Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport (74018 Views)

Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Dunchi Lar: NIDCOM Statement About Nigerian Jailed In UAE Over Cybercrime Law / Dubai Airport Flooded As Flights Are Cancelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by TheDemola: 9:26am On Oct 23, 2022
It is sad and regrettably heartrending to tell you all that @dunchichi was sentenced on 12th Oct 22, to 1yr in jail in Dubai. Her family are devastated and Nigeria didn't save her. �
Cc @nidcom_gov @DavidHundeyin @FS_Yusuf_ @SavvyRinu @mrmacaronii @MobilePunch @daily_trust RT.
Her sentence came from the backdrop that she got a family visa to travel. But in fact, she was there with her sister. It got messy & complicated, she was released on arrival after being detained for several hours, only to be sentenced when she was returning to Nigeria �
They are capitalising on the fact that she made a video then posted them on her Twitter timeline to narrate the ordeal. They said it's cyber crime in their country. She went ahead to delete it. Still, that didn't soften them. Now she is jailed
We the family are planning a protest at the Dubai consulate in Abuja.

If you stay in Abuja or know someone who does and would love to join us, kindly share this with them. Please retweet this.

We want #justicefordinci
We want her released

She is an upright Nigerian citizen �

https://twitter.com/jerrydoubles/status/1583599182111076354?t=usHfVmA90r38uz01qqYfFw&s=19

Her tweet:
I'm at Dubai international airport and myself and some tiger Nigerians with valid Visas are being held in a room hours after arriving with no explain and no information on what we can do. Please help me. There's more than 20 of us
https://twitter.com/dunchichi/status/1564790461423910914?t=kVxyK7rr1r1dLrbi_IbJxw&s=19

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Munamoqel: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2022
TheDemola:

https://twitter.com/jerrydoubles/status/1583599182111076354?t=usHfVmA90r38uz01qqYfFw&s=19

Her tweet:

https://twitter.com/dunchichi/status/1564790461423910914?t=kVxyK7rr1r1dLrbi_IbJxw&s=19

nlfpmod
Mynd44
una think say na Nigeria that una the behave anyhow like lie lie Dj witch of End SAR that lied bullets where flying over her head ! And she was streaming live

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by ipobarethieves: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2022
sad Thedemola,u pipu shouldn't go and constitute useless nuisance @Dubai Embassy.Petition office of the Foreign Affairs, ABIKE EREWA DABIRI,Office of the IGP,Garba Sheu,ADESINA FEMI.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2022
Injustice shaa but here we de worship them... Too bad!

173 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by ekukeku(m): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2022
wink
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Houseofglam7(f): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2022
cry
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by OMOJOHN001: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2022
She will be free by next month

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Jewade(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by 2Radii: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2022
Let the SM soldiers defend her

They are good at demeaning our country but won't be able to open mouth when faced with multiple of the excesses outside .

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by DadaHammed: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2022
These Arabs are now very mean to Nigerians.
Thank God say I no get business with any Arab country.

205 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2022
Nigerians should understand how a country functions before going there.
It could be worse if it wasnt in Dubai but a strictier Arab nation.

See Arabs, they dont take nonsense, dont even try to protest, dont even talk bad about their system, dont talk about their corrupt govt, social media is highly regulated by their rulers

Its better to avoid it totally if u cant take the strict rules.
I heard of a man who was jailed cos he made videos of dubai slums. like wtf

They dont practice democracy like u.

Modified No matter the insults u all maul at me, it doesnt change the facts that Arabs culture is not like their western counterparts

320 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Afokesco(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2022
Dubai wey dey beg Nigerians to come their country ten years ago...I nor blame dem Sha...our leaders no wan develop our country....Atiku get estate for there .. mostly all our politicians get estate for Dubai.... Nigeria can never be a developed country till thy kingdom come...if them Carry Nigerians go USA..and Americans come Nigeria... within a short period of time the Americans go develop Nigeria.. and USA will turn to developing country .

153 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by voltron14: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2022
Na your type dey insult Abike Dabiri the other day.

You've gone to "sane" climes now.

Abeg, Abike do your best for her.

74 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by KennethEnyi(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2022
Wetin this one dey even find for Dubai sef sad

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2022
Truly home sweet home, Na we dey make our life hard for here

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2022
now that Nigerians has been barred from entering Dubai, ya all shall rest and leave Mohammed town alone.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by dejavuh0007(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2022
Lol. Muslim countries.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2022
She needs justice

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by ursullalinda(f): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2022
Somebody up there is busy jumping up and down justifying this madness.....I tire for my country pple

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by TinubuPikin: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2022
Dubai, North Korea, Saudi Arabia Russia...these countries doesn't want you to share their bad sides on Social media

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by seanwilliam(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2022
Toor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Lanretoye(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2022
So make I carry another person problem for head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by 175(m): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2022
Abike. . . .if it's to run your mouth on twitter, you go do put Jara. Go and see to that lady's release!

From the office of the Citizen of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I pay you!!!!!!! cheesy grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Ganjafama(m): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2022
Anty Abike Dabiri your attention is needed here.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2022
Stay in your country period !

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Hackie90s(m): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2022
This one get as e be..
If na better country citizen tweet dis kind tin, e sure me say e for nor be like this..

14 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Julius Berger Switches On The Streetlights On The Second Niger Bridge (Pictures / Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.