Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,514 members, 7,861,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

How Tolerant Is God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Tolerant Is God? (3083 Views)

Studying Theology Makes One Less Pharisaical, Less Critical And More Tolerant. / Why Are The Yoruba Muslims More Tolerant? / Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Tolerant Of Other Religions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
The most tolerant personality ever: the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!
Exodus 34:6
Psalms 103:8
Proverbs 14:29

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by NNTR: 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
uche40:
Argue with your fellow Christians
If only more christians, properly and correctly read their bibles, there'd be less christians and/or less Constantine christians

uche40:
.... who claim that God is all-powerful and all-knowing.
Psalm 139:1-18
'1O LORD, you have searched me [thoroughly]
and have known me.
2You know when I sit down and when I rise up
[my entire life, everything I do];
You understand my thought from afar.
3You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And You are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before there is a word on my tongue [still unspoken],
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
5You have enclosed me behind and before,
And [You have] placed Your hand upon me.
6Such [infinite] knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high [above me], I cannot reach it.
7Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol
(the nether world, the place of the dead), behold, You are there.
9If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
10Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will take hold of me.
11If I say, “Surely the darkness will cover me,
And the night will be the only light around me,”
12Even the darkness is not dark to You
and conceals nothing from You,
But the night shines as bright as the day;
Darkness and light are alike to You.
13For You formed my innermost parts;
You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb.
14I will give thanks and praise to You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was being formed in secret,
And intricately and skillfully formed
[as if embroidered with many colors] in the depths of the earth.
16Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were appointed for me,
When as yet there was not one of them [even taking shape].
17How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18If I could count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.
'

God isnt just not only omnipotent and omniscient, but concurrently is omnipresent and omnibenevolent too. It is an incontrovertibly truth that God is

uche40:
This argument is worn out and I have no desire to go back and forth on it anymore.
This is more the reason why its better to have a discussion instead of a DOA argument(s), as arguments essentially have to do with trading, with ignorance(s) being the currency.

uche40:
So again, thanks for your time.
Thanks to the poster, you know yourself, who made mention of this thread to me and particularly uche40 post the referral

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2022
NNTR:

If only more christians, properly and correctly read their bibles, there'd be less christians and/or less Constantine christians
And who told you that you're not one of the followers of Constantine?

NNTR:

God isnt just not only omnipotent and omniscient, but concurrently is omnipresent and omnibenevolent too. It is an incontrovertibly truth that God is

As for the Bible God this are His own WORDS:

“The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it.” Genesis 18:20-21

“Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.” Genesis 22:12

Is the Bible God omniscient know everything?
Is the Bible God omnipresent everywhere?

His own statement made it clear that the answer to the two questions is capital NO! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by NNTR: 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
And who told you that you're not one of the followers of Constantine?
Give me a reason why I should be a follower of Constantine

This is part of the reason why uche40 carpets you, especially when you havent the foggiest, what's the difference between a Constantine christian and a follower(s) of Constantine, the latter being an invention of your fantasised mind

MaxInDHouse:
As for the Bible God this are His own WORDS:

“The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it.” Genesis 18:20-21

“Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.” Genesis 22:12

Is the Bible God omniscient know everything?
Is the Bible God omnipresent everywhere?

His own statement made it clear that the answer to the two questions is capital NO! smiley
Genesis 18:17
'The LORD said, “Shall I keep secret from Abraham [My friend and servant] what I am going to do,'

You're are so shallowed minded, increasingly deficit in in-depth thorough biblical comprehension, that you havent the Scooby Do to know that the reason why when God came down to earth and made a detour specifically to Abraham, was because as His friend, He wanted to confide in or confess to Abraham what He came down to earth to do. Essentially give Abraham a chance to have a say or two if any, that could be taken on board and/or give consideration to based on merit

As for the second case (i.e. referring to Abraham and Isaac), just as like what happened in Eden, here we have humans being subjected to tests or given exams, being put through the grind, as it were, the lessons to be learned, usually comes after already taking tests or exams.

Quick easy, direct, simple, harmless, innocent and straightforward questions please
1. Does God know what you're thinking right now?
2. Does God know what you're about to think, or even post, in the next five minutes?
3. Did God know you before you even began forming and taking shape in your mum's womb?
4. Does God know when you'll kick the bucket?

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by NNTR: 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
Please do not quote any of part in above post nor anything in the post of the poster's above too.

Dont say, you weren't forewarned

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
You should first explain the two verses that clearly address the issue at hand.

God said He came down to verify the report He got about Sodom and Gomorrah before destroying the cities.

God said it's after Abraham has proved his loyalty that He (God) knows Abraham is truly His friend.

How does this prove God is Omniscient and Omnipresence?

Make your response straightforward, simple and short! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Tolerant Is God? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
All of us whether good or bad even the most tolerant ones have a limit to what we can tolerate. If God is truly the Creator and as Isaiah mentions, a Potter, why is anyone having issues with whatever he chooses to tolerate?
See how be warned, begged, pleaded with his people not to betray him by following other gods or face his anger. He kept warning again and again so much that his prophets were ridiculed and even killed yet someone say he is intolerance personified. They were the ones who broke his covenant and we see examples of such in today's government and how people were punished.
A father gives expensive gifts to his children, they leave him to thank lifeless idols and he punished them. If it were you, is that not a slap to your face?
As to nonisraelites in ancient times, God did not first have any business with them. Those ones were engaged in idol and demon worship where they even sacrifice their own children and they were moved to want to wage war again Jehovah's people, the apple of his eye. Not when jehovah remains the Supreme military commander of the nation of Israel, for the sake of his great name and for his people, he rose up and defeated them. When he did not act, the enemies praise their false gods. As our God, lifegiver and sustainer and lawgiver, should we be testing his levels of tolerance? Just read the story of Jonah and the Ninevites. Atheists never read that story, when they read, they don't understand cos of having a backward brain
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by Dream17(f): 9:10am On May 28, 2023
@KnownUnknown

I registered this account newly using temp-mail. It's an alternate, not a main. My main account is uche40. For some reason I haven't been able to log into that account.

You can email me at rothwellgeneva@gmaildotcom
Re: How Tolerant Is God? by KnownUnknown: 9:50am On May 28, 2023
Dream17:
@KnownUnknown

I registered this account newly using temp-mail. It's an alternate, not a main. My main account is uche40. For some reason I haven't been able to log into that account.

You can email me at
Cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For Christians - How Does Faith Work? Can It Be Proven / Have The Right Perception Of God / Bye Bye To Ooman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.