issues.
The law enforcement has become a Profiter from and promoter of lawlessness.
Judges and even traditional leaders are becoming PR for Politicians.
Bankers are Intel for Yahooboys and Fraudsters.

Abeg, our problem na we ourselves joor.

God bless your mother!

You know the root cause of Nigeria's problems!

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by BMathew: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2022
National super cop on this one again...
Re: Abba Kyari: Cocaine Trafficker Narrates How He Bribed Nigerian Airport Officials by bhella10: 8:01am On Oct 21, 2022
Just two years? Then it's a good thing they were caught by our very own. Otherwise...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial In Absentia Begins, MASSOB Defends Abaribe / APC’s Bago Wins Niger Governorship Election / Fayose's One Year In Office Thanksgiving Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.