Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,584 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:43 PM

How Tolerant Is God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Tolerant Is God? (3094 Views)

Studying Theology Makes One Less Pharisaical, Less Critical And More Tolerant. / Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? / Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Tolerant Of Other Religions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2022
uche40:

You are shamelessly dishonest.

I have quoted this post so you won't run and change it again in my absence. I'll answer you when I'm ready.

grin res ipsa loquitur works very well here! You will fall by your words and it is your own words that will kill you.! grin

Let me keep my own too since you have confessed that you are capable of changing your answer.

uche40:

...I have demonstrated the error of your argument to you. A parent can NOT KNOW for a FACT what their child will be doing in the next 27 years at 3:00pm on the 25th of October, 2049. The parent can NOT even KNOW if the child will be alive by then. Such a parent will need to exist outside of time. ....
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
uche40:

Now you're just becoming desperate, making things up. How unbecoming. Please provide citations of this brand new fallacy you just conjured, then follow up with a demonstration of the above fallacy and how it applies to what I said earlier. grin grin grin

grin You do not know who you are talking to. I TEACH LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY. So you would fail fighting me with Google which only gives summaries and not the whole buffet.

For the real thing you have to read real great books before you come against me.
So, Go read philosophy and logic Text books eg Logic,philosophy 2nd Edition PrinceWill Alozie; Introduction to Logic (New York:
Macmillan publishing Co inc.1978) Irvine M. Copi.
U.Etuk Introduction to Logic and scientific reasoning (Port Harcourt: Hercon publishers ltd 1992)

Do you know that fallacy comes from fallere or fallacia which means to Lie (to deceive)? (I am sure you did not know)

Therefore, these Laws pointing out the fallacies are Laws which are against All Lies

They do not attack Truths: Natural Truths.

Which is why I said, you have no thing reasonable to say
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Now you comit the Fallacy of different quality...

This is the second time you'll be asked to provide evidence for the existence of such a fallacy. You have made it up in your desperation to make any kind of response to me -- no matter how puerile -- because you know you are ashamed to admit that you truly have no credible arguments and that you're out of your depth. Like I earlier said, you're a lightweight who cant keep his emotions in check, so you resort to infantile tactics like this.

Dtruthspeaker:
...by changing the argument from the knowing that you would punish your children when they do specific facts eg "break your plates and phones, disrespect and disobey you, steal meat from the pot, fail their exams, run away with your car etc" and changing it into "any act, done 27 years later at a specific date and time" WHICH IS NOT THE ISSUE.

You can't imagine how hard I'm laughing here grin.

Oga, stop getting your knickers in a twist because you got lost trying to follow a logical argument. In the first place, you're the one who started veering off on a tangent when I pointed out the deterministic nature of God and you replied with a specious analogy about parent's foreknowledge of their children's action. Your argument is rightly described as a False Analogy because you have taken the undue liberty to assume and arrogate similar characteristics to two vastly different subjects.

Foreknowledge suggests awareness of all things that were, are, and will be. It is knowledge of a fact before it is established. It doesn't matter how long into the future, a being that possesses foreknowledge can see through time and know how any and all events will play out. God has foreknowledge, human beings don't.

A parent who punishes his/her child for breaking a plate, did not possess foreknowledge of that child breaking a plate. S/he might have inferred the possibility based on a previous event but s/he can't know for certain if/when it will happen and when or where it will occur. A being imbued with foreknowledge on the other hand, will the exact time and place and activity that will lead to the breaking of the plate. Your analogy can only make sense if the parent is omniscient -- just like God.

And I didn't fail to notice your desperate and dishonest replacement of knowledge of "future events", with the knowledge of "specific facts". Remember you started by making a flawed analogy, and after I debunked it (with no sensible response from you), you resorted to slinging everything but the kitchen sink. I assume that you know absolutely well what we're discussing here but you just want to deflect and divert because you find the glaring paradox inherent in your God's foreknowledge too inconvenient for your bruised ego. Are you always such a manchild? Or perhaps you only exhibit this juvenile attitude when it involves your religious beliefs? For your sake, I hope it's the latter.

Dtruthspeaker:

So, again, you have no true thing to say, only Lies and accusations!

Au contraire, sire.

You are the one here telling bare faced lies and engaging in mendacious manoeuvres such as making up logical fallacies that don't exist. You are the one making baseless accusations that I'm diverting from the topic, when you tacitly did so yourself by conjuring up a spurious analogy that doesn't correspond with the narrative you are using to help your blind cause.

Again, is this best you can do? Is this really all you have in your arsenal?

I actually feel bad for you. You have a very simplistic mental process that has been watered down even more by religious indoctrination, with a side salad of the typical Christian hubris and intolerance.

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Making an accusation of the commission of fallacy means that I have a right to address that accusation and set it aright.

By all means, you have that right -- except you never even bothered to exercise your right by actually addressing the accusation and proving it wrong by defending the substance of your argument. Instead you resorted to chicken-hearted handwaving by making a vague and shoddy assertion that fallacies are about things that are false in nature. Well.... duh! Logical fallacies are errors in the logic used in certain arguments. There can be no truth value in an error, so at best, your defense was just preaching to the choir.

Furthermore, my pointing out your logical fallacy does not translate to me asking you a question. That's just another meaningless equivocation you've conjured up for reasons best known to you. I implore you once again to get a primer on cognitive biases and logical fallacies. Also get yourself educated on equivocations and semantics.

Dtruthspeaker:

[b]And this just proves what I said earlier, which is you have no sense of Just is and Law and Judgement.

True justice entails that issues brought up in a discussion are addressed fairly and properly, without biases and prejudices towards the benefit and/or towards the detriment of either side of a discussion. You have the right to offer a defense to your position, and I have the right to call out any defects or inaccuracies in your defense. You are only upset because your infantile analogy was rightly called out to be flawed and stupid. You want me to accept whatever balderdash you choose to construct without picking it apart to see if it holds up as a solid argument. Sorry, but I'm not as gullible as you obviously are.

This is an online forum, not a church auditorium. Your random statements don't constitute the truth, merely because you say so or its written in your Holy Book. So instead of throwing hissy fits about some perceived injustice to your position, you can actually help yourself by 1) not being a careless liar, 2) making actual sound logical arguments, instead of arguments riddled with innumerable fallacies, and 3) having the integrity to swallow your pride and suppress your ego, to admit your errors and know when and where and how you were wrong.

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin res ipsa loquitur works very well here! You will fall by your words and it is your own words that will kill you.! grin

Logic speaks for itself. I have no ulterior motives here. I haven't twisted anything or made any blank statements. The misapprehensions you're having is as a result of the fear you have of your beliefs being exposed as the lies that they are, so you're throwing up a smokescreen to deflect and dodge and not have to deal with the contradictions of your doctrine.

Dtruthspeaker:
Let me keep my own too since you have confessed that you are capable of changing your answer.

The paragraph you pulled up is consistent with everything I've said so far, so the "confession" you are alluding to is a product of your fevered imaginations. Point out the inaccuracies and contradictions with your full chest, don't just say it casually.

You don't have the guts because you know you're our of your depth here. You are just a spineless, emotional illiterate who cant back up anything he says cheesy.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
You do not know who you are talking to. I TEACH LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY.

shocked shocked shocked

I nearly died from second-hand embarrassment after seeing this. Ha! So you actually teach Logic and Philosophy? Who tampered with your sense of shame? And you even had the mind to say it with your full chest, thinking that I'd be impressed grin.

More importantly, how is it that you teach Philosophy and Logic, and are conversant with fallacies in informal logic, and yet you could not recognize that by comparing a parent to an all-knowing God, you run afoul of committing the fallacy of the False Analogy? I find that to be an absurd irony, to say the least. Look, you may claim to teach Philosophy and Logic, and I have no way to verify your claims. However, considering your performance so far on this thread, I think it's safe to conclude that you are actually just a dilettante with base ideas of logic, but who clearly lacks the acclaimed extensive knowledge of logic and logical fallacies.

To tell you the truth sir, you'd have been better off not giving out this little detail about yourself. At least, people reading would have gone ahead and kept assuming the more likely explanation -- that you are random moro.n on the internet spewing sentimental nonsense. Now we won't be able get the picture of our mind. A grown ass lecturer, probably a professor of Philosophy and Logic (I wonder which institute awarded you that -- if you're telling the truth), that doesn't understand logical fallacies and how they are applied. It's a crying shame.

No, seriously. You are as dull as they come.

Dtruthspeaker:
So you would fail fighting me with Google which only gives summaries and not the whole buffet.

You claim to be scholarly but your jejune posturing indicates otherwise -- else you'd be aware that access to reputable educational repositories including journals and research work can be made accessible through Google cheesy.. You have now confirmed and marked yourself to be an amateur with this naive assumption that Google is a shallow resource insufficient for scholarly works. Pull your head out your ass and wipe the shit off your face grin.

Be reminded that you accused me of committing a FALLACY OF DIFFERENT QUALITY, and I requested that you provide citations to this fallacy, and explain its relevance to any of my arguments here and how it invalidates them. Let's see what you came up with.

Dtruthspeaker:
So, Go read philosophy and logic Text books eg Logic,philosophy 2nd Edition PrinceWill Alozie; Introduction to Logic (New York:
Macmillan publishing Co inc.1978) Irvine M. Copi.
U.Etuk Introduction to Logic and scientific reasoning (Port Harcourt: Hercon publishers ltd 1992)

Please sir, cite the page numbers, and paste the paragraphs here supporting your claim that there is fallacy called the FALLACY OF DIFFERENT QUALITY, then support your accusation of me committing a FALLACY OF DIFFERENT QUALITY, demonstrating with relevant examples how my logic was faulty. Here's your chance to prove that you are truly a Philosophy and Logic big shot and you're being gobsmackingly lazy about it. Don't let your grandstanding, brags and bluster be in vain grin.

Meanwhile, the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy has an extensive list of 231 logical fallacies and the fallacy you casually name-dropped is not one of them.
https://iep.utm.edu/fallacy/

grin grin grin

Dtruthspeaker:
Do you know that fallacy comes from fallere or fallacia which means to Lie (to deceive)? (I am sure you did not know)

Red herring fallacy. You are yet to actually puncture any argument I've made. All you've done in your replies is advertise your gross incompetence on the knowledge of logical fallacies. So much for a master of Philosophy and Logic cheesy.

Dtruthspeaker:
They do not attack Truths: Natural Truths.

1) Define "Natural Truth"

2) Are you asserting that parents having foreknowledge of anything their children will do is a "Natural Truth"?

Dtruthspeaker:
Which is why I said, you have no thing reasonable to say

So sad that I turned you into a broken record, singing the same song over and over. I didn't mean to overwhelm you with the bitter truth grin.

Since we started having this discussion, you haven't brought anything profound to the table that is new, and that we can learn from. You made your debut by casting aspersions on my character after you got triggered by my comment that God is intolerance personified. Then you proceeded to sink deeper into the abyss of insanity and illogic with your lies and countless logical blunders:

Ad Hominems? Check √

Genetic Fallacy? Check √

False Analogies? Check √

Faulty Equivocations? Check √

Red Herrings? Check √

Strawman Fallacy? √

I wonder how many more notches you will add to this tattered belt when this is all over grin.

And let's not forget your egomaniacal rant about your mastery of Philosophy and Logic. In fact, you were so masterful that you created a fallacy of your own that has never been cited anywhere except on Nairaland.

Lol. You're fooling no one.

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:59am On Oct 26, 2022
uche40:

I already asked you to look up the meaning of the word "intolerance" in a standard and reputable dictionary. You have a very skewed understanding of what "intolerance" really is. It is most often described as the rejection, or the refusal to accept the views, practices and beliefs of other people that differ from yours.
One of the biggest sources of God's irritation throughout the Bible is idolatry. Your God is self-described as jealous. He expresses rage and becomes petty when his creation don't follow his orders. He doesn't entertain deviation from his commandments in the Old Testament. Your God may forgive people for disobeying him by worshipping other gods, but only under the condition that they REPENT and return to serving him only. That is the very definition of INTOLERANCE sir.
Your Holy Bible makes it quite clear that God does not tolerate sin. He condemned Adam and Eve's lifestyle choice to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, placed curses on them and drove them out of the Garden of Eden. Remember Uzzah and the Ark of the Tabernacle? What of the flood story in the Book of Genesis? Do these acts resemble those of a God who is willing to entertain any behavior or actions contrary to his will and orders? Your God is also intolerant towards criticisms of his ways, and he labels it BLASPHEMY. That's why you're profusely begging me to "go on my knees" and seek his forgiveness. Not only is your God intolerant. He's a petty insecure crybaby. Your God can kiss my ass for all I care. I have no need to please an emotionally turbulent fairy manchild who cant stand it when people don't bend over and submit to his infantile wishes. Your God reads like someone suffering from deep seated inferiority complex and low self-esteem. Good morning.

There is just one thing i love in your comment: you consistently refer to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel) as the God of Maximus!

So i will say "thank you"

That is my God for you, He will never ever tolerate evil because He knows what will be it's result! Isaiah 46:10

He is the Manufacturer who tells the outcome if any user disregard the instructional manual!

I love such a person with all my heart because with Him i will always be safe and happy that i have the best friend ever.

Thanks once again! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:34am On Oct 26, 2022
uche40:

More importantly, how is it that you teach Philosophy and Logic, and are conversant with fallacies in informal logic, and yet you could not recognize that by comparing a parent to an all-knowing God, you run afoul of committing the fallacy of the False Analogy?

grin Did I not warn you that your words will kill you? grin

With all your talks you ended making a very sweet mistake and confessing the Truth I told you saying

"and are conversant with fallacies in informal logic." grin

And I said nothing about informal fallacies yet you found it. grin grin

Case Closed
grin grin

Secondly,i already answered you. True Analogy is not a fallacy.

So your Ad hominems, are just non smelling farts and you have nothing to say grin
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by DollarBag: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
gideonjeta:
THROUGHOUT history God has tolerated much badness and outright wickedness. Many individuals are puzzled by God’s permission of wickedness. Do you feel at times that God should hurry up and destroy all wicked people right away? Consider what the Bible says about the limits of God’s tolerance and the reasons for it.
God is patiently tolerating many things that he finds totally unacceptable. Although he hates wickedness, he is temporarily allowing it to continue. There are good reasons for his doing so.
One of the reasons is he allows time for the crucial issues raised by Satan’s rebellion in the garden of Eden to be settled once and for all time. These are issues that center around the rightness and rightfulness of God’s way of ruling.
Another reason is God patient endurance of wrong provides time and opportunity for those involved in badness to change.
However, it would be unloving and unreasonable for God to allow wrongdoing to continue forever. No loving father would endlessly tolerate badness from one of his children who continued deliberately to inflict grievous pain on other family members. Apostle Paul made reference to this at Acts 17:30.31. Jehovah God has outlined a timetable and now is the time for those who continue in badness to repent genuinely and change their ways as stated in Acts 3:19.
In summary, Jehovah God is tolerant but there is a limit. As soon as the limit elapsed, the wicked who remain unrepentant in their ways shall face God's judgement.

Pls my dear, call/WhatsApp me on 09122036388. I want to share an important spiritual issue with you pls.
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
uche40:
More importantly, how is it that you teach Philosophy and Logic, and are conversant with fallacies in informal logic, and yet you could not recognize that by comparing a parent to an all-knowing God, you run afoul of committing the fallacy of the False Analogy?

Dtruthspeaker:

With all your talks you ended making a very sweet mistake and confessing the Truth I told you saying

[b]"and are conversant with fallacies in informal logic." grin

And I said nothing about informal fallacies yet you found it. grin grin

So I take it, from this kindergarten retort, that you don't know what fallacies in informal logic are, neither do you know how and where they apply -- which would imply that you actually aren't conversant with fallacies in informal logic. Quite typical for a dilettante like you.

And there was never a case from the beginning since you actually haven't accomplished anything here rather than run around the thread aimlessly -- with crass shamelessness -- in your shit stained undies. The mere fact that you could only reply to a single phrase, that you shamelessly quotemined out of context from my entire riposte, just to make a frivolous and unimportant critique is the biggest indicator that you are way in over your head on this topic. How sad.

Dtruthspeaker:

Secondly,i already answered you. True Analogy is not a fallacy.

I never made that equivocation, so this is a Strawman Fallacy, at best. Your analogy comparing parents to God is a FALSE analogy and not a TRUE one. This is a basic fact for anyone who took freshman classes in Logic. I'm starting to feel like a bully now. You should quit now while you still have the chance because you are getting thoroughly exposed here. You have been caught pants down as a stark illiterate, and you're losing this argument at every turn grin.

My heartfelt sympathy goes to the unfortunate youths who were scammed of their parents' hard-earned money, attending classes in Philosophy and Logic taught by a half-baked, sentimental dunce. Philosophy and Logic teacher my ass. Lol.

Dtruthspeaker:

So your Ad hominems, are just non smelling farts and you have nothing to say grin

You mean the ad hominems which characterize all of your replies here? I'm not sure you know what ad hominem is. Shocking, given that you call yourself a master of logical fallacies. All the assessments I made about your person here are what I've parsed from the contents of your submissions. If it looks like a fool, and it talks like a fool, then it is most likely a fool. And I actually addressed your arguments and did not just ignore or handwave them away -- which is the prime characteristic of an ad hominem argument: "attacking the man", rather than the substance. Compare this to your rebuttals which are mostly bereft of substance, and are only intended to poison the well and cast aspersions on your opponent to distract from your crass incompetence in logical arguments. The only thing that stinks to the high heavens here is the after-stench of the puerile statements you've made here. The worst part is that you don't even realize how stupid or ignorant you truly sound. You are self-satisfied in your surreal ignorance.

Meanwhile, I noted that you've refused to provide a citation -- via any educational source material of credible repute -- for the existence of a FALLACY OF DIFFERENT QUALITY, backing it up with relevant examples and detailing its relationship to my arguments, and how my arguments are nullified by it. Not that I expected you to anyway, because you and I both know that no such fallacy exists. And even if it did, you worded and presented it poorly such that it seemed out of context with the current discussion. I'm not sure it speaks well on your part, as a self-acclaimed master of Philosophy and Logic. And I'm betting you wont have the cojones to admit your careless and senseless goof.

It's high time you told yourself the truth and stopped deceiving yourself.

A leopard can never change its spots, neither can it blot them out. You are not a master of Philosophy or Logic. You are no erudite scholar. You are an illiterate and a FRAUD. You can't pull the wool over the eyes of anyone here because any normal person can see through you. The nonsensical arguments you've littered all over this thread speak against you and declare that you are a pathetic liar.

In consideration of your posturings and attitude on this thread thus far, I will assume that your IQ is the same as your shoe size, and advice you to stick to making contributions to threads where superstitious simpletons like you can recite and regurgitate religious platitudes to each other, coupled with fear mongering, without regard for logical and/or scientific correctness or coherence.

Stop being a nuisance. As far as this thread is concerned, you have outlived your usefulness.

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

There is just one thing i love in your comment: you consistently refer to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel) as the God of Maximus!

So i will say "thank you"

That is my God for you, He will never ever tolerate evil because He knows what will be it's result! Isaiah 46:10

He is the Manufacturer who tells the outcome if any user disregard the instructional manual!

I love such a person with all my heart because with Him i will always be safe and happy that i have the best friend ever.

Thanks once again! smiley

Funny that God doesn't tolerate evil, since he created it in the first place.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
- Isaiah 45:7

Like your half-baked, dim-witted brother in the Lord Dtruthspeaker, you've also committed the fallacy of the False Analogy, since a human manufacturer does not share the same characteristics with an all-knowing God. The manufacturer might be able to know the outcome of users misusing his product, but he can NOT know for certain IF the user will surely disregard the instructions manual or not. Such knowledge is beyond his limited purview.

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:29am On Oct 27, 2022
uche40:

Funny that God doesn't tolerate evil, since he created it in the first place.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Like your half-baked, dim-witted brother in the Lord Dtruthspeaker, you've also committed the fallacy of the False Analogy, since a human manufacturer does not share the same characteristics with an all-knowing God. The manufacturer might be able to know the outcome of users misusing his product, but he can NOT know for certain IF the user will surely disregard the instructions manual or not. Such knowledge is beyond his limited purview.

I respect intelligent people a lot because i have once been a professional in that field.

A thread on this forum is entitled:

"Does the Bible need an update?"

That is a very good question and the answer is:

"NO, it's man's understanding of this book that needs an update not God's word because God's word is perfect"

Regarding the above verse this is the meaning:

God is strengthening his servants regarding the fears they often have as they go confronting evil people with God's message.

"Do not fear those that can kill the body but cannot kill the soul" Matthew 10:28

There is no evil things any human can think of that's beyond God's undoing because He God created everything. Life, Death, Water, Fire, Heat, Cold, Wet, Dry, Iron, Rubber, Speed as in anything you can think of is all within God's creation.

So if Nebuchadnezzar thought of using the fire to destroy a servant of God you (Isaiah) should remember that JEHOVAH created Fire and He can control all the gasses that makes up what we call FIRE into becoming an air-conditioner for the sake of His own servants whereas that same fire will consume the fittest of Nebuchadnezzar's bodyguards.

If some miscreants thought of throwing Daniel in the lion's den remember that JEHOVAH created the ravenous predator known as "lion" He has the power to turn these predators into domestic pets for the sake of His servant Daniel whereas these same lions will devour those scheming the evil.

So even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i will fear no evil because JEHOVAH who created both light, darkness, valley, shadow, life and death is with me! Psalms 23:4

Thanks for your time! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49am On Oct 27, 2022
uche40:

So I take it,....

See tantrums and madness and insults grin

When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser grin grin
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 9:24am On Oct 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See tantrums and madness and insults grin

When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser grin grin

Very interesting. You mentioned 1) tantrums, 2) madness, and 3) insults. Now, let's do a detailed analysis of your accusations to see who's really guilty of them grin.

=================================

1) TANTRUMS: I opined that the Biblical God was intolerant -- basing my understanding on his temperaments in the Old Testament, and then you flared up in a paroxysm of anger and bitterness. I even asked why you got mad, and you admitted that my statement set you off cheesy. Here's a reconstruction of our foremost interaction:

OP QUESTION: How Tolerant is God?

uche40: If you ask me, the God of the Old Testament is intolerance personified.

Dtruthspeaker: No one asked you. And humous man are still the same old very disobedient, very annoying, rebellious and stupid people who never learn that it is very stupid and destructive to fight your Creator. You will lose every time!

uche40: (puzzled by the bitter response) Who shit in your tea, sir?

Dtruthspeaker: You People ma!

I didn't even quote you in the first place. It was you who got triggered over a single comment, and went off on a senseless rant that had nothing to do with what I said grin.

Question: Who is the frustrated emotional crybaby throwing tantrums here grin?

Answer: DTRUTHSPEAKER √

Score: 1/3

==========

2) MADNESS: To fully illustrate your mental turbulence, I'll give you bullet points of the moments where your mental faculties betrayed you, as our interaction progressed.

• You responded to my claim of God's intolerance by ranting about how humous (sic) (you meant to say humans) were stupid to attack God, completely ignoring the elephant in the room (God's intolerance). <<<<< 1st sign of madness because your response was a non-sequitur and a thought-terminating cliché meant to distract from the point.

• You asserted that fallacies do not negate "Natural Truths" <<<<< 2nd sign of madness because you clearly and obviously did not understand the purpose for which I cited the fallacy. For the record, parents being like a God is not a "Natural Truth".

• You claimed that there's a fallacy called the Fallacy of Different Quality <<<<< 3rd sign of madness because no such fallacy exists. For close to two days, you've been asked to provide citations for the fallacy and it's relevance to my arguments, and you have failed to do so. Obviously you made it up. Anything that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Hitchens' razor applies.

• You claimed that accusing you of a fallacy was the same as asking you a question <<<<< 4th sign of madness, and one of the most telling signs here grin.

• You edited one of your posts to say something completely different from what you initially posted <<<<< 5th sign of madness because such action shows that you are unstable and have no idea what you are really trying to say.

• You claimed that you are a master of Philosophy and Logic, but you proved on numerous occasions that you don't possess proper knowledge of common logical fallacies. Especially fallacies in informal logic <<<<< 6th sign of madness. You probably suffer from delusions of grandeur.

• You kept repeating same statements over and over again <<<<< 7th sign of madness. You probably suffer from Tourette's Syndrome.

Question: Who is the brain-tickled madman that makes crazy and unsupported statements and can't stick to the topic of the discussion cheesy?

Score: 2/3

==========

3) INSULTS: As I stated earlier I never actually insulted you to your face. It's not my fault that my description of your comments for what they really are appears to hurt your feelings. Everything I've said about you is in consonance with the contents of your posts. Recall again, that YOU were the one who quoted me first -- your post steaming with hate and derision -- tacitly appending unjustified accusations on me such as 1) Annoying, and 2) Stupid, because I rightly noted that your God was intolerant. You even implied that my assessment was an "attack".

Question: Who took the discussion way too personal and started dishing out unjustified insults?

Score: 3/3

=================================

Isn't it a curious irony we have here cheesy? How poetic, that you are actually the person here guilty of the behaviors you listed. Psychology is a bitch. See how you neatly exposed yourself through psychological projection cheesy. And now we can also see that you are the one guilty of slander here, because all your allegations towards me are false. Lol! grin

For once I agree with you, Dtruthspeaker. When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.

DTRUTHSPEAKER, YOU ARE A LOSER! grin grin

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 9:41am On Oct 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I respect intelligent people a lot because i have once been a professional in that field.

A thread on this forum is entitled:

"Should the Bible be updated?"

That is a very good question and the answer is:

"NO, it's man's understanding of this book that needs an update not God's word because God's word is perfect"

Regarding the above verse this is the meaning:

God is strengthening his servants regarding the fears they often have as they go confronting evil people with God's message.

"Do not fear those that can kill the body but cannot kill the soul" Matthew 10:28

There is no evil things any human can think of that's beyond God's undoing because He God created everything. Life, Death, Water, Fire, Heat, Cold, Wet, Dry, Iron, Rubber, Speed as in anything you can think of is all within God's creation.

So if Nebuchadnezzar thought of using the fire to destroy a servant of God you (Isaiah) should remember that JEHOVAH created Fire and He can control all the gasses that makes up what we call FIRE into becoming an air-conditioner for the sake of His own servants whereas that same fire will consume the fittest of Nebuchadnezzar's bodyguards.

If some miscreants thought of throwing Daniel in the lion's den remember that JEHOVAH created the ravenous predator known as "lion" He has the power to turn these predators into domestic pets for the sake of His servant Daniel whereas these same lions will devour those scheming the evil.

So even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i will fear no evil because JEHOVAH who created both light, darkness, valley, shadow, life and death is with me! Psalms 23:4

I have asked you no less than three times to look up the meaning of the word INTOLERANCE in a standard and reputable dictionary, but since you're apparently too lazy to open just one extra tab on your browser that would have helped your confusion, I'll take the liberty to assist you.

intolerance
/ɪnˈtɒl(ə)r(ə)ns,ɪnˈtɒl(ə)rəns/

noun
1. unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behaviour that differ from one's own.
"a struggle against religious intolerance"
https://languages.oup.com/google-dictionary-en/

The above definition indicates that intolerance is a state of active rejection (unwillingness to accept) towards a behavior.

Now, I don't care to listen to your unsolicited preaching. I'm not religious and I don't hold the Bible as an authority on anything factual. The fact of the matter is that your God is self-acclaimed to be the author of evil. Even you have confirmed it in this post, with your interpretation of Isaiah 45:7, that God encompasses all things -- both good and evil. So it's absurd that you make this statement...

MaxInDHouse:

...and still proudly announce that your God is the one who created evil. Or you don't see the irony in one having intolerance for the very thing he created? If you don't, then there's nothing that can be done to help you further. Your posts so far to me on this thread strike me as rhetorical in nature -- as someone who thinks he can never be wrong. So I don't believe there's any possibility of a meaningful discussion between us. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
uche40:

I have asked you no less than three times to look up the meaning of the word INTOLERANCE in a standard and reputable dictionary, but since you're apparently too lazy to open just one extra tab on your browser that would have helped your confusion, I'll take the liberty to assist you.
intolerance
noun
1. unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behaviour that differ from one's own.
The above definition indicates that intolerance is a state of active rejection (unwillingness to accept) towards a behavior.
Now, I don't care to listen to your unsolicited preaching. I'm not religious and I don't hold the Bible as an authority on anything factual. The fact of the matter is that your God is self-acclaimed to be the author of evil. Even you have confirmed it in this post, with your interpretation of Isaiah 45:7, that God encompasses all things -- both good and evil. So it's absurd that you make this statement...
...and still proudly announce that your God is the one who created evil. Or you don't see the irony in one having intolerance for the very thing he created? If you don't, then there's nothing that can be done to help you further. Your posts so far to me on this thread strike me as rhetorical in nature -- as someone who thinks he can never be wrong. So I don't believe there's any possibility of a meaningful discussion between us. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

With the highlighted please try to be calm the thread is about God's tolerance and from the dictionary the word GOD connotes SUPREME BEING so if there are people commiting havoc on the planet but GOD only dealt with those He has warned repeatedly then i can't accept your understanding of the word intolerance. God tolerates His creatures and knew their weaknesses {103:14} but it's the evil in their hearts that He is pleading with them to have a change of heart! Ezekiel 33:11 smiley

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

With the highlighted please try to be calm the thread is about God's tolerance and from the dictionary the word GOD connotes SUPREME BEING so if there are people commiting havoc on the planet but GOD only dealt with those He has warned repeatedly then i can't accept your understanding of the word intolerance. God tolerates His creatures and knew their weaknesses {103:14} but it's the evil in their hearts that He is pleading with them to have a change of heart! Ezekiel 33:11 smiley

My understanding? Lol. The definition of intolerance that I shared is the literal definition of the word. It's not my subjective interpretation.

And I still can't make any sense of your defense. Let me ask you a question: Does God know for certain where I'll end up between Heaven and Hell?

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
uche40:

My understanding? Lol. The definition of intolerance that I shared is the literal definition of the word. It's not my subjective interpretation.

And I still can't make any sense of your defense. Let me ask you a question: Does God know for certain where I'll end up between Heaven and Hell?

NO!
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

NO!

Ok. So your God isn't all-knowing then?

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
uche40:

Ok. So your God isn't all-knowing then?

He never claim so! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He never claim so! smiley

I'm pretty sure he did.

All-knowing is synonymous with Omniscience, as in COMPLETE knowledge.

Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, ‘My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’;
- Isaiah 46:9-10

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
- Jeremiah 1:5

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
uche40:

I'm pretty sure he did.

All-knowing is synonymous with Omniscience, as in COMPLETE knowledge.

Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, ‘My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’;
- Isaiah 46:9-10

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
- Jeremiah 1:5

God began trailing the lineage of Abraham due to His plan for salvation of mankind so anyone that falls in that arrangement God used His power to foresee what they will become in line with His plans but as for people like you who has no business with His arrangement He doesn't even know you're existing presently that's why Jesus referred to people who has no business with God's plans as "DEAD" {Luke 9:60} for confirmation read these:

“The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it.” Genesis 18:20-21

“Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.” Genesis 22:12

Does it sound like the one talking knows everything as you've been erroneously taught?

Well He doesn't, the trailing began after Abraham has proved to be faithful and loyal to Him {James 2:23} and He kept His promise to Abraham by making sure that the Messiah (Christ) came through Abraham's lineage as promised! Matthew 1:17

But as for the other nations or people having no business with His program well His son referred to suchlike ones as DEAD because God doesn't even know they exist {Matthew 8:22} because all His thoughts are focused on those that are doing what befits remembrance during resurrection! Psalms 9:17

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 12:19am On Oct 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

God began trailing the lineage of Abraham due to His plan for salvation of mankind so anyone that falls in that arrangement God used His power to foresee what they will become in line with His plans but as for people like you who has no business with His arrangement He doesn't even know you're existing presently that's why Jesus referred to people who has no business with God's plans as "DEAD" {Luke 9:60} for confirmation read these:

“The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it.” Genesis 18:20-21

“Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.” Genesis 22:12

Does it sound like the one talking knows everything as you've been erroneously taught?

Well He doesn't, the trailing began after Abraham has proved to be faithful and loyal to Him {James 2:23} and He kept His promise to Abraham by making sure that the Messiah (Christ) came through Abraham's lineage as promised! Matthew 1:17

But as for the other nations or people having no business with His program well His son referred to suchlike ones as DEAD because God doesn't even know they exist {Matthew 8:22} because all His thoughts are focused on those that are doing what befits remembrance during resurrection! Psalms 9:17

I will ignore the dodgy hermeneutics, since your interpretation of biblical scriptures is very peculiar and not in consonance with mainstream Christian ideology. You are probably the only Christian I've encountered who claims that God does not have perfect knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 12:25am On Oct 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

God began trailing the lineage of Abraham due to His plan for salvation of mankind so anyone that falls in that arrangement God used His power to foresee what they will become in line with His plans but as for people like you who has no business with His arrangement He doesn't even know you're existing presently that's why Jesus referred to people who has no business with God's plans as "DEAD" {Luke 9:60}

Take a moment to read what you just wrote.

Your God bothered himself enough to create unbelievers and place them on this earth, but they have no business with his "arrangements" or "plans" according to you -- meaning he created them for no discernible reason. Lol. He brought them into the world, but he's not even aware that they're existing.

grin

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48am On Oct 28, 2022
uche40:

Take a moment to read what you just wrote.
Your God bothered himself enough to create unbelievers and place them on this earth, but they have no business with his "arrangements" or "plans" according to you -- meaning he created them for no discernible reason. Lol. He brought them into the world, but he's not even aware that they're existing. grin

YES!
Because that's not what He planned for mankind in the beginning {Genesis 1:26-28-} but since majority chose to be evil {Deuteronomy 32:5} and that always saddens Him {Genesis 6:6} God turned His attention away from them as He can't bear seeing them doing disgusting things {Habakkuk1:13} as in hurting themselves when He great prospect for them! Ecclesiastes 8:9

When God created the planet and put man in charge He meant good not evil {Jeremiah 29:11} but majority of humans love dominating their kind trying to set standards for right and wrong and this is what God warned the first human couple against from onset {Genesis 2:17} so He doesn't know what mankind will turn out to be until most of us began making choices. Deuteronomy 30:19

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 8:58am On Oct 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES!
Because that's not what He planned for mankind in the beginning {Genesis 1:26-28-} but since majority chose to be evil {Deuteronomy 32:5} and that always saddens Him {Genesis 6:6} God turned His attention away from them as He can't bear seeing them doing disgusting things {Habakkuk1:13} as in hurting themselves when He great prospect for them! Ecclesiastes 8:9

When God created the planet and put man in charge He meant good not evil {Jeremiah 29:11} but majority of humans love dominating their kind trying to set standards for right and wrong and this is what God warned the first human couple against from onset {Genesis 2:17} so He doesn't know what mankind will turn out to be until most of us began making choices. Deuteronomy 30:19

This is just you running around in pointless circles, twisting scriptures along the way because you are trying to disprove a paradox. You are claiming your God does not possess perfect knowledge, right? No problem.

Let us now assume that God does NOT possess perfect knowledge. You stated that God's plans for mankind in the beginning were derailed, and that since people chose to sin against him, he decided to turn his attention from them and focus on those who keep his commandments. You have just tacitly admitted that your God is imperfect and subject to changing his mind. Are you aware that this perspective is considered a heresy in mainstream traditional Christianity which asserts God's infallibility and/or perfection?

In recent years though a new movement has emerged called Open Theism. This movement has taken Arminianism to its logical intellectual conclusion. Knowing the "problem" that complete knowledge of the future means that the future is fixed, they have consciously taken the position that God does NOT know the future at all. They argue that because the future does not yet exist, even God does not know of it.

In reading certain narrative portions of Scripture, some have incorrectly concluded that God changes His mind. Yet the Bible is clear that not only does God not change in His essential nature (Mal. 3:6) but that He does not repent or change His mind. The Bible actually teaches this in a didactic portion. "God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" Numbers 23:19.

For the sake of argument though, lets try to imagine God literally changing His mind. I want to explain how this concept is inseparably linked with God's omniscience because for God to change His mind, He would need to make a decision and then be given new information He did not have before, so that He could either see the error of His ways, or choose a better course of action. It is important we see this.For God to change His mind, it would mean that God is learning new material as each day unfolds, and because you and I make that information known to God, or He sees that plan A is not working too well, because He is now armed with new information, He can make a better decision than the one He did previously. However, this idea would totally undermine God's exhaustive knowledge of future events (His omniscience) one of the very attributes of God. Such a thought is unthinkable. He would not be the all knowing God Scripture declares Him to be if indeed He ever learnt something. No, He has always had total, complete and infinite knowledge of all things from all eternity past.
http://www.reformationtheology.com/2011/07/does_god_ever_change_his_mind.php

edit: A quick perusal through your posts shows me that you are a Jehovah's Witness -- which makes sense because I'm quite unfamiliar with the JW doctrine. At any rate, I do not care to hear your dodgy interpretation of religious scriptures. This is why, as I said earlier, I take care not to engage with religious "teachers" because they are obsessed with hermeneutics. It's also common to see two different religious "teachers" disagreeing with each other's interpretations. Just goes to show how flawed and undependable the Bible actually is.

3 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2022
uche40:

This is just you running around in pointless circles, twisting scriptures along the way because you are trying to disprove a paradox. You are claiming your God does not possess perfect knowledge, right? No problem.

Let us now assume that God does NOT possess perfect knowledge. You stated that God's plans for mankind in the beginning were derailed, and that since people chose to sin against him, he decided to turn his attention from them and focus on those who keep his commandments. You have just tacitly admitted that your God is imperfect and subject to changing his mind. Are you aware that this perspective is considered a heresy in mainstream traditional Christianity which asserts God's infallibility and/or perfection?

In recent years though a new movement has emerged called Open Theism. This movement has taken Arminianism to its logical intellectual conclusion. Knowing the "problem" that complete knowledge of the future means that the future is fixed, they have consciously taken the position that God does NOT know the future at all. They argue that because the future does not yet exist, even God does not know of it.

In reading certain narrative portions of Scripture, some have incorrectly concluded that God changes His mind. Yet the Bible is clear that not only does God not change in His essential nature (Mal. 3:6) but that He does not repent or change His mind. The Bible actually teaches this in a didactic portion. "God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" Numbers 23:19.

For the sake of argument though, lets try to imagine God literally changing His mind. I want to explain how this concept is inseparably linked with God's omniscience because for God to change His mind, He would need to make a decision and then be given new information He did not have before, so that He could either see the error of His ways, or choose a better course of action. It is important we see this.For God to change His mind, it would mean that God is learning new material as each day unfolds, and because you and I make that information known to God, or He sees that plan A is not working too well, because He is now armed with new information, He can make a better decision than the one He did previously. However, this idea would totally undermine God's exhaustive knowledge of future events (His omniscience) one of the very attributes of God. Such a thought is unthinkable. He would not be the all knowing God Scripture declares Him to be if indeed He ever learnt something. No, He has always had total, complete and infinite knowledge of all things from all eternity past.
http://www.reformationtheology.com/2011/07/does_god_ever_change_his_mind.php

edit: A quick perusal through your posts shows me that you are a Jehovah's Witness -- which makes sense because I'm quite unfamiliar with the JW doctrine. At any rate, I do not care to hear your dodgy interpretation of religious scriptures. This is why, as I said earlier, I take care not to engage with religious "teachers" because they are obsessed with hermeneutics. It's also common to see two different religious "teachers" disagreeing with each other's interpretations. Just goes to show how flawed and undependable the Bible actually is.

Well you're entitled to your own PERSONAL opinion just like billions out there but when it comes to an accurate knowledge of God's word all you need to do is ask for wisdom.
As i said earlier man's understanding of God's word needs updating otherwise you will say the book is undependable.

This is what the author promised:

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

The Author is hereby saying:

Towards the time i'm coming to destroy all evildoers my active force will gather all faithful people into just one group, they will use my word to set standards among themselves and the result will be settling all their racial disparities among themselves, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons then finally they will vow never to raise weapons against their fellowman forever!

This is fulfilling today in the gathering of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the world so while all other schools of thought including atheists and agnostics can't stop killing their neighbours due to politics and racism {Revelations 6:3-4} God's people (Jehovah's Witnesses) are working out LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL in our midst {Galatians 5:22-23} in fulfilment of what God's Son said regarding the FRUIT in our midst {Matthew 7:16-18} so if you want to discard all these obvious proofs we will not because we have tested and come to trust the Bible as a book that's DEPENDABLE.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 10:41am On Oct 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well you're entitled to your own PERSONAL opinion just like billions out there but when it comes to an accurate knowledge of God's word all you need to do is ask for wisdom.
As i said earlier man's understanding of God's word needs updating otherwise you will say the book is undependable.

And whose fault is it that man's understanding is too flawed that it needs constant updating to decipher God's word? An all-powerful benevolent deity that has his creations' best interests at heart could definitely come up with a better religious manuscript than the sufficiently vague Holy Bible -- rather than gamble with his creations' collective salvation by leaving them with the choice to "ask for wisdom". I'm sure you are convinced that your understanding of scripture is infallible, so do you think you are more wise than the countless religious instructors around the world who teach that God is all-knowing and does not change his mind? This might be far from your true intentions, but you're making your God sound so clueless and incompetent.

MaxInDHouse:
This is what the author promised:

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

The Author is hereby saying:

Towards the time i'm coming to destroy all evildoers my active force will gather all faithful people into just one group, they will use my word to set standards among themselves and the result will be settling all their racial disparities among themselves, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons then finally they will vow never to raise weapons against their fellowman forever!

This is fulfilling today in the gathering of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the world so while all other schools of thought including atheists and agnostics can't stop killing their neighbours due to politics and racism {Revelations 6:3-4} God's people (Jehovah's Witnesses) are working out LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL in our midst {Galatians 5:22-23} in fulfilment of what God's Son said regarding the FRUIT in our midst {Matthew 7:16-18} so if you want to discard all these obvious proofs we will not because we have tested and come to trust the Bible as a book that's DEPENDABLE.

May you have PEACE! smiley

Oga you are delusional

The royal commission uncovered a vast cache of files compiled by Jehovah's Witnesses members over more than 60 years. These files documented allegations and confessions of the abuse of more than 1,800 children by more than 1,000 alleged perpetrators in Australia. The royal commission found no evidence the Australian branch office had ever alerted authorities about any of the alleged abuse documented in these files.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-13/jehovah-witnesses-child-abuse-four-corners-investigations/100444320

Dr. George D. Chryssides and Dr. James A. Beverley have reported that Witness publications teach that individuals' consciences are unreliable and need to be subordinated to scripture and to the Watch Tower Society. Beverley describes the belief that organizational loyalty is equal to divine loyalty as the "central myth" of Jehovah's Witnesses employed to ensure complete obedience. Andrew Holden has also observed that Witnesses see no distinction between loyalty to Jehovah and to the movement itself. According to him, Witnesses are "under official surveillance" within the congregation. He noted that members who cannot conscientiously agree with all the movement's teachings are expelled and shunned.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

Please show me the love, joy and peace in 1) the mistreatment and ostracizing of former Jehovah Witness members, 2) governing your members through autocracy and coercion, 3) denying your members proper healthcare even in life threatening situations, 4) covering up cases of sexual abuse within your organization etc.

3 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by Namdio(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2022
Before I get into it, I'd like to apologise on behalf of all Christians for the behaviour of the few. It takes effort try and argue logically, and not everyone is as conversant with it as you.

Now my attempt

uche40:

intolerance

noun

So I looked up the definition of the word "accept"

to believe that something is true:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/accept

(I choose this because I didn't think the other definitions fit the usage in the sentence.)

Looking at things like this, it becomes clear why God is intolerant following the above definition (and the belief that God is omniscient)

As an omniscient God, he of course knows what is empirically true, so why should he accept (believe to be true) a belief that is not?

So on this point, I have to agree with you, God is intolerant, because He knows What is actually true.

However going with another definition of intolerant

1 : unable or unwilling to endure
2 a : unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intolerant

We can just as equally see that, yes, God is not intolerant. If not I'm sure you would have already died for all this (supposed) blasphemy, or would not even be able to blaspheme. Or that anyone would be able to go against him for so long (because endurance should have a limit shouldn't it?)
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by Namdio(m): 11:17am On Oct 28, 2022
uche40:

Please show me the love, joy and peace in 1) the mistreatment and ostracizing of former Jehovah Witness members, 2) governing your members through autocracy and coercion, 3) denying your members proper healthcare even in life threatening situations, 4) covering up cases of sexual abuse within your organization etc.

Even among the various Christian Denominations, the Witnesses are viewed as extremists.

2 Likes

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
uche40:

And whose fault is it that man's understanding is too flawed that it needs constant updating to decipher God's word? An all-powerful benevolent deity that has his creations' best interests at heart could definitely come up with a better religious manuscript than the sufficiently vague Holy Bible -- rather than gamble with his creations' collective salvation by leaving them with the choice to "ask for wisdom". I'm sure you are convinced that your understanding of scripture is infallible, so do you think you are more wise than the countless religious instructors around the world who teach that God is all-knowing and does not change his mind? This might be far from your true intentions, but you're making your God sound so clueless and incompetent.
Whatever your opinion! smiley

uche40:

Oga you are delusional
The royal commission uncovered a vast cache of files compiled by Jehovah's Witnesses members over more than 60 years. These files documented allegations and confessions of the abuse of more than 1,800 children by more than 1,000 alleged perpetrators in Australia. The royal commission found no evidence the Australian branch office had ever alerted authorities about any of the alleged abuse documented in these files.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-13/jehovah-witnesses-child-abuse-four-corners-investigations/100444320
Dr. George D. Chryssides and Dr. James A. Beverley have reported that Witness publications teach that individuals' consciences are unreliable and need to be subordinated to scripture and to the Watch Tower Society. Beverley describes the belief that organizational loyalty is equal to divine loyalty as the "central myth" of Jehovah's Witnesses employed to ensure complete obedience. Andrew Holden has also observed that Witnesses see no distinction between loyalty to Jehovah and to the movement itself. According to him, Witnesses are "under official surveillance" within the congregation. He noted that members who cannot conscientiously agree with all the movement's teachings are expelled and shunned.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

I'm sure you should believe in LOGICS so if i become a close confidant to someone when we both agreed on certain terms and conditions then the person decides to shun the term and conditions that binds us together as close confidants please what else should i do to such a person?
Well in my own opinion since each person has his or her own minds before we agreed on terms and conditions then we can both return to our old ways the bond is no more! Luke 9:62; Romans 16:17 smiley
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by uche40(f): 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Whatever your opinion! smiley

I'm sure you should believe in LOGICS so if i become a close confidant to someone when we both agreed on certain terms and conditions then the person decides to shun the term and conditions that binds us together as close confidants please what else should i do to such a person?
Well in my own opinion since each person has his or her own minds before we agreed on terms and conditions then we can both return to our old ways the bond is no more! Luke 9:62; Romans 16:17 smiley

Strange how you don't see that the malicious exclusion of individuals who dont practice your specific faith is the direct antithesis of promoting love and peace. You're no different from any other cult group that is only satisfied with the selfish interests of their organization at the detriment of external relations of the cult members with their own family members and harmony with the world around them. Just stop abeg. You're too delusional.

Plus I like how you only addressed the exclusion of ex-members and didn't address the other criticisms I brought up. You're not just deluded. You are wilfully ignorant.

Please follow the link below to see how "God's people" ruined this woman's life and tore her family apart

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Redeemed Pastor Warns Nigerians Not To Vote Against Jonathan In 2015 / Pseudo Science Exposed Again! Wooly Mammoth Is Less Than 5000 Years Old. / Catholics Pls Can U Guys Tell Me What Is Going On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.