Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,690 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List (15177 Views)

South-Westerners Dominate Tinubu’s List Of 20 Special Advisers - SaharaReporters / I'll Make Tinubu Envoy, Obi Trade Minister If I Become President - Prof Imumolen / I Was Smuggled Into Tinubu's List - Rev. Gideon Para-Mallam (CAN Member) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Hadeylex: 1:50am On Oct 21, 2022
• CAN President sets up probe, says I’m not part of them

• Lagos chairman, Assistant General Secretary, others make list

A serious tension on Thursday engulfed the Christian Association of Nigeria with the surprise appearance of about eight members opposed to the Muslim-Muslim ticket on the list of the Presidential Campaign Council of the All Progressives Congress.

Among them are Assistant General Secretary of CAN, Apostle Biodun Sanyaolu, who was recruited as Assistant Coordinator; its controversial Lagos State chairman, Stephen Adegbite (member); Director of Legal and Public Affairs, Comfort Chigbue (member); and Testimony Onifade, former Personal Assistant to immediate past CAN President, Samson Ayokunle (member).

Others are Victor Ivoke, Personal Assistant to Rev. Daniel Okoh, current President of CAN (member); CAN former Director of Legal and Public Affairs, Kwamkur Samuel (member), and Prof. Para-Mallam (member).

Although the tenure of the CAN officials would elapse in ten days time, The PUNCH learnt that Samuel has applied for reappointment.

Since the names were made public, the issue had remained the topic of discussion in several churches and WhatsApp groups of CAN leaders.

But Okoh in a statement issued on Thursday night distanced himself from the APC Presidential Campaign Council list.

Sources said he was disappointed when he learnt that his trusted PA was among beneficiaries of the APC list, despite their opposition.

Okoh said, “My attention as President of the Christian Association of Nigeria has been drawn to the revised list of members of the Tinubu/Shettima 2023 President Campaign Council wherein the names of some outgoing officials of the body were featured.

“Such a development is worrisome because it counters the well-known stance of CAN on partisanship. I want to categorically exonerate my humble self from this development and any of such that may occur in the future.

“I want to use this medium to assure all Christians in Nigeria and the general public that since I received the news, I have commenced full investigation into how the officials got involved into overt partisanship.

“At the end of the probe, CAN will take fair, but decisive and appropriate action with a view to defending the ideals of the umbrella Christian body I lead by the grace of the Almighty God.

“On a final note, I urge the general public to be calm while we collectively work to entrench a culture of inclusion and respect for our religious diversities in our political leadership.”

https://punchng.com/can-members-against-muslim-muslim-ticket-make-tinubus-list/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by LegendHero(m): 2:24am On Oct 21, 2022
Nice one to these men of God.

CAN think they can gag sensible Christians with their political propaganda.

Asiwaju Jagaban is a friend of the Christians and with him the Christian right will be protected.

This CAN chairman wife might even be for Jagaban.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Chinjo2: 2:36am On Oct 21, 2022
LegendHero:

Asiwaju Jagaban is a friend of the Christians and with him the Christian right will be protected.

No sensible Christian will vote for a Muslim Muslim ticket. Those of you Christians who have decided to support this evil act just because of a pot of porridge, you shall all face the wrought of God.

221 Likes 25 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by colorsofrainbow: 3:00am On Oct 21, 2022
LegendHero:

Thiefnubuu don dey smuggle name of people wey no wan am enter list grin grin
E don dey find Christian votes by fire by force. Shey thiefnubuu said Christians are idiots who don't deserve VP role abi? No problem. Now,e don dey shit for em hand upandan to pacify the body of Christ through treacherous means. Thiefnubuu is now a confirmed regional candidate who won't win a single state outside SW grin
Thiefnubuu will only win yeroba Muslim votes come 2023. grin grin grin

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Hadeylex: 3:24am On Oct 21, 2022
LegendHero:

Nonsense!

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 21, 2022
Forget about Muslim Muslim ticket, there are one million reasons not to vote APC and Tinubu.

A evil party

If Muslim Muslim ticket is the only reason why you are against APC then my friend better vote them.

Atiku is coming.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Xewemo(m): 8:19am On Oct 21, 2022
Ok
Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by samuel19222(m): 8:19am On Oct 21, 2022
kokoró tón jé èfó àrá èfó ló wa
Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by LTCtech: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2022
Okay..

Do you need a website, mobile app or a software for your business, Call or Whatsapp the number on my signature or bio
Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Oblongata: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2022
Why is nobody talking about the adequate representation of the traditional worshippers? Is that not the religion of our fore fathers? Religion is a ploy/devise used by politicians to divide voters. I am a Christian, but I stand for the Muslim/Muslim ticket. This is long overdue and it shows Nigeria is getting matured politically.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Akfrenzy(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2022
grin TINUBU'S busy causing war in Christendom

From fake Bishops, to Fake endorsement

Muslims we must retaliate oooooo

U guy's should stop bastardizing our Religion

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by shuttox: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2022
Let's be watching as it' unfolds

2 Likes

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Dareal90s(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2022
shocked
Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by vengertime: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2022
Any Christian that vote for Tinubu Muslim -muslim ticket will burn in hell fire forever

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by kk2027: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2022
Those people will still deny it

67 Likes

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by ecolime(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2022
Tinubu can bribe the Pope & all the GOs for all I care, that will not change the resolve of the masses to reject him at the polls.

Sane Nigerians have rejected him. Lets see how far the votes of his few urchins can take him next year.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 21, 2022
CAN is a political party!

It has never been a religious body in last 2 decades.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by kk2027: 8:21am On Oct 21, 2022
I bet the 'CAN' members are not even aware and will still debunk this list

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by pazob: 8:21am On Oct 21, 2022
Tinubu trying all his best to rope in Christianity into his evil agenda

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by kennyz247(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2022
there's always black sheep in every setting..
nevertheless, Tinubu ti lu le patapat no remedy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Period007(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2022
Watch out as they will come out one by one to deny this.
A party that can fake bishops and doctor videos can do anything

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by PStacks(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2022
Money Answereth all things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Timekeeper452: 8:22am On Oct 21, 2022
The choice is left for Nigerians to choose. You either choose to continue this government of propaganda every day or a new transparent government. APC hasn’t even won just see the amount of propaganda following it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by kk2027: 8:22am On Oct 21, 2022
kennyz247:
that's always black in every setting..
nevertheless, Tinubu ti lu le patapat

E fit still be Fake list as usual
Remember the Lagos CAN chairman later denied

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Deltafirstson(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2022
Apc destroying and causing trouble in every association and organisation in Nigeria.
They about to disorganised Christians association of Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Africana1123(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2022
By the grace of God, Tinubu is our incoming president federal republic of Nigeria.

16th president federal republic of Nigeria done deal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by Antoeni(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2022
Atiku Unveiled his Running Without Hiring or Renting 'Bishops.' Peter Obi Also Unveiled his Running Mate With No iota of Such But Tinubu/APC knowing Fully That Muslim-Muslim Ticket Was Wrong and Sentimental, They Had to go and Rent/Hire 'Bishops' to Prove a Faulty Point. This is Just The Beginning of The Downfall of APC Since Falsehood, Deceit ,Lies And Terrible Gambits is What they Have Resorted on. It’s End of the Road

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by aklion: 8:23am On Oct 21, 2022
Bat infiltrate CAN. Omo this move eh really go break CAN if those involved no openly withdraw. Omo money de talk...
Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by AdamuKD: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2022
grin
I swear this old criminal no go die well

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by TheOgaBoss: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2022
Not surprised, they are mostly from the SW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by ipobarethieves: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2022
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List by emmanuelbrown26: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2022
I'm neither Muslim nor Christian but my major concern right is that I don't want to see dis man in aso rock.
that reminds me, wey that man guy wey dey supply pampers and d other one wey supply sleeping pills, una services are needed in burdillion

71 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Smuggling Persists In Borders Despite Subsidy Removal – Customs Boss / Petroleum Depot Tank Explodes In Apapa. 2 Buildings On Edmor Street Burnt / Oghara Development Union: Ibori Already Wealthy Before Becoming Delta Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.